Bean's Stash Closet

Think I'll get a new setup for the closet then I can put the Spider Farmer I'm running now in my veg tent. The 100w light in my veg tent is a weak link right now for sure, I can add a second once I get my garden planted outside, but that might be a couple weeks yet. Got the water going this morning.
So jealous of that garden. My subdivision doesn’t allow it. If it wouldn’t be such a bitch to move I would.

That's lame but I guess I can understand why. So no outdoor gardens period or would say an attached greenhouse be gtg?

Week 7 since flip, just cruising along watching the buds get bigger and bending branches on the little one.

Attachments

• 20230515_172800.jpg
    20230515_172800.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • 20230515_171312.jpg
    20230515_171312.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 14
The smell is amazing, very strong and I'm having trouble containing it even with a filter. Dank citrus/grapefruit mixed w floral pine. We cannot wait to taste it.

Attachments

• 20230516_061356.jpg
    20230516_061356.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 14
Now that is the WW I am familiar with. Pine and Citrus for miles. Great plant. Very potent.
I do look forward to giving it another crack now that I understand things a little better. I really ate shit on Ca going into flower, lesson learned. I'm just happy that my setup actually works and I've got some buds growing lol.

I do look forward to giving it another crack now that I understand things a little better. I really ate shit on Ca going into flower, lesson learned. I'm just happy that my setup actually works and I've got some buds growing lol.
that's not true, you recovered nicely.

But yeah, learning curve starting to look like a hill vs a mountain to you right now. Good place to be.

I laughed because I think you built the right set up and killed the grow~!
I have some other pots I was making plans for but the rubbermaids keep calling me.
I pray when I start a RDWC it goes half as smooth as you have done. (y)

I laughed because I think you built the right set up and killed the grow~!
I have some other pots I was making plans for but the rubbermaids keep calling me.
I pray when I start a RDWC it goes half as smooth as you have done. (y)
Thanks buddy, I appreciate that. I suspect you'll crush it whatever bucket you choose. You're a hands on dude and with your experience cycling aquariums and moving water around I think you'll hit the ground running.

You guys think the specs on this light are sufficient for my closet? I can get this light and the controller for what the 400w version of it costs. Not sure I need 400w in my closet when I rarely run my 300w at 100% as is.

Attachments

• 20230519_195300.jpg
    20230519_195300.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 4
You guys think the specs on this light are sufficient for my closet? I can get this light and the controller for what the 400w version of it costs. Not sure I need 400w in my closet when I rarely run my 300w at 100% as is.

I had that light for a couple years then passed it on to @Stoneyluv when I got my third 550 and didn't need it anymore. He can probably give better detail but it is a red and blue only light, no white diodes and I remember it's coverage being around a 2.5'x2.5' footprint. Solid all purpose light for small spaces. I liked the dimming so it can do seed starting work to flowering

I had that light for a couple years then passed it on to @Stoneyluv when I got my third 550 and didn't need it anymore. He can probably give better detail but it is a red and blue only light, no white diodes and I remember it's coverage being around a 2.5'x2.5' footprint. Solid all purpose light for small spaces. I liked the dimming so it can do seed starting work to flowering
If I play my cards right I'll be flowering in there only, but good to know it can do full run if needed. $800 to stick a light over one plant was making me hesitate a little on the 550 without knowing if its overkill or not.

the CLW 275 is a straight up beast!!! you couldn't pry that thing from my hands if you tried, Bandit was crazy for giving it up.... but I'm damn glad he did!!! I liked it so much it convinced me to buy two 550's after trying it!!

it does in fact have white/red/blue, you cannot control the white lighting though, it goes up and down with the red and blue. see bandit also sent me a pair of those badass safety glasses and when you point the camera lens through them you get a good photo...

so the glasses are green and all the green leds are actually the white ones... this is at 1% of each color... 8 white/20 blue/60 red

DSCN0576.JPG

i get a very good footprint with it. my cabinet is a 4x4 and it gets close to covering that space... I have been using it at 30% at about 3 feet from the plants and it is mainly for the seedlings i have directly under the light, but i also have one a little bigger and you can see she is in the back corner of the 4 foot cabinet and she is not light deprived at all... she looks like she's luvin life in the back row!! at only 30% power!!

DSCN0578.JPG

cool beans, I believe the specs of this light are under rated and can't say enough good things about it!

the CLW 275 is a straight up beast!!! you couldn't pry that thing from my hands if you tried, Bandit was crazy for giving it up.... but I'm damn glad he did!!! I liked it so much it convinced me to buy two 550's after trying it!!

it does in fact have white/red/blue, you cannot control the white lighting though, it goes up and down with the red and blue. see bandit also sent me a pair of those badass safety glasses and when you point the camera lens through them you get a good photo...

so the glasses are green and all the green leds are actually the white ones... this is at 1% of each color... 8 white/20 blue/60 red

View attachment 3304

i get a very good footprint with it. my cabinet is a 4x4 and it gets close to covering that space... I have been using it at 30% at about 3 feet from the plants and it is mainly for the seedlings i have directly under the light, but i also have one a little bigger and you can see she is in the back corner of the 4 foot cabinet and she is not light deprived at all... she looks like she's luvin life in the back row!! at only 30% power!!

View attachment 3306

cool beans, I believe the specs of this light are under rated and can't say enough good things about it!

Man that's crazy with the white hahahaha!! I guess I should've looked at the thing instead of just the controller not doing the whites 🤭
So happy to see it working for you like that!!!
CLW is kinda funny addictive. You get one and see what plants do then you load up and buy more. Like the crack of LED or something🤪

CLW is kinda funny addictive. You get one and see what plants do then you load up and buy more. Like the crack of LED or something🤪
That's funny.
I was just looking at the Spectramax 1000!
My first thought was two? Then I thought if you like them then it will be like 4 more?
Is that what crack is like?:ROFLMAO:
I'm just a long haired country boy.

Sweet, thanks for the info both of you. I also noticed recommended hanging heights for the 275 seemed like they might be more workable for my space as well.

that's the beauty of the controller, you can turn it down if it's too close or you don't have the headroom. another big plus for me but maybe not you, i have regular occurring power outages and the controller always keeps the clock time and never needs resetting.

^^ you guys are funny... fuckin laughed out my rip and everything!!!

that's the beauty of the controller, you can turn it down if it's too close or you don't have the headroom. another big plus for me but maybe not you, i have regular occurring power outages and the controller always keeps the clock time and never needs resetting.

^^ you guys are funny... fuckin laughed out my rip and everything!!!
Good to know dude. Right now I'm running my lights off the ACI controller which it brings everything back where it should be once power is restored. I have a generator and everything is on one 20a circuit, really easy to get back up.

I think the 275 and controller will probably be sufficient to get my feet wet with spectrum for now. If it turns out I need more lumens/coverage I can always upgrade and put the 275 in my veg tent.

Starting to get a lot of bud growth busting out and merging together down below the top of the colas. I remember this last couple weeks being pretty awesome to watch on my last grow so I'm looking forward to it. Stinks to high heaven.
20230520_091649.jpg

I think that white will be plenty good enough. I dont think you would see any real benefit from that in your situation
It's the painted side of the foam insulation and rubs off when I wash so I dont like it as my finished surface tbh. I planned to resurface interior w something that can take a scrub w a cleaning agent anyway. FRP was my other option but thats a pain in the ass.

This is my backup clone for the veg tent in case I dont like how the other shapes up. I do like the root structure on this one.

Attachments

• 20230520_082915.jpg
    20230520_082915.jpg
    827.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230520_083216.jpg
    20230520_083216.jpg
    733.2 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom