All things shrooms

just a hypothetical here 😉😉

Say your tote is ready to fruit, BUT you’re gonna be out of town for a 36hrs and no one would be available to open the containers and fan 3 times a day….should a person in that situation wait till they’re back to begin the fruiting process?
If so is there any danger in letting the mycelium continue to grow/feed that extra week without fruiting?
I would assume you would get less flushes cause the mycelium fed for longer (consuming available nutrients) without fruiting…
I believe you can get sufficient FAE with an air pump or a PC fan on a timer. But not sure if that is good advice at I'm very new to this

I believe you can get sufficient FAE with an air pump or a PC fan on a timer. But not sure if that is good advice at I'm very new to this
Me too ... I've got a couple of successful runs but I'm still very much in learning mode.

just a hypothetical here 😉😉

Say your tote is ready to fruit, BUT you’re gonna be out of town for a 36hrs and no one would be available to open the containers and fan 3 times a day….should a person in that situation wait till they’re back to begin the fruiting process?
If so is there any danger in letting the mycelium continue to grow/feed that extra week without fruiting?
I would assume you would get less flushes cause the mycelium fed for longer (consuming available nutrients) without fruiting…
My assumption is you have plenty of nutrients available for 36-48 hrs. However, there's several ways to get around not being home. Mine are in a small tent on a shelf. I have a humidifier running on a controller, and a fan running 24/7. Once I move to fruiting, I simply remove the lid and allow the airflow.

Innoculated 2/3 nights ago

Already colonizing.

Attachments

• 16945834966663480951606607965840.jpg
    16945834966663480951606607965840.jpg
    992.9 KB · Views: 7
Uncle Ben's hey? I've thought about trying that. Have you had much success with it before?
Honestly I'd probably be the worse to ask as my first few attempts were not very procedurally sterile.

I have had them colonize multiple times no problem.

Due to my own negligence, have I had infections and not been all the way through to harvest with them yet. - and as I am entirely new to the whole deal, I don't take it too seriously at first as I'm learning it all - what you can/can't/should not do/why/what you can get away with.

However, if done properly sterile methods, they are probably the easiest and simplest.

1. Innoculat them however you do, supposed to cover the hole with pore tape, (I've not bought pore tape) cut corners off and put micropore tape over as well for breathing and preventing contam. caution on how much inoculant to use - not all bags have the same moisture content.

2. Once fully colonized - I believe you can/( others have) just rip the top part open/off and they will fruit straight from the bag.

Literal "90second" shrooms.

Set it and forget it - ez bake.

Im going to leave this bag alone untill fully colonized and then rip the top off and fruit from bag, or attempt to.

Keep it sterile and simple, the new KISS, lol.

I think MiGs first bag was a success - inoculated then "bulk" substrate/spawn

You could probably easily buy a bunch, innoculate and put em away, rip tops off in a month or so and you'll have fruiting bodies, not much hassle.

If this works I'll probably try that ^

Last edited:
Never tried it without mixing with a bulk substrate. Always had good luck with simple shoeboxes of coco and vermiculite to mix the spawn into.
A couple pics of my last KSSS shoebox crop. They were one of my favorites for sure.

20210531_194316.jpg20210531_212924.jpg

Uncle Ben's hey? I've thought about trying that. Have you had much success with it before?
My first run (Creepers) was the Uncle Ben's tek. It worked just fine for spawning. Once the spawning was complete, I used a bulk substrate made from coco and vermiculite. It was my first run. It's a good place to start I suppose but since then I have moved on to making my own spawning media using rye berry grain, gypsum, and a few other ingredients and sterilizing it in my insta-pot.

I've got 4 jars of P. Natalensis that I'll be mixing with substrate probably this weekend.

My first run (Creepers) was the Uncle Ben's tek. It worked just fine for spawning. Once the spawning was complete, I used a bulk substrate made from coco and vermiculite. It was my first run. It's a good place to start I suppose but since then I have moved on to making my own spawning media using rye berry grain, gypsum, and a few other ingredients and sterilizing it in my insta-pot.

I've got 4 jars of P. Natalensis that I'll be mixing with substrate probably this weekend.

How much grain can you fit in the instant pot? I've got one but I don't think I could fit more than 4 pint jars in it. Usually used my bigger PC that holds like 7 quart jars, but I ended up with so many mushrooms it was overkill. Thinking the Instant pot might be the ticket for a small grow. A shoebox or two will produce more shrooms than I'll use in several years. Don't even really eat them anymore honestly, im all psyched out from eating copious amounts of shrooms and LSD since i was a teenager. But it's a fun hobby, I'd like to run another batch at some point even just for fun.

How much grain can you fit in the instant pot? I've got one but I don't think I could fit more than 4 pint jars in it. Usually used my bigger PC that holds like 7 quart jars, but I ended up with so many mushrooms it was overkill. Thinking the Instant pot might be the ticket for a small grow. A shoebox or two will produce more shrooms than I'll use in several years. Don't even really eat them anymore honestly, im all psyched out from eating copious amounts of shrooms and LSD since i was a teenager. But it's a fun hobby, I'd like to run another batch at some point even just for fun.

I use an extra large insta-pot. I can fit up to 7 quart jars. Last batch was 4 qts.

We aren't actually eating the mushroom tissue anymore. We're grinding them up and using a coffee maker and filter to make a water based tea. It works pretty well without worries of nausea. It's been fun but doesn't compare to the LSD trips from when I was younger.

It's all been fun so far ...

I use an extra large insta-pot. I can fit up to 7 quart jars. Last batch was 4 qts.

We aren't actually eating the mushroom tissue anymore. We're grinding them up and using a coffee maker and filter to make a water based tea. It works pretty well without worries of nausea. It's been fun but doesn't compare to the LSD trips from when I was younger.

It's all been fun so far ...
Nothing compares to the LSD trips I had when I was young either. Not even close. Those were some of my favourite experiences.

Nothing compares to the LSD trips I had when I was young either. Not even close. Those were some of my favourite experiences.
That's why I preferred LSD but it seems to hurt my head/mind - cause headaches

So I wanted to give shrooms more of a chance and see the difference of something more "natural", were as LSD is synthesized from ergot alkaloids.

Plus with psilocybin + citric acid = psilocin = shorter but intense trips.

Can't be tripping balls for 24hours when have a kid around.

Just up the dosage alot more compared to LSD doses.

I had 150+ of those pyramid gel tabs at one point

Psychonauts unite, lol.

So I wanted to give shrooms more of a chance and see the difference of something more "natural", were as LSD is synthesized from ergot alkaloids.

Psychonauts unite, lol.
LSD always seemed like more of a controllable trip whereas shrooms had a more controllable doseage.

Either way, I'm with ya on tripping with your kid in the picture. Wife and I had a couple grams a few weeks back and as soon as my mind drifted to my daughter, it was no longer fun. Had to get back home and relieve grandma because I just felt like a shitty dad ditching the baby for drugs...

I know that wasn't the case. We just had a "date night," but I couldn't shake that feeling.

Last edited:
Reminds me of a story. When I was playing music in L.A. a band called White Zombie had come into town to showcase for some record labels. They booked a show opening for a band called Alice in Chains. I got to meet the guys in AIC when I was doing shows in Seattle. I went to the show and was told by the promoter that AIC couldn't do the show. I called the guitarist Jerry to find out what happened.

Apparently, one of their friends from Seattle ODed so Layne, the singer, and Sean, the drummer, decided to buy a sheet of acid and split it between themselves to deal with the grief. They were in L.A. and each one ate their half of the sheet. Layne was tripping so hard he couldn't sing. Sean went blind for 2 weeks.

Psychonauts unite, lol.
Interesting you bring up physical impacts. a friend gave me like ten tabs of blotter that she didn't want anymore because she said everyone that took it ended up with severe stomach pains the next day. the last time my lady and i tripped, i gave her a half tab on top of 1.75g in grapefruit juice (DO NOT INGEST GRAPEFRUIT JUICE IF YOU'RE ON A VEERRRRYYYY BROAD RANGE OF PRESCRIPTIONS). She too experienced the stomach pains the next day.

plus, the hardest thing about LSD today is there are so many RCs that without significant investment in testing equipment, you can only be about 90% of everything the stuff you just bought isn't, but still not be 100% sure it's what you intended to buy. Reagent testing is a crapshoot, unfortunately, and an expensive one at that.
LSD always seemed like more of a controllable trip whereas shrooms had a more controllable doseage.

Either way, I'm with ya on tripping with your kid in the picture. Wife and I had a couple grams a few weeks back and as soon as my mind drifted to my daughter, it was no longer fun. Had to get back home and relieve grandma because I just felt like a shitty dad ditching the baby for drugs...

I know that wasn't the case. We just had a "date night," but I couldn't shake that feeling.
Same. That's why the lady and I stopped using date nights to roll. While MDMA was helpful in a lot of ways during that period of time, it still made for some irresponsible feelings and a bit of self hatred. Mind you we were never the type to drop a point or two and go partying, our rolls were more therapeutic in that we lay out a shit ton of blankets and air mattresses, turn on some crazy visual shit on the tv, and some deep house or deep techno and just process all the stresses and pains of parenthood as a couple. Still didn't change the fact that even in something that was, in essence, an act of self care that we did responsibly by having the kids stay with the grandparents for the night (which they all love to do anyways) and we did a thorough cleaning of the house before retrieving the kids in the morning, it still felt like we weren't doing right by the kids. So, we've knocked that off.
Reminds me of a story. When I was playing music in L.A. a band called White Zombie had come into town to showcase for some record labels. They booked a show opening for a band called Alice in Chains. I got to meet the guys in AIC when I was doing shows in Seattle. I went to the show and was told by the promoter that AIC couldn't do the show. I called the guitarist Jerry to find out what happened.

