All things shrooms

They look to be doing just fine… why do you say you can’t
Was thinking the temps getting to 87f are just going to ruin it or let contams take over

But if I get passed the mycelium stage then how could I fruit in 85f?

ac keeps freezing over and they won't come fix it, or in a timely manner.

And there's so much other shit going rn, we gotta find another place by 31st aug or fight hese assholes in court, or both.

I may have poured some hot water on frozen parts of the condenser unit at 2am this morning

Then they'll have to fix it if something cracked

They just let us sit there in nearly 90f apartment.....

At parents, AC is off, fan is on

Was 87f when we left it'll probably be 90 by time back.

Can't get a hold of apartment management.

Hopefully by 9 when we go back it'll be thawed.

I mean fuck, surely.

Ok second flush is putting out mushrooms and no blobs. Pulled a few that are ready but some have a few more days to a week left then im gonna hydrate and flip the cake for more flushes. i have not tried this before but with no casing there is almost 100% overlay so im gonna give it a go.

Looks like i may get as many as 5+ flushes here. I tried something else new and i think i can probably get flushes until the cake is almost gone but i will share that after I confirm it works or not.

I can see these are gonna be potent though. The bluing comes on fast after picking. You can see how much difference in about 5 min. This is about 1/3 of the second flush in this little box. They were hitting the lid in that little box. Definitely gonna do better in a bigger tub

View attachment 14680View attachment 14681
Damn man

Send me some for my failures lol

I can grow the mycelium but getting past that stage isn't looking so good

Worried about those batches sitting in 90f (?)

Everything I read is 75-80 for mycellium germination

And 70-75 for fruiting.

Damn man

Send me some for my failures lol

I can grow the mycelium but getting past that stage isn't looking so good

Worried about those batches sitting in 90f (?)

Everything I read is 75-80 for mycellium germination

And 70-75 for fruiting.
Sure thats ideal but it doesn’t mean you can’t. As long as the mycelium are healthy its worth trying imo…. Your already this far.

I would send some but rather not have an international drug charge on my record lol

Sure thats ideal but it doesn’t mean you can’t. As long as the mycelium are healthy its worth trying imo…. Your already this far.

I would send some but rather not have an international drug charge on my record lol
Yea haha

I gotcha
I'll definitely keep them around and try but yeah.

If this batch fails may just wait till I'm moved somewhere else and better setup and have the time environment and space

And stop wasting mLs of spores.

Ok second flush is putting out mushrooms and no blobs. Pulled a few that are ready but some have a few more days to a week left then im gonna hydrate and flip the cake for more flushes. i have not tried this before but with no casing there is almost 100% overlay so im gonna give it a go.

Looks like i may get as many as 5+ flushes here. I tried something else new and i think i can probably get flushes until the cake is almost gone but i will share that after I confirm it works or not.

I can see these are gonna be potent though. The bluing comes on fast after picking. You can see how much difference in about 5 min. This is about 1/3 of the second flush in this little box. They were hitting the lid in that little box. Definitely gonna do better in a bigger tub

View attachment 14680View attachment 14681
whatd you do differently?

looking like penis envies and not chode envies lol

nice man, bet those are potent

ive only ever had GT, obi wan kenobis and such.

whatd you do differently?

looking like penis envies and not chode envies lol

nice man, bet those are potent

ive only ever had GT, obi wan kenobis and such.
Nothing… blobbing on the first flush is apparently very normal… once the second flush starts they all come normal it appears… hoping a casing layer on the next tub helps eliminate that. If not im not overly worried about it. These look like they are going to be big producers once i get this all dialled in.

Im going to start adding gypsum to my substrate also… not just the spawn. Things coming in the next tub is…. Spent Coffee grinds 1%, L-tryptophan 1 gram and gypsum 5%

Im going to start adding gypsum to my substrate also… not just the spawn. Things coming in the next tub is…. Spent Coffee grinds 1%, L-tryptophan 1 gram and gypsum 5%
interesting

Used coffee grounds are rich in sugars, which comprise about half of their weight. A further 20% is made up of proteins, and a further 20% is lignins. The dry coffee grounds contain significant amounts of potassium (11.7 g/kg), nitrogen (2.8 g/kg), magnesium (1.9 g/kg), and phosphorus (1.8 g/kg)

is this why?

interesting

Used coffee grounds are rich in sugars, which comprise about half of their weight. A further 20% is made up of proteins, and a further 20% is lignins. The dry coffee grounds contain significant amounts of potassium (11.7 g/kg), nitrogen (2.8 g/kg), magnesium (1.9 g/kg), and phosphorus (1.8 g/kg)

is this why?
You got it

pretty cool if the Tryptophan actually helps it produce.
So in my past when i used it i had ppl reporting back that they felt they were stronger… Now that was blind they did not know i changed anything. Tryptophan has been shown in many studies to be the precursor to psilocybin

I cannot say with any certainty that adding it will in-fact increase or help maximize the genetic potential of psilocybin production but its dirt fucking cheap so why the fuck not.

Here is one study that kinda pointed me in this direction a few years ago.

Again im not making any claims yet… just doing what i do…. Trying to figure things out and push limits

So in my past when i used it i had ppl reporting back that they felt they were stronger… Now that was blind they did not know i changed anything. Tryptophan has been shown in many studies to be the precursor to psilocybin

I cannot say with any certainty that adding it will in-fact increase or help maximize the genetic potential of psilocybin production but its dirt fucking cheap so why the fuck not.

Here is one study that kinda pointed me in this direction a few years ago.

Again im not making any claims yet… just doing what i do…. Trying to figure things out and push limits

hell yea brother makes perfect sense

keep on

when im more able, ill be down to try it, "Test" it

ill do batches w/ w/o the tryptophan down the line and "Test" dosages before/after

hell even sounds like it

trip-to

lol

what was UR source for the trypto, im seeing it on google ofc, just curious.

hell yea brother makes perfect sense

keep on

when im more able, ill be down to try it, "Test" it

ill do batches w/ w/o the tryptophan down the line and "Test" dosages before/after

hell even sounds like it

trip-to

lol

what was UR source for the trypto, im seeing it on google ofc, just curious.
1000mg L-tryptophan tablets…. Cheap online anywhere

Alright, table built. I need to secure that sheet metal to the plywood base without screws or nails. Will wood glue work? I have Titebond II Premium. I also have some heavy duty 3M spray adhesive.

Whatchu folks think? Which will provide a better bond?
PXL_20230724_005421669.jpg

Disregard the polyurethane and brush. Sealing up the back edge that won't have metal on it.

Nice.

I'll check have to look into making a little simple one down the road

Got wayyy too much shit going on rn.
Me too. I have quite a bit on my plate myself so I am not likely to tackle that project at this time. However, I did like the simple build.

If I were to build a hood like @tobh built, I would be making a commitment to running a lot of mushrooms going forward. At this point I'm not sure how far I'll be taking the mushroom experiments. I'm more likely to cycle them through here and there once or twice a year.

I was going to go this route myself: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GT42E64/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A8MA32QEVO3GI&psc=1

I plan on adding it to the substrate for the pans cyans once I got that far.

P.S. I came across this earlier ... https://www.patreon.com/posts/build-it-laminar-78502280
Great link… very similar the the positive pressure box i did.

@MiGrampa did already hear about the L-Tryptophan elsewhere? Curious if there is more info from growers

Alright, table built. I need to secure that sheet metal to the plywood base without screws or nails. Will wood glue work? I have Titebond II Premium. I also have some heavy duty 3M spray adhesive.

Whatchu folks think? Which will provide a better bond?
View attachment 14772

Disregard the polyurethane and brush. Sealing up the back edge that won't have metal on it.
They spray should be fine and probably the easiest bro…. Looking dam fine

Great link… very similar the the positive pressure box i did.

@MiGrampa did already hear about the L-Tryptophan elsewhere? Curious if there is more info from growers
I originally heard about the relationship right here in one of @Observer's posts in this thread. As for others using tryptophan in the substrate? It's been done. I've seen references to it on some of the mushroom boards. As for lab tests showing any spikes? I'm not sure. I haven't seen any. It's very difficult in most places to legally test psilocybin levels in mushrooms.

I originally heard about the relationship right here in one of @Observer's posts in this thread. As for others using tryptophan in the substrate? It's been done. I've seen references to it on some of the mushroom boards. As for lab tests showing any spikes? I'm not sure. I haven't seen any. It's very difficult in most places to legally test psilocybin levels in mushrooms.
How’s the second flush coming? Dis you have a chance to partake from the first? And if so how was it?

If I were to build a hood like @tobh built, I would be making a commitment to running a lot of mushrooms going forward.
Nailed the reason I built this hood right on the head. Having equipment of this size will open up several verticals of independent revenue.

However, the commitment is real now -- once I'm done with the build phase, I gotta hit the ground running and start recouping costs.

Might end up boring y'all with non-actives, but I have some business plans in place that will make a lot more sense once I show y'all where I'm headed with all this effort.

How’s the second flush coming? Dis you have a chance to partake from the first? And if so how was it?
We haven't tested the first batch yet. Plans were changed this weekend. Next weekend is more likely.

Second flush has some mushrooms but its not going quite like I thought. I might have made a mistake in the process of re-hydrating the substrate.

Out of curiosity, what would happen if I used the north side of the garage where its dark to dispose of my spent substrate ... could I possibly see mushrooms outside next year?

Nailed the reason I built this hood right on the head. Having equipment of this size will open up several verticals of independent revenue.

However, the commitment is real now -- once I'm done with the build phase, I gotta hit the ground running and start recouping costs.

Might end up boring y'all with non-actives, but I have some business plans in place that will make a lot more sense once I show y'all where I'm headed with all this effort.
I will also be doing some gourmet once i can build a flow-hood…. Some of them fetch a pretty good penny

We haven't tested the first batch yet. Plans were changed this weekend. Next weekend is more likely.

Second flush has some mushrooms but its not going quite like I thought. I might have made a mistake in the process of re-hydrating the substrate.

Out of curiosity, what would happen if I used the north side of the garage where its dark to dispose of my spent substrate ... could I possibly see mushrooms outside next year?
Possibly. I've known quite a few growers that seeded outdoor beds with spent casings. So long you feed em, they will come.

Lol yup…. I dumped mine in the garden and well… i was picking them from there often next year.

I will also be doing some gourmet once i can build a flow-hood…. Some of them fetch a pretty good penny
High level, I plan on doing extracts and tinctures, primarily. Fresh fruit sales just require too much effort but I'd be ok doing custom orders. Secondarily, I plan on getting into spawn production.

Eliminate the need for fruiting conditions and all that crap, just supply larger farms with spawn. The profit margins almost triple by eliminating the secondary stage of spawning to fruit.

Lastly, I will be getting into tissue culturing. I hope to be of value to commercial cannabis producers throughout the state for long term genetic storage and distribution. That's where I think I'll see the highest returns on time investment.

End goal is to replace my net salary post expenses and taxes with mycology, tissue culturing, and permaculture CSA gardening.

Back
Top Bottom