Zen_seeker’s DIY Mixmash

Due to rain and high temperatures & humidity I’ve stopped drying in the tent. G$ has me worried about mold. Only had it on a few of wife’s house plants but that was enough.

So now I have 29oz wet in two paper bags doing the Lotus method again, after drying at least 6 days in the tent.

We’ll see in a week or two how things go.

So that’s about 37oz, half dried, from Solo & Twin1. That’s 2 pounds. Cool. Hope we keep the weight when dry.

3am… no rain… humidity is okay…

Watered Twin2 and checked the garden. Something, I’m guessing rat, has found the garden over the last two weeks. Stripped the bark off the Beefsteak Tomato plant. Cutting off branches. Time to set a trap.

Twin2:
IMG_4389.jpegIMG_4390.jpeg

Flower Day 7 W1: (Approximately)

Twin2:
IMG_4402.jpegIMG_4404.jpeg

Trimmed out the bottom and some dead end or short middle branches and fan leaves.

Solo:
71353229484__CFDEF013-1F3A-4800-83DF-07548175A5BA.jpeg

Easiest trim ever. Just wish the temps would have cooperated. All in paper bags in the fridge now.

Clip:
IMG_4405.jpeg

She’s big and gangly from my experiments. Took one clone off her but might chop her and take a second clone.

Was also considering chopping her in half again and flipping to flower. Wasn’t sure it would be worth the trouble. But later when talking with G$ he suggested the same thing. So maybe chop, clone, flower just to see what’s what.

Northern Lights:
IMG_4407.jpegIMG_4408.jpeg

I put the “lid” on to keep just a bit of moisture in the top. Also protects it from my big hands when I dig around the zone for propagation stuff.

New clone:
IMG_4406.jpeg

Technically ready to transplant but I like a bit more roots first. Would be great to have NL take off so both can flower together in the near future.

The 4 clones being male really crapped on my plans. Looks like no grow break… but at least a slow down.

Inside should hold us until new year, I hope. With outside taking care of my buddies with health issues. That’s the plan anyway.

We’ll see how things go with Clip.

Twin 2 is magnificent. I always liked where you planted it too with the pavers around it etc likes it's growing up out of the pathway or something. Good shit all over the place dude.
Thanks man.

I was just trying to save her rather than toss her when all three clones got huge.

The pathway was the best choice for hiding, maintaining, and protecting. I got lucky a big mud hole was good enough. 🤣

If it works out I’ll probably do one outside each year for my sick buddies. Bugs got bad over June/July but things seem good now. Here’s hoping. 🤞

Clip: (Before)
IMG_4405.jpeg

She’s been waiting in pre-Veg a while and grew into the light. Still haven’t got that down yet. But much better and no deficiencies!

(After)
IMG_4414.jpeg

Chopped her in half, again, yesterday. After taking a clone last week and another last night just in case. Looks good even though I didn’t do anymore LST.

So I’m back to a full house with two in flower. One inside and one outside.

If the NL takes off I’ll clone it and give away one of my other clones. Need a second good strain.

Twin2:
IMG_4430.jpegIMG_4428.jpeg

I think she’s still stretching. 🤣

Might have to remove anything outside the bottom of the net. I’m beginning to think she’s going to be quite top heavy. Or maybe it’s just wishful thinking.

Sent a few pics to buddy. He’s looking forward to testing it out. Cancer is a bitch. Loose to many good people in long painful deaths. Ya, life’s everything else but fair.

Died at 4pm, woke up at 1am. Glad I got sleep but wifey should have woke me. Oh well got most of my chores done already. Don’t care what the weather report says watering and feeding veggies and Twin2. They need the food and a full watering. Not a 5 minute rain and days of humidity.

Red Sweet Pepper:
IMG_4429.jpeg
IMG_4424.jpeg

Picked yesterday’s salad:
IMG_4423.jpeg

NL & New Clone:
IMG_4432.jpeg

Northern Ligjts are off to a good start. Roots are just getting from side to side. Nothing at bottom yet.

The new clone already has a full root base. Takes the run off a little while to get through.

Newest clone isn’t showing roots yet so no pics for it.

Lots of little things going on for the gardens. Outside veggies are trying to grow but crappy rain, temps and humidity have done damage and high winds the last two days didn’t help the tomatoes.

Twin2 handled things well with the net. Moved as a solid unit. 👍
IMG_4480.jpegIMG_4478.jpeg

Noticed a few sun leaks through the cedar hedge the other day.
IMG_4460.jpegIMG_4461.jpeg

Which brings us to Clip. She’s healed a week and to keep her small for stretch I put the table at 33” and squashed her down. Solo was at 41” so the extra 8” should save her from light stress. 🤞
IMG_4490.jpegIMG_4493.jpeg

New plants are good. Pics when they change. NL is working on third node. Can’t wait to make a clone from her.

Finally jarred 6.5oz from 10oz wet. Two 10oz paper bags to go over next few days. Should fill my main jars. 🍀
IMG_4494.jpeg

Now that we won’t run out in a month or two I can focus on getting Twin2 ready for family/friends as well as look at other strains. Northern Lights will be my second. A really good Sativa wold be my next desire. 🥰

One buddy is at a car show just across the border this weekend. Wife’s driving him down and around. More great people with shitty health luck. He says the weed helps so that’s good. He might even get his wife to help him grow a clone next spring. She’s great with plants and gardening in general. I’ll have at least one ready for him this coming spring. 🌱🌳

Lots of little things going on for the gardens. Outside veggies are trying to grow but crappy rain, temps and humidity have done damage and high winds the last two days didn’t help the tomatoes.

Twin2 handled things well with the net. Moved as a solid unit. 👍
View attachment 18128View attachment 18129

Noticed a few sun leaks through the cedar hedge the other day.
View attachment 18130View attachment 18131

🌱🌳
thout about? thinning that outside bushes canopy a little as a preventative measure against WPM?

thout about? thinning that outside bushes canopy a little as a preventative measure against WPM?
I’ve been slacking a bit the last week. I have hollowed out the middle so to speak. I’ll get to it sooner than later. Don’t need mold.

Looks like rain is coming. Pulled the yellow off Twin2 this morning. Defoil tonight or tomorrow depending on weather. I hollowed the middle over a month ago but small crap is back.

Last day of trim jail. About 6oz to go.

IMG_4499.jpeg

Yesterday 6oz dry.
IMG_4495.jpeg

First 6oz dry in jars.
IMG_4497.jpeg

We found what looks to be three buds with a single seed. First time for me. All are on the top buds.

Guess I harvested just in time. 😝

Hand is sore but I know it’s worth it. Thanks again to all who helped with Solo and Twin1. We did well this time round. Can’t wait to harvest Twin2 and hand out branches. A few will really appreciate it.

One of the three seeds we found. Just left them on the bud for later.
IMG_4496.jpeg

Last tray…yay!
IMG_4500.jpeg

Just larf left.
IMG_4503.jpeg

So dry we managed about;
9oz Twin2
18oz Solo

I expect to lose another ounce in the final dry/cure in jars.

Hope they taste good and have a nice fresh heady high. Toppers old buds seem to sneak up on us after a few toots these days. After months in jar its changed I think. Never had bud last this long so not sure if it’s us or the weed has changed with age. 🤷‍♂️

Curious.

Did you inspect the trichomes prior to harvest and if so what color (were're, man what the fuck is the proper spelling for that) They?

Isn’t it just; what color were they?

Twin1 was mostly cloudy but had more clear below. I had to harvest a week early due to aphids. (Need to get staff to change Twin2 to Twin1 in above post.)

Solo was cloudy above the net. Some amber some clear. She went the extra week. 70+ days iirc.

Posted a few pics above somewhere I think.

Clone & northern lights are ready for feeding.
IMG_4504.jpegIMG_4505.jpegIMG_4506.jpegIMG_4507.jpeg

The newest backup clone doesn’t show roots yet. Any day now…

Really hope the NL kicks off soon. Want to clone that asap.

Humidity here is down today and at 7am it’s still 16c outside, 18c in the basement. Tent was at 50RH. 👍
Clip is ready for defoil tonight. Fed her last night/this morning.

Mold and Twin2. I think I’m good for now but need to keep working on the top and inside middle.

Bottom
IMG_4508.jpeg

Up shot
IMG_4509.jpeg

New buds
IMG_4510.jpeg

Top down middle
IMG_4511.jpeg

Took off some lower branches that just couldn’t keep up to canopy. Removed a few more yellow leaves and lollipoped a bit more.

Twin2:
View attachment 17684View attachment 17685

I think she’s still stretching. 🤣

Might have to remove anything outside the bottom of the net. I’m beginning to think she’s going to be quite top heavy. Or maybe it’s just wishful thinking.

Sent a few pics to buddy. He’s looking forward to testing it out. Cancer is a bitch. Loose to many good people in long painful deaths. Ya, life’s everything else but fair.
I understand, I have 5 medical patients who depend on my grows, lost a kush kack,male, so popping more seeds of fems from Mosca Baja Blast x Bruce Banner. SSgrower I only avg 1/2 lb. per plant

Back
Top Bottom