Zen_seeker’s DIY Mixmash

20240727:

Flower Day 21.

Strawberry Lemonade has been fading the last week or so. I’ve added ProCal and continued adding Grow but it’s still fading. I’ll bump the next feed. She’s slowed down her drinking too.IMG_9355.jpegIMG_9358.jpeg

Purple Diesel still has a bit of yellow up top but I think it grew to close to the light here/there. I raised the lights on both tents. I also bumped the N tonight a bit before I defoliate tomorrow.IMG_9356.jpegIMG_9357.jpeg

We’ve been enjoying Clone B most of the week.IMG_9327.jpeg

Nothing new to add for HB. Still in the red cup but over the lip of the half dome. Just waiting for the first set of real leaves to open up an inch or more.

Fed Strawberry Lemonade today but I’ll defoliate tomorrow. Have to lay on my back for that.

Purple Diesel and Jilly Bean got a trim. IMG_9363.jpegIMG_9364.jpeg

Might have to do it again. Lots of middle top growth. Both are thick but PD is extra branchy. I put her up front this time. JB is in the back.

May I introduce you to Bandit420’s
Haunted Banana F1

IMG_9375.jpegIMG_9376.jpeg

No issues, no drooping or laying over. Colour looks good and already has the second set of true leaves coming up.

Gave it a little bit of nutes the other day and it went well. By next weekend she should be out of the danger zone. 👍

May I introduce you to Bandit420’s
Haunted Banana F1

View attachment 67324View attachment 67325

No issues, no drooping or laying over. Colour looks good and already has the second set of true leaves coming up.

Gave it a little bit of nutes the other day and it went well. By next weekend she should be out of the danger zone. 👍

Test smoked some of that HB1 yesterday and it's a winner! I'll run some potency tests soon and let you know what you can expect in THC and CBD %.
Flavor is a sour diesel chem, very close to old school OG Kush and a lung expansion that could probably make an elephant cough. Water bongs will soften it up but she hits like a mean and ornery bastard from a joint. Doob took 4 attempts over 3 hours to kill it🫠

Test smoked some of that HB1 yesterday and it's a winner! I'll run some potency tests soon and let you know what you can expect in THC and CBD %.
Flavor is a sour diesel chem, very close to old school OG Kush and a lung expansion that could probably make an elephant cough. Water bongs will soften it up but she hits like a mean and ornery bastard from a joint. Doob took 4 attempts over 3 hours to kill it🫠

Sweet! I’ll finally have a strain I know all about. 🤣

If you say it’s a winner I think that’s good. 👍💨💯

Can’t sleep. To hot and too humid.

PD is still stretching a bit. But I think it’s almost done. Saw the lights needed to be higher and raised them the other day but not quick enough.
IMG_9408.jpeg

So I can get the light as high as possible, when necessary, I use two straps but run them through some fireproof sheathing before applying. You can get them off old ovens and other cooking appliances. IMG_9413.jpeg

SL
IMG_9412.jpeg

JB
IMG_9410.jpeg

PD
IMG_9411.jpeg

Things are stacking up nicely. Just waiting to see if SL is going to slow her fade.

20240802:

Day 27 after flip.

Still high heat and humidity. Tents range from 22*-30* & RH 45%-65% depending on lights on or off.

For the most part things are good.

Strawberry Lemonade
IMG_9457.jpegIMG_9459.jpeg

Jilly Bean in the back and Purple Diesel front right.
IMG_9456.jpegIMG_9453.jpeg

Haunted Banana
IMG_9460.jpeg

Should be ready to flip in about a week, right? 🤣

20240802:

Day 27 after flip.

Still high heat and humidity. Tents range from 22*-30* & RH 45%-65% depending on lights on or off.

For the most part things are good.

Strawberry Lemonade
View attachment 67706View attachment 67707

Jilly Bean in the back and Purple Diesel front right.
View attachment 67708View attachment 67709

Haunted Banana
View attachment 67710

Should be ready to flip in about a week, right? 🤣
I think bandit420 flip from birth and he grew out a great crop. I'm going to try and flip my 13 at 3-4 weeks. I'm also going to play with the far reds with 15 min at lights out after I transplant into the Autopots while they are still in veg. I've noticed them getting wider leaves with the reds but it stretches them so much I don't want to over do it/

I think bandit420 flip from birth and he grew out a great crop. I'm going to try and flip my 13 at 3-4 weeks. I'm also going to play with the far reds with 15 min at lights out after I transplant into the Autopots while they are still in veg. I've noticed them getting wider leaves with the reds but it stretches them so much I don't want to over do it/

It is a cool idea. I’m tempted to try it myself. Definitely help with hight. 🤔

SLIMG_9479.jpeg

JB & PD
IMG_9480.jpeg

HB
IMG_9481.jpeg

Temps and humidity have been very high all weekend. Holiday Monday was the worst.

