The yellow let's light leak through so algae I think will build....blacked out to block out the light....real dark haha

The hydro fellas always covering their net pots and stuff I think serves the same purpose, keep light from hitting roots

I thought to hydro dip it maybe but it's a big lid....got some thick spray paint but don't know if it'll be enough
The lid I have on mine from Clone King is white. So I’m not so sure the lid color is important? Anybody else?

The lid I have on mine from Clone King is white. So I’m not so sure the lid color is important? Anybody else?

Yea I'm not too sure I just seen alot of people in the comments for the tutorial on this build mentioning it. Idk if it matters much over a 2 week period was my initial thought. Wrong often lol. I was kinda thinking it's more for people that are running it constantly which isn't what I have planned.

Reminds me of all the hiking I used to do with my wife up around Fuchs Peak 🤣🤣🤣

Hope everyone is happy and blazed today! Me, I'm sober so far been busy and didn't have any good busy weed. Building one of those cloners today....anyone with experience building these what's the best way to black out the yellow lid?View attachment 14203
I poured some liquid rubber on top. It made it all flat which helps with cleaning too. If I could do it again I might try epoxy resin. But there are probably easier ways.

Attachments

• PXL_20230715_155357719.jpg
    PXL_20230715_155357719.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Your white lid is probably made of a more opaque plastic than the yellow lid. One easy test is to put a bright ass flashlight right up against the lid and see if any light comes through the other side.

Hope everyone is happy and blazed today! Me, I'm sober so far been busy and didn't have any good busy weed. Building one of those cloners today....anyone with experience building these what's the best way to black out the yellow lid?View attachment 14203
Krylon paint for plastics.

How important is it that light is blocked if you just are using it every now and again for 2 week periods?
I would just block the light to not have it as a concern. I mean it's not dire or anything, but it's not that hard to make it a zero issue.

I use mine 24/7 so I have to block light. Mine runs hot too, 78f. I just changed the water for the first time in a month yesterday and the water was still good. So the liquid rubber really does a good job of blocking light.

Note: I do treat it twice a week with hypochlorous acid.

Expensive but a couple cans of flex seal will fill in that lid

I never did anything to my yellow lid.
Light should be very low for clones anyways...
Yea I bought rustoleum painters hand 2x as it was rated best for hydro dipping that was my initial plan...I'd have to empty out this coffin sized tote to have something big enough....and I'm just not really feeling it. Think I'll spray the lid a coat or two and see if it does the trick....already got it may as well

Holy shit, I just sprayed this lid with the painters hand 2x, gave it the old once over, held it up to the sun to see....and it was completely blocked out.

Good paint...I know krylon was recommended and is probably a bit better....but this stuff works pretty darn good...just wanted to post it incase anyone else stumbles across the info

Holy shit, I just sprayed this lid with the painters hand 2x, gave it the old once over, held it up to the sun to see....and it was completely blocked out.

Good paint...I know krylon was recommended and is probably a bit better....but this stuff works pretty darn good...just wanted to post it incase anyone else stumbles across the info
See if it were me, I’d be freaking about my leaves laying atop of the paint. I stress over shit like that!

Maybe cause of the heat black holds?
I had seen the different color ones and figured they must be thick and not see thru. Truth is and everyone around here knows it...it's cheaper to just buy one. But I like building things and was concerned I may not like the sprayer in one I just buy. Watched a review on one can't remember which one (one Amazon sells) and it left alot to be desired on the spray out put.

Cost me around 100, and I had fun, and the next one will cost less because I have left over material too bad I don't need another lol.

May be up to make another and ship it to someone for a trade tho, just throwing out the offer, if interested let's discuss in pm....hit me up

See if it were me, I’d be freaking about my leaves laying atop of the paint. I stress over shit like that!

I'm a complete newbie on the cloning but what I've cloned so far I tend to trim a couple nodes and just leave some shit at the top...idk we'll see if i can keep my leaves off the lid but i don't care as much as you may lol

So far I’m not having any probs with the Clone King. I’ve been running it about a year and a half. I think one key thing with all of those spray nozzles is to throughly clean them after every use. It’s a pain in the ass, but it works!
My top is a very thick plastic. I never was concerned about light leaks as heck this stuff will root in open light in the bottom of a water filled cup!
Great job though!

Yea i think so. When i was using the black ones i cut that foil bubble wrap to fit on top and then when they came out with the white i just replaced the black ones
I love watching all you Guys build stuff. It’s like a replay of MacGuyver and Tim the Toolman Taylor! An innovative lot you all are!
Building is not one of my super powers lol, sooo I just buy the stuff after you all perfect it.
Buttttt, I can make dumplings, pies and cornbread…so there’s that 😂🤣😂🥲😂

I love watching all you Guys build stuff. It’s like a replay of MacGuyver and Tim the Toolman Taylor! An innovative lot you all are!
Building is not one of my super powers lol, sooo I just buy the stuff after you all perfect it.
If you can make them killer dumplings you got us all licked...my dad is the only one I know that makes em good anymore

Dumplings ,Pies and cornbread Oh My!!!! ( Sang to the tune of Lions, Tigers, and Bears from the Wizard of Oz)

What an awesome day today was! Im sunburned, sore, and tired, but it was an absolute blast.
My wife and i were able to ride one of the water slides that you stand in and the platform drops out from under you. Killed my back, but it was so much fkn fun!!

Boysenberry make the best jams. That is some good stuff if you have never had any.
When I was just a wee lad we lived near Knotts Berry Farm. It didn't have the amusement park it has now. It was just the Boysenberry farm with Mrs. Knotts Famous Fried Chicken restaurant and a big pond. We would eat there every once in a while and I loved their boysenberry pies and jams!!

I have fried fruit pies stuck in my head. I need them like I need another hole in my head too…but darnnnnnn…they are good! I only do them once a year and I have some fresh peaches too.
I also have a terrible weakness for fried chicken, mashed potato and gravy.
Every one of these things the doc sez don’t eat!
I don’t very often, but mannnnn sometimes a woman has to eat!

When I was just a wee lad we lived near Knotts Berry Farm. It didn't have the amusement park it has now. It was just the Boysenberry farm with Mrs. Knotts Famous Fried Chicken restaurant and a big pond. We would eat there every once in a while and I loved their boysenberry pies and jams!!
I have ate there myself many times. You remember the alligator park across the street? I gave my pet alligator to them when it got too big. It was about 3 feet when we gave it to them. When I got it it was about 6 or 8 inches long.

I have fried fruit pies stuck in my head. I need them like I need another hole in my head too…but darnnnnnn…they are good! I only do them once a year and I have some fresh peaches too.
I also have a terrible weakness for fried chicken, mashed potato and gravy.
Every one of these things the doc sez don’t eat!
I don’t very often, but mannnnn sometimes a woman has to eat!
Good thing you aren't in my neck of the woods because around here they sell plates of that on every damn corner!!!

There's an old black lady that sets up a canopy and a fryer in her front yard and cooks up the best fried chicken you could ever find. Her gravy is so good I could sub it for the drink in my plate!! She has her niece boil the potatoes in the house and she brings them out so that mama can mash them and pour in all that lovely butter and spices into them. Sometimes she'll make green beans! Her cornbread is amazing too.

I have ate there myself many times. You remember the alligator park across the street? I gave my pet alligator to them when it got too big. It was about 3 feet when we gave it to them. When I got it it was about 6 or 8 inches long.
OH YEAH! Remember Independence Hall? One time my dad brought home some baby chicks only to find out they were baby ducks!!!! We kept them for a while but since we didn't have a pond for them to swim around in we went to Knotts Berry Farm and released them into the pond they had back then.

Lasty time I was there was for a Fabulous Fords car show a few years back.

OH YEAH! Remember Independence Hall? One time my dad brought home some baby chicks only to find out they were baby ducks!!!! We kept them for a while but since we didn't have a pond for them to swim around in we went to Knotts Berry Farm and released them into the pond they had back then.

Yep, went to that independence hall on a field trip when I was in elementary school. They even had a replica liberty bell as I remember. Bought a copy of the Declaration of Independence as a souvenir.

They had killer buttetmilk biscuits in that chicken house. Best I ever have had in my life. They were small mouth sized biscuits.

Back
Top Bottom