I was hoping the big bluefin tuna. would stick around again this year. There are in the 200 to 300 pound class but they took off about a month ago. So it will be Yellowfin Tune and Yellowtail. Maybe a wahoo!!!!
Do you eat your catches? Some people don't like fish but love fishing. I do love me some Yellowfin Toro sushi.

They’d some work reaping in those monsters !
There is still some 100 pound class ones around about 60 miles off the coast but things have changed back this year. It take at least 3 people fully committed to doing the work and it is work. The method working the best this year is the fresh dead flying fish. You have to put a kite up to get the bait far enough away from the boat to get them to bite. One guy is steering the boat, not directly into the wind but like a 15 degree offset that you change about every mile or so. Once the kite is at altitude it just stays at that height. A second person is jigging the fresh dead flying fish. It is rigged with both a front hook and a treble hook in the back. The guy on the rod is constantly rigging the flying fish on the surface of the water. You can usually see the tuna blow up on the bait and when it takes the bait the main line is released from the kite line. The guy on the rod has to wind like crazy quick to get the slack out of the line before the fish spits out the bait. The last guy has to jump in and bring in the kite. You can have to do this for hours at a time and it gets to be work in a hurry for everyone.

Do you eat your catches? Some people don't like fish but love fishing. I do love me some Yellowfin Toro sushi.
Usually Toro is Bluefin. Big yellowfin get grainy. I usually keep and eat about half of what I catch. I made some fish tacos for the family earlier this month using Sculpin. Simple beer batter and fry recipe. I did some the next week with Halibut and the Sculpin actually made a better fish taco. I have in the past done many 8 day long range trips out of San Diego and that is an experience of a life time. Owning my own boat has sort of put me off to doing party boats anymore.

Bluefin toro is the best but it's hard to find in a lot of sushi restaurants. They usually have the yellowfin.

Love me some well made fish tacos. I like them both ways. Beer battered or dressed in a vinegar dressing with some pickled red onions and slaw.

When I worked in the garment industry I had a customer named Bill Wall. He specialized in sterling silver jewelry and leather clothing. He bought a boat that was originally anchored at Convict Lake in Mammoth Lakes. He tranported it to, I think, Redondo and has it moored there. He takes fishing trips from there down to Ensenada and sometimes he goes all the way to Cabo. The trips look like fun.

He just wants one for a box. I think a cardboard box? Everything else is a no go, too big etc.
plain old Cardboard box?.............................. Hell no, its upgraded cardboard, 1/4" plywood with real wood corners, top and base, sealed and vented with a small computer fan, Its a big wood cube on 6" 4x4" legs....its a fking work of art in some worlds...lol

Wish I could tell ya I’ve seen em work , but I don’t think those coolers will do what you need ? - ur weather up there just sux this year huh
its bad timing on my part, I know better or shoulda but running perpetually these things happen. A nice chilled box would be nice but for the money I've spend building this thing I coulda bought a wine fridge, and now I need a wine fridge...lol.....just can't win trying to save a dime...building my own box?...someone shoulda stopped me....lol......

plain old Cardboard box?.............................. Hell no, its upgraded cardboard, 1/4" plywood with real wood corners, top and base, sealed and vented with a small computer fan, Its a big wood cube on 6" 4x4" legs....its a fking work of art in some worlds...lol
One emoji just ain’t enuff 😂🙄👏👍😎

its bad timing on my part, I know better or shoulda but running perpetually these things happen. A nice chilled box would be nice but for the money I've spend building this thing I coulda bought a wine fridge, and now I need a wine fridge...lol.....just can't win trying to save a dime...building my own box?...someone shoulda stopped me....lol......
You can buy the cooling units the peltier wine coolers use. They even make them with 2 units built into one, if it will cool one of those wine coolers I would think it could do your box as well. I believe you'll have to get a power supply to go with it as well, but both can be had for less than $40 total, assuming you use a single peltier unit.

Because the operational time for dry and cure is short, all things considered, why not go with a guerilla cooler?

Using ice is going to raise humidity but if you have a good dehu you should be able to get it in range. Using a store bought A/C will give you the added benefit of dehumidification so that is what I suggest but it may be too much money for what you'll be using it for and the short amount of time you'll be using it.

Man, you men’s are a sassy lot today 🤣😂😅😂🤣
Schooled on portable AC’s.
Schooled on cardboard boxes.
I stand duly corrected.
Now be a darling and feck off.
Love you Guys….. Granny 🥰

Last edited:
You can buy the cooling units the peltier wine coolers use. They even make them with 2 units built into one, if it will cool one of those wine coolers I would think it could do your box as well. I believe you'll have to get a power supply to go with it as well, but both can be had for less than $40 total, assuming you use a single peltier unit.

Yeah that's what I thought would be a perfect fit as well.

I think I might make one for myself they look so cool

Making a Powerful AC from Peltier| Homemade AC for Summer - YouTube

That's pretty cool(no pun intended). I might have to try this. If it works well enough I may build a drying chamber around it.

If you do this let me know how it works out. I've been reading that the effect isn't as pronounced as you would like and they are highly inefficient compared to a compressor based cooler.

Do you think that will cool a 6x8 shed about 5 degrees if needed. Im looking for something to cool my drying shed if the temps get over 70 which in october here in michigan can happen

Do you think that will cool a 6x8 shed about 5 degrees if needed. Im looking for something to cool my drying shed if the temps get over 70 which in october here in michigan can happen
From what I've read they aren't very good for larger spaces. A wine cooler is small so they work in those situations but a shed your size would be better served with a portable. Peltier is also less efficient than compressor style coolers.

How about a DIY cooler like in the link I posted previous? I would think that for the short time they'll be in the shed a DIY cooler would be a good alternative to a higher priced portable. The portable would be way more efficient and easier to use but it would be more expensive on the front end especially now that we're in the heatwave we're in. I may wait until winter to look for a dual hose portable to help keep the tent cool. Buying A/C's in the winter is your best shot at getting the best price you can. I added the VS1500 into the main tent so it's going to get hotter in there.

Hard to say, I've only read about them, no first hand experience. I Have everything I need in my AliExpress cart to make a diy water chiller for cheap that uses this same tech. But instead of air you have water go over the peltier chips.

288W Thermoelectric Air Conditioner Cooling System 12V Air Conditioner DIY Kit Peltier Refrigeration Cooler Air Conditioning Fan

All you need is one of those, matched DC power supply, DC temp controller, and a little pump. You got a hell of a chiller for around $50. Just wish I had a 3d printer to make a housing for it all.

I've been looking at getting a wine cooler & installing one of the peltier coolers as a dehumidifier inside the cooler using like an ac infinity controller 67 or something similar to moderate humidity in the cooler. I'm pretty sure that's all a cannatrol is in essence.

I found the need to invest in air conditioning here in the foothills, and couldn’t get away with a so-so unit (I tried).

I have a shed that is 6x10 feet, 7 feet high on the high side of a lean too with a 12% slope.
i installed a small roll away unit with a through the wall heat exchange vent, just couldn’t keep up. Wild swings in temp into the 90s.
I installed a window unit (500 dollars worth) and its more than sufficient to keep the shed in the mid 70s when the outside temp in over 110. I have to run a humidifier at most time because we don’t believe in humidity here!

I found the need to invest in air conditioning here in the foothills, and couldn’t get away with a so-so unit (I tried).

I have a shed that is 6x10 feet, 7 feet high on the high side of a lean too with a 12% slope.
i installed a small roll away unit with a through the wall heat exchange vent, just couldn’t keep up. Wild swings in temp into the 90s.
I installed a window unit (500 dollars worth) and its more than sufficient to keep the shed in the mid 70s when the outside temp in over 110. I have to run a humidifier at most time because we don’t believe in humidity here!
I don't remember if you insulated the shed or not. If not, insulating it will keep your A/C from having to work as hard.

I don't remember if you insulated the shed or not. If not, insulating it will keep your A/C from having to work as hard.
Oh yeah, that was a major upgrade in this shed. I went with foam with silver/Mylar coating on one side, on all walls and the ceiling. PITA putting the stuff on the ceiling, but it really made a huge difference. I plan to paint it a very light neutral tone and line the outside with rain gutter planters for insulation.
One of the greatest parts of the journey is learning what works and what doesn’t

Looks like he installed a portable A/C with two outlets cool air and exhaust side for the hot air and water to escape. The problem with this is the incoming air you have to cool down VS a window unit that is just constantly cooling the same air.

Finally cooling down here in the Zarks, high temp tomorrow is 84, now if this humidity would just drop a bit.
Spent my evening polishing silver. Joy joy..
Somedays my life is so darn exciting I can hardly handle it! 😜

This is the info on it:
Creek Walker photo feminized is an exciting new strain produced by crossing OG Glue #1 and Redbeard's Widow. It's a great balance of high sativa effects with a shorter flower time, as well as more stem rigidity in her structure. Creek Walker can double in size in flower. She produces large colas covered in greasy trichomes, great for washing. There are lots of gas smells with an earthy sweet funk towards the end of flower. Flower time is an average of 62-67 days and yields are massive. Effects are very mellow with several people reporting an increase in focus and clarity. She's great for adhd and depression.
This sounds like a really good one for me! I haven’t found many that specifically mention ADHD.

Nice, much better than me trying to build one. That's less than $40 USA = $59 CDN.......I just Amzoned here in Canada and there's a bunch at a descent price.....I don't understand how they work to cool and I'd love to see one in action before I blow another hundred on something I see as iffy.....Its really what I was looking for, a small cooling unit but will it take 90f to 62f......I'm skeptical

This sounds like a really good one for me! I haven’t found many that specifically mention ADHD.
I’d be happy to share a clone with you! Will be about 4-5 weeks before I take them. If you get set up before then, I can tell you where to get the seeds. As a matter of a fact, I’m running six new strains this round, you are welcome to any of them.
@CannaGrannysSeedling said to tell you she enjoyed the visit too 🥰 I’m still having a hard time with her moving. After her and the grandbaby being here a year and a half, I had grown quite used to them.
Anyways, love love love ya @NessaSmiles 🥰

Back
Top Bottom