Strawberry Lemonade is still fading faster than I like, bottom up. Still adding a bit more N in Base and added ProCal.

Haunted Banana is doing good. No issues or surprises.

Strawberry Lemonade is dealing with a Magnesium issue I think.
IMG_9489.jpegIMG_9487.jpegIMG_9488.jpeg
IMG_9490.jpeg

I’ve been giving more N and ProCal but haven’t noticed any improvement.

Yesterday feed:
08ml 4-0-0 Base
13ml 0-6-6 Bloom
05ml 2-0-0 ProCal

Epsom might be a better choice?
Waiting days to see results is frustrating.

JB & PD are doing good.
IMG_9491.jpeg

You can foliar spray Epsom and it will show if it helps quicker than adding to water during feedings or watering.

Thanks Steam.

I switched over to epsom just last feeding. I know I can foliar spray but isn’t it a no no when in flower?

I can do it after 7am if it’s not going to muck up the grow. I’ve never had mold but it’s been a hot and humid year.

JB
IMG_9499.jpeg

PD
IMG_9500.jpeg

SL
IMG_9501.jpeg

Strawberry Lemonade is dealing with a Magnesium issue I think.
View attachment 68084View attachment 68085View attachment 68086
View attachment 68087

I’ve been giving more N and ProCal but haven’t noticed any improvement.

Yesterday feed:
08ml 4-0-0 Base
13ml 0-6-6 Bloom
05ml 2-0-0 ProCal

Epsom might be a better choice?
Waiting days to see results is frustrating.

JB & PD are doing good.
View attachment 68088
the strawberry L doesnt look too deep in flower, a light epsom mist on the foliage probably be ok.

i mean buds can get fully rained and soaked on outside, just need to counter balance.

healthy plants and airflow /env

the strawberry L doesnt look too deep in flower, a light epsom mist on the foliage probably be ok.

i mean buds can get fully rained and soaked on outside, just need to counter balance.

healthy plants and airflow /env

That’s what I did with a 1.5L pressure mister. Little less than 1/2 tbsp epsom in 1L water. Sprayed enough to cover the leaves but not the bottoms.

Tonight will be day two after spraying. We’ll see if there is any noticeable change.

Got it going on Zen, wow I need to keep up hell yea bud big turn around from the germinating woes of winter....hell yea dude 👏🏻

Some good luck, good genetics from friends, and better environmental conditions helped. Next round will be clones of the same strains plus Haunted Banana.

20240812:

Temp 27 LON / 22 LOFF
RH 48 LON / 62 LOFF

Strawberry Lemonade
Starting to smell stronger. First to catch my attention. Sweet fruity but not strong yet. IMG_9585.jpegIMG_9586.jpeg

Jilly Bean & Purple Diesel are looking great. JB has a touch of tip burn now. I did bump the light a bit last week. But otherwise they both look good. Bit of an aroma off each if I get close. But not strong enough to note. Swamp smell I got in stretch is almost gone. IMG_9587.jpegIMG_9588.jpegIMG_9589.jpeg

Haunted Banana
IMG_9556.jpegIMG_9557.jpeg
IMG_9558.jpeg

Leftovers from yesterdays garden harvest. IMG_9573.jpegIMG_9571.jpeg

What a week. Can only get better, right? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
SL just didn’t fill in. Disappointed but she smells amazing. Can’t place it yet.
IMG_9609.jpeg

JB & PD are doing great. I’ve been upping the light a bit each week. So far just a touch of tip burn on JB.IMG_9612.jpeg

Day 40 so just past the middle point…hopefully.

For a couple bucks you can get a fence post bubble level. I leave one on my light so it’s easier to keep it straight. I move it to a few spots to check level when I raise or lower it.

IMG_9642.jpegIMG_9641.jpeg

Not a big deal but might help someone down the road.

Vegetable garden had some bad luck. After days of rain and wind today was windy enough to do some damage.

74579122774__47E7AB61-5804-4E2E-A6AE-CE6ADAFF1BD5.jpeg
The beefsteak weighs a lot too so it split into three. I’ve twist tied things back and supported the tomato so we’ll see.

74579179285__C9496DA4-1F26-448E-863C-9664EC51A4CD.jpeg
Cayenne are starting to turn. 👍

IMG_9691.jpeg
We made bruschetta with todays hall.

IMG_9690.jpeg
Sunflower and strawberry. Only had a few handfuls of berries. Something else has found them. 😑

One cucumber plant has WPM on some of the leaves. I sprayed with peroxide tonight. All the humidity and rain has added up. Got everything top and under leaves. Then did the rest of the plants.

Works on weed so I have hope for tomorrow. Sun would be nice. Only a high of 20* low of 11* 😳. It’s like mid September already.

Back
Top Bottom