All things shrooms

What genetic again?

Pick just as the veil is stretched and almost broken. If you see gills just pick immediately because you dont want spores to drop in the soawn if you can help it.

Im thinking about a week but depends some are faster than others
The strain is "Creepers"

Being the first time, I wasn't sure about timing. I was thinking maybe by next weekend. Hopefully, I can get them before they release their spores. Evenings during the week is all I have available time-wise for harvesting.

I have a food dehydrator on the way and should be arriving by mid week. I'm also thinking of making a mushroom tincture using an ethanol extraction.

The strain is "Creepers"

Being the first time, I wasn't sure about timing. I was thinking maybe by next weekend. Hopefully, I can get them before they release their spores. Evenings during the week is all I have available time-wise for harvesting.

I have a food dehydrator on the way and should be arriving by mid week. I'm also thinking of making a mushroom tincture using an ethanol extraction.
Yeah im thinking within a week or so… the first flush has lots of smaller mushrooms usually and then the number goes down but size goes up.

Its not the end of the world if spores drop and many dont worry about it but it can create a competition in the sub.

Look up willy myco on youtube for his drying rack imo better than a dehydrator. Ill try to find it fast

Simple concept and I have most of that already at home. However, I've already purchased this:

Drying temperature as low as 95F ... which would be where I intend to set the machine. I'm likely to use it for more than just mushrooms.
Yup will work but IME they take much longer than most say. They work well as i ised to use one but very limited to the amount they can do

I've prepped another brown rice jar

This 185g rice to 158g water is perfect
1:0.67

I did 156g water though.

Plan to take some grains from the other jar once it's more colonized and add it to this jar.

Attachments

• 16894759823525645318575027674607.jpg
    16894759823525645318575027674607.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Too impatient

Everything looks good so far

The little red tote is the only one that has/had a few grains growing mold, I think it was too much water content.

The bags and jars look good.
You need to get this right. How else will I know what to avoid. 😝

At least two are nearing the finish line. 👍 Not too bad considering the bad luck and power issues.

You need to get this right. How else will I know what to avoid. 😝

At least two are nearing the finish line. 👍 Not too bad considering the bad luck and power issues.
Haha

I was too impatient to wait for it to colonize to reduce chance of contamination.

But I used a sab and ISO'd everything
So hopefully it's alright

Here's a tip I've heard

Use 70iso not 91, 91 will evaporate before it disinfects.

As long as that main albino jar makes I'll be happy.

Once colonized I'll mix some up with coco or vermiculite and then do a casing layer with either

As I am actually out of coco now.

Haha

I was too impatient to wait for it to colonize to reduce chance of contamination.

Here's a tip I've heard

Once colonized I'll mix some up with coco or vermiculite and then do a casing layer with either

I’ve seen your work. Other than bad luck patients is your only issue I’ve noticed. Glass house here so not throwing stones.

Sit on your hands a bit and watch for the fruits of your efforts. Then post the pics so I can see what the fruits look like before the membrane breaks. 🤣

You got this bud. I have no doubts at all.

Haha

Here's a tip I've heard

You want to add lime to a casing. Most cubes don’t need a casing. Im going to use it with PE just because it apparently helps with blobbing but will see.

If using a sub with any kind of manure you will want a casing

Last edited:
alright, it's happening. the lady has ventured off to adventure with a friend with a pickup. hopefully she buys good, straight wood.

would y'all be interested in a min writeup for the build out of the flowhood? can dig up links for the filter and blower, but otherwise, it's a simple box. not sure if the build being documented would be of much value to anyone here.

alright, it's happening. the lady has ventured off to adventure with a friend with a pickup. hopefully she buys good, straight wood.

would y'all be interested in a min writeup for the build out of the flowhood? can dig up links for the filter and blower, but otherwise, it's a simple box. not sure if the build being documented would be of much value to anyone here.
Absolutely bro

I’ve seen your work. Other than bad luck patients is your only issue I’ve noticed. Glass house here so not throwing stones.

Sit on your hands a bit and watch for the fruits of your efforts. Then post the pics so I can see what the fruits look like before the membrane breaks. 🤣

You got this bud. I have no doubts at all.
Thanks man appreciate it.

Definitely impatient, I'm doing better with these jars though lol, not opened them at all besides the grain to grain transfer under a sab.

Keeping them shut up in the closet

I love seeing their progress every few hours or when I wake up.

The bags are looking good too.

Just used electrical tape, its keeping a positive pressure in bag which I think also may help keep contams out.

There is a lot to read in here...
I need to get up to speed.
How colonized should it be before putting in a tub? I have this bag going here, should it be closer to all white before I go to the next step?
PXL_20230717_113442589.jpg
My experience is nada. I tried once before and grew mold right as pins were forming. I had the tub rh too high and going to be much better about watering this time around. But I really need to learn more about it all.

There is a lot to read in here...
I need to get up to speed.
How colonized should it be before putting in a tub? I have this bag going here, should it be closer to all white before I go to the next step?
View attachment 13736
My experience is nada. I tried once before and grew mold right as pins were forming. I had the tub rh too high and going to be much better about watering this time around. But I really need to learn more about it all.
yeah, you want that bag to be solid white with mycelium. clean, fully colonized spawn is critical to avoiding issues when you move to spawning to substrate.

yeah, you want that bag to be solid white with mycelium. clean, fully colonized spawn is critical to avoiding issues when you move to spawning to substrate.
Ok, thanks! The last one I tried was about 70% I think. I wasn't sure and appreciate it.
Prolly got another few weeks to go.

Ok, thanks! The last one I tried was about 70% I think. I wasn't sure and appreciate it.
Prolly got another few weeks to go.
before harvest, yeah. You should see colonization really ramp up with how much is colonized now. Once mycelium builds its initial network, it really takes off in ideal conditions.

Well, it looks like I had some gill membranes rupture and spores got released. I'm not going to worry about it since its already happened and seems like more of a cosmetic issue than anything. It happened sometime since this morning and when I got home from work. I've picked most of the mushrooms already lol.

Creeper Harvest 1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom