Salt water pools and hot tubs just a chemical filter to create chlorine from salts.
Not really salt water and maybe not the most scientific explanation, but yea..(y)
I love the smell of chlorine done properly.🥴
Maybe it brings back great memories from my youth.
I love the ocean but it smells like a septic tank till your olfactory nerves go dead~!😳

Salt water pools and hot tubs just a chemical filter to create chlorine from salts.
Not really salt water and maybe not the most scientific explanation, but yea..(y)
I love the ocean but it smells like a septic tank till your olfactory nerves go dead~!😳
Yeah same effect, just less harsh. My brother explained how it works... but he's smarter than me lol.

The thing I truly appreciate about an ionized pool, not iodized by the way..is it smells just like the spring water that fills it. It’s sterilization comes from copper and silver electrodes.

So how do you slow dry your weed with temps so high?...I'm trying to build a box with a small portable ac unit but there doesn't seem to be any that are affordable...... there are lots of cheap what they call air conditioners but they're not really air cons they're fans that blow cooled air from ice or water......that's not cool enough to get a 85* space into the 60's......is there and alternative method you use?

How do all you folks that live in a warm / hot climate dry your weed slowly?
I’m trying the basement shower again. RH is good but temps around 26c. 😔

Outside temps are finally dropping but rain, rain, rain. 🤦

My room is both heated and cooled. When I go to lights out, I have no problem dropping the temps in there. I can hold them at 60-62* This is only possible because there is an independent heat and cooling supply to that room. Filling up the humidifier in the dark is my big issue!
How big is your area? There are now floor models but you must have a drain for them. I would look into that. My friend uses them outside in glamping tents that she rents, which is by no means sealed, and I was pretty impressed. I would think you would have no problems cooling down your basement.
In my case the only room that works best is the one in the basement without a window and in the middle of the house. I’d need to leave exhaust vents running along the floor and ceiling. Don’t think that would fly well.

I need to hook up the portable to the basement window and let it do the whole basement.

It’s the humidity that kills my setup. I can deal with hot/cold but when too damp inside and out its to much.

This is the info on it:
Creek Walker photo feminized is an exciting new strain produced by crossing OG Glue #1 and Redbeard's Widow. It's a great balance of high sativa effects with a shorter flower time, as well as more stem rigidity in her structure. Creek Walker can double in size in flower. She produces large colas covered in greasy trichomes, great for washing. There are lots of gas smells with an earthy sweet funk towards the end of flower. Flower time is an average of 62-67 days and yields are massive. Effects are very mellow with several people reporting an increase in focus and clarity. She's great for adhd and depression.
Interesting 🤔

Mornin all!
It is a slick 79* on the front porch this morning. Just a mere 30* cooler than yesterday evening. I expected this. Same thing that happened the last time the El Niño pattern sat up across this state in 1997, 2009, 2010. 1997, was the absolute worst. I was working road construction in 97, and you simply don’t forget those conditions..ever.
In other round here news, a jail escapee from town, whom escaped in his drawers and known to be in my area was recaptured yesterday. After two days of heat, bugs, ticks, snakes, bear, cougar, bob cats, coyote, panthers, no food, no water..he gave up and was picked up again yesterday. You know the weather is bad when he just wanted to go back to jail! Takes a lot of pressure off my community. Everyone was on lock down so to speak. Police force was everywhere out here. Glad they have him and I can quit watching over my shoulder.
Here’s to yiz! A morning smoke and coffee is going down round here!
I hate to say it but I am looking forward to the El Nino conditions. It is quite humid out here on the west coast. The El Nino conditions bring warm water up from the coast of Mexico along with the warm water comes the fish associated with the warm water. We are just really starting to see the migration of fish in the last couple of day. Soon it will be crazy out off the coast.

