Millennials, they no longer leave home. 😝
I know they are mean! They poop a lot too!
I had to beat one down with a rod and reel one time. We, the goose and I were at Lake Wappapello fishing. A storm moved in so I got my chair tacklebox small cooler and rod n reel and headed to my truck. A big goose came out from behind my truck and would not allow me to get close to it. In the meantime the storm, a bad one, is rolling right on in. I NEED to be in my truck and moving away from the lake.
I HAD to swing on that thing repeatedly using my rod like a whip.
There I was swinging that rod n reel like a whip, throw an item in the bed. Whip the goose, throw something else in the truck. Now, all of its in the bed of the truck and I still have to get in. I love animals, even the undesirables..but I had to beat the shit outta that huge honking bird to get in my truck! As I got in my truck (no easy chore as I have a rod in my hand) and headed out this thing was chasing my truck!
I saw a truck had come in, a park service person. He was bent over double laughing as I went by. I stopped backed up, flipped him off..he was STILL laughing as I drove off.
So, I say..Feck geese! Anddddd park service personnel!

Na they bug us too. Fill grass school yards and parks. Cross roads in mass blocking traffic. Argh.

I only learned a few years ago that they are no longer protected. Not sure I’d eat one. I’ve seen what they eat up here. 🤮🤢
I make jerky out of Canadian geese for the dogs. Speckle Belly Geese are decent table fare. Snow geese are so so, depends how they are prepared.

View attachment 19645

These are since last time, about 3 days ago. 24 leaves mostly from bottom locations. A few a bit higher up. None from top 12”.

View attachment 19653View attachment 19654View attachment 19655

I’m hoping this is normal but I’ve never grown outdoors before. I bumped the feeding to 7-14-23 the last two feedings as I thought N was to low.

She’s at approximately day 27 of flower.

View attachment 19656View attachment 19657

Hate to screw it up now. For all I know it’s the two weeks of rain, heat and high humidity juxtaposed with cold and dry this week?
i pulled about 300 leaves today, some yellow and green big fan leaves. I thinks its normal here for me to have some yellow leaves unless they have spots then that might be a bacteria lor fungal problem. Defoliating the green leaves takes a while. Getting more light into the canopy is important plus increases airflow.

I had to beat one down with a rod and reel one time. We, the goose and I were at Lake Wappapello fishing. A storm moved in so I got my chair tacklebox small cooler and rod n reel and headed to my truck. A big goose came out from behind my truck and would not allow me to get close to it. In the meantime the storm, a bad one, is rolling right on in. I NEED to be in my truck and moving away from the lake.
There I was swinging that rod n reel like a whip, throw an item in the bed. Whip the goose, throw something else in the truck. Now, all of its in the bed of the truck and I still have to get in. I love animals, even the undesirables..but I had to beat the shit outta that huge honking bird to get in my truck! As I got in my truck (no easy chore as I have a rod in my hand) and headed out this thing was chasing my truck!
I saw a truck had come in, a park service person. He was bent over double laughing as I went by. I stopped backed up, flipped him off..he was STILL laughing as I drove off.
Sometimes you just have to assert dominance. Me and my gander (years ago) had to go a few rounds several different times. I loved that big dufus but he loved my little ducks a little too much. For some reason he wasn't all that attracted to the couple females we had. He was always trying to mate the ducks but it was more like drowning them.

My favorite match was the time I sprinted out after him and he saw me coming and opened up his wings but as I planted to stop, my feet kept going. I slammed onto my back with his neck in hand. He beat the crap out of me but I got ahold of him. He received quite the tongue lashing on the way to the barn.

I was in Hawaii one year with my wife and 12 year old son on Molokai. We we're walking to some water falls in a state park on a jungle trail and we came upon a group of 4 people and a pair of barking snarling pair of dogs, Shepard like and a few yards past that an old structure / house...

They were also on the way to the falls but couldn't get past the dogs, they'd tried to go around and through the jungle but the dogs wouldn't let them......

I grabbed a 3 - 4 ft piece of would / stick and I marched towards the dogs and I whacked hard tree hard yelling get the fk out of my way and just kept marching threating with the stick....the dogs backed away barking and growling but we all walked past them.......

When we got up to the structure there were 4/5 locals boys hanging out having a good time I guess.....they knew what was going on and must have been laughing about it.........

had I whacked a dog with my stick I think I'd be dead 4/5 big local Hawaiians don't like Haole's walking through their area anyways...park or no park....as it was they just eyeballed us walking by and gave us an uneasy feeling....worse than the dogs.

The 4 others that we had met up with when we got to the falls and made sure they came back with us...lol....they'd have been there over night...lol......when we got to the building there was no one there and we all got back to our cars safely....

I was in Hawaii one year with my wife and 12 year old son on Molokai. We we're walking to some water falls in a state park on a jungle trail and we came upon a group of 4 people and a pair of barking snarling pair of dogs, Shepard like and a few yards past that an old structure / house...

They were also on the way to the falls but couldn't get past the dogs, they'd tried to go around and through the jungle but the dogs wouldn't let them......

I grabbed a 3 - 4 ft piece of would / stick and I marched towards the dogs and I whacked hard tree hard yelling get the fk out of my way and just kept marching threating with the stick....the dogs backed away barking and growling but we all walked past them.......

When we got up to the structure there were 4/5 locals boys hanging out having a good time I guess.....they knew what was going on and must have been laughing about it.........

had I whacked a dog with my stick I think I'd be dead 4/5 big local Hawaiians don't like Haole's walking through their area anyways...park or no park....as it was they just eyeballed us walking by and gave us an uneasy feeling....worse than the dogs.

