Shakin' off the rust

Pretty awesome harvesting this time of year, good that you have a space to dry proper. Pretty impressive considering the low amount of time and money it took to get a crop.
If these plants taste half as good as they smell, I'm sold on autos for a summer crop. Between this and a winter grow, I wouldnt need to buy weed anymore, for very, very little input. I spent so little time on these plants it's crazy, and they smell delicious. Half pound plus of delicious weed for about $140, including seeds and soil etc? Not bad.

Both remaining cheese plants are together until death do they part.

To give you an idea of how much plant matter was removed due to budrot, the plant on the left used to be bigger than the plant on the right.20240815_183014.jpg

Taking my chances here putting it with the plant that's rot free, but this weed looks so dope, I think I have to. It's sooo cheesy.20240815_183050.jpg20240815_183032.jpg

Last edited:
For anyone counting, you will have noticed that there are 2 plants missing. The 2 original ultra mass that got started at the same time as my early cheese.

They suffered hard with bad weather, and ended up as runty dead bullshit in the garden.
Not every plant can be a rock superstar, and live large...
Editing that out for sure.
20240815_162123.jpg

Last edited:
Buds actually look rather chunky. Hahaha laughing at the no plants left behind.
I'm telling ya man, 2 plants together will grow better than a single plant on its own. They love companionship hahaha
Super chunky buds on these two plants for sure though, they look and smell as good as anything I've grown indoors. Really hope I can get at least 5 more days out of them, but im going to stretch it as close to ripe as possible without much more rot. Rot will hasten harvest.

Plants are cut and hung to dry on the left side of the room behind a garbage bag curtain. Reconfigured the LEDs to a more teepee.. configuration..
Temp on AC in the room is set to 63f, staying steady between 17-18c, good balance between drying temperature and cold stress ripening temperature. Ill probabpy drop it to around 16c for the last few days. AC is set to bring in fresh air so the main extraction fan is just a backup in case of emergency.

dont mind the mess.. this all happened so fast i didnt have time to clean it up in there.20240816_160521.jpg20240816_155641.jpg20240816_160539.jpg

Last edited:
Plants are cut and hung to dry on the left side of the room behind a garbage bag curtain. Reconfigured the LEDs to a more teepee.. configuration..
Temp on AC in the room is set to 63f, staying steady between 17-18c, good balance between drying temperature and cold stress ripening temperature. Ill probabpy drop it to around 16c for the last few days. AC is set to bring in fresh air so the main extraction fan is just a backup in case of emergency.

dont mind the mess.. this all happened so fast i didnt have time to clean it up in there.View attachment 69210View attachment 69212View attachment 69213

I can see an a mixed indoor Auto run on the horizon, maybe. 🙂

What is kinda funny is the last 2 cheese plants in the shed look fairly similar to Avalon and Chinook lol.

One pheno is very purple, chunky, dense as hell and smells sweet, skunky, and a bit fruity. Not really cheesy.20240818_093357.jpg20240818_093407.jpg

One is a lime green pheno, chunky, dense but not as dense as the purple pheno. Absolutely reeks like cheese. Probably the best example of the strain but also the most prone to mold.
This plant was chopped this morning and is hanging with the rest now.
20240818_093433.jpg20240818_093445.jpg

And then there was one. The purple pheno is the last one to come down and I'm going to try and let it go another 4 or 5 days so it has enough time to process the koolbloom and flawless finish. This one looks so nice, I really want it to smoke clean.20240818_124337.jpg

Room is holding 15-18c.
20240818_123854.jpg

Looking forward to next wednesday, the whole family is taking the walk on hulo ferry to Vancouver to see Jeff Lynn's ELO, cashed in a bunch of aeroplan points for a hotel at the Fairmont waterfront downtown for that night. Gonna take the kids to some bars after the show and meet up with some mainland friends. Should be a ripper. I love plans like this, all on foot, ripping it up. No worrying about who is driving. With a goddamn musical history legend of a concert in the middle.

