What's Cookin?

Sick of turkey for sure, but not sick of the fixins that go along with it.
Ive never been a huge fan of turkey to be honest. I prefer a wild bird or a spiral ham lmao
Made some Ham Croquets today from the leftover ham. All the damn kids ate them before I could snap a pic. Turkey got handed out in plates to everyone so only some ham left.

Next time I'm gonna buy a ham with the bone in. I can use the ham bone to make a ham and white bean soup!!!:p

We did pan fried chicken instead of turkey and have a lot of leftovers. Marinated the chicken in pickle juice overnight so it's super moist and has a pickly zest to it.
I made chicken and waffle stacks with some leftovers today:devilish:

IMG_5962.JPG

Made some Ham Croquets today from the leftover ham. All the damn kids ate them before I could snap a pic. Turkey got handed out in plates to everyone so only some ham left.

Next time I'm gonna buy a ham with the bone in. I can use the ham bone to make a ham and white bean soup!!!:p
Nice, I freeze hambones for just that.

Как поменять пароль?
Может мне создать новый логин и пароль?
Прошу подсказать.
Спасибо.

What did ^ he say? I had Ribeye fiajatia's and shrimp again yesterday, no Dressing makes me sad. Cheers Cool Beans, one of my buddies favorite saying's: Cool Beans. SSgrower

1700997435568.png
There's a small eatery [ Maggies Krooked Cafe` ] in one of the ski towns around here that serves a dish with chicken and eggs.
They call it ' The Mother and Child reunion'~!:LOL:

Last edited:
Как поменять пароль?
Может мне создать новый логин и пароль?
Прошу подсказать.
Спасибо.
How do I change my password?
Can I create a new username and password?
Please advise.
Thank you.

Свяжитесь с одним из сотрудников

contact one of the staff members

Even worse is steak on a salad. I don't get that.
The steak has already won and dominated the salad by eating it when they were both alive. I eat the steak because it's already eaten the salad and I'm celebrating that victory so by putting more salad under the steak it's like saying you never really won and your victory didn't count steak. Just a horrible and unfair way to treat a steak.

Fucking communists. Even worse, it's usually well done

View attachment 31153

WRONG!!! on so many levels...
Can we talk about bacon in salads? :oops:
Wife is cooking bacon so I said the cat and I get some huh? Mostly looking out for me.
She said it was for her salad~!
I'll eat bacon in salads but there are so many others way to enjoy it.
Like plain....

Wife is cooking bacon so I said the cat and I get some huh? Mostly looking out for me.
Like plain....
I usually like my bacon on top of mire bacon.
It does fine all on its own lol 🤣

Like plain....

If my wife did that we'd have to have "the talk". And I might even ask to see her papers. 😋
The closest bacon should be to a salad is when it's a BLT but that's just me. I will put cold grilled chicken on a salad and definitely cold lump crab or shrimp for a Louis but that's about it for meat on a salad.

Bacon is often misused IMO. It's great on it's own, in a BLT, replacing the skin on a chicken in the smoker, crumbled on top of a baked potato, but people are putting it in the chili and chowders, in cheese, on doughnuts, stacking so much on burgers they call it a baconator, on deviled eggs...Enough! Let bacon be bacon!
But I will say this....A strip of crispy bacon garnishing a Bloody Mary is really fucking good!!!

If my wife did that we'd have to have "the talk". And I might even ask to see her papers. 😋
The closest bacon should be to a salad is when it's a BLT but that's just me. I will put cold grilled chicken on a salad and definitely cold lump crab or shrimp for a Louis but that's about it for meat on a salad.

Bacon is often misused IMO. It's great on it's own, in a BLT, replacing the skin on a chicken in the smoker, crumbled on top of a baked potato, but people are putting it in the chili and chowders, in cheese, on doughnuts, stacking so much on burgers they call it a baconator, on deviled eggs...Enough! Let bacon be bacon!
But I will say this....A strip of crispy bacon garnishing a Bloody Mary is really fucking good!!!
I like frying up some Proscuitto like bacon every once in a while for a change.

I like frying up some Proscuitto like bacon every once in a while for a change.

Ahhh! An aristocrat pallet I see!👍
Often my choice too to replace bacon or ham in recipes but spendy. One of these days I'm gonna pull the trigger on a whole leg just for thick sliced prosciutto.

i probably misuse bacon... i put it in chili, potato salad, ham and bean soup... everything is better with bacon!! even salads!!! :LOL:

I have several chili recipes that either call for bacon or bacon grease. I always leave it out though.
BBQ baked beans though, it's a must have ingredient but pork belly is a good option too.
I make a mean smoked pork belly slider too 😋

Elk!!!! I am eating the last of this weird looking mother effer. All the elk I kill around here are retarded. They all have horns growing out of their foreheads….

Attachments

• EC903956-9407-4DFF-AB1F-ACE10A02386A.jpeg
    EC903956-9407-4DFF-AB1F-ACE10A02386A.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 4
Ahhh! An aristocrat pallet I see!👍
Often my choice too to replace bacon or ham in recipes but spendy. One of these days I'm gonna pull the trigger on a whole leg just for thick sliced prosciutto.

I have several chili recipes that either call for bacon or bacon grease. I always leave it out though.
BBQ baked beans though, it's a must have ingredient but pork belly is a good option too.
I make a mean smoked pork belly slider too 😋

just don't forget to add bacon to your stuffing!! :ROFLMAO:

Cap steaks in the sous vide

IMG_6044.JPG

seasoned with garlic powder, black pepper, rosemary, & thyme then sealed up

IMG_6046.JPG

rack 'em!

IMG_6048.JPG

After 3 hours in the meat bath at 135 it's time to sear!
Using a screaming hot cast iron grill w/ butter, chili infused olive oil, and all the juices and aromatics from the bags. Seared for about 2 minutes each side.
Notice how I did 3 steaks but only seared two?
Steak and poached eggs for the next day Y'all! 3rd one went in the fridge 😋

IMG_6054.JPG

Finished!

IMG_6057.JPG

Found a Chuck Roast hiding in the back of the freezer that had been in there for some time. Not sure if it's been more than a year but fuck it. Cut up some carrots, onions and potatoes and made a pot roast. Forgot to snap a pic. Came out really good and got eaten up the same day. The kid that lives with us that is the son of the girl that lives with us sliced off some thick steaks from the roast, toasted some sourdough bread and dipped the bread into the gravy and slapped the roast steaks in between. We had around half the roast eaten after we all ate. He pretty much devoured the other half making roast beef dip sandwiches!!!

Back
Top Bottom