Shakin' off the rust

What is wild to me, is this is the same cheese plant exactly 21 days apart, first pic was July 1st. It was still very much vegging in the first pic and has only started to show hairs in the last couple weeks so its cruising along from what i can tell. its amazing how fast flowers pile up on these autos when the conditions are right. If these plants make it to the end, they might not be half bad, ya know?.

I just might become a big fan of autoflowers for outdoor summertime grows.

Currently feeding calcium silicate, 20-20-20, and a splash of mag pro. Total ec 1-1.2

20240630_115331.jpg20240723_083837.jpg

The other thing I've noticed is they are very light feeders, which is something I'd read about autos. For a long time they hardly got any feed at all, and they've always looked decent as long as the weather cooperated. Once flowering started i began feeding every other watering and feeding daily as of last week. At 1.2ec I saw a few burnt tips on a couple plants, nothing major, but that combined with a fast greenup told me to drop it back down to 1ec total and they've looked good for the last week feeding daily. Like I say, even looking at them every day the buds are piling on noticably fast. Crazy fast. Much faster than an indoor photo period strain for sure.

What is wild to me, is this is the same cheese plant exactly 21 days apart, first pic was July 1st. It was still very much vegging in the first pic and has only started to show hairs in the last couple weeks so its cruising along from what i can tell. its amazing how fast flowers pile up on these autos when the conditions are right. If these plants make it to the end, they might not be half bad, ya know?.

I just might become a big fan of autoflowers for outdoor summertime grows.

Currently feeding calcium silicate, 20-20-20, and a splash of mag pro. Total ec 1-1.2

View attachment 66742View attachment 66741

I'm a big fan of auto's in planters for Summer grows, easy to manage, good choice of seeds nowadays too. (y)

Supposed to get rain the next couple days so I stuck them under cover this evening.

The cheese plants are really getting my attention. The one in the middle has been flowering for around 6 weeks, and the ones on either side of it have been flowering for a little over 3 weeks.

20240728_180311.jpg

This one is in about week 6 of flower
20240728_175347.jpg
20240728_180304.jpg

This is the one a little over week 3 in flower

20240728_180258.jpg

Last edited:
How much longer is your Summer DB, they look well. (y)
Still have a solid 6 weeks of summer weather left I think, the weather doesn't usually turn here until around mid Sept. I fully expect these to be finished before fall weather sets in.
Main thing is the sun exposure. Where I am, the sun drops too low in the sky after mid Sept to properly ripen anything. The DLI drops way low. That's where I think the autos are really a huge benefit to me, just to be able to ripen while the weather is decent.

They look like they need another six weeks, so about bang on. (y)
For sure. One of them will be done in a few weeks i think, if it ever stops banging out new white hairs lol, the other 2 were planted about 3 or 4 weeks after it and only started to flower a few weeks ago, so thinking about 6 more weeks for those ones. Funny how those 2 already have larger bud structure than the one started weeks before. Goes to show how autos really do need perfect conditions for the entire grow to perform to their potential.

I find it depends on how much Sativa there is in the strain, they seem to start earlier than an Indica sided strain, but then they would have to to finish such a long flower cycle with in a seasons time scale.

I find it depends on how much Sativa there is in the strain, they seem to start earlier than an Indica sided strain, but then they would have to to finish such a long flower cycle with in a seasons time scale.
The UK cheese auto I have apparently goes 10-11 weeks in flower depending on the pheno based on some grow diaries I read. Breeder says 8 weeks lol. See how she goes, I could easily see the oldest one going another month still.

I've got the cheese touch.
Gave this lady a half dose of dry koolbloom to really startle it. Should either make it crank out bud weight, or hermi it. Time will tell. 20240731_142450.jpg

The 3 cheese plants together, top right is the plant in the pic above. 20240731_142508.jpg

The other 2 are looking like they'll be massive in comparison, and they smell amazing already. More skunky than cheesy, but again time will tell.20240731_142529.jpg

Well this hurts.. found a spot of botrytis during my morning inspection. Noticed a small leaf looked weird, sure enough pulled it out and found a mass of black mycelium.

Top has been surgically removed, fingers crossed I cut low enough and it hasn't already metastasized throughout the plant. 20240804_100357.jpg
20240804_100344.jpg
20240804_100533.jpg

Decided to bring that plant to another location for a week or two to see if the budrot spreads. Don't want it infecting the plants around it if it does

This isn't sketchy at all. Totally normal to have a 7 week flowering co-pilot. Good thing I live close.

