So far things look good. Doc stuck me in a cast for a week then he's going to remove it and check on initial progress. Rehab will start after he does inspection. Before he went in we discussed how it was going to go post surgery and he told me it depended on how much damage there was. He said if it was extensive, and the cut frayed the tendons, he would need to trim the tendons clean and reattach. That would require complete immobilization of my fingers. He put me in a cast where I can wiggle my fingers so I assume the tendons were in good enough shape that he didn't need to trim them. 6 tendons that needed to be reattached.

He prescribed Hydrocodone for the pain but I only needed them for the next day after surgery. On the 3rd day weed was doing its job keeping me comfortable and pain free. I'm also hyper paranoid about opioids as friends have passed fighting their addictions so I took half doses and stopped as soon as the weed kicked in.

Hope you're not too squeamish. If it's too gross I'll take the pic down but this is what it looked like after they cleaned it up in emergency.

View attachment 19257
Boy are you lucky that was on top rather than underneath

So far things look good. Doc stuck me in a cast for a week then he's going to remove it and check on initial progress. Rehab will start after he does inspection. Before he went in we discussed how it was going to go post surgery and he told me it depended on how much damage there was. He said if it was extensive, and the cut frayed the tendons, he would need to trim the tendons clean and reattach. That would require complete immobilization of my fingers. He put me in a cast where I can wiggle my fingers so I assume the tendons were in good enough shape that he didn't need to trim them. 6 tendons that needed to be reattached.

He prescribed Hydrocodone for the pain but I only needed them for the next day after surgery. On the 3rd day weed was doing its job keeping me comfortable and pain free. I'm also hyper paranoid about opioids as friends have passed fighting their addictions so I took half doses and stopped as soon as the weed kicked in.

Hope you're not too squeamish. If it's too gross I'll take the pic down but this is what it looked like after they cleaned it up in emergency.

View attachment 19257
Damn dude. Glad all is going well so far.
You're lucky to even have a hand left man!!
I cant even imagine what thats gotta feel like.
Take it easy and heal up well and fast!

All I can say is, danm! That had to look horrible in the moment because it's pretty raw looking now!
The worst was the moment it happened I remember looking down at the cut and seeing all the cut up muscle and tendon then the whole thing started gushing blood! It was like someone put it in slo mo. That was the worst part.

I felt bad for the crew. They had to clean up all the blood and sand and restain the deck I was working on that I got blood all over!

The worst was the moment it happened I remember looking down at the cut and seeing all the cut up muscle and tendon then the whole thing started gushing blood! It was like someone put it in slo mo. That was the worst part.

I felt bad for the crew. They had to clean up all the blood and sand and restain the deck I was working on that I got blood all over!
Ouch ! ......I got a flinch pain when I saw that....I've not had that done exactly but I've had a few on the job accidents and seen a few.....hope there's no long term damage........

I sliced my hand and thumb up pretty bad at work and back when we used coins if a quarter was dropped into my hand on the wrong angle and caught the scar I'd toss the quarter & other change in a flinch move..... looking like a complete idiot like what the fk man?........change all over the place......not cool.....lol

Hoping you heal up well.
Dragged my hand across a table saw once.
No real desire to do it again.
Friend of mine back in high school lopped a thumb off with a radial arm. We were sitting around doing bong hits when his thumb flew by. Picked it up and off to the ER we all went. They reattached it. It was a clean cut.

Glad you're on the mend brother. Hope it heals up quik for you,im sure you can't wait to get back to working on your projects.good to have you back.

View attachment 19281Imma have to beg to differ this one with ya!
I was so young when that happened all I remember honestly was something he was doing for charity or something where he basically laid on the ground and rolled like a hotdog (now that I think about that part it's hella funny lol). As a kid though, I had knew he got his weenie chopped but I thought the hotdog barrel roll move was how he had to get around after losing his sausage....I thought he was handicapped and couldn't walk right 😂

View attachment 19257
Strange to say it but you’re a lucky man. Seen worse on site but not by a whole lot.

Worst I remember is bullying in shop class. Two guys bugging a new kid from the east. He was working on the plainer and teacher wasn’t paying attention. Next thing you know the kids off to nurses station and teacher is picking up finger tips. He lost three finger tips all now a bit longer than his pinky. Saw him months later and he showed me. Fucken hate bullying to this day. Used to beat bullies up when I got bigger.

Strange to say it but you’re a lucky man. Seen worse on site but not by a whole lot.

Worst I remember is bullying in shop class. Two guys bugging a new kid from the east. He was working on the plainer and teacher wasn’t paying attention. Next thing you know the kids off to nurses station and teacher is picking up finger tips. He lost three finger tips all now a bit longer than his pinky. Saw him months later and he showed me. Fucken hate bullying to this day. Used to beat bullies up when I got bigger.
I look back and almost hate my younger self. I wasn't physically abusive but my quick wit was always doggin' on kids.

Many years and a hundred plus doses of psychedelics later and I do my best to encourage everyone to the best of their abilities. Feels bad man but that's how we grow.

Nothing but love these days.

Check it out yall. Refillable carbon filters from ACI!!
Might have to get myself one, cause i have thrown like 5 away in 4 years.

I look back and almost hate my younger self. I wasn't physically abusive but my quick wit was always doggin' on kids.

Many years and a hundred plus doses of psychedelics later and I do my best to encourage everyone to the best of their abilities. Feels bad man but that's how we grow.

Nothing but love these days.
Dude I hear ya, in high-school we had a clique called the "kings of crush" and we just solely crushed souls...horrible

Back
Top Bottom