Bean's Stash Closet

Ok so check my math.

Gh bloom ratios at half strength plus 50ppm cal mag plus 1/2 tsp Epsom per gal. Was at 600ppm but now at 500.

I believe you are on this part of the chart at 1/2 correct?
87445252-8885-446E-A1B2-5C7DE5214BF7.jpeg

Ive been going off the label on the bottles which calls for a lot higher ppm(1100)I think I started the week at 650ppm. It went down some on its own then I added the cal mag. Yesterday I reduced overall ppm by 100 down to 500 it sits at now.

I also had this chart
flora-series.png

Ive been going off the label on the bottles which calls for a lot higher ppm(1100)I think I started the week at 650ppm. It went down some on its own then I added the cal mag. Yesterday I reduced overall ppm by 100 down to 500 it sits at now.

I also had this chart
View attachment 1807
So are you at a 2.5:7.5:10 ratio right now plus the Epsom and cal mag? Any silica products?

I believe it was 1:2:3 tsp per gal. Gro:Micro:Bloom
I was using silica but phased out a couple weeks ago.
I have batch water ready in my 20gal if you think I should rebuild res at some point. It's really not much of a chore.

I think we should reevaluate tomorrow. The trend here is it seems to be improving before you turned the light down. Your nutes are in the right area. You may have already fixed this and just need a little more time. Overcorrection can be a bad thing that causes you to chase your tail.

I gave it some back the week before I flipped the lights but I'm not sure it even needed it then to be honest. I'm using tap water so there are some minerals being contributed there. I'm guess tap water + base nutes was probably sufficient until recently. Something to tweak next time.

I gave it some back the week before I flipped the lights but I'm not sure it even needed it then to be honest. I'm using tap water so there are some minerals being contributed there. I'm guess tap water + base nutes was probably sufficient until recently. Something to tweak next time.
Thanks, hard for me to keep track because i always assume RO is being used. Your tap water will matter

What's the ppm/500 of your tap water?

Dude you are killing it. That clone has perfect bones. This is a very important stage of life. I start to detect cannabinoids within a couple weeks off clones this size.

You may have access to these tools at work:

View attachment 1786
View attachment 1787

With the refractometer you measure alcohol in wine or in our case brix. A measure of sugar production.

@Pipecarver that leaf is a 7. Been without co2 for 3 days. I’ll report back what the number is when they recover.

This plant was running 10.
Unless I can figure out how to increase my numbers the brix% it doesn't help me. I was wondering about adding sweeteners such as molasses. I've had mixed info on molasses and I no longer use it.....It just attracts bugs and can make a sticky mess.....and according to Dr.Gr55 our plants produce sugars and they don't up take them the molasses just feeds the microbes in the soil.....??????/

40-50ppm tds
I didn't get your medium I use Promix Type soils and I've used Gh nutes for years, basically I follow the recipe...........I work up 2/2/2/1... 3/3/3/1.../5/5/5/1.... when I flip I under led lights I start adding 1/2 tsp Epsom Salts every water at 2 weeks of flower 5/5/7/1....... 3 weeks...5/5/10/1/ 1/4 tsp Monster Bloom........I'm also adding Flurolicious plus and I've less leaf issues since starting using it 2 years ago.......In Flower.....I've still had leaf issues starting around weeks 3 & 4 of flower and I recently took note of the Nutrient chart showing a strong need for Calcium starting weeks 3 & 4 so I just started using 5 ml/ gal Cal/ Mag
My last feed at 6 weeks in flower was 5/5/10/1/2 tspMB/1 F/5 Cm/ my well water at 122ppm after adding nutes I'm at 950 - 1000ppm............in My auto pots my ppm has hit 1100 Because of Cal/mag & Diamond Nectar......and they're & nice healthy 3 weeks into flower

I didn't get your medium I use Promix Type soils and I've used Gh nutes for years, basically I follow the recipe...........I work up 2/2/2/1... 3/3/3/1.../5/5/5/1.... when I flip I under led lights I start adding 1/2 tsp Epsom Salts every water at 2 weeks of flower 5/5/7/1....... 3 weeks...5/5/10/1/ 1/4 tsp Monster Bloom........I'm also adding Flurolicious plus and I've less leaf issues since starting using it 2 years ago.......In Flower.....I've still had leaf issues starting around weeks 3 & 4 of flower and I recently took note of the Nutrient chart showing a strong need for Calcium starting weeks 3 & 4 so I just started using 5 ml/ gal Cal/ Mag
My last feed at 6 weeks in flower was 5/5/10/1/2 tspMB/1 F/5 Cm/ my well water at 122ppm after adding nutes I'm at 950 - 1000ppm............in My auto pots my ppm has hit 1100 Because of Cal/mag & Diamond Nectar......and they're & nice healthy 3 weeks into flower
I'm in water, I think I'll be ok next time If I start adding the cal mag earlier in flower now that I know its gonna hog it like this. It's the only problem I've had w it thus far so I cant complain.

