8 strains x 4 breeders. No veg. Seed to Weed in 80 days. Let's ride!

Happy 420 everybody!!!

To members who don't know me, I'm Bandit420
I grow so much pot I always have plenty

I live in a prohibition state and am considered an outlaw
Got two pretty good green thumbs, maybe because I'm a southpaw

I might be Sith but probably more Jedi
One thing for sure, this grass gives me redeye

Gonna grow some alien, banana, ice cream, OG, headband, and even a nuke
Stanky dank aromas from this crop just might make me puke

California Lightworks makes my LED light
They do a helluva job growing these weeds, frosty buds with density nice and tight

I pop my seeds using a 3D printed vertical germinator
It's tech sent here from the future like a Skynet Terminator

I start them off in airpots for awesome roots
And for food I give my ladies Great White, King Crab, & Neptune's Harvest nutes

In flower, Coast of Maine soil, 3.84 gallons per plant is what I use
Best soil around? Hell yes! That's old news

Pull up a chair and get ready for a show
Gonna try and turn these plants so white it'll look like snow

We'll be flying in a starship and I hope you don't panic
After all, this grow is 100% organic

🔥

The Breeders & Strains:

Irie Genetics ~ Nuketown

Cosmic Wisdom Seeds ~ Banana Twerpz

Greenpoint Seeds ~ Straight Jacket....AC/OG....Tahoe Animal....Gellazi....Banana Punch

My home bred cross ~ Haunted Banana F1

Everything except for Haunted Banana is feminized

🔥

A no veg grow is exactly what it sounds like. Once they break thru the seedling stage, the stalk firms up, 5 point leaves emerge, I flip to flower.
Several reasons for this and some are pointed out here

Not only has no veg growing saved me money on operating costs but it's allowing me to fit two extra grows annually which in turn means greater yields per year.

The speed though is the biggest game changer in all this. To be able to take 20-25 seeds and turn it into one lb of sensi in a little over two months time is some real shit that's hard not to notice.
And not just seed runs...I'm hoping to do some clone runs as well :cool:

So lets light the fires and burn some tires!!

🔥

View attachment 54556

IMG_7017.JPG

23 plants have been started. I have a max capacity of around 25-28.
4 starts are from regular seed and I expect some attrition occuring there and maybe a runt or mutant or two. This plan for attrition was done intentionally with the idea of taking clones and running a trailing crop with more Haunted Banana, Nuketown and Banana Twerpz to max out capacity and then some

IMG_7023.JPG

IMG_7024.JPG

IMG_7026.JPG

IMG_7027.JPG

New for this grow is an updated and ugraded air moving and cooling array of fans in addition to 3D printed, ceiling mount poles for ACI Gen 1 fans to cool the Spectramax heat output.
This was done by pointing a laser thermometer at the light's rails and identifying where the drivers are at causing the heat.
Before the cooling the rails were at 116*F. After cooling they don't get past 94*F.

IMG_7033.JPG

Right now two SS550s are on and they're both at 30%

IMG_0583.JPG

420spectral.png

Another upgrade is a center positioned SS550 under the Spectramax able to come down and help with starting the sprouts and also be a back up option in case heat is too much of an issue running the Spectramax.
This SS550 like the other two are on a remote control winch to be raised and lowered or installed or removed with ease.

IMG_7030.JPG

IMG_7032.JPG

IMG_7035.JPG

Y'all may be noticing some other changes well. 🥴
If those aesthetic changes are kinda doing a mind fuck with your eyes, that's the intention😋

🔥

The grow is monitored by Pulse and controlled by ACI, Blueprint, and Spartan controllers and thermostats.
There's eight 6" ACI fans, one 16" Air King, Hepa filtered active intake, a 10 speed 20" ceiling fan, and 700CFM worth of exhaust power

pulse.png

So that's the grow. 😋
Now comes the crazy shit like cannagars, rosin, dab life, bbq, and all other things 420 😵‍💫

Last edited:
I should say I don't watch them all at once but like to know I can if I want to. 😋 But yeah for a 6-8 part series I'll do about 2.5 hours at a time and finish it up in 2-3 days.

I'm not sure exactly but what I think is true is yeah bourbon is corn mash and can only be made in the USA while whiskey is rye or grain and made all over the world.

There's a really good doc, Neat, that's worth a watch and explains a lot. Even if you're not into bourbon or whiskey it's still a very well made and informative movie

I'll let you know. We'll be dropping into the coastal bend at Palacios then making our way along the coast with a 2 night stop in Port O then on thru Corpus. Mainly doing a food tour. Wanna hit up Tookies in Kemah for a rumored best burger in Texas....A Vietnamese spot and bait shop in Palacios....Poboys at Alby's in Fulton and a few more spots.

As the weather gets hot I switch up to tequila and limeade or frozen margs. Sometimes some vodka and juices but on a cool night I'll sip some of the brown water.

Rum is just nasty IMO. I'll take the worst tequila over the best rum any day.
Schnapps is for teenage girls at a slumber party.
Gin is for rich women on diets
Wine is for drunk ass moms hanging out with other drunk ass moms while their kids play soccer
Beer is good. But something like Coors Banquet or other domestics. "Local" IPAs are for dudes with man buns
Spiked seltzers and ciders are for dudes who wear skinny jeans and play pickle ball and chicks who drive Heeps.
If you don't know what a heep is...here ya go....

View attachment 60571
You are wild loud for coastal Texas, don't speed. Ha!

tenor.gif

Ever watch Being John Malkovich? That’s a weird movie…

I'd go spectramax but thats just cause i like bar lights. I know that clw makes amazing gear so either route you take I think you'll be happy.
I like that one too. It's also the cheaper of the 3. It's only red/white adjustable whereas the other two are red/white/blue adjustable. That's where I'm torn. And then how beneficial is the UV? Worth an extra couple hundred bucks?

I like that one too. It's also the cheaper of the 3. It's only red/white adjustable whereas the other two are red/white/blue adjustable. That's where I'm torn. And then how beneficial is the UV? Worth an extra couple hundred bucks?
Hmmmm. I think I'd have to go SS 1100 then just for the extra spectrum tuning.

I don't know enough about uvb to help you there.
but if ya want my opinion? Snake oil lol.

The one thing to remember is that the spectra will generate much more heat then the other 2.
My FCE 8000 was not just a install and go for me.
I had to re adjust everything in the room [ controls ] to deal with the additional heat.
Yeah changing all my equipment and tent, really threw me and everything else off lol. It's been a hassle redialing it all in.

If you had money to burn, a grow coming to an end and had to choose one of these 3, which would it be?
View attachment 60831
View attachment 60830
View attachment 60832
Same question for you, too @Stoneyluv

If it will be a grow inside a tent I'd avoid the Spectramax. The heat output on it is formidable and cannot be ignored. In a tent, I could easily see it taking temps up to 105 without AC injection and negative pressure exhaust no matter how many fans are running.
My room is 10x10 with maybe 6'x10' of true open space.
Fresh air injection at night during warm months is low 70s to mid 80s
Exhaust is strong enough to create negative pressure in the room as well.
So without lights on and air moving in and out of the room temps would be about 75*F.
Running the Spectramax at full power brings those temps up to 93*F. The only way to bring that temp down is with AC and closing up intake and exhaust for intermittent periods or in my case, acclimate your plants to hot conditions and hope for the best results possible.
Ideally the Spectramax should be in a high ceiling warehouse style of grow op. Me having one in a small room is like stuffing a Windsor 454 motor in a Ford Focus. Inside a tent would be like

7028koxbu41b1.jpg

In regards to the 1100 here's a tip for you...Two smaller lights that can equal the output of a single large light is a better option to go with.
The panels on the 1100 are too close together. This tight configuration means the light will need to be hung very high above the canopy at around 40" or higher.

I prefer two SS550 because I can open that configuration for a much wider footprint while also getting the light closer to the canopy to increase DLI and PPFD.
Two smaller lights will also make it easier to manage heat output. The Solarstorm lights do have some heat output that needs to be managed but it's nothing like Spectramax and can be handled with a good space exhaust and fans.

Another thing about having two lights rather than one large one is if something should fail on one light, you at least have the other to get you thru until repairs are made instead of being SOL because the one light died. It is unlikely one will die as I've had one running like new for 8 years, 3 years beyond it's warranty, but still better to be prepared for something like that.

The UV tech for horticulture just isn't there right now to be effectively put to use.
First issue is that it's a 2' T5HO lamp with a penetration of about 8". So if it's mounted to the main light and the light needs to be hung at 24-30" then the UV is useless being up so high.
Second issues with the UV system is that it's cumbersome, too many xtra cords, and it will need to be set on it's own timer to run the last 2-4 hours of each lights on schedule.

What's the size of tent or room this will happen?

Lots of good info there. Thanks Bandit.

I grabbed the 1100 last night after talking to G$. CLW recommended the 1100 for a 5x5 so that's what I did. They suggest 36" above the plant. I should have the headroom. They suggested 2 550's for anything bigger or 1 550 for smaller than a 5x5, but 550's are suggested to be 12" up. I got a 90 day money back guarantee with it, at least.

I do have AC running in the lung room 24/7 with an inline fan in the intake. Hopefully that'll mitigate the heat well enough.

I grabbed the 1100 last night after talking to G$. CLW recommended the 1100 for a 5x5 so that's what I did. They suggest 36" above the plant. I should have the headroom. They suggested 2 550's for anything bigger or 1 550 for smaller than a 5x5, but 550's are suggested to be 12" up. I got a 90 day money back guarantee with it, at least.

I do have AC running in the lung room 24/7 with an inline fan in the intake. Hopefully that'll mitigate the heat well enough.

The 1100 should cover 5x5 but you may see stretching on the perimeter toward the center of the light. The 550 is more like around 3.5x3.5. and ideally 3x3.
At 36" above canopy with an 1100 keep an eye out for bleaching and raise it as needed. The far red in these lights is no joke when it's too close to the tips of colas and it will bleach them.
Watch your plants closely and take what CLW has given you as suggestion and not gospel. They have a tendency to downplay the user friendliness of these lights ;)

out f the three you listed i like the 1100 the best. did you get a controller with it?

man... osram!!! ain't nothin better!!!!

Yeah. I got 15% off which basically paid for that.

If you buy anything else from them use code GROW20 for 20% off. Twice a year there's a code for 30% as well and it's for 4/20 or Memorial Day sale. The 15% off makes it seem like it's a sale price but it's actually the base price. They're good at hooking new buyers with their price structuring like that

I should say I don't watch them all at once but like to know I can if I want to. 😋 But yeah for a 6-8 part series I'll do about 2.5 hours at a time and finish it up in 2-3 days.

I'm not sure exactly but what I think is true is yeah bourbon is corn mash and can only be made in the USA while whiskey is rye or grain and made all over the world.

There's a really good doc, Neat, that's worth a watch and explains a lot. Even if you're not into bourbon or whiskey it's still a very well made and informative movie

I'll let you know. We'll be dropping into the coastal bend at Palacios then making our way along the coast with a 2 night stop in Port O then on thru Corpus. Mainly doing a food tour. Wanna hit up Tookies in Kemah for a rumored best burger in Texas....A Vietnamese spot and bait shop in Palacios....Poboys at Alby's in Fulton and a few more spots.

As the weather gets hot I switch up to tequila and limeade or frozen margs. Sometimes some vodka and juices but on a cool night I'll sip some of the brown water.

Rum is just nasty IMO. I'll take the worst tequila over the best rum any day.
Schnapps is for teenage girls at a slumber party.
Gin is for rich women on diets
Wine is for drunk ass moms hanging out with other drunk ass moms while their kids play soccer
Beer is good. But something like Coors Banquet or other domestics. "Local" IPAs are for dudes with man buns
Spiked seltzers and ciders are for dudes who wear skinny jeans and play pickle ball and chicks who drive Heeps.
If you don't know what a heep is...here ya go....

View attachment 60571
Gotta have ducks and a tumbler

Long live the Pirate!
Starting this Summer vacation and it just aint the same without him but at least the music lives on

Starting to build some towers and Banana Twerpz finally decided to start throwing pistils

IMG_7301[1].jpeg

IMG_7304[1].jpeg

IMG_7303[1].jpeg

IMG_7305[1].jpeg

IMG_7306[1].jpeg

Heat stress aint no joke when it's 94 lights on and only 84 at lights off so I added Yucca Wet to the routine

IMG_7307[1].jpeg

Your background wallpaper looks so cool when the plants take off. Like you’re growing on the space station hiding it in your quarters. 🤣

Thanks Buddy!
Makes it fun to be in there and do work and even my wife likes going in there and looking around now. She didn't know I did it until one day walked in to get the vacuum and has been giggling about it since.

Maybe the biggest surprise is there's no drop off in garden performance from when the walls were 99% reflective hammered aluminum.
I tried to take light measurements off the walls when they were aluminum and while there were measurable readings, they were insignificant in what it takes for light to grow a plant.
I pretty much keep it to myself now but IMO reflective walls helping with anything is bro science and that's why I figured why not go with art instead and found the murals on Amazon.
If I didn't find those murals I was very close to painting my walls black as my thoughts about that now are blacked out walls making for a better dark period is more beneficial to the garden than light reflective walls.🙃

Thanks Buddy!
Makes it fun to be in there and do work and even my wife likes going in there and looking around now. She didn't know I did it until one day walked in to get the vacuum and has been giggling about it since.

Maybe the biggest surprise is there's no drop off in garden performance from when the walls were 99% reflective hammered aluminum.
I tried to take light measurements off the walls when they were aluminum and while there were measurable readings, they were insignificant in what it takes for light to grow a plant.
I pretty much keep it to myself now but IMO reflective walls helping with anything is bro science and that's why I figured why not go with art instead and found the murals on Amazon.
If I didn't find those murals I was very close to painting my walls black as my thoughts about that now are blacked out walls making for a better dark period is more beneficial to the garden than light reflective walls.🙃
Amazon you say eh?.....I wonder if they'd glue to a tent wall....lol.......That could open up a whole new grow tent design with style. My decals faded rather fast, do you think your mural with last? I know that other reptile one you have still looks good. are they protected some how? The Spiderfarmer decal was done after1 grow

Amazon you say eh?.....I wonder if they'd glue to a tent wall....lol.......That could open up a whole new grow tent design with style. My decals faded rather fast, do you think your mural with last? I know that other reptile one you have still looks good. are they protected some how? The Spiderfarmer decal was done after1 grow

When I got the spectramax light it started to fade out any posters near it I had up in quick order.
I am expecting the mural to fade but not sure how fast. I hope to get at least a year out of it but so far so good and it still looks like new.
They're actually giant peel and stick vinyl and the space station came in 4 pieces to make it ez to put up.
Main thing is clean the wall first then I started at the top and used a staple gun to hold it up while I worked it to get out any bubbles and make sure it stuck well to the wall.

There's tons of other styles of wall murals that are just big stickers as well. When this one fades out I might go with a beach scene, under water ocean, or dinosaur jungle. I think a forest scene would also look super cool

The little port windows are the same, just big stickers but there's a quality drop between them. Some are more useful for a project like this and others are more for maybe a kid's laptop or something and they have very weak adhesive but here's the good kind that hold up

The alien on the wall has been up there for so long I lost count how many years. Maybe around 6-8 years.
It's a Star Wars Fathead and they are pricey but no fade and last a very long time. Adhesive back is high quality as well

Thanks Buddy!

Even as a teen I liked the mossy forest plastic wallpaper. But it was expensive. Not very common. The best one I remember seeing was in the higher closed areas of the Eatons Centre all the temp walls and vacant stores were just forest. Looked good like a park.

The black idea is interesting. I’ve wondered at the quality of my dark periods both in the yard and the tents. Never a true unable to see dark. But then I don’t recall it naturally being that dark out either even up north. Maybe in thick bush but meh. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
When I got the spectramax light it started to fade out any posters near it I had up in quick order.
I am expecting the mural to fade but not sure how fast. I hope to get at least a year out of it but so far so good and it still looks like new.
They're actually giant peel and stick vinyl and the space station came in 4 pieces to make it ez to put up.
Main thing is clean the wall first then I started at the top and used a staple gun to hold it up while I worked it to get out any bubbles and make sure it stuck well to the wall.

There's tons of other styles of wall murals that are just big stickers as well. When this one fades out I might go with a beach scene, under water ocean, or dinosaur jungle. I think a forest scene would also look super cool

The little port windows are the same, just big stickers but there's a quality drop between them. Some are more useful for a project like this and others are more for maybe a kid's laptop or something and they have very weak adhesive but here's the good kind that hold up

The alien on the wall has been up there for so long I lost count how many years. Maybe around 6-8 years.
It's a Star Wars Fathead and they are pricey but no fade and last a very long time. Adhesive back is high quality as well

Don’t get the waterfall. It looks great but you’re going to sublimely need to pee every fifteen minutes. 🤣
IMG_8640.jpg

Back
Top Bottom