20240804_110224.jpg

Decided to bring that plant to another location for a week or two to see if the budrot spreads. Don't want it infecting the plants around it if it does

This isn't sketchy at all. Totally normal to have a 7 week flowering co-pilot. Good thing I live close.

View attachment 67859
Don't forget to buckle her in

I wish I had better news, but im sorry to say that plant with botrytis is on borrowed time. I found a few more dull looking leaves this morning and they pulled out with no effort and are located all over the plant. Such a shame. Hairs are just starting to change color as well, and although it doesn't look it now, it will be all rot within a week or two.
I wish it wasn't like dis, but it do...

RIP big cheese..
20240807_112812.jpg

I guess I need to Dew something about the Dew situation. The spot they're in gets the best sun and warmest temps, but it also sits in a low lying area and gets a fair bit of morning dew condensation. Might need to bring them home to finish out, the sun isn't as good here, but we don't get the Dew.

I wish I had better news, but im sorry to say that plant with botrytis is on borrowed time. I found a few more dull looking leaves this morning and they pulled out with no effort and are located all over the plant. Such a shame. Hairs are just starting to change color as well, and although it doesn't look it now, it will be all rot within a week or two.
I wish it wasn't like dis, but it do...

RIP big cheese..
View attachment 68124
I found a spot on the furthest along of my triple cheese autos 2 days ago.
Removed that bud.
Scoped the trichs on the plant and they were close enough so I cut it and hung it in the shed.

Decided rather than bringing them home, I'll just move the 2 cheese plants under cover every night and put them out in the morning. I'm there every day anyway. The rest of the plants are nearly ready to harvest so just keeping close watch, going to pull them in the next few days I think. But the cheese needs another 2 or 3 weeks. And looks like it's gonna be worth the effort. They are frosty and dense buds, smells dank and looks dank. 👌
Fingers crossed 🤞, sure hope I don't see any more botrytis.20240807_182936.jpg20240807_182942.jpg
20240807_182956.jpg20240807_182144.jpg

Well color me disappointed. A second Cheese plant is showing signs of budrot now, and they still need 2-3 weeks to finish. Not looking good I gotta say. Pretty disheartening. I swear I never got budrot indoors, but so far in BC outdoors I've been skunked with it every grow.

Well color me disappointed. A second Cheese plant is showing signs of budrot now, and they still need 2-3 weeks to finish. Not looking good I gotta say. Pretty disheartening. I swear I never got budrot indoors, but so far in BC outdoors I've been skunked with it every grow.
That's gotta hurt man, damn. I've got 1 Triple Cheese auto left outside and I'm pretty sure after yesterday and today's all day rain, there will be a mess of rot in just a couple days time.

That's gotta hurt man, damn. I've got 1 Triple Cheese auto left outside and I'm pretty sure after yesterday and today's all day rain, there will be a mess of rot in just a couple days time.
Yep, stings a bit. But it is what it is, nature isn't kind. Next time I'll run them on the dry side I guess and maybe in a greenhouse.
Crazy for plants that have never even been rained on to get budrot. 2 of the cheese plants were put under cover any time we've had rain. Just 2 or 3 days of morning dew the week after we had rain.

Yep, stings a bit. But it is what it is, nature isn't kind. Next time I'll run them on the dry side I guess and maybe in a greenhouse.
Crazy for plants that have never even been rained on to get budrot. 2 of the cheese plants were put under cover any time we've had rain. Just 2 or 3 days of morning dew the week after we had rain.
Nature is definitely not nice, that's a fact. Personally I feel the dew does more damage than the rain. The humidity is what kills me here, 60-80% all year but winter.

Nature is definitely not nice, that's a fact. Personally I feel the dew does more damage than the rain. The humidity is what kills me here, 60-80% all year but winter.
We've been 25-50% humidity and 25-28c the last month or so, almost perfect weather. Had 2 days of rain a couple weeks ago and the plants were put under cover for it, otherwise nice weather. That overnight dew the few days after the rain when it warmed up though...
Meh, I'll get something off these. I'll take them down before things get too nasty, I caught it really early for sure.

We've been 25-50% humidity and 25-28c the last month or so, almost perfect weather. Had 2 days of rain a couple weeks ago and the plants were put under cover for it, otherwise nice weather. That overnight dew the few days after the rain when it warmed up though...
Meh, I'll get something off these. I'll take them down before things get too nasty, I caught it really early for sure.
Oh wow man that's some really good weather for flowering!
I'm sure you did, but spray the rot with peroxide first to prevent spreading spores

Back
Top Bottom