The 4 others that we had met up with when we got to the falls and made sure they came back with us...lol....they'd have been there over night...lol......when we got to the building there was no one there and we all got back to our cars safely....
I thought I'd revisit the falls via Google
1693678919987.png1693679005222.png
1693678865599.png

Doesn't fool the one's around here. They added two swans to a local lake who have since popped out a youngin or two. They're all homies now.
If the swans are still hanging around, they're not tundra swans, they're probably mute swans. Tundra swans are going to migrate. They're big birds. When you see them flying, they look too big to fly, but they're up there anyway, defying the laws of gravity.

If the bill is orange-yellow, it's a mute. If it's black, it's a tundra swan or a trumpeter swan, which is even bigger.

If the swans are still hanging around, they're not tundra swans, they're probably mute swans. Tundra swans are going to migrate. They're big birds. When you see them flying, they look too big to fly, but they're up there anyway, defying the laws of gravity.

If the bill is orange-yellow, it's a mute. If it's black, it's a tundra swan or a trumpeter swan, which is even bigger.
99.9% of the swans around here in NY are mute swans. Cooler than geese but still annoying lol. Cool to watch tho.

Yeah they're mutes and they do better at chasing off the local kids just trying to fish than they do the geese. Blue-green algae has overrun the place.

We get the trumpeter swans in the field by me, noisy bastards lol

We get the trumpeter swans in the field by me, noisy bastards lol
You wanna hear noisy? Watch a couple hundred thousand snow geese come off their roost at sunrise heading for the pea fields to eat. Magnificent sight to witness. Having thousands tornado down into your decoy spread is an adrenaline rush you won’t forget. Then it’s take em time and the doors fly open on the layout blind. My dogs love it. One of them snatched a snow mid flight after it landed about 10 yards from us before it realized all the decoys it landed in were just that. Here is the dog that snatched one mid flight. This was in Saskatchewan near the twin lakes.

Attachments

• IMG_0308.jpeg
    IMG_0308.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0304.jpeg
    IMG_0304.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
I’m the consumer standing there with my arms crossed, saying “you’re gonna fix that, RIGHT?”…
Made a nice chunk of change doing patchwork for sparkies and plumbers when things got slow. I got so busy I brought in a couple of HS kids to help me and taught them the Ways of the Mud. They got real good at it so I set them up with a bunch of my contacts and let them manage their own business. I still get calls and texts from them. They have a full blown construction company now.

Got our own first Cannabis growers show case happening today in Saratoga~!

🥳🥳🥳🥳

Got our own first Cannabis growers show case happening today in Saratoga~!

🥳🥳🥳🥳
Its gonna be every sunday and Tuesday right?
I was thinking about taking a drive next weekend.

Its gonna be every sunday and Tuesday right?
I was thinking about taking a drive next weekend.
Yea I think every Tues/ Sunday from noon till 6.
Let me know if you head up, we could meet up.(y)
They are going to ID everyone going in and only accept card payments [ no cash]...
That may keep me from going in?
I know they don't give a crap anymore, but I still remember when NYS decided giving away free color TVS was more efficient than serving warrants~! :unsure:

Yea I think every Tues/ Sunday from noon till 6.
Let me know if you head up, we could meet up.(y)
They are going to ID everyone going in and only accept card payments [ no cash]...
That may keep me from going in?
I know they don't give a crap anymore, but I still remember when NYS decided giving away free color TVS was more efficient than serving warrants~! :unsure:
Im cool with the ID part, but really, no cash?!
I was thinking about taking a trip up this coming sunday just to see what its all about.

No cash is a big thing for me also.
I have cards and use them on no no stuff on Amazon whenever, but don't like the idea when cash should work.
Not worried about being tracked, if I was I would share much less in places like this.
Just another example of the money grab [ taxes ] from NYS.
I donate enough already to the shit show IMO.

I’m the consumer standing there with my arms crossed, saying “you’re gonna fix that, RIGHT?”…
What is hard to get? electricians do electrical stuff...dry wallers do dry wall stuff, carpenters do carpenter stuff........I had a job in the ship yard to run wires under a new deck so I needed a welder to cut holes and insert connector's a pipe fitter to make & place the connectors , a stagger to move the staging and a labourer to clean up the mess and a carpenter if I needed any wood cut

I get into residential wiring and you all want me to do everything.....cut holes??? fix dry wall???? cut a 2x4???...sweep????.......ever see an electrician walking around looking at things????? we do thinking stuff.... that's why we get the big bucks.......🤣🤣🤣🤣

Electricians are the biggest non cleaners I have ever seen continuously get away with it on commercial sites.
The logic behind it I am told is " do you want to pay an electrician to clean up or a cheap ass laborer?"
When I clean up I am paid whatever class of work I am doing.
You could be paying me $32 an hour, $110 an hour or anywhere in-between~! ;)

Electricians are the biggest non cleaners I have ever seen continuously get away with it on commercial sites.
The logic behind it I am told is " do you want to pay an electrician to clean up or a cheap ass laborer?"
When I clean up I am paid whatever class of work I am doing.
You could be paying me $32 an hour, $110 an hour or anywhere in-between~! ;)
I sweep but it's mostly because everyone thinks we don't. But the logic is... the floor guys are gonna have to sweep anyway sooo....

Back
Top Bottom