Unless I can figure out how to increase my numbers the brix% it doesn't help me. I was wondering about adding sweeteners such as molasses. I've had mixed info on molasses and I no longer use it.....It just attracts bugs and can make a sticky mess.....and according to Dr.Gr55 our plants produce sugars and they don't up take them the molasses just feeds the microbes in the soil.....??????/
When this first came up Dr green was talking about using brix to verify nute mix. Changes you make in the grow can make brix go up or down. I just saw it go down when I ran out of co2. Makes sense.

I don’t know if adding molasses will increase brix, but that wouldn’t be the first thing I would try. I’d start with dr greens nute example.

Can you get to 10 on a healthy petiole on a fan leaf in direct light? If not change something. Like N. What is the new brix? Adjust based on testing.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think she is back on track and is definietly guzzling water again and pushing new growth. The larger fans caught a little hell through the process, but the buds seemed to keep growing along ok. PH and ppm have been stable around 6/500. I need to scale back N moving forward though she is getting a bit dark for my liking.

Attachments

• 20230508_082829.jpg
    20230508_082829.jpg
    939.2 KB · Views: 12
I'll need to order more base nutes soon. Anything I should get to round out my lineup for this next plant? GH trio, cal mag, epsom, armor si, hygrozyme is what I have on the shelf. I'd really like to move away from ordering in liquids at some point.

Great white or orca.

I like to use Fulvic acid, but this is not a requirement. Mr. Fulvic on Amazon is what I use.

GH makes dry now, but the amount you need to buy is pretty high.

You saw the struggles N2 had with his Jack's grow, if you want to give that a try it has grown a lot of good plants out there both hydro and soil. When I use it I convert it into a liquid so it goes in just like GH - I find that easiest.

My suggestion is to stick with GH for another grow. Get your feet fully wet with something you are being successful with, and branch out in the future as you decide to add some challenges that will save you money.

You guys know anything about this company or these lights? The sizes of some of their models seem like they would work well in my limited closet space.

You guys know anything about this company or these lights? The sizes of some of their models seem like they would work well in my limited closet space.

Not personally, but they have been around a long time. I think they tend to provide for the commercial market.

I might know a little something about CLW 😋

IMG_4641.JPG

Stoney is also using a CLW SS550. I have three in my room outfitted with the UV kit but also use other T5 lamps in it like Perfect Par from Agromax and Bloom lamps.
I use the controller and have all three daisy chained off it.
I can tell you that if you're looking for the Mercedes Benz of lights, they're it. My oldest is 6 years old and still going like new so they're built to last.
But best of all is the potency they can bring out of a plant. No light dustings of frost. Plants drip with resin under these lights.
Heavy duty heat sinks and Osram diodes is next level compared to many other LED out there. Personally I wont use another brand of light because of my history with the company and previous model lights that also performed better than other LED.
450 watts at max power with a footprint of 3'x4' each. My three cover a 10'long x 4'wide footprint.
Keep them about 24" above canopy or dial down intensity with the controller. Any closer and at 90% + power they can bleach tips of colas
Made in California and have Cali based customer service.

Last edited:
Well fuckin' A Bandit that was the info and endorsement I was looking for. Big plus that others here use them. I gotta double check clearances w the wings on it but looks promising.
The UV kits are way over priced for what they are. Regarding the wing parts it would be a very ez 3D print project and one I'm wanting to get into.
As far as the UV fixtures go, they're just your common 24" T5HO fixture and can be found at around $30 each most grow shops.
The UV lamps are unique and exclusive to CLW though. They're pure UVB with no UVA in there but there are lamps with UVB and UVA that are priced lower.
CLW often has sales going for 15% off. Last one was for 4/20 but give it time and another will come up.

Think I'll get a new setup for the closet then I can put the Spider Farmer I'm running now in my veg tent. The 100w light in my veg tent is a weak link right now for sure, I can add a second once I get my garden planted outside, but that might be a couple weeks yet. Got the water going this morning.

Attachments

• 20230509_112919.jpg
    20230509_112919.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom