What did you do for a living pre retirement?

Btw your seeds a grove bag and a germinator shipped out to you usps on Monday. Got seeds from @MysticEpipedon and @CannaGranny and a couple from me. Grape runtz is a keeper. So sticky. Presses real nice.
I was an electrician for 20 years I worked in a hospital in maintenance for 9 and we owned a small mom & pop video / convenience store for 17 yrs...We travelled south every year for 25+ years only missed 2002 after the towers went down we skipped that March following the turmoil.

I was an electrician for 20 years I worked in a hospital in maintenance for 9 and we owned a small mom & pop video / convenience store for 17 yrs...We travelled south every year for 25+ years only missed 2002 after the towers went down we skipped that March following the turmoil.
Did you sweep up after yourself? For some reason everyone acts surprised when I pick up a broom 🤣

Did you sweep up after yourself? For some reason everyone acts surprised when I pick up a broom 🤣
Well yes, that was in training.....you don't go leaving a mess behind......That was in the hospital but most of my work was construction...high rises, warehouse, Apartment blocks, A lot of homes when I worked in California, track homes.

Then when I was in Hawaii i got a job with Windjammer cruises doing some rewiring after a storm ripped the sht out of the Bridge and canopy...(tourist boat ) they then bought a 110ft pirate ship that needed upgrading and rewiring.

After we ( girl friend) were back in Vancouver i started working on ships...from fishing boats @ BC packers - new Coast guard ships @ Burrard Yarrows Vancouver....The love Boat, & BC ferries in dry dock in Victoria BC....They cut the ships in half and raised the deck for another level of cars.....

I worked with the temp power & ventilation crew supplying power and fans for the sub trades and welders....all the double time I could handle....I drank & smoked away a lot of money in the early 80's

I went to my parents house tonight.
My mother bought my father a 2012 6 speed supercharged 5.0 mustang... my dad let me drive it and holy shit, 800hp is something of another world.
I was in a happy place 😊

I sometimes get people who insist on tipping me, even forcing money into a shirt pocket if I tell them no. They must just see a skinny old man in dirty old clothes, slaving away for The Man.

Meteorological fall begins today, Sept 1. It’s raining and cold here in the northern half of kalifornia!

I’m still in the dry section, but there is a pretty impressive storm moving down the left coast!

This year, storms have over-performed at every opportunity, I think this is going to be another!
Summer doesn't end until the hummingbirds are gone.

IMG_4662.jpeg

These are since last time, about 3 days ago. 24 leaves mostly from bottom locations. A few a bit higher up. None from top 12”.

IMG_4660.jpegIMG_4659.jpegIMG_4661.jpeg

I’m hoping this is normal but I’ve never grown outdoors before. I bumped the feeding to 7-14-23 the last two feedings as I thought N was to low.

She’s at approximately day 27 of flower.

IMG_4663.jpegIMG_4664.jpeg

Hate to screw it up now. For all I know it’s the two weeks of rain, heat and high humidity juxtaposed with cold and dry this week?

I always say Canadians store their hate in the geese.
I'm moving slowly in the pipe making direction again...I have some wood, I ordered a new bench grinder / polishing wheel.....I'm going to up grade my pipes by using acrylic pipe stems and polishing them. I have only been using oil on them but the shine fades after a while and I think the acrylic is better to draw from.

As soon as my 5x5 is done and my plants are dry I can start making dust fly......I'll only have some babies going then and I won't have to worry about smoking walnut or bubinga...

There's a pond in my neighborhood where someone put a couple of tundra swan decoys and a coyote decoy on land. The geese don't like it, at all. I think it's the tundra swans that worry them.
Doesn't fool the one's around here. They added two swans to a local lake who have since popped out a youngin or two. They're all homies now.

View attachment 19645

These are since last time, about 3 days ago. 24 leaves mostly from bottom locations. A few a bit higher up. None from top 12”.

View attachment 19653View attachment 19654View attachment 19655

I’m hoping this is normal but I’ve never grown outdoors before. I bumped the feeding to 7-14-23 the last two feedings as I thought N was to low.

She’s at approximately day 27 of flower.

View attachment 19656View attachment 19657

Hate to screw it up now. For all I know it’s the two weeks of rain, heat and high humidity juxtaposed with cold and dry this week?
Mornin @Zen_seeker !
So, are you pulling these off or are they falling off like this?

Doesn't fool the one's around here. They added two swans to a local lake who have since popped out a youngin or two. They're all homies now.
Yeah I tried that stuff with a decoy owl. Big barred owl came in, saw her and fell in love with her. He has courted her, bit the tips of her ears off, knocks her over and I shudder to think what else..

Mornin @Zen_seeker !
So, are you pulling these off or are they falling off like this?
Good afternoon @CannaGranny

I used to wait for them to drop but they get harder to fish out sometimes so I pick them now. No more rotting hungup.

This morning two or three yellow/brown were detached the rest I plucked but the yellow had no resistance. The green ‘ish leaves I give a sharp tug. If they resist I move on.

Back
Top Bottom