Shakin' off the rust

Yeah definitely hit the spot(s) with peroxide, straight 3%

I never even ended up feeding my autos this year they just lived life, prolly why they werent very big at all.
The last one was just starting to drop leaves but the rain took all her fans off lol

I hope the peroxide prevents the rot from spreading on your plant. She's too pretty to go down like that. Ya'll are scaring this new guy with all this talk of humidity and bud rot. Made me look up my daily humidity for August, so far:

Screen Shot 2024-08-09 at 9.45.34 PM.png

I'm going to see Jeff Lynn's ELO in a couple weeks and I'm pretty damn stoked about it. It's my son's favourite band, the kid has good taste in music.
Jeff Lynn is like 76 years old and somehow still sounds the same and puts on an amazing show. Can't wait to see this legend perform live.

I hope the peroxide prevents the rot from spreading on your plant. She's too pretty to go down like that. Ya'll are scaring this new guy with all this talk of humidity and bud rot. Made me look up my daily humidity for August, so far:

View attachment 68343

Peroxide probably saved my outdoor plant last year. Never got rot but one spot got mold right at the end.

I wish I had better news, but im sorry to say that plant with botrytis is on borrowed time. I found a few more dull looking leaves this morning and they pulled out with no effort and are located all over the plant. Such a shame. Hairs are just starting to change color as well, and although it doesn't look it now, it will be all rot within a week or two.
I wish it wasn't like dis, but it do...

RIP big cheese..
View attachment 68124
damn im sorry dirtbag, i wanted to SEE what happens after applying the koolbloom.

damn im sorry dirtbag, i wanted to SEE what happens after applying the koolbloom.
You still might... one plant is still clean. I dosed them a few days ago and then let them get fairly dry, so should see pretty soon what it does. The weather is meant to turn really shitty here.. need to figure something out.
No Bueno.

Screenshot_20240812-163723_Samsung Internet.jpg

Pitter patter get at 'er! #onlyincanada

also, never noticed that headache rack. thing looks like a beast! love it!
I snagged that rack and rail set for $180, saw it on a truck for sale and called the owner and asked if I could just buy the rack lol. All steel too, nice rack.

I snagged that rack and rail set for $180, saw it on a truck for sale and called the owner and asked if I could just buy the rack lol. All steel too, nice rack.
yeah, looks similar to one i built for a buddy about 15 years ago. a good headache rack belongs on every truck that isn't a parking lot princess. For that price, you got it damn near at the price of it being sent for scrap, too!

I'll chop these 4 tomorrow. They aren't terrible, but they're small and half are mutants. But should be a few oz of smoke here.20240812_191934.jpg

Ultra mass
20240812_191947.jpg

Lemon pie mutants. I think this will be really good smoke, smells fantastic. Kushy lemons.

20240812_192035.jpg20240812_192049.jpg

The last cheese without budrot. Looks damn nice. This lady is going into the crystal palace tomorrow under an LED. Try and finish it in there and cross my fingers it don't get rot too.20240812_192101.jpg

I might get some flack for this, but don't really care. I'm tired of letting nature do its thing and hoping for a good outcome.
Decided to run a sulphur burner on my last remaining cheese plant before putting it under lights. I know I know, it's late flower, and I don't care. I've sulphured enough over the years and don't fear it, the plant will absorb it transdermally and use it as a nutrient, honestly a damn good ripening nutrient, and it should help to prevent any onset of mold if it's there.
The particle size of sulphur vapor is small enough to pass through the epidermal pores of plant tissue and doesn't have to get in through the stomata. My bag of pot won't smell like farts, I promise.

Plant is currently strapped in for a 1.5 hr burn followed by a 3 hr rest before venting.

Gave it a haircut first lol. That was the other reason for considering the burn, is I've gota bunch of fresh cut petioles in there which are a perfect place for mold to start. Sulphur should prevent that for at least a couple weeks, long enough to get it to harvest. 20240813_122408.jpg

Last edited:
Boogie woogie! Top lit and side lit with LED. I was happy to discover that the lights were falsely advertised as spider farmers, and there were infact no spiders in the shed.

The plant has a solid 2 weeks left so I plan to hit it with one more dose of dry koolbloom before switching to flawless finish. From here out I'll be dry stressing it and letting it go bone dry inbetween waterings. Give it a 1/4 turn every day.

I see great potential in this plant, the top cola is like a kids nerf football size.. doing everything I can for it at this point.
20240813_161519.jpg20240813_160703.jpg

Last edited:
Boogie woogie! Top lit and side lit with LED. I was happy to discover that the lights were falsely advertised as spider farmers, and there were infact no spiders in the shed.
haha
The plant has a solid 2 weeks left so I plan to hit it with one more dose of dry koolbloom before switching to flawless finish. From here out I'll be dry stressing it and letting it go bone dry inbetween waterings.
hell yeah
I see great potential in this plant.. doing everything I can for it at this point.
View attachment 68790View attachment 68791
glad to see you caring for it.

Quick update on the rest of the plants.
The oldest cheese that got budrot first is actually ripening nicely, what's left of it. Koolbloom must have done its thing because it was all white hair when I dosed it a little over a week ago. Probably lost half its weight to rot, but what's left looks good, and looks mold free. Likely gonna chop sooner than later before it has a chance to rot. Maybe even tomorrow.20240814_140702.jpg
20240814_140640.jpg

The lemon pie mutants look phenomenal, albeit small. Absolutely a grinspoon type cut. It's so greasy your fingers feel wet after touching it. And it stinks in a good way, smells like lemon scented floor cleaner.20240814_140910.jpg

The ultra mass actually looks not half bad either, has a unique smell and interesting coloration.20240814_140944.jpg

2 lemon pie and 2 ultra mass loosely trimmed up for drying.20240813_173604.jpg

Absolutely a grinspoon type cut
Absolutely, when you first posted them with buds that's what they screamed to me too.
I've been reading lemon cultivars usually have crap structure, idk how true, but the lemon jeffery I'm running has a wicked whacky structure like these almost just more bud like.

"Heyyy, what are you doing??? You shouldn't fertilize your lawn in August, it's not good for the lawn..!!"

Half a pound of Urea 45-0-0 per thou a week or so ago. Lawn be poppin!

20240814_152546.jpg

Weather is meant to turn nasty tomorrow and stay shitty for a week. Plants are mostly ripe and rough trimmed for drying, I'm pleasantly surprised how slow the budrot progressed, and equally impressed with just how nice some of it turned out.

Final family photo of 2024's auto crop, missing the plant in the shed still.
7.5 outta 10, would definitely do it again.
20240815_132241.jpg

The plant on the far right will be going into the shed to finish ripening for another couple weeks. It's the smelliest of the cheeses, on par with the lemon pie funk level, but stinks like pure cheese. I'm half tempted to give it a quick sulphur burn first to try and stop the mold. It has been pretty aggressive in this plant. 20240815_132719.jpg20240815_132740.jpg20240815_132835.jpg

what's the stink radius like on those? like, can you smell them just when you're right on top of em, or can you smell em from a ways away?

what's the stink radius like on those? like, can you smell them just when you're right on top of em, or can you smell em from a ways away?
My entire front yard is about the radius. As soon as you walk through the front gate you can smell them. Mostly the one cheese and the lemon pie plants, they are insanely funky.

Looks pretty damn decent to me, especially since it’s outdoor august.
Dude I'm pretty stoked about this lol. Considering how lame they looked a couple weeks ago, and the budrot weeks ago, thought for sure this would be mostly a flop.
I guess budrot moves a lot slower in August than it does in October, which makes sense. And the other plants really came together in the last couple weeks. All smell super good and potent.
Between the 7 plants I should pull at least half P or more anyway. Happy with that considering how easy these were to grow. Did nothing to them besides water and feed.

Last edited:
Gotta admit, I'm enjoying my view hanging around in the yard for my after work beer today. Hanging out with weed plants in the hours before you cut them down is such a special time, I really missed this. The moment you get to enjoy the last minutes of months worth of planning and effort.
Everything beyond this point fuckin blows.
Until you get to smoke it anyway.

The view

20240815_162459.jpg

Plan is set. I'm gonna chop these plants tonight, and hang them up in the grow room behind a poly curtain to block light and wind. And turn on the AC in the room to bring the temps down into the mid 60's to do a few things, dehumidify, slow the drying process, and also cold stress the 2 plants that are still finishing up. Win win win.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom