All things shrooms

So that’s why he isn’t being clean at all (or dosent appear to be)?
So you mix your spawn 1:1 or 1:2 with coco and “let it go”
Can you do the PF tek method then crumble up/break up the pucks and mix with the coco?
Trying to figure out what method I’d like to attempt as I have all the stuff to sterilize (pressure cooker and what not but not the hepa stuff….
You inly need the pressure cooker for the spawn… for the coco i just boil water and add it to the coco in the pail… cause i ise the bricks. Put the lid over it and let it cool then use it

So can I do the brown rice flower and vermiculite in the mason jars method, get my mycelium going, once that’s all white and looking good, break it up and mix with the coco or souls I just stick with the PF tek method if that’s how I start?

So can I do the brown rice flower and vermiculite in the mason jars method, get my mycelium going, once that’s all white and looking good, break it up and mix with the coco or souls I just stick with the PF tek method if that’s how I start?
Never done it but sounds like its a viable method

You inly need the pressure cooker for the spawn… for the coco i just boil water and add it to the coco in the pail… cause i ise the bricks. Put the lid over it and let it cool then use it
I picked up the coco coir (40L hydrated) for the casing mix. How much boiling water per brick if each brick expands to 10L? I also have vermiculite. What is the ratio for coco to vermiculite, 1 to 1?Mushroom Tek.jpg

I picked up the coco coir (40L hydrated) for the casing mix. How much boiling water per brick if each brick expands to 10L? I also have vermiculite. What is the ratio for coco to vermiculite, 1 to 1?View attachment 4738
Yeah 1/1 ratio… ill have to look up the water but you basically want to see a drip or 2 when you squeeze it hard in your hand… that is field capacity

Adding a little shroom variety.
Pictures taken during my walks and hikes.
My neighborhood is shroom central for Psilocybes in the fall and winter, all those pics were within a 2 minute walk of my house.Amanita Calyptroderma (4).JPGAmanita Phalloides (10).JPGArmillaria Mellea (43).JPGPB130028.JPGPC110131.JPGPC170211.JPGPC170235.JPGPC290091.JPGPsilocybe cyanescens (59).JPGPsilocybe cyanescens (70).JPGPsilocybe Cyanesens (22).JPGPsilocybe Cyanesens (27).JPGPsilocybe Cyanesens (70).JPGPsilocybe Cyanesens (100).JPGPsilocybe Cyanesens (152).JPG

I have the mico-pore tape. It was delivered a bit ago. I have my 4' seedling mat out warming up the rice right now. The controller is set at 79F. We're ready to do this at any time.

Awesome in excited to see how well this works out for ya
We might inoculate the bags tonight. We'll see. I did a pre-spray with 70% alcohol and I have a hepa air purifier with UVC sanitation I thought I would use to keep the air constantly filtered and as free as possible from airborne contaminants.

I'll be doing this in my 4 x 8 grow tent. I won't have plants in it again until fall.

We might inoculate the bags tonight. We'll see. I did a pre-spray with 70% alcohol and I have a hepa air purifier with UVC sanitation I thought I would use to keep the air constantly filtered and as free as possible from airborne contaminants.

I'll be doing this in my 4 x 8 grow tent. I won't have plants in it again until fall.
sounds good to me man. Sterilize the needle before each inoculation with a flame. If you need more info on that just let me know

sounds good to me man. Sterilize the needle before each inoculation with a flame. If you need more info on that just let me know
I have a butane torch. I think because of everything else we have going on right now, we won't be doing the inoculation tonight after all. I expect it to take up to a couple of hours.

I have a butane torch. I think because of everything else we have going on right now, we won't be doing the inoculation tonight after all. I expect it to take up to a couple of hours.
About 20 min tops. Wipe the bags off…. Flame the needle. Inject and tape if not using rtv silicone. Repeat for each bag

This is what the store had - so what my girl got.

Should still work with any grain rice right - oh well nbd will check back if this kind won't work

- no pore tape or rtv silicone though.

Sooo guess I'm waiting or trying without tape

Attachments

• 16861025948727260923769324664592.jpg
    16861025948727260923769324664592.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
Yolo

Injected the spores in 2 bags

1- 1cc
1- 2-4cc - got stuck and pushed too hard.

Have 8cc left to try again with --- in a cleaner way if this fails.

Also no tape, set my self up for failure but if it works cool.

I did use a lighter to resterilize the needle and disinfectant spray to wipe things down.

Attachments

• 16861083390831481752291353002773.jpg
    16861083390831481752291353002773.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5
  • 16861083494037096082092328273091.jpg
    16861083494037096082092328273091.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 5
This is what the store had - so what my girl got.

Should still work with any grain rice right - oh well nbd will check back if this kind won't work

- no pore tape or rtv silicone though.

Sooo guess I'm waiting or trying without tape
Can’t wait to see. 🤞🍀

you got this @Observer. i did some hella sketchy knock ups in high school and college. most came out fine. some were catastrophic losses. only way to really learn is to full send. #doittoit
I tried to wait until after high school to get anyone knocked up...

Oh wait... wrong kind of knock up... my bad 🤣

Last edited:
  • Deleted by tobh
  • Reason: foot in mouth
Show…
you got this @Observer. i did some hella sketchy knock ups in high school and college. most came out fine. some were catastrophic losses. only way to really learn is to full send. #doittoit
Thanks man, if this fails I'll do it a little more professionally next time.

May go ahead and order another syringe/variety.

Got a little extra cash for a few things now

Back
Top Bottom