All things shrooms

is there a site i can go to that has a mushroom grow bible for dummies?
or a book i could get somewhere, if they still make books that is
The shroomery is a pretty good source… its not hard to learn…. The difficulty comes from trying keep sterile. You can do it on the cheap it just adds a bit lore risk.

Im about $100-200 in costs. That will give me an endless supply. I bought rye berries, the totes and the genetics and the rest i had kicking around

is there a site i can go to that has a mushroom grow bible for dummies?
or a book i could get somewhere, if they still make books that is
I've read some stuff online but to the point here ... most of what I have learned has come from this thread. The hardest part is controlling the environment. (sound familiar?) For my cannabis grows, a lot of what I've invested in are environmental controls. Since I already have that (UIS 69 Pro), the rest is pretty easy. It's just a matter or reading and then doing what you read.

You will want to read up a bit on sterile mycology techniques. I'm using Uncle Ben's rice tek for one run and all in one bags for another. I innoculated rye-berry bags for the pans cyans. Each is similar but yet different techniques.

@ineedmygranny

I mean, I'm attempting it right now the containers and coco and stuff I have from cannabis growing, and jars

Bought some rice, and spores, ISO/disinfectant

I've had mycellium grow but nothing successful all the way to fruiting yet, one round was out of my control thought, and ive attempted a more sterile approach with that I also have to work with.

I've got a new round im feeling pretty good/confident about

I may just get the mycellium fully grown this time, and then gotta mess/learn around the fruiting part.

so sterile is the biggest issue?
i assume that would rule out an outdoor shed then.
Nope because grains are in jars or bags and if doing a monotub you stuff the holes with poly. You do want a higher humidity if you can but many ways to achieve that like @tobh is doing a martha tent. My monotubs are currently just sitting in a room. Hell a shelf in a closet is enough for jars and a tub.

I may build a fruiting chamber in the future but as of now im on the cheap…. I feel as though i should have started with a different genetic to show because this PE like oks ridiculous on the first flush

Nope because grains are in jars or bags and if doing a monotub you stuff the holes with poly. You do want a higher humidity if you can but many ways to achieve that like @tobh is doing a martha tent. My monotubs are currently just sitting in a room. Hell a shelf in a closet is enough for jars and a tub.

I may build a fruiting chamber in the future but as of now im on the cheap…. I feel as though i should have started with a different genetic to show because this PE like oks ridiculous on the first flush
Ridiculous how? Penis shaped?

Yeah, I've read you can even eat the mycelium like cake and it is potent as well. Never tried it, but on certain ones that do this that's what the say.

If I had that I might try to do a water extraction and make liquid to clean out the substrate.

Yeah, I've read you can even eat the mycelium like cake and it is potent as well. Never tried it, but on certain ones that do this that's what the say.

If I had that I might try to do a water extraction and make liquid to clean out the substrate.
Never thought of that. Im curious what the second flush will look like. But man these genetics are sooo slow fruiting

Thank you

I was thinking I could also just maybe put them in the fridge and just "deactive" them till conditions are right

(?)
And just resume when I can.

However the red one is growing.
The floor will be cool and suck the heat from the whatever you place on it… think of it as a giant heatsink

Good information. I am going to bookmark it so I can get back to it easily. I'm in the beginning of attempting pans cyans.
i'll be right behind ya. i'm gonna say fuckit and make up some rye over the weekend and just use the SAB for inoculation. Might pick up some plywood and build the flow hood too as i need to get some new agar plates made up and cultures started.

right now I just lack a table to put the flow hood on, so that's my own reservation with getting it built. suppose a run to costco would alleviate that issue but that's a hassle I'm not ready to deal with again just yet :ROFLMAO:

Dial time.. I need to figure out a couple issues, but right now just getting a baseline on FAE requirements and how well the controller is going to function.

First major issue: I need a large air intake at the top of the tent. I figure I'll grab a cheap car cabin filter that fits the dimensions I need, which are roughly 9"x13". This will be mounted on the left side on top of the tent. The intake air will redirect the fog into a more uniform pattern me thinks.

Second: I need some waterproof computer fans to get some circulation going in there. Sure this will be problematic when I have shrooms blow their load but I think one per shelf will help move the CO2 off the substrate surface and into the outgoing airflow.

Right now I'm testing the time from when the humidifier shuts off to coming back on while the exhaust fan is running constantly on low. If I can get this dialed in, FAE will not be an issue. Temps are a whole other struggle I've not addressed yet but I think running the dehumidifier in the garage will help a lot with that, as the cannabis tent next door will 100% require it.

PXL_20230714_005514008.jpg

Yeah I’ve eaten mycelium..tastes like chicken 😄

@Aqua Man

In your opinion, about how much longer before I should be thinking of harvesting? This is about day 3 since I noticed any pinning.

View attachment 13399
What genetic again?

Pick just as the veil is stretched and almost broken. If you see gills just pick immediately because you dont want spores to drop in the soawn if you can help it.

Im thinking about a week but depends some are faster than others

Back
Top Bottom