You have a Pizza recipe or dough recipe? SS

i cheat on the dough, i use a bread machine... but my bread machine recipe is:

1 cup beer
1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar
2 3/4 cup bread flour
1 Tbsp yeast

then i press start :LOL: two hours later when it beeps i take it out and let it rise in a warm spot for 20 minutes.

1 cup beer
1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar
2 3/4 cup bread flour
1 Tbsp yeast

then i press start :LOL: two hours later when it beeps i take it out and let it rise in a warm spot for 20 minutes.
I have one of those pro/home mixers with a bread hook so I may try out this recipe the next time the kids want pizza!! Thanks!!

1 cup beer
1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar
2 3/4 cup bread flour
1 Tbsp yeast

I learned the "bread flour' is a key ingredient King Auther brand ring a bell? SS

Imo basil goes best on fish and pizza lmao
That looks so good dude 😍 👌🏼
🩲🩲🩲
Thanks Buddy! Basil is awesome and I need to grow it since I use so much! Right there with garlic and black pepper for me

I got some frozen Mahi Mahi filets I need to cook. Any recipe suggestions?

I might do the tortilla chips encrusted method but I like that combo you did.

I tend to use high temps around 400+ without any type of crust but with a crust I'd go low around 350.

I prefer cooking fish with wood or fire at that high temp so first thing is rinse the fish and pat dry with paper towel then lightly coat both sides with either infused olive oil or plain light olive oil so it won't stick but also create a bind for the herbs.
Slice some lemons and use the end pieces to drizzle lemon juice over the fish.
Sprinkle on dry herbs...You just cant go wrong with basil, garlic powder, and black pepper with all that lemon and it's great on all types of fish.
Top the fish with the lemon slices and give another light dusting of herbs to coat the lemon slices.
If I cook on a grill I lay the fish on foil and don't flip it and cook with the lid closed.
If I cook over open fire I use a rotisserie basket and motor to spin the fish for me.
I'll check with a thermometer but I tend to go more by if it starts to flake it's done. So done temp may be around 145 I think for fish but I think that's bare minimum so I go until 160 and flaking for some of these fattier fishes. Mahi is lean so maybe around 140-150 would be ideal

Thanks Buddy! Basil is awesome and I need to grow it since I use so much! Right there with garlic and black pepper for me
I grow sweet basil every year, i juat love the smell of it when i go out to the garden. Plus i feed it to my pet rabbits and it helps keep bugs away from other plants in the garden.

I tend to use high temps around 400+ without any type of crust but with a crust I'd go low around 350.

I prefer cooking fish with wood or fire at that high temp so first thing is rinse the fish and pat dry with paper towel then lightly coat both sides with either infused olive oil or plain light olive oil so it won't stick but also create a bind for the herbs.
Slice some lemons and use the end pieces to drizzle lemon juice over the fish.
Sprinkle on dry herbs...You just cant go wrong with basil, garlic powder, and black pepper with all that lemon and it's great on all types of fish.
Top the fish with the lemon slices and give another light dusting of herbs to coat the lemon slices.
If I cook on a grill I lay the fish on foil and don't flip it and cook with the lid closed.
If I cook over open fire I use a rotisserie basket and motor to spin the fish for me.
I'll check with a thermometer but I tend to go more by if it starts to flake it's done. So done temp may be around 145 I think for fish but I think that's bare minimum so I go until 160 and flaking for some of these fattier fishes. Mahi is lean so maybe around 140-150 would be ideal
I just remembered I have some cuban Mojo that I prepared and have had sitting in the fridge that I need to use. I think I'm going to use that. It has sour orange, cumin, olive oil, garlic and salt. I agree I prefer grilling my fish. I love sushi so I don't mind if the fish is on the edge of fully cooked or not.

makin beans with meat n stuff.... i don't dare say the "C" word!!!! :D

View attachment 39756

bread machine is loaded up too!!!

Dude that looks really good and I bet it's delicious!

I do have a confession for ya...Prior to me arriving in Texas, I always had beans in my chili and knew nothing different. Beans just went in chili and it wasn't even a thing. No bean chili was just weird and I considered it hot dog sauce or that weird chili for nachos at 7-11 that comes out of a pump.

Then I got to Texas and was indoctrinated, some might say brainwashed, into the laws of chili and it's history. Texas has a way of doing that.
Like I never knew what BBQ really was until I got here. Back in Cali we grilled and called it BBQ but what we were doing was not even close to what's called BBQ here.
So even though I come from beans in chili I still like fucking with people about no beans in chili. And I will talk all kinds of shit to my sister and BIL about what's BBQ and what's not BBQ. Shit, they still think BBQ comes off a propane grill.😜

And if you really wanna piss off a Texan...put pineapple on pizza. I have to keep my love for the Hawaiian pie on the DL and order it in disguise while using a fake name it's frowned upon that much.
But that worm is turning...My last pie I ordered pineapple with spicy sausage, garlic, jalapeno, and eggs over ez for toppings. Lady behind the bar was like WTF but the dude who made it was ya know...this looks like a really good pie even with the pineapple so he made two. One for me and one for the employees to try and they all loved it. It was a weird pie but so dang good especially with the runny egg yolk.

Right now I'm in a mental gridlock on cooking. After watching The Menu I can't stop thinking about a smash burger. I can't even crave something else it's on my mind so much. So this Saturday I'm doing smash burgers on the grill and it's gonna be as meticulous and detailed as that burger in The Menu. A cheeseburger work of art🧑‍🎨

Dude that looks really good and I bet it's delicious!

