What's Cookin?

Thanks!
I went to an estate sale a couple weeks ago and picked up a kitchen aid P600 with all the attachments, (a 600 dollar professional grade mixer) for 200 bucks so i had to test it out lmao.
Score! I beat the hell out of mine and havent burned up the gears yet. Pretzel dough heats it up the most.

wow some killer meals lately!!!

GoodShit, that's my womans favorite plate right there!! i'm not a fan of green beans to much but i can tolerate the french cut like that the most!!
and your bread looks perfect man!!! huge score on that mixer!!!!!!!

Bandit, when you make the tacos puffy like that, is that what they're calling san antonio tacos? or is it more than just the shell that makes them SA?

our slicer only gets used twice a year and lives on the bottom cabinet the rest of the time, only two plastic parts, the bolt to hold the blade on and a washer, the washer broke many years ago i had been using a homemade one for almost 15 years, it worked ok but not perfect.. fast forward to 3D printer times and i now have a perfect fitting washer thats better than the original!!! hehe

cooked a rib roast for 16 hours at 130* last night!! along with left over scalloped potatoes and steamed asparagus...

002.JPG

Score! I beat the hell out of mine and havent burned up the gears yet. Pretzel dough heats it up the most.
I used the grinder attachment to grind 15 pounds of chunked venison Saturday and it barely got warm. Worked great too!

• Fist Bump
Reactions: Max
I used the grinder attachment to grind 15 pounds of chunked venison Saturday and it barely got warm. Worked great too!
Yeah it's not bad dude I make sausages at home from time to time and it does a decent job for an attachment on a mixer. If you ever want to try making links, Hannaford's has pork casings out back if you ask the butcher nicely.

Good way to clean out yur grinder is feed through ice cubes right at the end btw.

GoodShit, that's my womans favorite plate right there!! i'm not a fan of green beans to much but i can tolerate the french cut like that the most!!

Bandit, when you make the tacos puffy like that, is that what they're calling san antonio tacos? or is it more than just the shell that makes them SA?

our slicer only gets used twice a year and lives on the bottom cabinet the rest of the time, only two plastic parts, the bolt to hold the blade on and a washer, the washer broke many years ago i had been using a homemade one for almost 15 years, it worked ok but not perfect.. fast forward to 3D printer times and i now have a perfect fitting washer thats better than the original!!! hehe

cooked a rib roast for 16 hours at 130* last night!! along with left over scalloped potatoes and steamed asparagus...

View attachment 35517
Looking tasty there!

View attachment 35517

That prime rib look outstanding! I like how you're not fucking around with the SV and going big the way you do. Baddass bro. 🤘

Sounds like your slicer gets used more than mine🥴
I bought mine maybe 10 years ago and have probably used it 6-7 times. Every now and then I'll put a chuck roast out on the Santa Maria rotisserie then shave it down for lunch meat. Used it a couple other times for large blocks of cheese but yeah it stays out in the laundry room.

The SA puffy taco is something of a legend and has a little bit of Hatfields and McCoy thing between the two brothers who invented it in the 1950s, Ray & Henry Lopez. Some claim it was done earlier around 1938 but Ray and Henry are considered where it started. And those things are the fucking pride of San Antonio! When it comes to Tex-Mex cuisine, it starts with the puffy taco.
In fact now you got me craving some and might need to take a drive. There's a pretty good spot here in Austin with some great puffy tacos but Ray's or Henry's down in SA is worth the trip. I'm already on a taco bender too. I get this craving and I'll eat tacos until there are no more tacos to be had!

The big difference between what I did in that post and the real puffy is deep frying.
On the griddle they'll puff up but then deflate once I put them in the tortilla warmer. I like doing it because that hot air keeps the warmer warm and they get a little steamed from it.
Deep frying a tortilla does the same thing but it will stay puffy since it's fried to a crisp.
The trick though is the tool used to fold it and keep it puffy otherwise if it stays flat it's a tostada. And that tool was kept secret by the two brothers for decades like it was cold war nuclear codes or something. But word got out eventually and those rumors eventually turned into what we see today in taco shell tongs.

Speaking of tacos my wife considers this blasphemy but I don't give a fuck! I'm a gringo on a taco bender and aint nothing gonna stop me, she can only hope to contain me.
I took her chicken + rice and red mole sauce with a little shredded gruyere and made it into tacos last night.
Her sauce is so good she could sell it. She does it with chicken but with hints of Caribbean and coastal Mexico flavors in there I've convinced her we should do it with shrimp, tilapia, and even a vegan one with squash and root veggies. Could even use it as an enchilada sauce.

IMG_6194.JPG

Your woman has damn good taste then man.
You cant go wrong with steak, taters, and french cut green beans lmao.

i showed her the pic and she said wow they didn't overcook the deer meat either!!! then she looks at me and says when you makin that for me??

That prime rib look outstanding! I like how you're not fucking around with the SV and going big the way you do. Baddass bro. 🤘

Sounds like your slicer gets used more than mine🥴
I bought mine maybe 10 years ago and have probably used it 6-7 times. Every now and then I'll put a chuck roast out on the Santa Maria rotisserie then shave it down for lunch meat. Used it a couple other times for large blocks of cheese but yeah it stays out in the laundry room.

The SA puffy taco is something of a legend and has a little bit of Hatfields and McCoy thing between the two brothers who invented it in the 1950s, Ray & Henry Lopez. Some claim it was done earlier around 1938 but Ray and Henry are considered where it started. And those things are the fucking pride of San Antonio! When it comes to Tex-Mex cuisine, it starts with the puffy taco.
In fact now you got me craving some and might need to take a drive. There's a pretty good spot here in Austin with some great puffy tacos but Ray's or Henry's down in SA is worth the trip. I'm already on a taco bender too. I get this craving and I'll eat tacos until there are no more tacos to be had!

The big difference between what I did in that post and the real puffy is deep frying.
On the griddle they'll puff up but then deflate once I put them in the tortilla warmer. I like doing it because that hot air keeps the warmer warm and they get a little steamed from it.
Deep frying a tortilla does the same thing but it will stay puffy since it's fried to a crisp.
The trick though is the tool used to fold it and keep it puffy otherwise if it stays flat it's a tostada. And that tool was kept secret by the two brothers for decades like it was cold war nuclear codes or something. But word got out eventually and those rumors eventually turned into what we see today in taco shell tongs.

Speaking of tacos my wife considers this blasphemy but I don't give a fuck! I'm a gringo on a taco bender and aint nothing gonna stop me, she can only hope to contain me.
I took her chicken + rice and red mole sauce with a little shredded gruyere and made it into tacos last night.
Her sauce is so good she could sell it. She does it with chicken but with hints of Caribbean and coastal Mexico flavors in there I've convinced her we should do it with shrimp, tilapia, and even a vegan one with squash and root veggies. Could even use it as an enchilada sauce.

View attachment 35610

man what a cool story!! i wish i had known about those guys when i was there years ago... i had just first saw the puffy shell a few years ago on youtube... i always seem to enjoy a meal better when it has a great back story!!!!

i had some puff up like that on accident but didn't fry them afterwards nor did i even know about that.. guess it will now be a bucket list add....

but man you don't need a trip to SA when you can make em like that in your own kitchen.... seriously bro, i'd eat the cardboard and all!!!
ya know the best part of that roast was the leftovers!!!!! hand sliced some out thin and made a big montana with swiss!!!!

003.JPG007.JPG

also made some ham and bean soup today...

001.JPG

🙃🙂🙃

Mhmm

Attachments

• 17042556158888859446013768660153.jpg
    17042556158888859446013768660153.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Gotta dress it up for "presentation" now lol

Attachments

• 17042567556282118120687960132188.jpg
    17042567556282118120687960132188.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 8
So i had frozen pizza for dinner at like 5:00. It was absolutely disgusting so i trashed it and decided id eat later.

So here it is quarter to 9, and i made tomorrow dinner for snack? Or real dinner? Idk. Anyways, venison chops (backstrap) onions, and basmatti rice.

20240104_204416.jpg

Didnt let the chops rest as long as i usually do so they bled a little tonight.

I get this at the Dollar General, it costs me 1 friggen dollar and it makes almoat anything taste delicious. 20240104_205226.jpg
Its salt, garlic, paprika, onion, black and red pepper. Goes really well on rice and chicken.

So i had frozen pizza for dinner at like 5:00. It was absolutely disgusting so i trashed it and decided id eat later.

So here it is quarter to 9, and i made tomorrow dinner for snack? Or real dinner? Idk. Anyways, venison chops (backstrap) onions, and basmatti rice.

View attachment 37187

Mouth is watering so bad looking at that lol. Havent had time to eat much this week and its catching up to me.

View attachment 37187

what, no pickles? 😆

I get this at the Dollar General, it costs me 1 friggen dollar and it makes almoat anything taste delicious. View attachment 37189
Its salt, garlic, paprika, onion, black and red pepper. Goes really well on rice and chicken.

the cheap brands are the best, they can't afford to put any preservatives or shit!!

what, no pickles? 😆

the cheap brands are the best, they can't afford to put any preservatives or shit!!
Haha nope, no pickles! But i do have 4 quarts of fresh dills my dad made for my wife lol.

For sure!! I get 90% of the dollar seasonings, plus im poor so i kinda have too lmao🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom