All things shrooms

Looking good dude. Rye?

What substrate are you using? Monotub?
Rye berries tonight grain to grain 1 of those into 5 more jars and start soaking enough for 5 more… be doing grain to grain for a bit to build up spawn and then into monotubs with 50/50 coco verm with a touch of turkey trot (poop) boiled into the water to hydrate the coco verm mix and a little L-tryptophan sprinkled in.

You dont need the turkey trot or L-tryptophan but i add because it seemed to make a difference in potency… but im not claiming it does yet… just did that the last 2 tubs i did and the feedback was it increased potency so im just going to pick up where i left off

Thanks man, if this fails I'll do it a little more professionally next time.

May go ahead and order another syringe/variety.

Got a little extra cash for a few things now
I ordered another. I got KSSS in the mail today. We'll be injecting that later on tonight. At that time, I'll look to see if I have any activity from the creepers I injected last week.

GT is a good producing all around strain. I think you will like it.
Yeah my favourite was KSSS but GT is the basic cant go wrong… this PE can have some challenges so we will see. But i can tell you the mycelium are at a snails pace… i dont have any of the equipment i ised to have so im flying by the seat if my pants on the cheap also

Rye berries tonight grain to grain 1 of those into 5 more jars and start soaking enough for 5 more… be doing grain to grain for a bit to build up spawn and then into monotubs with 50/50 coco verm with a touch of turkey trot (poop) boiled into the water to hydrate the coco verm mix and a little L-tryptophan sprinkled in.
Gonna try this down the line as I further my mycology knowledge.

You dont need the turkey trot or L-tryptophan but i add because it seemed to make a difference in potency… but im not claiming it does yet… just did that the last 2 tubs i did and the feedback was it increased potency so im just going to pick up where i left off
Nice

Been a long time since i read up on it but you may enjoy this one. I haven’t finshed it yet. But I can’t help but feel the addition of L-Tryptophan has the potential to improve potency…. Again no claim that it will but just a gut feeling it can help maximize the potential

https://chemistry-europe.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/cplu.202000581
Growing in coco sounds a lot easier than trying to find aged horse crap. I think I will be following along and interested in your harvest.

Seems like field capacity would be super high water content with coco. I see that as a benefit.

Growing in coco sounds a lot easier than trying to find aged horse crap. I think I will be following along and interested in your harvest.

Seems like field capacity would be super high water content with coco. I see that as a benefit.
I do mine so that when i grab a handful i squeeze it hard and only get a few drips…. Otherwise its too wet. You can mix in a small amount of horse manure but its not required (nor the turkey poop) for cubes

• Deleted by 2Bad
Show…
I wish philosopher stones were actually good. They yielded so well and we're so easy to grow since you don't need any light.
I think I might have some jalisco spores in my vault. definitely want to try my hand at sclerotia producers. I also have some morel spawn that I plan on experimenting with. Both pan cyans that produce sclerotia and morels require the formation of sclerotia before they'll produce fruit bodies. kinda cool.

Gonna try something with this brown rice here.

Boiled it and placed it in a sanitized container, once it cools/dries back a little, ill add some spores.

thinking if boiling it sterilizes it, goes directly into a sterile container - it should/hopefully mostly BE STERILE lol.

guess we'll see how bad im failing at this in a week or so, or randomly succeeded.

Attachments

• 16863529793223026544090091194303.jpg
    16863529793223026544090091194303.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
I have about 100 peyote seeds i need to plant. I would grow Ayahuasca but haven’t looked into it much yet
Can I get one seed? Forgive me if the request is off the wall, figured I should ask. That is the biggest shroom I've ever seen!!!!

Just reading this thread. So glad we got a thread for this! We got some knowledge gurus here, more than I realized

Think I'm going to invest in the GE Mella, seems like a great fit for my limited space. I got some APE colonizing now in an all in one bag I just shot up last week, that I plan on transferring in the mella. I was so close a month ago, I saw what looked like fruiting bodies about to shoot up from the mycelium then it got contaminated. Pretty sure cause I over wet the media in my excitement.

Don't the shrooms breath oxygen like us?

So the mycelium produces CO2 as byproduct of (?)
Yeah that's how those c02 grow bags work, or are supposed to work. They are really just mushroom bags.

Here is the crap tub I made for my first try. Idk if this will ever work or I should just get the GE Mella. Still need to clean it out after tossing the last batch.
20230609_210138-COLLAGE.jpg
That's so wild @Moe.Red has an L-flow hood... respect

Gonna try something with this brown rice here.

Boiled it and placed it in a sanitized container, once it cools/dries back a little, ill add some spores.

thinking if boiling it sterilizes it, goes directly into a sterile container - it should/hopefully mostly BE STERILE lol.

guess we'll see how bad im failing at this in a week or so, or randomly succeeded.
I would put it in a jar and pressure cook it or on the lowest in the oven

Can I get one seed? Forgive me if the request is off the wall, figured I should ask. That is the biggest shroom I've ever seen!!!!

Just reading this thread. So glad we got a thread for this! We got some knowledge gurus here, more than I realized

Think I'm going to invest in the GE Mella, seems like a great fit for my limited space. I got some APE colonizing now in an all in one bag I just shot up last week, that I plan on transferring in the mella. I was so close a month ago, I saw what looked like fruiting bodies about to shoot up from the mycelium then it got contaminated. Pretty sure cause I over wet the media in my excitement.

Yeah that's how those c02 grow bags work, or are supposed to work. They are really just mushroom bags.

Here is the crap tub I made for my first try. Idk if this will ever work or I should just get the GE Mella. Still need to clean it out after tossing the last batch.
View attachment 6489
That's so wild @Moe.Red has an L-flow hood... respect
I can send some but I can’t ship them into the US. If your in Canada absolutely and they are legal to grow here.

You want about a 3-4” depth for the substrates if doing bulk. Im going to do a video of a small monotub tomorrow. From drilling the holes to field capacity etc

I was gonna hold off to make more grain spawn but figured some of the newer mushroom guys may appreciate it

The following note has been added to your order:
We will double your order to two, one for free to double your odds of microscopy success!
Product​
Quantity​
Price​
B+ Syringe Kit 12cc​
1​
$8.00​
Subtotal:​
$8.00​
Shipping:​
$6.50​
Total:​
$14.50​
Note:​
purchasing again, maybe have fucked up my syringe or received a bad one.​
haha dope.

ordered 1 more cause i probably goofed too much with this one, and this stuff is fun.
getting an extra one too, haha.

The following note has been added to your order:

Product​
Quantity​
Price​
B+ Syringe Kit 12cc​
1​
$8.00​
Subtotal:​
$8.00​
Shipping:​
$6.50​
Total:​
$14.50​
Note:​
purchasing again, maybe have fucked up my syringe or received a bad one.​
haha dope.

ordered 1 more cause i probably goofed too much with this one, and this stuff is fun.
getting an extra one too, haha.
Good species…. I know @Dirtbag really liked his

Back
Top Bottom