I do have a confession for ya...Prior to me arriving in Texas, I always had beans in my chili and knew nothing different. Beans just went in chili and it wasn't even a thing. No bean chili was just weird and I considered it hot dog sauce or that weird chili for nachos at 7-11 that comes out of a pump.

Then I got to Texas and was indoctrinated, some might say brainwashed, into the laws of chili and it's history. Texas has a way of doing that.
Like I never knew what BBQ really was until I got here. Back in Cali we grilled and called it BBQ but what we were doing was not even close to what's called BBQ here.
So even though I come from beans in chili I still like fucking with people about no beans in chili. And I will talk all kinds of shit to my sister and BIL about what's BBQ and what's not BBQ. Shit, they still think BBQ comes off a propane grill.😜

And if you really wanna piss off a Texan...put pineapple on pizza. I have to keep my love for the Hawaiian pie on the DL and order it in disguise while using a fake name it's frowned upon that much.
But that worm is turning...My last pie I ordered pineapple with spicy sausage, garlic, jalapeno, and eggs over ez for toppings. Lady behind the bar was like WTF but the dude who made it was ya know...this looks like a really good pie even with the pineapple so he made two. One for me and one for the employees to try and they all loved it. It was a weird pie but so dang good especially with the runny egg yolk.

Right now I'm in a mental gridlock on cooking. After watching The Menu I can't stop thinking about a smash burger. I can't even crave something else it's on my mind so much. So this Saturday I'm doing smash burgers on the grill and it's gonna be as meticulous and detailed as that burger in The Menu. A cheeseburger work of art🧑‍🎨

holy shit!! i leave for like two hours and i come back and the whole world is off axis!!! Bandit eating beans in chili?!?!?! it's gonna snow!!!

don't worry man, the entire country has no idea what BBQ is... until i went to texas i thought BBQ was a ground beef dry sloppy joe. people make it in crock pots for picnics. ground beef, onion and peppers.. some actually use salt!!! ewwwww... it's so gross!!! you get this tiny white roll to eat it on.. it's f'n disgusting!!

but hell NO to pineapple on pizza or anything!!!!! if i were king people could only eat pineapple with blueberries and that's it!!! goes good with nothing else on the planet!!! especially not pizza!!!!! man that;s like tofu in chili!!!! people put it on ham and stuff... so fkn gross!!!!!!

the messed up part is i really like pineapple and buy them often... just not mixed with anything!!! i really like once you eat a bunch you get the juice in the bowl!!!

haven't watched the menu yet, downloaded it along with nope... haven't watched either.. napoleon is on my desktop as well to watch!!

but i have some of that 85/15 left to make a good smash burger on hand so maybe i'll watch it later tonight.. i have off tomorrow and it's snowing so i get to party all night long!!!!

holy shit!! i leave for like two hours and i come back and the whole world is off axis!!! Bandit eating beans in chili?!?!?! it's gonna snow!!!

don't worry man, the entire country has no idea what BBQ is... until i went to texas i thought BBQ was a ground beef dry sloppy joe. people make it in crock pots for picnics. ground beef, onion and peppers.. some actually use salt!!! ewwwww... it's so gross!!! you get this tiny white roll to eat it on.. it's f'n disgusting!!

but hell NO to pineapple on pizza or anything!!!!! if i were king people could only eat pineapple with blueberries and that's it!!! goes good with nothing else on the planet!!! especially not pizza!!!!! man that;s like tofu in chili!!!! people put it on ham and stuff... so fkn gross!!!!!!

the messed up part is i really like pineapple and buy them often... just not mixed with anything!!! i really like once you eat a bunch you get the juice in the bowl!!!

haven't watched the menu yet, downloaded it along with nope... haven't watched either.. napoleon is on my desktop as well to watch!!

but i have some of that 85/15 left to make a good smash burger on hand so maybe i'll watch it later tonight.. i have off tomorrow and it's snowing so i get to party all night long!!!!

Dude I'm living proof foodies aint born, we're made. 😋
Too funny about the sloppy joes. Yep that's considered BBQ by a lot of folks. That's what the Army called BBQ on it's menu. I guess for some it's BBQ once you put BBQ sauce on it no matter how it was cooked.
Nope is a really good movie. I saw it in theaters and got it on Vudu. Probably seen 10x now. Jordan Peele also did Get Out and Us and both of those are a twisted trip too

Dude I'm living proof foodies aint born, we're made. 😋
Too funny about the sloppy joes. Yep that's considered BBQ by a lot of folks. That's what the Army called BBQ on it's menu. I guess for some it's BBQ once you put BBQ sauce on it no matter how it was cooked.
Nope is a really good movie. I saw it in theaters and got it on Vudu. Probably seen 10x now. Jordan Peele also did Get Out and Us and both of those are a twisted trip too
It's crazy how he made the jump from skit comedy to horror producer.

Nope freakin blew me away. Nope

1 cup beer
1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar
2 3/4 cup bread flour
1 Tbsp yeast

Breadmaker machine users unite! 👊 Lol

I just watched it last week or so and posted it somewhere.

I liked the movie, thought it was decent.

Very interesting take on the fuckin UFOs or , some of them anyway......

Cool 😎.

that's why i downloaded it the other day, because of your recommendation!!

Breadmaker machine users unite! 👊 Lol

just made a bread today!! well the machine did.. i pressed the button!! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom