All things shrooms

I have a tub of enigma and a tub of tidal wave that is almost ready to fruit. Need to make 3 tubs for the penis envy i have colonizing.
I should have plenty of extras
How long are the tidal wave and enigma been for you fruiting? The PE seem quite a bit longer than other cubes i have grown but the holy grail enigma im looking at getting takes months to fruit. Just looking for some insight into these type of strains

It's been a while since I have given a good update so here it goes.

First off, my wife and I decided to delay our Fall/Winter grow this year. We have an abundance of flower in the house. It's a bit of everything I have grown over the last 2 years. Even the older stuff is still good despite it's age ...

View attachment 26250

So for now, I'm doing my best to look like a home hobby mycologist. I've got some psilocybe natalensis that are just beginning to fruit. I've had some struggles with my equipment which has allowed things to dry out and has slowed the process down. My opinion on AC Infinity products has take a huge hit. I've had a lot better luck using my older WiFi Inkbird controller.

View attachment 26251

One thing I've been doing since the middle of the summer is making a liquid culture of all my genetics when I purchase them. This makes a 10 ml spore or liquid culture syringe into an almost unlimited supply. I store the cultures in the refrigerator when not in use.

View attachment 26252View attachment 26253View attachment 26254

I'm currently waiting on a batch of agar plates and I'll begin keeping a plate for each strain I run. I'm also waiting for the following to arrive:

– Pans Cyan Estero 10ml Research Syringe
– Pearly Gates 10ml Research Syringe
– Hillbilly 10ml Research Syringe
– Ghost 10ml Research Syringe
– Penis Envy 10ml Research Syringe

I'm also making up my own spawn grain bags/jars. I'm also making my own coco based substrate mix.

View attachment 26255

So far, it seems like my extra large insta-pot has been up to the task of steam sterilization. The only drawback is I can only fit 4 quart jars in it at a time.
Wow you are full blown bro

How long are the tidal wave and enigma been for you fruiting? The PE seem quite a bit longer than other cubes i have grown but the holy grail enigma im looking at getting takes months to fruit. Just looking for some insight into these type of strains
Enigma Tub has just about started pinning, tidal wave is about the same. Enigma seems slow at colonizing the tub and fruiting, tidal wave will probably finishes faster by the looki

It's been a while since I have given a good update so here it goes.

First off, my wife and I decided to delay our Fall/Winter grow this year. We have an abundance of flower in the house. It's a bit of everything I have grown over the last 2 years. Even the older stuff is still good despite it's age ...

View attachment 26250

So for now, I'm doing my best to look like a home hobby mycologist. I've got some psilocybe natalensis that are just beginning to fruit. I've had some struggles with my equipment which has allowed things to dry out and has slowed the process down. My opinion on AC Infinity products has take a huge hit. I've had a lot better luck using my older WiFi Inkbird controller.

View attachment 26251

One thing I've been doing since the middle of the summer is making a liquid culture of all my genetics when I purchase them. This makes a 10 ml spore or liquid culture syringe into an almost unlimited supply. I store the cultures in the refrigerator when not in use.

View attachment 26252View attachment 26253View attachment 26254

I'm currently waiting on a batch of agar plates and I'll begin keeping a plate for each strain I run. I'm also waiting for the following to arrive:

– Pans Cyan Estero 10ml Research Syringe
– Pearly Gates 10ml Research Syringe
– Hillbilly 10ml Research Syringe
– Ghost 10ml Research Syringe
– Penis Envy 10ml Research Syringe

I'm also making up my own spawn grain bags/jars. I'm also making my own coco based substrate mix.

View attachment 26255

So far, it seems like my extra large insta-pot has been up to the task of steam sterilization. The only drawback is I can only fit 4 quart jars in it at a time.
🏎️🗯️

the tan plates are MEA and the blue plates are nutrient yeast MEA, same base recipe I listed before but made with a broth made from nutrient yeast instead of straight water.

Almost a must to have manure imho
that's the next step. my goal is to just get one solid fruit to clone given the speed of colonization and ability to get really solid flushes once you have everything dialed in. for fruiting, they like the same conditions as reishi too so it would be reasonable to grow em.

really it's an ego thing, too. i've grown so many cubes that stepping up to more challenging varieties is keeping it interesting. plus, pan cyan and oyster mycelium is very similar (super aggressive but weaker to contams) so the techniques can be very helpful for perfecting oyster techniques.

My latest DIY. I bought the sterlight container and the Hepa filter. Everything else I had on hand. If I want to use the 6" carbon scrubber fan in a tent again, all I have to do is pick it up off the top of the tub. I put a 6" hole in the lid and an 8" hole in a 12" x 11" x 1" piece of insulation board. It seals well enough to force all the fan air through the filter.

Latest DIY.jpg

My latest DIY. I bought the sterlight container and the Hepa filter. Everything else I had on hand. If I want to use the 6" carbon scrubber fan in a tent again, all I have to do is pick it up off the top of the tub. I put a 6" hole in the lid and an 8" hole in a 12" x 11" x 1" piece of insulation board. It seals well enough to force all the fan air through the filter.

View attachment 27296
now, make up some agar and test to make sure it's a clean stream of air :cool:

I have the agar plates already. What exactly is the process? Turn on the air and allow it to flow over the agar for a few seconds?
turn the air on and let the unit run for a couple hours. then, while in the air stream, open the agar plate and leave it sit for an hour or so. Close the plate back up, parafilm it (or whatever you're gonna use to seal the edges), then turn the air off. Let the plate incubate for a few days and pay attention for any signs of growth.

I keep my tests plates for a month just to confirm nothing sluggish is going to crop up. i also do a control plate somewhere else in the garage, outside the stream of air, as a control.

turn the air on and let the unit run for a couple hours. then, while in the air stream, open the agar plate and leave it sit for an hour or so. Close the plate back up, parafilm it (or whatever you're gonna use to seal the edges), then turn the air off. Let the plate incubate for a few days and pay attention for any signs of growth.

I keep my tests plates for a month just to confirm nothing sluggish is going to crop up. i also do a control plate somewhere else in the garage, outside the stream of air, as a control.
Good information, thanks ... I will do that.

just so anyone else looking to build or use a hood knows, best practice is to turn the unit on a couple hours before beginning work. This does a couple things:

1. kicks anything that may have landed on the filter surface off and away from the working air stream.
2. scrubs the air of the room, especially in the immediate vicinity of the flow hood, so there are additional guarantees that the air will truly be clean.

when working with agar plates some techniques to adopt:

1. never turn the lid of a petri dish upside down. lift it straight up, and if you must set it down, set it down the same way it came off the plate.
2. never put your hands or tools in front of the air coming at the plate.
3. it's best to have some kind of platform to raise any working materials off the surface of the table the flow hood is sitting on. this should be a material that can be sterilized, and put any working materials within the air stream coming from the filter face.
4. as when doing any clean, aseptic work, there's no such things as being too clean. continuously wipe everything down with ISO, including your hands. wearing a mask is recommended but not mandatory.

Do you all agree about cocoa enhancing the effects? I made my first bar using 1/8, then ate 1/8 of that bar(one square) and it felt like I ate much much more dosage wise

This is a bar I made last night, really proud of this one. I'm getting the hang of it now I thinkPXL_20231206_032021530~2.jpg

Do you all agree about cocoa enhancing the effects? I made my first bar using 1/8, then ate 1/8 of that bar(one square) and it felt like I ate much much more dosage wise

This is a bar I made last night, really proud of this one. I'm getting the hang of it now I thinkView attachment 32745
100% agree. I made liberty cap chocolates one time that dosed to about 1.5g per person, a couple buddies and I ate them then headed into the woods to have a fire, and we weren't even 5 mins into the walk before we started feeling it. Ended up close to as high as I've ever been on mushrooms, intense visuals in the clear night sky, laying on my back in wet slush beside the fire just staring up. Felt like I'd eaten 3 grams of libs or more.
Ate them with chocolate ever since.

100% agree. I made liberty cap chocolates one time that dosed to about 1.5g per person, a couple buddies and I ate them then headed into the woods to have a fire, and we weren't even 5 mins into the walk before we started feeling it. Ended up close to as high as I've ever been on mushrooms, intense visuals in the clear night sky, laying on my back in wet slush beside the fire just staring up. Felt like I'd eaten 3 grams of libs or more.
serotonin, tryptophan, phenylethylamine, tyrosine, tryptamine and tyramine, are all in Cocoa, and are probably (definitely) interacting with the Psilocybin.

1-4 cups of water, 3-10grams Cubensis CWE (Cold water extraction) + Citric Acid + Ginger + honey + Cocoa extract = sounds like a good time.
add any tea, oranges/lemons/limes or other fruit/tea to one's Pref.

.....i should attempt to sterilize some Media and Innoculate again.

Last edited:
I'm not sure, but I think in addition to the flavinoids in the cocoa, lecithin which is also in most chocolate also helps. I use dark chocolate when I do it. Blend up the mushrooms to a fine powder and mix it really well with melted chocolate then put into a silicone mold that makes little chocolate robots lol.

I cannot say for certain but the info provided by @Observer makes absolute sense to me… im not sure if the lectin will help like it may with cannabinoids but definitely food for thought

Thank you @ninjadip for bringing this up. Definitely something im going to test out and look into

I cannot say for certain but the info provided by @Observer makes absolute sense to me… im not sure if the lectin will help like it may with cannabinoids but definitely food for thought

Thank you @ninjadip for bringing this up. Definitely something im going to test out and look into
Lecithin is used to enhance the absorption of a lot of drugs, it helps penetrate cell membranes more easily or something. Makes it more quickly absorbable.
I used it mostly as an emulsifier when making weed oils and edibles.

Just a theory. But regardless, I have no doubt whatsoever that cocoa or dark chocolate enhances the effect of shrooms.

I believe, but I'm no expert, that chocolate acts as a weak, reversible MAOI causing significantly higher availability in your bloodstream. You can accomplish the same thing by using a "lemontec" method to prepare them or eating them with grapefruit juice.

I believe, but I'm no expert, that chocolate acts as a weak, reversible MAOI causing significantly higher availability in your bloodstream. You can accomplish the same thing by using a "lemontec" method to prepare them or eating them with grapefruit juice.
Yeah i can vouch for lemon tech. Tried personally a few times not so long ago

Back
Top Bottom