I could have legally broadsided 3 cars yesterday. Seems like they pull out and dare you to not slam your brakes on.
Or the assholes that give you dirty looks because THEY don't know basic traffic laws... like I'm going straight, you're turning left... you wait for me mfer! We have one intersection where that shit happens to me almost every time. They just see green and give er.

Or the assholes that give you dirty looks because THEY don't know basic traffic laws... like I'm going straight, you're turning left... you wait for me mfer! We have one intersection where that shit happens to me almost every time. They just see green and give er.
dont you love that shit

"YOURE in the wrong and YOU Flip ME off?

that shit is infuriating.

I could have legally broadsided 3 cars yesterday. Seems like they pull out and dare you to not slam your brakes on.
oh i hear you on that. I found out a lot of people don't know what to do when the power goes out at a stop light. it becomes a stop sign.

dont you love that shit

"YOURE in the wrong and YOU Flip ME off?

that shit is infuriating.
Yup. Makes me want to follow them till they stop and drag them out the car... good thing I've addressed my rage issues. 🤣 I once had a lady back out in front of me as I'm cruising down a back road at like 50... had to pull the e brake and everything and slid off the road with my kid in the car and this hag flips me off and just pulls away. If my kid wasn't with me that might have been one I had to follow and at least call a dumb c**t. It really should be harder to get a license. Stupid cow. Don't go fucking up my perfect driving record cause you're an idiot. That was a lot of derogatory language, but she deserves it and I'm still mad thinking about it lol.

oh i hear you on that. I found out a lot of people don't know what to do when the power goes out at a stop light. it becomes a stop sign.
Some people don't even understand how a 4 way stop works, so that's not shocking. I hate people that try to wave you on when they were clearly there first... like you're just confusing everyone else at this fucking intersection... fuckingggg goooo brooo. 🤣

Some people don't even understand how a 4 way stop works, so that's not shocking. I hate people that try to wave you on when they were clearly there first... like you're just confusing everyone else at this fucking intersection... fuckingggg goooo brooo. 🤣
that happened to me today when i took the mrs to the store. she was like why doesn't he go. he waived 2 cars on. lol

Like that for me around here at 4 way stop intersections. Like north and south can go at the same time and then you two turning motherfuckers go lol

Did you know there is a perennial variety of hibiscus that grows in colder climates? I'm zone 4 and on year 3 or 4 with mine. It makes me think it's died every year because it's always last to sprout. Here's some pics from last year, it's not blooming yet this year. View attachment 14892View attachment 14893
They spread every year too. My friend has a camp on the St. Lawrence in Quebec and one of her neighbors practically has a hibiscus hedgerow... that's how I discovered they were a thing and hunted one down.
I also kept a regular hibiscus alive for about 5 years by bringing it in for winter... till my hubs decided to water it and spray all the leaves midday on a 90 plus degree sunny day... cooked the poor fucker. I was honestly sick of dealing with it's mess all winter from my dry ass house... but it was nice to have a bright orange bloom in the middle of winter. Probably could have mitigated the mess with daily spritzing... but I'm busy man lol.
Yes, I looked it up when we were deciding to plant or pot.

Wife buys plants randomly when she sees them, usually on sale at grocery stores or building centres. My job is to debug and figure out how to keep alive. 🤣

I told her to get the right one next time she sees one on sale. Most likely have to go to a nursery for anything good.

Don’t think she’s bought any flowers this year. First time since we bought the place. But we are enjoying the veggies. Just slow to fruit this year. Cucumbers are happiest.

My uncle has over 1,000,000 miles worth of drive time in a semi, started hauling beer when he was only 12 years old!!
He always told me he never knew a company with worse drivers than Swift, and every truck thats wrecked here is Swift, or JB Hunt.... hardly ever any other company.
Up here when I offloaded we used to listen on channel 19 for info. And hear drivers complain about JB Hunt. Don’t know Swift…apparently don’t want too. 😝

If two or more arrive at the same time it becomes mass confusion! 🤦

Second one is not only lower...but his truck was even taller after the first crimp 😆

The first one (sign isn't accurate after flood 13 ft and a few inches now)

Second one...still same posted height lol
Hey i hope it's ok if i reuse those images? i work in transportation/shipping and Swift is one of our carriers. going to make this into a learning thing about safety/danger awareness/common sense

Hey i hope it's ok if i reuse those images? i work in transportation/shipping and Swift is one of our carriers. going to make this into a learning thing about safety/danger awareness/common sense
lol i know what you mean about those safety video. that one definitely is a learning one on NOT what to do. sad for the driver, he must be new.

Does anyone still have access to the Farm? PM if you do. I had a grow-off going on there and would really like to get in touch with that dude. I looked on a buddy's phone and it looks like he harvested and has been wondering where I went. Dude's name was Peat_Phreak so if he's bad news then nevermind. He seemed pretty quiet, though.
I've still got an unbanned membership over there. I haven't used it in a while, so maybe I'm wrong about still having it.

So there currently is a detour to my house I live by a couple train trussels (underpass goes under train tracks) and that swift truck I posted earlier hit the first one...as i watched him back up and posted my post about a minute later I heard him hit the second trussel. Well this time he got stuck😆🤘
I once worked in an office building that had a two-story parking area. The lower level, though, was not graded -- it's on a hill, so there's about 18 feet of clearance on one side, and about 10 feet of clearance on the other. (I'm sure you can see where this is going.)

So a driver with a truck that needed about 12' of clearance pulled in with a delivery. A co-worker and I came down to help him unload and bring the stuff up to our floor. He was in a hurry, talking about how his boss has been on his case lately, for a variety of fuck-ups. We unloaded our stuff, he hopped in the cab and sped off... toward the low clearance end of the parking area. There was a cry of, "No, wait, don't!!

Boom! He's wedged the truck under a concrete beam for the second floor of the parking area.

He got out, frantically running around the truck. We calmed him down, then got another half dozen guys to sit, stand and lie on the front of the truck to get the springs to compress enough to get him unwedged. He's finally on his way.

As soon as he was out of earshot, a pent up dam of laughter burst forth.

This was the first of many instances in my life where I wanted to shout, "Wait a minute, I'M the stoner here..."

Yeah living on a volcano wouldn't jive with my anxiety. 🤣
Imma skip explosive islands with beautiful flowers, reminds me of an X..

Now, now, now. There are explosive-type volcanoes, like the ones on the west coast of the US and the whole "ring of fire," and volcanoes that just flow. Explosive volcanoes have lava that is thick and viscous. When pressure builds up behind a plug in a volcanic vent, there can be huge explosions, on the order of hydrogen bombs and greater.

Hawaiian volcanoes, like Icelandic volcanoes, have very fluid lavas that tend to just flow freely. You'll never see a massive volcanic explosion there, the way we saw with Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Pinatubo, Krakatoa, etc. You do get lava flows that might cover a housing development if one is built in an unfortunate location in Hawaii, but that's not a tourist's problem.

Here in SE Michigan and NW Ohio, transportation departments have become traffic circle/roundabout crazed. If you think people don't know how to behave at 4-way stops, try one of these traffic circles.

If you are in the circle, you have the right of way. Last week, I was behind someone who stopped in the circle to let someone at one of the intersecting roads get in. Other times, people ignore the fact that other people are in the circle, and just go, cutting them off.

I think they need a How-To guide on a sign on the approach to one of these circles.

Here in SE Michigan and NW Ohio, transportation departments have become traffic circle/roundabout crazed. If you think people don't know how to behave at 4-way stops, try one of these traffic circles.

If you are in the circle, you have the right of way. Last week, I was behind someone who stopped in the circle to let someone at one of the intersecting roads get in. Other times, people ignore the fact that other people are in the circle, and just go, cutting them off.

I think they need a How-To guide on a sign on the approach to one of these circles.
lol omg i was stationed in England and i tell you you what. they drive on left side of the road compared to the US, and they have round da bouts as they call them. i'll never forget driving overseas Paris was the worst, especially around the Arc de Triomphe crazy drivers lol in Saudi they like to use the horn A LOT.

Yeah we have a few of them here, mostly on the interstate... and people definitely don't know how to use them.

Now, now, now. There are explosive-type volcanoes, like the ones on the west coast of the US and the whole "ring of fire," and volcanoes that just flow. Explosive volcanoes have lava that is thick and viscous. When pressure builds up behind a plug in a volcanic vent, there can be huge explosions, on the order of hydrogen bombs and greater.

Hawaiian volcanoes, like Icelandic volcanoes, have very fluid lavas that tend to just flow freely. You'll never see a massive volcanic explosion there, the way we saw with Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Pinatubo, Krakatoa, etc. You do get lava flows that might cover a housing development if one is built in an unfortunate location in Hawaii, but that's not a tourist's problem.
I'll stay on the mainland with my non lava filled mountains just the same lol.

I've still got an unbanned membership over there. I haven't used it in a while, so maybe I'm wrong about still having it.
Another guy here was able to pm the dude my email. We'll see if I hear from him. Looked like he grew some pretty good buds and I'm doing the same strain, so I'm excited.

Back
Top Bottom