Looking forward to getting this shed back up and running. Shes a mess in there right now with one lonely plant.20240822_175319.jpg20240822_175326.jpg

This last cheese is a banger though. Really hard buds, chunkin out nicely. Still spitting the odd white hair, gonna let her go as long as she can.20240822_175355.jpg20240822_175408.jpg20240822_175444.jpg

Evidence that my cat has been down by the grow shed.20240822_175720.jpg

Looking forward to getting this shed back up and running. Shes a mess in there right now with one lonely plant.View attachment 70037View attachment 70038

This last cheese is a banger though. Really hard buds, chunkin out nicely. Still spitting the odd white hair, gonna let her go as long as she can.View attachment 70039View attachment 70040View attachment 70041

Evidence that my cat has been down by the grow shed.View attachment 70042
Hell yea look at the fade

You gonna get the room up for another run?

Found a single small bud starting to rot this morning, decided to trim it up and cut it down. She probably could have used another week, but budrot sucks, and the trichs are fully cloudy with a couple amber scattered in there, so the decision was made to pull it.
Fuck does it ever look and smell fantastic. Couple ounces on this bitch.

20240824_102121.jpg

Hell yea look at the fade

You gonna get the room up for another run?
I was going to, but decided to go a different direction and use the shed to grow all kinds of shit. I plan to plant a weed plant once a month in there so I can harvest one a month, and we're also going to grow lettuce, hot and bell peppers, spinach, basil, all kinds of shit for the kitchen.

Wife and I are doing a lot of research at the moment for our plans to start farming and the itch to start growing stuff is getting to be too much for me to handle lol
i know the feels. really should put that same energy into the homestead here. figure the lights are burning constantly, keeping the cacti happy, might as well be getting more bang for the buck from those wasted lumens.

First sample looks ready to smoke. Its not finished drying but its ready for me to pick at like a half cooked turkey.
Lemon pie, lacks any semblance of density so dried the quickest.

Looks honestly, unreal. And only because I've smoked weed that looks exactly like this numerous times in my life and it's always been beyond amazing. One of my most memorable smokes was a Purps cut that grew EXACTLY like this, that was never grown for production but the grower always grew a few for his personal smoke. Even the stems are covered in crystal, huge calyxs.

Smell is extraordinary. Very lemony with an intense astringency. Pungent. I'm going to let it dry a little more in the house before smoking it, maybe later tonight or tomorrow. Or take some to the Jeff Lynne concert.Screenshot_20240826-142703_Gallery.jpg

Seeds arrived today, supposed to only be 5 seeds per pack but avalon has 7, the other two have 6. Bonus. Also very nicely developed seed, uniform in size and none look immature. He also threw in a free pack of timewarp since we talked on the phone for a while and discovered I live a couple islands away from where the strain came from. That one goes back to the 1960's, very easy to grow plant that finishes in early Sept.
Super nice guy to deal with, an OG from the Vancouver heyday back in the 90's- early 2000's that's been breeding for decades

20240826_142455.jpg20240826_142516.jpg

Jay from Next generation is a good dude, talking to him he said that all the strains he has are bred solely for flavour and smell, doesn't care about thc%, bud structure or bag appeal that much, it's all about the taste and smell for him. Turns out we knew quite a few of the same people from Vancouver back in the day, so I'm hoping these genetics are as good as I think they could be. The Avalon is a cross of a DJ short Blueberry, and a popular hashplant from Vancouver that I suspect is the same one I grew back in 2001 or so when I lived in the lower mainland. Was a popular cut of hashplant and really tasty.

He was, and still is well deep in the scene.
Screenshot_20240826-150055_Facebook.jpg

Ok first smoke report from the super stinky lemon pie..
Did not burn, black as black and tasted like I was trying to smoke rubber tire shavings.

I'll give it more time. Alarmingly unsmokable at this point lol.

Things are drying out here, trimming some stuff right now and the ultra mass is pretty decent, loose outdoor buds but the nose is sharp and nice and sticky. Biggest surprise is how nice the hash is off the trichs, full melt under my thumb in seconds. Tasty as fuck, very hashy tasting hash.
No pics, it ain't pretty.

Smoking some of the green cheese pheno now, despite being a little immature it's decently tasty, smooth smoke. Nice burn with grey ash.
Both the ultra mass and lemon pie smell amazing, but neither one burns or tastes very good. See how it cures, worst case I'll make it into oil for edibles. But this cheese is headstash for sure, and the purple pheno looks like it will be also. 20240902_185730.jpg

Back
Top Bottom