Zen_seeker’s DIY Mixmash

Things shot up after a day of light rain. Can’t do any HST as we are getting 2 or more days of rain still.
18B4691E-BE8D-42C6-808E-F6CB00DB1A90.jpeg

Each crate is 14” square so she’s getting wider as well as taller.

Peonies are hanging in there but they won’t last 3 more days of rain.

Well...after being gifted clones and giving some away I was feeling happier. But JIC I put them in quarantine for a week after spraying with sulphur at G$ suggestion.

Then I transplanted into new soil after removing much of the original.

However this morning I thought I saw something off. I removed a yellow leaf for inspection since my son got me one for my BDay that arrived yesterday.

This is what a found a few hours ago.
D9A60FB3-23B0-40B6-89C8-98F90772E24E.jpegCBDB241B-DB40-4726-93B8-F382142C9665.jpeg

Originally I thought I saw eggs but after a while under the light they must have hatched.
CB7E803B-11E1-4398-9051-1B6C4A5BE2A4.jpeg

So all clones got another dose of insecticide. Safer’s Soap this time. Under and top of leaves till dripping. Now they sit in the bathtub for a bit.

If I didn’t need a second strain I’d try for a field goal with them. 🐛 😖

I’ve warned the guy and a few others who got them so it shouldn’t be to bad. Just another pita to deal with this week.

Well...after being gifted clones and giving some away I was feeling happier. But JIC I put them in quarantine for a week after spraying with sulphur at G$ suggestion.

However this morning I thought I saw something off. I removed a yellow leaf for inspection since my son got me one for my BDay that arrived yesterday.

View attachment 7386View attachment 7387

Originally I thought I saw eggs but after a while under the light they must have hatched.
View attachment 7388

So all clones got another dose of insecticide. Safer’s Soap this time. Under and top of leaves till dripping. Now they sit in the bathtub for a bit.

I’ve warned the guy and a few others who got them so it shouldn’t be to bad. Just another pita to deal with this week.
Just be happy you only found the 1, when i had aphids in my veggie garden, there was like 3,000 of them fuckers, they were on everything.

But that was how i found PyGanic, and the shit destroys aphids. Immediately upon spraying them, they started dropping and never moved again.

View attachment 7386View attachment 7387

View attachment 7388

This is my bug sheet;
I have found spinosad works on a great many of them and does not have the soapy smell I loath.

Just be happy you only found the 1, when i had aphids in my veggie garden, there was like 3,000 of them fuckers, they were on everything.
Oh it was a lot more than one. That was just three off the leaf I removed.

It ended up being just the one plant but I cleaned each leaf by hand after using Safer’s Soap this time. On all three in that zone. Then I cleaned the tent zone. Put the one back in quarantine and the two back in their zone.

But that was how i found PyGanic, and the shit destroys aphids. Immediately upon spraying them, they started dropping and never moved again.
Ya I didn’t find any moving. But I’ll be checking tomorrow.

This is my bug sheet;
Thank you. Added. 👍

I have found spinosad works on a great many of them and does not have the soapy smell I loath.
I’ll keep an eye out for it. Lots of stuff is becoming harder to find.

I have Safer’s Insecticide Soap, the similar Ortho one, DE powder & spray, and now sulphur.

They shouldn’t have gotten as far as they did. I didn’t see them when I sprayed sulphur in quarantine. I should have wiped each leaf but just sprayed upside down and right side up.

I've not dealt with aphids specifically but have had some good outcomes with beneficial insects. Can be a more expensive option I guess but effective and clean

What beneficial insect eats aphids?
Ladybugs

Ladybeetles, Ladybugs, or Ladybird Beetles

IMO they are a little more effective if they are contained and not just flying away

Id get a scrog table on that outdoor plant, you gave her unlimited room to grow and shes definitely taken advantage of that.
Due to the damp and rainy days I haven’t been doing HST. I’ll be on it as soon as I check the weather. Don’t want a thunderstorm right after I beat her down. 🤣

Still not sure about the SCROG yet. Table top will probably be easy but a good support...might have to use crates at corners. We’ll see this weekend. (SCROG table would help with theft too.)

Indoor ladies are bushier than I like but buds are at the base of each. 🤷 Kind of dealing with it day by day.

Still doing bug checks in quarantine. Another week of that to go. They do look better than when they arrived.

Forgot to add Clip but it seems we can no longer edit our posts? Hope that’s temporary.

Clip:
View attachment 8351

Yeah same here with the edit button. Seems like it's a minute or two now but before it was unlimited.
I made a post today and forgot to add a pic. A couple minutes later I came back to it but couldn't edit. Needs to have some window of time there...we're all stoners and forget shit all the time!

Shower curtain rings......I like your McGyver....
Thanks. Just looking for options that work that didn’t require ties or wraps. Wanted something I could take off and clean.

I use two types. The ones that lock in I twist past the lock point, heat with lighter, then they keep themselves locked.

The second net I use as a trellis support but make it so I can remove the net or frame at any time. So far they last and don’t snap like other plastics.

1C22E3ED-F1AD-416A-80BB-4675B45F7964.jpegF17A6664-41A7-4C43-814F-118D4BF04796.jpeg

Almost like they are made to go on 1” bars and take some abuse. 🤣👍

Looks better than other options, easy to clean or replace, and available at lots of stores.

Early signs of light/heat stress?

300w light has been at 100% for Twin1 for over a week. And Solo is at higher LUX but not 100% for 450w.

Twin1: This is a few inches below top canopy.
2CAAA5F8-FBFE-4937-B21D-8A5E69E69712.jpeg

This is the same above leaf. Has a bronze mark.
FEC19BF7-4D78-4BC2-BC01-E7F638053662.jpeg

Top down. Burnt tips tonight. Not just yellow but black and crispy. Some of the fingers have burnt side points burnt too.
94BFFE5A-F906-4879-A285-BB818EDFAA93.jpeg

A few leaves at the outside look like this.
44545CA7-1812-427D-B141-79AFA6B61241.jpeg

Solo is not showing anything but typical burnt tips. She’s further from the light.

Humidity and temp have been higher than I like but less than 55% RH & 28c. Lowest in the same week 36% RH & 22c.

Both plants seem to be getting the dark shadows on the leaves that signals purple is coming. IMO.

This would be week 5 now, 30 days after 12/12 flip.

Early signs of light/heat stress?

300w light has been at 100% for Twin1 for over a week. And Solo is at higher LUX but not 100% for 450w.

Twin1: This is a few inches below top canopy.
View attachment 8753

This is the same above leaf. Has a bronze mark.
View attachment 8754

Top down. Burnt tips tonight. Not just yellow but black and crispy. Some of the fingers have burnt side points burnt too.
View attachment 8755

A few leaves at the outside look like this.
View attachment 8756

Solo is not showing anything but typical burnt tips. She’s further from the light.

Humidity and temp have been higher than I like but less than 55% RH & 28c. Lowest in the same week 36% RH & 22c.

Both plants seem to be getting the dark shadows on the leaves that signals purple is coming. IMO.

This would be week 5 now, 30 days after 12/12 flip.
Mag deficiency last picture

Last edited:
what ratios are you running and yeah some light stress and the start of K deficiency. Could be an environmental thing
DF9979E1-EAA5-4091-A92B-26273A5A2D97.jpeg

I have Base, Grow, Bloom, Karma & Sweet Tea. Next feeding is Flower Week 5.
(2ml/3.5L Pro Cal 0-0-2 was added once on June 12th feeding.)

Water is tap that sits for at least 24hrs.

Just after flip when I got clones gifted I sprayed 15ml sulphur in 1.2L water. It was left over from spraying clones. So now I have white spots that almost look like WPM.

Twin1 just got fed on the 17th. Solo on the 18th. They get the same mix.

Back
Top Bottom