Last edited:
If you get off shore the smell completely changes

I hate to say it but I am looking forward to the El Nino conditions. It is quite humid out here on the west coast. The El Nino conditions bring warm water up from the coast of Mexico along with the warm water comes the fish associated with the warm water. We are just really starting to see the migration of fish in the last couple of day. Soon it will be crazy out off the coast.
As a construction worker on the midwest coast, I could go for a little less humidity. This last week was brutal out there.

So how do you slow dry your weed with temps so high?...I'm trying to build a box with a small portable ac unit but there doesn't seem to be any that are affordable...... there are lots of cheap what they call air conditioners but they're not really air cons they're fans that blow cooled air from ice or water......that's not cool enough to get a 85* space into the 60's......is there and alternative method you use?

How do all you folks that live in a warm / hot climate dry your weed slowly?
In my closet in my house which is humidity controlled and temp - makes the closet much easier to manage parameters

In my closet in my house which is humidity controlled and temp - makes the closet much easier to manage parameters
Its that dam temp thing, I'm expecting 90f @ 90% daytime 80f @ 90% night in my basement with unvented dehues running 24/7...I'll buy a small air con I guess, I was hoping to find something like the small cube shaped air cons that are just water cooled evaporating fans...

Its that dam temp thing, I'm expecting 90f @ 90% daytime 80f @ 90% night in my basement with unvented dehues running 24/7...I'll buy a small air con I guess, I was hoping to find something like the small cube shaped air cons that are just water cooled evaporating fans...

I've used "chillers" similar to this. They don't work to lower the temp of a room. Maybe if you're at a desk and you have it right next to you filled with ice but the ice doesn't last very long and you have to constantly refill every hour or so. I bought one of these trying to cool down a 3 x 5 tent. It had very little effect on temp and raised the humidity in the tent.

At least that was my experience. These are basically mini swamp coolers without the constant stream of water to keep them cool.

I've used "chillers" similar to this. They don't work to lower the temp of a room. Maybe if you're at a desk and you have it right next to you filled with ice but the ice doesn't last very long and you have to constantly refill every hour or so. I bought one of these trying to cool down a 3 x 5 tent. It had very little effect on temp and raised the humidity in the tent.

At least that was my experience. These are basically mini swamp coolers without the constant stream of water to keep them cool.
He just wants one for a box. I think a cardboard box? Everything else is a no go, too big etc.

The problem with those kinds of coolers is they dont work where its humid.

@Pipecarver, you prolly just need to get a protable AC unit would be my guess.
Evaporative coolers work by passing warm air across water filled pads, when the air outside holds as much water as the pads do, it doesnt cool anything.
Swamp/evaporative coolers are best used in super dry places where its 104° and 6% humidity.

Evaporative coolers work by passing warm air across water filled pads, when the air outside holds as much water as the pads do, it doesnt cool anything.
Swamp/evaporative coolers are best used in super dry places where its 104° and 6% humidity.
Maybe he can find a used wine fridge with adjustable humidity if he only needs a tiny space? They have shelves too.

Once again and I’m not promoting anything here. He just wants to drop the temp in a box. He’s in a basement which I think he has high humidity probs.
I’d clean out a closet in the house, problem solved. 🤷‍♀️

They suck balls! I have one. Bowl of water with ice in it and a fan is way better.

Sorry, didn’t realize these things pissed me off so much. 🤣

Got one as a gift. Had high hopes.

What ya fishing for? I just watched last night about the water warming, the fish moving in and the sharks In your area.
We do a lot of fishing off the Gulf Coast. I love the smaller groupers.

What ya fishing for? I just watched last night about the water warming, the fish moving in and the sharks In your area.
We do a lot of fishing off the Gulf Coast. I love the smaller groupers.
I was hoping the big bluefin tuna. would stick around again this year. There are in the 200 to 300 pound class but they took off about a month ago. So it will be Yellowfin Tune and Yellowtail. Maybe a wahoo!!!!

Wish I could tell ya I’ve seen em work , but I don’t think those coolers will do what you need ? - ur weather up there just sux this year huh

Back
Top Bottom