Apparently, one of their friends from Seattle ODed so Layne, the singer, and Sean, the drummer, decided to buy a sheet of acid and split it between themselves to deal with the grief. They were in L.A. and each one ate their half of the sheet. Layne was tripping so hard he couldn't sing. Sean went blind for 2 weeks.
I'm surprised neither of them ended up falling into a catatonic state or having a psychotic break. Neither of which is common, but neither is someone taking 75mg of LSD lol

Interesting you bring up physical impacts. a friend gave me like ten tabs of blotter that she didn't want anymore because she said everyone that took it ended up with severe stomach pains the next day. the last time my lady and i tripped, i gave her a half tab on top of 1.75g in grapefruit juice (DO NOT INGEST GRAPEFRUIT JUICE IF YOU'RE ON A VEERRRRYYYY BROAD RANGE OF PRESCRIPTIONS). She too experienced the stomach pains the next day.

plus, the hardest thing about LSD today is there are so many RCs that without significant investment in testing equipment, you can only be about 90% of everything the stuff you just bought isn't, but still not be 100% sure it's what you intended to buy. Reagent testing is a crapshoot, unfortunately, and an expensive one at that.

Same. That's why the lady and I stopped using date nights to roll. While MDMA was helpful in a lot of ways during that period of time, it still made for some irresponsible feelings and a bit of self hatred. Mind you we were never the type to drop a point or two and go partying, our rolls were more therapeutic in that we lay out a shit ton of blankets and air mattresses, turn on some crazy visual shit on the tv, and some deep house or deep techno and just process all the stresses and pains of parenthood as a couple. Still didn't change the fact that even in something that was, in essence, an act of self care that we did responsibly by having the kids stay with the grandparents for the night (which they all love to do anyways) and we did a thorough cleaning of the house before retrieving the kids in the morning, it still felt like we weren't doing right by the kids. So, we've knocked that off.

I'm surprised neither of them ended up falling into a catatonic state or having a psychotic break. Neither of which is common, but neither is someone taking 75mg of LSD lol
LSD would upset my stomach even back in the 80's so there may just be something about the drug that causes stomach pains. It was real sharp stabbing pain at times. We were always told it was a sign it had been cut with something ... like strychnine ...

LSD would upset my stomach even back in the 80's so there may just be something about the drug that causes stomach pains. It was real sharp stabbing pain at times. We were always told it was a sign it had been cut with something ... like strychnine ...
LOL I remember taking acid and maylox cocktails in the 80s. The 70s acid didn't do that.

yeah, i've heard horror stories about strychnine. and the paraquat issues associated with imported Mexican weed in the late 70s and early 80s. the old timer that taught me how to play guitar used to tell me about all that shit. the feds were outright trying to kill y'all man lol

There is serotonin receptors in our stomachs.

So I think some of the discomfort is from that , so I take ginger.

But yeah that was part of my problem with them too tobh, no idea if it's an RC or the real deal.

I've done 1p-LSD (rc) would try that again.

That's in the back of my mind too.

Looks like some healthy mycellium is developing.

Attachments

• 16948320794631592925835594340598.jpg
    16948320794631592925835594340598.jpg
    770.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 16948320908542369638347920318076.jpg
    16948320908542369638347920318076.jpg
    963.3 KB · Views: 3

Man 75mg of acid??

I consumed 1mg once, I loved it but holy shit was that an intense trip, house was breathing with me, the demons were outside wanting to get at us, lol.

Man 75mg of acid??

I consumed 1mg once, I loved it but holy shit was that an intense trip, house was breathing with me, the demons were outside wanting to get at us, lol.
At least you knew you were breathing, bro. My best/worst trips always had me thinking I had died because I couldn't tell whether or not I was breathing. It always started with an itch followed by "I can't move my foot. I can't move my leg. I'M NOT FUCKIN BREATHING"

Those death trips really set your mind straight, albeit, the next day.

At least you knew you were breathing, bro. My best/worst trips always had me thinking I had died because I couldn't tell whether or not I was breathing. It always started with an itch followed by "I can't move my foot. I can't move my leg. I'M NOT FUCKIN BREATHING"

I've had some baaaad trips but it's a head game.

Fuckin a right. That's a primary reason I won't touch DMT anymore. Shit is way too intense and I hate that plummeting feeling. I don't even really like mushroom trips anymore, too many bad experience on Psilocybe Cubensis.

Fuckin a right. That's a primary reason I won't touch DMT anymore. Shit is way too intense and I hate that plummeting feeling. I don't even really like mushroom trips anymore, too many bad experience on Psilocybe Cubensis.
Always wanted to try DMT, had the chance once but i was getting ready for a 7 hr road trip and didnt think that was the prime time to try something new lol.

Always wanted to try DMT, had the chance once but i was getting ready for a 7 hr road trip and didnt think that was the prime time to try something new lol.
Probably a good call. The afterglow can be pretty intense. I certainly wouldn't be caught driving after doing it, at least not until the next day.

Probably a good call. The afterglow can be pretty intense. I certainly wouldn't be caught driving after doing it, at least not until the next day.
Yep! ive never driven on anything but weed and thatll just be what it is forever.
My good time is never worth someone elses life so i stay put once ive taken something.
Plus i couldnt imagine trying to drive on that shit.
My sister in law got arrested a while back for driving on LSD... god damn psycho she is.

Back
Top Bottom