What's Cookin?

Nice tomatoes! Even better that you use Cutco knives👊🏼👊🏼
Theyre nice knives, I have their entire block.
When I was about 20, I got drawn into selling Cutco knives. The knives are great, but my ability to sell them was not. So I at least got a great set of knives that I've kept adding to over the years.

When I was about 20, I got drawn into selling Cutco knives. The knives are great, but my ability to sell them was not. So I at least got a great set of knives that I've kept adding to over the years.
I bought mine from my mother when she was selling them a few years back. She didnt sell them too well either.

I bought mine from my mother when she was selling them a few years back. She didnt sell them too well either.
Cutco is a weird company. They have a good product sold in a scam-like way.

A few years ago, a friend of mine tried to buy some off their website, but they directed her to a sales person who would have to visit the home and do the whole sales routine, because she didn't have a previous relationship (i.e., they didn't go through the sales routine) with the company. I can't imagine they still do that, but they might.

Cutco is a weird company. They have a good product sold in a scam-like way.

A few years ago, a friend of mine tried to buy some off their website, but they directed her to a sales person who would have to visit the home and do the whole sales routine, because she didn't have a previous relationship (i.e., they didn't go through the sales routine) with the company. I can't imagine they still do that, but they might.
yeah, the run like a MLM. i think a large chunk of people ended up trying to sell their shit for a while because they made a big push to recruit sales people in the early 2000s. product is decent (there are much better) but their method of selling their product is shady af.

yeah, the run like a MLM. i think a large chunk of people ended up trying to sell their shit for a while because they made a big push to recruit sales people in the early 2000s. product is decent (there are much better) but their method of selling their product is shady af.
Now that they make a few more of them and I have a great sharpener, I prefer the straight-edge types to the double-d grind types.

Yes, their are better knives. But they're better than what is in the average American kitchen. Whenever I find myself helping to cook at someone else's house, I realize how true that is.

Now that they make a few more of them and I have a great sharpener, I prefer the straight-edge types to the double-d grind types.

Yes, their are better knives. But they're better than what is in the average American kitchen. Whenever I find myself helping to cook at someone else's house, I realize how true that is.
I've had and use the same knife set I bought 25 yrs ago in Japan. I own a few Henckels knives people have gifted me but the japanese knives hold an edge so I've never needed to replace them.

i have some german knives that my keeper bought me for christmas about five years ago that used to be amazing. made the mistake of letting a few people other than myself use them, and they're done for now. need them fully reprofiled because apparently being taught how to use a sharpening stick has been lost with time. my 10" chef's knife is a joke now, and the 6" slicing knife is the only one with enough of an edge that i can use it.

they're still better than most of what I try to use at other people's houses though. once you have good cutlery, and know how to use it, the difference using other normies gear is night and day.
I've had and use the same knife set I bought 25 yrs ago in Japan. I own a few Henckels knives people have gifted me but the japanese knives hold an edge so I've never needed to replace them.
man, late nights i get caught up looking at japanese knives. i won't buy em until the lady shows she can take care of expensive gear. she's ruined two pans from the $700 stainless steel cookware set I bought two years ago -- a cookware set that's supposed to last 20 years in residential use. like hell if i'm gonna spend $1k on a knife set and have her fuck them up too.

i have some german knives that my keeper bought me for christmas about five years ago that used to be amazing. made the mistake of letting a few people other than myself use them, and they're done for now. need them fully reprofiled because apparently being taught how to use a sharpening stick has been lost with time. my 10" chef's knife is a joke now, and the 6" slicing knife is the only one with enough of an edge that i can use it.

they're still better than most of what I try to use at other people's houses though. once you have good cutlery, and know how to use it, the difference using other normies gear is night and day.

man, late nights i get caught up looking at japanese knives. i won't buy em until the lady shows she can take care of expensive gear. she's ruined two pans from the $700 stainless steel cookware set I bought two years ago -- a cookware set that's supposed to last 20 years in residential use. like hell if i'm gonna spend $1k on a knife set and have her fuck them up too.
I’m usually not one to plug wares but we have had a set of cutco knives since 1987 still using them today - pricy but 35 years strong

Attachments

• IMG_0205.png
    IMG_0205.png
    289.6 KB · Views: 5
I’m usually not one to plug wares but we have had a set of cutco knives since 1987 still using them today - pricy but 35 years strong
I wanna say i paid just over 800 for that same top set 10 years ago.

I had no idea how expensive those knives were until I started shopping for one last year. Ended up being cheap and getting an 80 dollar Misen chef knife but I could see how easy it would be to spend a few grand on knives

Beef ribs it’s what’s cookin!
View attachment 25826

Awesome!!! Keeping it simple on the rub too...I like that ;)
Pitboss using hardwood (hickory pellets with a garlic/ pepper rub

Nice! I have the PB vertical and love the thing.
IDK if you have a costco nearby and a membership but their Kirkland brand sack of pellets for $13 is one of the best hardwood blends I've used and it's less expensive than most others I've tried
Squeezing in a bbq this rainy weekend

Very nice!!! Love me some beef ribs! :love:

Awesome!!! Keeping it simple on the rub too...I like that ;)

Nice! I have the PB vertical and love the thing.
IDK if you have a costco nearby and a membership but their Kirkland brand sack of pellets for $13 is one of the best hardwood blends I've used and it's less expensive than most others I've tried

Very nice!!! Love me some beef ribs! :love:
Those are the best value pellets I’ve found. I also found a place nearby that sells the bear mountain pellets for 7 a bag

Yeah mine was only like 400 if I can remember that far back
Hard to believe im only 26 and ive seen things triple if not quadruple in price. Its disgusting 🫣 😒

I had no idea how expensive those knives were until I started shopping for one last year. Ended up being cheap and getting an 80 dollar Misen chef knife but I could see how easy it would be to spend a few grand on knives
Yup! I like to cook and having sharp knives is invaluable. When I bought the knives I was lucky enough to have friends that knew recommend what to buy. At the time I thought they were overpriced not knowing anything about knives but I trusted my friends advice and, 25 years later, I'm glad I made that decision.

My knife-selling career lasted from the beginning of summer 1977 until three or so weeks later, when I ran out of relatives and friends. Some still won't take my calls. I then started a multi-summer career of low-man-on-the-totem-pole on construction sites.

The full set was about $360 back then. You had to buy a set in order to sell them, but that was only about $140.

Made stir fry tonight.
Blackened chicken, corn, french cut green beans, green peppers, minced garlic, pipette pasta, and teriyaki sauce.
Didnt even think to take a picture but damn were they fkn good.
Blackened chicken was spicy as fk but delicious

hotter the better!!!! i like spicy stuff... like real spicy!! not all the time or on every meal or anything but once i while i get that itch!!
after you get past the pain of the heat there is a euphoria feeling that is like no other!!!

hotter the better!!!! i like spicy stuff... like real spicy!! not all the time or on every meal or anything but once i while i get that itch!!
after you get past the pain of the heat there is a euphoria feeling that is like no other!!!
Yeah man, i love spicy stuff too, my insides, not so much.
I really enjoy anything spicy when i have a cold. Really clears out them sinuses and lets ya breathe again lmao

Whenever I get sick a double shot glass full of tequila with lemon and honey warmed in the micro gets me out of bed the next morning.
Hmmm. That actually sounds delicious dude. Ive got some tequila and honey here too, just no lemon lol.

Hmmm. That actually sounds delicious dude. Ive got some tequila and honey here too, just no lemon lol.
I know it sounds like just an excuse to get hammered but, at least for me, it works. I do it right before I go to bed. Does it cure me? No, but I can at least function and get what I need to get done the next day.

Try it and see if it works for you. Whatever citrus will work. I've used orange juice in a pinch. Like a medicated margarita shot!!!:LOL:

Around these parts even the honey is hot! 🔥🐝 I don't consider blackened seasoning hot but maybe zesty with a Cajun kick to it. We use it on chicken, shrimp, and fish.
A blackened mahi mahi sammy is about as good as it gets but tilapia and catfish also do well. Blackened salmon is good but it don't belong on bread. That's worse than beans in chili.😋

IMG_5738.JPG

Back
Top Bottom