A few years ago an ex GF sent me an email out of the blue asking me if I would like to partner with her on a coffee farm her friend was too old to manage anymore. It was in Kona, Hawaii. I initially told her thanks but no thanks. Then she started sending me pictures.........

Still wondering if I should have gone but then again I wouldn't be with the GF I have now and she's amazing!!!!
She wasn't done with that ruler, man.

😉

Beautiful. I had Hibiscus around my entire yard when we lived in Hawaii. I didn’t know there was a cold weather variety. Thanks for sharing.
I believe the name was Summer Carnival Hibiscus... if you're ever looking for one. The leaves are variegated and pretty before and after it blooms too.

Did you know there is a perennial variety of hibiscus that grows in colder climates? I'm zone 4 and on year 3 or 4 with mine. It makes me think it's died every year because it's always last to sprout. Here's some pics from last year, it's not blooming yet this year. View attachment 14892View attachment 14893
They spread every year too. My friend has a camp on the St. Lawrence in Quebec and one of her neighbors practically has a hibiscus hedgerow... that's how I discovered they were a thing and hunted one down.
I also kept a regular hibiscus alive for about 5 years by bringing it in for winter... till my hubs decided to water it and spray all the leaves midday on a 90 plus degree sunny day... cooked the poor fucker. I was honestly sick of dealing with it's mess all winter from my dry ass house... but it was nice to have a bright orange bloom in the middle of winter. Probably could have mitigated the mess with daily spritzing... but I'm busy man lol.
Funny we were always told the number 1 cause of death of the perennial hibiscus is death by shovel when people dig them up because the thought they died . they are quite hardy and mine are about 2 weeks from their bloom, I am surprised i havent killed my tropical hibiscus tree In over the 30 years i have had it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny we were always told the number 1 cause of death of the perennial hibiscus is death by shovel when people dig them up because the thought they died . they are quite hardy and mine are about 2 weeks from their bloom, I am surprised i havent killed my tropical hibiscus tree In over the 30 years i have had it.
Yup, she gets me every year even though I expect her to be a late bloomer. 30 years is impressive dedication to a plant...way longer than most marriages these days lol.

Yup, she gets me every year even though I expect her to be a late bloomer. 30 years is impressive dedication to a plant...way longer than most marriages these days lol.
Funny you say that about the marriages . its on its second.Cant believe it has only been repotted 3 times. i cant go bigger because i wouldnt be able to lift it to bring in the house

Whenever I see those truck fail pics it's always Swift trucks. I was told by a trucker friend that Swift is the company you work for when you're fresh out of driver school hence why there are so many!
My uncle has over 1,000,000 miles worth of drive time in a semi, started hauling beer when he was only 12 years old!!
He always told me he never knew a company with worse drivers than Swift, and every truck thats wrecked here is Swift, or JB Hunt.... hardly ever any other company.

My uncle has over 1,000,000 miles worth of drive time in a semi, started hauling beer when he was only 12 years old!!
He always told me he never knew a company with worse drivers than Swift, and every truck thats wrecked here is Swift, or JB Hunt.... hardly ever any other company.
Can you imagine having to work in the repair department at Swift having to reskin all those trailers? Those guys must be BIIIIIZZZEEE!!!😝

Last edited:
I used to work at a local foodservice/distribution company... finding good drivers was near impossible. Mfers were always backing into or sideswiping some shit and putting the trucks in the shop... not even semis, just reefer food trucks. Morons. Why you a truck driver if you can't drive worth a damn? 🤣 I swear some of them must have forged thier CDLs 🤣

He said a few posts back that driver went under two trestles, hit the first and got stuck under the second... feckin genius that one.
Second one is not only lower...but his truck was even taller after the first crimp 😆

The first one (sign isn't accurate after flood 13 ft and a few inches now)
20230724_204721.jpg

Second one...still same posted height lol20230724_204524.jpg

Last edited:
I used to work at a local foodservice/distribution company... finding good drivers was near impossible. Mfers were always backing into or sideswiping some shit and putting the trucks in the shop... not even semis, just reefer food trucks. Morons. Why you a truck driver if you can't drive worth a damn? 🤣 I swear some of them must have forged thier CDLs 🤣
I got something for y'all let me find it

Yep, i agree, i worked for a craft beer distribution center and they had 9 trucks, at 3 times in the 4 short months i was there, they had 9 penske rentals because all 9 of their trucks were damaged or totaled🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻

Yep, i agree, i worked for a craft beer distribution center and they had 9 trucks, at 3 times in the 4 short months i was there, they had 9 penske rentals because all 9 of their trucks were damaged or totaled🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻
Yeah we were constantly having to rent trucks cause our own were down for the count... the owner was so used to it he stopped getting mad and expected it.

Here's the outcome ladies and gents lmfao
View attachment 14904View attachment 14905
looks like this tractor trailer that got stuck going under and over pass. the driver was clueless. we instructed him to flatten his tires so he can drive through. that was all it took and the trailer was clear to go under. he had to put air back in all his tires but he got through lol

Yeah we were constantly having to rent trucks cause our own were down for the count... the owner was so used to it he stopped getting mad and expected it.
People just cant drive anymore, even people in cars.

A buddy of mine, got his cdl class B at 18, he passed the road test with 0 points...
He did the same thing 3 years later when he turned 21 and went for his class A cdl.
Hes now been driving a semi truck for 10 years and hes still accident free.

This is what hes been hauling lately, big shit. IMG_7635.jpg

People just cant drive anymore, even people in cars.

A buddy of mine, got his cdl class B at 18, he passed the road test with 0 points...
He did the same thing 3 years later when he turned 21 and went for his class A cdl.
Hes now been driving a semi truck for 10 years and hes still accident free.

This is what hes been hauling lately, big shit. View attachment 14910
yes this is true. like the folks who don't know what YIELD means. oh don't get me started lol

Back
Top Bottom