All things shrooms

That's what I thought originally ... but guess what, you CAN get magic mushrooms state-side in liquid culture. I ordered my KSSS as a liquid culture - https://myyco.com/product/ks-10-cc/ . I'll be moving that over to a monotub probably tomorrow after work. I also bought pans cyan liquid culture - https://myyco.com/product/pan-10-cc/

So far, good. I was beginning to get impatient but today my waiting was rewarded with this:

View attachment 13034

View attachment 13035

Here's the KSSS:

View attachment 13036View attachment 13037

It's beginning to show mycelium.

I also have the pans cyan going now too ...

View attachment 13038

That wraps it up for today ... lol
hell yea MiG

im behind but looking better now, its 82f in my APT hope the spores are ok.

otherwise lookin better than whateverthefuck i was doing before

That's what I thought originally ... but guess what, you CAN get magic mushrooms state-side in liquid culture. I ordered my KSSS as a liquid culture - https://myyco.com/product/ks-10-cc/ . I'll be moving that over to a monotub probably tomorrow after work. I also bought pans cyan liquid culture - https://myyco.com/product/pan-10-cc/

So far, good. I was beginning to get impatient but today my waiting was rewarded with this:

View attachment 13034

View attachment 13035

Here's the KSSS:

View attachment 13036View attachment 13037

It's beginning to show mycelium.

I also have the pans cyan going now too ...

View attachment 13038

That wraps it up for today ... lol
Man you honestly rocking that sub… you can see its nice and even and the moisture level has been maintained very well… your going to have a nice even pinset.

hell yea MiG

im behind but looking better now, its 82f in my APT hope the spores are ok.

otherwise lookin better than whateverthefuck i was doing before

Mine is set up in my basement. Temperature is consistently about 75F this time of the year. I'm hoping I can get through all the mushroom experiments before fall. I'll be needing my tents back once I start my fall/winter indoor runs. Hopefully by then I have a jar or more

BTW for whatever reason unknown to us, my wife swears that the mushrooms help relieve her fibromyalgia pain.

Mine is set up in my basement. Temperature is consistently about 75F this time of the year. I'm hoping I can get through all the mushroom experiments before fall. I'll be needing my tents back once I start my fall/winter indoor runs. Hopefully by then I have a jar or more

BTW for whatever reason unknown to us, my wife swears that the mushrooms help relieve her fibromyalgia pain.
They help my eyesight… how weird is that. Im sure many things are yet to be learned for treatment of various conditions

They help my eyesight… how weird is that. Im sure many things are yet to be learned for treatment of various conditions
Probably the way it reorganizes the brain structure and connects/creates new path ways

So the neurons that are in association with you're eyes have a new path .

(?)

y'all making me want to go buy some wood and get the flowhood finished so i can get back to work. have a handful of pan cyans i wanna get going. really curious if they're so much better like people claim in terms of the stomach issues that psilocybes tend to cause.

y'all making me want to go buy some wood and get the flowhood finished so i can get back to work. have a handful of pan cyans i wanna get going. really curious if they're so much better like people claim in terms of the stomach issues that psilocybes tend to cause.
Same here friend ... The more cubes I eat, the worse the tummy is. Fortunately, its been manageable so far and I haven't tossed my cookies yet. Regardless, I'd rather do without the nausea if I can.

I think its more the fact you have to ingest a lot less. I can see PE being rough on the stomach

Same here friend ... The more cubes I eat, the worse the tummy is. Fortunately, its been manageable so far and I haven't tossed my cookies yet. Regardless, I'd rather do without the nausea if I can.
Are you doing the coco/verm sub i forgot.

Also try that lemon tek many say it helps

Are you doing the coco/verm sub i forgot.

Also try that lemon tek many say it helps

I bought the substrate that is currently in use. I did that before saw the recipe you posted.

I made a coco/vermiculite 50/50 ratio to use as a casing for the pans cyans once I get to that stage. I added 1 twist to it though. 2 tablespoons of Mrs Wage's Pickling Lime per batch - It's supposed to raise the pH enough to make it harder to contaminate. Since the casing is similar to the substrate recipe, I will probably make my own in the future.

We have a 9qt insta-pot that I can use for sterilization. It can also pressure can up to 6 qt jars.

I bought a magic mushroom cookbook. There are many things (including blue juice) that I want to try. Lemon Tek was good. It came on faster for sure. Dosing was about 2.5 grams for me and 1.5 grams for my wife.

I bought the substrate that is currently in use. I did that before saw the recipe you posted.

I made a coco/vermiculite 50/50 ratio to use as a casing for the pans cyans once I get to that stage. I added 1 twist to it though. 2 tablespoons of Mrs Wage's Pickling Lime per batch - It's supposed to raise the pH enough to make it harder to contaminate. Since the casing is similar to the substrate recipe, I will probably make my own in the future.

We have a 9qt insta-pot that I can use for sterilization. It can also pressure can up to 6 qt jars.

I bought a magic mushroom cookbook. There are many things (including blue juice) that I want to try. Lemon Tek was good. It came on faster for sure. Dosing was about 2.5 grams for me and 1.5 grams for my wife.
Yeah you need the lime and some also add gypsum…. Bacteria don’t like a high PH

Yeah you need the lime and some also add gypsum…. Bacteria don’t like a high PH
I have gypsum. It's pellets though. I would prefer it to be a powder for that use. I can grind some up in my mortar and pestle I suppose.

About how much?

somewhere deep on a shroomery binge one night i came across discussions about different alkaloids being responsible for the nausea. psilocin and psilocybin themselves aren't the culprit, so it has to be something else that's in the fruit bodies. without knowing what that something else is, though, it's rather difficult to isolate away from it in any kind of extraction.

similar to poppies and mescaline-containing cacti, except in those cases the alkaloids one aims to extract are much easier to isolate without picking up unwanted alkaloids vs mushrooms where we're dealing with very small amounts of the active compounds we desire and an unknown quantity of compounds we don't.

the nausea thing is not unique to psilocybes, though. technically any edible mushroom should be cooked before ingestion. shitakes, portabellos, oysters, lions mane, etc all contain compounds that can cause stomach issues to varying degrees, and those compounds are all volatile at the levels of heat we typically cook at. wouldn't surprise me if psilocybes are the same.

to add to this theory, wood loving actives are known to cause wood lover's paralysis, and some unofficial crowdsource research has indicated taking benadryl (diphenhydramine) can counteract or entirely reverse the paralysis. going on that path indicates that it's likely a histamine that is causing the nausea, and in wood lover's case, paralysis, and a simple antihistamine is all that's needed to alleviate those symptoms.

somewhere deep on a shroomery binge one night i came across discussions about different alkaloids being responsible for the nausea. psilocin and psilocybin themselves aren't the culprit, so it has to be something else that's in the fruit bodies. without knowing what that something else is, though, it's rather difficult to isolate away from it in any kind of extraction.

similar to poppies and mescaline-containing cacti, except in those cases the alkaloids one aims to extract are much easier to isolate without picking up unwanted alkaloids vs mushrooms where we're dealing with very small amounts of the active compounds we desire and an unknown quantity of compounds we don't.

the nausea thing is not unique to psilocybes, though. technically any edible mushroom should be cooked before ingestion. shitakes, portabellos, oysters, lions mane, etc all contain compounds that can cause stomach issues to varying degrees, and those compounds are all volatile at the levels of heat we typically cook at. wouldn't surprise me if psilocybes are the same.

to add to this theory, wood loving actives are known to cause wood lover's paralysis, and some unofficial crowdsource research has indicated taking benadryl (diphenhydramine) can counteract or entirely reverse the paralysis. going on that path indicates that it's likely a histamine that is causing the nausea, and in wood lover's case, paralysis, and a simple antihistamine is all that's needed to alleviate those symptoms.
I believe its the chitin that’s responsible for moat of it.

I have gypsum. It's pellets though. I would prefer it to be a powder for that use. I can grind some up in my mortar and pestle I suppose.

About how much?
Depends on the volume but i used to even add to my grain soak but not anymore. I used about 1/2 tsp per qt.

Add ginger to help settle stomach

We always have benadryl on hand so an antihistamine is always available.

I was more under the impression that it had to do with the mushroom fiber and not so much any alkaloids. It would be interesting to see if that would work. It's possible though. One side-effect I get is a runny nose. Benadryl would help with that for sure.

how does one start growing shrooms?
what kind of setup would someone need?
cost?
If you're already growing cannabis indoors in a tent, you likely have a good part of what you need. I bought some sterlight plastic storage tubs and a "Still Air Box." Equipment cost is likely around $100 for me since I'm using by flower tent for the shrooms right now. I have less than $100 in spores/liquid culture.

All together between $200-$300 for me so far. I haven't broken the bank.

its cheap depending on how you want to do it and how far you want to take it. I mean im just using small monotubes with coco/verm. Doing my grain in jars.

You can do It for whatever it cost you to get spores or so, and if you have the things in your house already.

Every little better way you do a a step/sterilization increase you're % of success

You can do this shit for 0 dollars or $1000s

is there a site i can go to that has a mushroom grow bible for dummies?
or a book i could get somewhere, if they still make books that is

Back
Top Bottom