Fresh roasted beans are on a whole other level of satisfying coffee imo. If you happen to find someone doing it locally, I'd definitely check them out. If not, Peet's is one of the few nationally distributed brands I've seen that puts the roasted on date on the package. Their Major Dickason's Blend is a damn good cup of joe for supermarket beans. I roast at home and that's fun too.

I’m a tea totaler
No coffee, no alcohol.
Just weed, tea.

You add a Reese’s peanut butter cup to that and it’s a great breakfast!
I like tea too... I have probably 20 plus boxes of various kinds in my cupboard. Homemade sweet tea with the secret pinch of baking soda to make it nice and smooth. People that drink unsweetened iced tea are sociopaths though. Restaurants that only have unsweetened 🙄 "you can just add the sugar" no the fuck I cannot ma'am. 🤣 We had a Chinese restaurant in town and the owner sold the legit oolong... he retired and closed and I still haven't found the perfect oolong to replace it. C'mon Po... order me some damn real Chinese oolong. 🤣

Fresh roasted beans are on a whole other level of satisfying coffee imo. If you happen to find someone doing it locally, I'd definitely check them out. If not, Peet's is one of the few nationally distributed brands I've seen that puts the roasted on date on the package. Their Major Dickason's Blend is a damn good cup of joe for supermarket beans. I roast at home and that's fun too.
I used to order from BeanBox, they had roasted on dates too. That was some of the better coffee i had for a while lol.

I used to order from BeanBox, they had roasted on dates too. That was some of the better coffee i had for a while lol.
The place I get mine from is an hour away, I go to that town at least once a month for an appointment of some kind or to hit Lowes or another store we don't have... if I miss them or forget... it ruins my whole trip. 🤣 When I worked at the bank I'd fill in out there occasionally, and the coffee roaster is right across the street and as soon as they would start roasting it wafted in every time someone opened the door to the bank or the smell would get sucked in through the drive through tubes... I was like goddammit I need to go get a coffee NOW! 🤣

The place I get mine from is an hour away, I go to that town at least once a month for an appointment of some kind or to hit Lowes or another store we don't have... if I miss them or forget... it ruins my whole trip. 🤣 When I worked at the bank I'd fill in out there occasionally, and the coffee roaster is right across the street and as soon as they would start roasting it wafted in every time someone opened the door to the bank or the smell would get sucked in through the drive through tubes... I was like goddammit I need to go get a coffee NOW! 🤣
All this fresh coffee talk...
Ordering fresh beans and a new french press Thursday. Yall are killing me over here.

Yeah, my parents water tank on theirs turns green at the bottom in like a week...
I end up getting a new coffee pot every 3 months. I put the water tank in my dishwasher every time i do dishes, and i run a descaler through the machine once a week.
This one is on its 3rd month, if it starts tasting shittier than normal its time for a new one lol.
Try running white vinegar and water through it once a moth or so. Mom used to do it at the cottage and it kept hers clean and clear. Just don’t drink it. 🤣

One of my favorite things to do on a trip or vacation is to get coffee from a little local coffee shop. Been into some really cool ones, i should have taken pictures of them and turn it into a coffee table book lol

I wish man, fresh beans are a hike for me. Nothing within 30 miles of here that i know of.
A friend of mine used to buy green beans and roast them himself. See if any of these fit your budget.

The haunted air bnb sounds way more fun. I paid 7 bucks for a 3 pound bag of potatoes today, so that doesn't surprise me at all. Shit is getting out of control. Minimum wage needs to be like 30 bucks an hour with the insane cost of everything now.
One good thing about being back up in the midwest I call it ( Michigan) is food is so much cheaper - I just paid $5 for a ten pound bag of tatted ! Eggs are like 1?50 a dozen ! It’s nice for sure !
- granny all hotels have went thru the roof ! I had same issue just finding a room on my trip up here even ran into one that was completely full of illegal, oops did I say that ,

Vinegar, descaler...all this talk reminded me of a question I had.

My humidifier gives me a weekly reminder to my phone to clean it. Been setting up this cloner and it has me thinking. You can use hydrogen peroxide in the cloner to kill off algae and shit right....so would it be ok to run a little HP in my humidifier? I clean it once a week but by the end of the week there is some build up of shit...would it be OK at the midweek point to add some HP or would it be harmful to my humidifier?

One good thing about being back up in the midwest I call it ( Michigan) is food is so much cheaper - I just paid $5 for a ten pound bag of tatted ! Eggs are like 1?50 a dozen ! It’s nice for sure !
- granny all hotels have went thru the roof ! I had same issue just finding a room on my trip up here even ran into one that was completely full of illegal, oops did I say that ,
Wow , Feel bad for others if we are cheaper on food here . It has to be outrageous elsewhere. To me food is my most expensive monthly cost

Wow , Feel bad for others if we are cheaper on food here . It has to be outrageous elsewhere. To me food is my most expensive monthly cost
Prolly is but I just came back up here from Tampa Clearwater area 3.50 a dozen eggs and those 7$ taters / I’m don’t on the Indiana border in Amish country so we buy eggs a veggies from Amish not grocery stores

Got this Amazon fire tablet to help my baby with learning to talk, figured there would be fun games or something he may get excited to learn with.

Should have figured there'd be some shit like this already loaded onto it. This is the crap I have a problem with. A kids tablet, marketed to kids. Sexualized. My son don't even know what his peepee is guess Disney is out to change that...😡🤬😡🤬🖕🖕

Anyone got any experience with these devices before it goes in the trash? 20230729_124537.jpg

My humidifier gives me a weekly reminder to my phone to clean it. Been setting up this cloner and it has me thinking. You can use hydrogen peroxide in the cloner to kill off algae and shit right....so would it be ok to run a little HP in my humidifier? I clean it once a week but by the end of the week there is some build up of shit...would it be OK at the midweek point to add some HP or would it be harmful to my humidifier?
I wash the vents and things down with alcohol and run a little peroxide thru mine seems to help keep mold and algae down

Got this Amazon fire tablet to help my baby with learning to talk, figured there would be fun games or something he may get excited to learn with.

Should have figured there'd be some shit like this already loaded onto it. This is the crap I have a problem with. A kids tablet, marketed to kids. Sexualized. My son don't even know what his peepee is guess Disney is out to change that...😡🤬😡🤬🖕🖕

Anyone got any experience with these devices before it goes in the trash? View attachment 16084
Oh shit I have a couple friends work over there as chefs and they say the place is not nearly as full as previous pride drama ! Disney in trouble in Florida ! They won’t admit it but …..

I use vinegar and a couple of paper towels tossed in to give something that'll physically rub the sides while I shake it around. I'm not sure about H2O2, vinegar works well. I'm also using only RO water in them to prevent build up of minerals that are impossible to remove. I buy 16 gal/week $7.50 during winter months when I need it.

Yup

Anyone got any experience with these devices before it goes in the trash? View attachment 16084
While I have no problem with pride or anyone's personal life choices, having it pre-installed is a bit pushy. Is it one that can't be uninstalled? Hold down in the app, does an option for uninstall pop up? I hate all the shit they come preloaded with that you can't get rid of. I got my son (7) a nice Samsung tablet for Christmas because he has never had one, glad I read some reviews and discovered there's a ridiculous amount of shit that's pre installed that you can't get rid of... meaning the advertised 16GB storage capacity is actually like 2GB because it's already damn full... so I had to shell out for a 32 GB just so there's room to add more shit. Almost made me betray android... Almost lol. Make sure you really limit how much he uses it, it's a lot for thier tiny developing brains and easy to get addicted... the best way he can learn to talk is by you guys talking to him, describe what you're doing as you're doing it, seems silly but it works... "Daddy is taking the milk out of the fridge and pouring it into a green cup" etc. We always talked to my son like he was a person too, no baby talk, did a lot of the descriptive talking... and his vocabulary was ridiculous by like 3. Also, read read and read some more! Follow with your finger when he's a toddler, it really lays the groundwork for learning to read when he's a little older. Good luck with the tablet.

While I have no problem with pride or anyone's personal life choices, having it pre-installed is a bit pushy. Is it one that can't be uninstalled? Hold down in the app, does an option for uninstall pop up? I hate all the shit they come preloaded with that you can't get rid of. I got my son (7) a nice Samsung tablet for Christmas because he has never had one, glad I read some reviews and discovered there's a ridiculous amount of shit that's pre installed that you can't get rid of... meaning the advertised 16GB storage capacity is actually like 2GB because it's already damn full... so I had to shell out for a 32 GB just so there's room to add more shit. Almost made me betray android... Almost lol. Make sure you really limit how much he uses it, it's a lot for thier tiny developing brains and easy to get addicted... the best way he can learn to talk is by you guys talking to him, describe what you're doing as you're doing it, seems silly but it works... "Daddy is taking the milk out of the fridge and pouring it into a green cup" etc. We always talked to my son like he was a person too, no baby talk, did a lot of the descriptive talking... and his vocabulary was ridiculous by like 3. Also, read read and read some more! Follow with your finger when he's a toddler, it really lays the groundwork for learning to read when he's a little older. Good luck with the tablet.
Yes. My kid had an early development speech impediment. Therapist would stick a plastic coffee stirrer in his mouth and have him speak. I was baffled at first but she said it taught his tongue how to adjust. Whatever she did it worked.

All the shovelware that gets loaded onto devices today is a product of why tablets and other computing devices are so cheap. Everyone wants cheap shit but, as I've stated before, in tech NOTHING is free. All of these apps that come with your device are there for one thing and that is to collect data on your shopping habits among other things.

Yea we do the speaking to him always, just thought it would be something fun (limited of course). Yes I agree it's just the pre-installed nature of the crap. As a kid I would have clicked anything rainbow, shit it's colorful looks fun. When it's marketed for kids, ABC mouse and shit...I find it way unacceptable. You wanna get me with that shit as an adult ok...but this is just ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom