The wooly worms are solid black too. The persimmons have spoons in them. Crazy thing tho.. the hornet nests are low. Goes against all the other signs.
The weather on the first full day after the equinox change is a indication of what your weather will be like for that season

been staying under a blanket for this whole week whenever i'm not warm enough to get the work done i need. this fever won't leave me be unless i drop 1000mg acetaminophen and 500mg ibuprofen every six hours.

G$ call the health dept when you're well enough to do so. Report the restaurant. They take that shit hella seriously. I got food poisoning from mod pizza and arby's in Vancouver, WA, and called both times to report it. They get pretty aggressive about communication and your condition, but it's a real public health risk. Three bites, that's not just bad meat. That was bad handling, or worse.
Why are you running a constant fever?

Gmorning all @tobh Gee's man that sounds like you may need antibiotics, Too many days without improvement is not good. I had a shit June from some bug that lingered if it wasn't for the antibiotics I'd have been toe's up 6ft under. See a Dr. tell him Pipe says I need the anti biotics to fix me up.

Mornin all you Menz!
Damn cool in the Ozarks this morning! Actually running heat last night. This is normally mid October weather. Tells me to get busy restocking the pantry. That will take a good three days. Making lists, moving stock to the front then a 160 mile round trip to the grocery. I normally do this mid October, but these cold ass nights have me thinking of it now. At any rate, a job I am always glad to see completed!
The sickest I have ever been from fast food..a sausage pizza from Godfather’s. Three days in the hospital and another seven at home. I lost 22 lbs and basically swore off of eating for a long time. Now, I have a sort of phobia about eating out.

Why are you running a constant fever?
well, i thought it was strep initially, but that turned out not to be the case. When I talked with the doc on Wednesday, he basically shrugged and said "i dunno what it is, so just treat the fever with tylenol and ibuprofen, alternate every few hours." which is awesome, because now I'm waking up at 4AM running at 103F, this morning it was 104F, and don't have the energy to go get the pills let alone choke em down.

So I just ride it out until the fever starts to taper around 7AM and then try to choke some pills down. this is where it gets real fun -- then the tylenol and ibuprofen break the fever and i literally just sweat. for. hours. No reason to be sweating either, but I just am. it's disgusting. I look like freaking a pale aquaman in the mirror, all glisteny and shiny with bags under my eyes lol.

If it's not gone by Wednesday, I'm going back in and telling him do whatever tests he needs to figure out wtf this is because I've never had a sore throat last more than a few days, let alone a fever that's going on day 8 today.

well, i thought it was strep initially, but that turned out not to be the case. When I talked with the doc on Wednesday, he basically shrugged and said "i dunno what it is, so just treat the fever with tylenol and ibuprofen, alternate every few hours." which is awesome, because now I'm waking up at 4AM running at 103F, this morning it was 104F, and don't have the energy to go get the pills let alone choke em down.

So I just ride it out until the fever starts to taper around 7AM and then try to choke some pills down. this is where it gets real fun -- then the tylenol and ibuprofen break the fever and i literally just sweat. for. hours. No reason to be sweating either, but I just am. it's disgusting. I look like freaking a pale aquaman in the mirror, all glisteny and shiny with bags under my eyes lol.

If it's not gone by Wednesday, I'm going back in and telling him do whatever tests he needs to figure out wtf this is because I've never had a sore throat last more than a few days, let alone a fever that's going on day 8 today.
That’s a long time to be running a fever like that with no definitive answers. One of the side effects with Covid for men is severe night sweats. But, many more things can manifest that as well.
Please don’t wait til Wednesday, get on the phone and be seen today. He blew you off as a mystery illness possibly strep. I assure you he did not mean for you not to return, if it did not right itself within a few days.

Green Crack, A Runtz and a Trainwrck to start, I 'll need 6 and I'm not sure how many different strains I want. I might just settle with those 3 but I'll know better after the drop into water is done. I can change my mind in a flash.
I grew one called Runtz Wreck last round. A cross between Runtz and Trainwreck. After a good cure…ohhhh goodness what tasty hard hitting flower!

I grew one called Runtz Wreck last round. A cross between Runtz and Trainwreck. After a good cure…ohhhh goodness what tasty hard hitting flower!
I can't remember which Runtz I have, I've them all locked up together, I'll pull them out tonight to soak what I need. I know I've others I just received I'd like to try but my fuzzy grey can't recall them right now.

That’s a long time to be running a fever like that with no definitive answers. One of the side effects with Covid for men is severe night sweats. But, many more things can manifest that as well.
Please don’t wait til Wednesday, get on the phone and be seen today. He blew you off as a mystery illness possibly strep. I assure you he did not mean for you not to return, if it did not right itself within a few days.
yes ma'am. i'll get my butt in gear and see what their schedule is today. doing some googling, my symptoms are aligning with mono pretty accurately, and given I have two young kids in school, it would not be far fetched to assume those shitheads brought something like that home.

yes ma'am. i'll get my butt in gear and see what their schedule is today. doing some googling, my symptoms are aligning with mono pretty accurately, and given I have two young kids in school, it would not be far fetched to assume those shitheads brought something like that home.
Well it’s time! Thank you! My Sister got mono from her grand kids! Said she didn’t even get a kiss! 😂
Glad you are searching for answers. If the body can’t overcome something alone meaning sans antibiotics in 4-5 days it’s not likely too. That profusely sweating lends to dehydration which makes the fight even harder and the fever higher.
Take care of yourself! 🙂

Well it’s time! Thank you! My Sister got mono from her grand kids! Said she didn’t even get a kiss! 😂
Glad you are searching for answers. If the body can’t overcome something alone meaning sans antibiotics in 4-5 days it’s not likely too. That profusely sweating lends to dehydration which makes the fight even harder and the fever higher.
Take care of yourself! 🙂
yeah, dehydration is my primary concern. I tend to drink roughly two gallons of water a day as it is, i've just bumped those numbers up as best as i can given my throat is so swollen it's hard to swallow anything. gotta keep fluids moving, pain or no pain though. been hospitalized too many times due to dehydration, that's never a fun trip.

however, even if it is mono, there's nothing they can do since we don't really have antiviral drugs. it's just gotta run its course, which can be anywhere from four weeks to six months. good times!

yeah, dehydration is my primary concern. I tend to drink roughly two gallons of water a day as it is, i've just bumped those numbers up as best as i can given my throat is so swollen it's hard to swallow anything. gotta keep fluids moving, pain or no pain though. been hospitalized too many times due to dehydration, that's never a fun trip.

however, even if it is mono, there's nothing they can do since we don't really have antiviral drugs. it's just gotta run its course, which can be anywhere from four weeks to six months. good times!
I got mono my senior year and kicked it in a week but my thyroid has been swollen ever since. A buddy of mine was bedridden for six months with it. It kicked his ass. Here's to at least some sort of recovery, since a speedy one is out the window now. 104 fevers are about as high as possible before you start to fry your brain. I'm with Granny. Get back to the doc and get a second opinion if he tries to shrug it off again. Sheisty fuckers.

Last edited:
Take care of yourself! 🙂
Birthday cake is bad bad, the little snot heads spray their little cooties all over it, the younger are the worst, more spit than wind ..........................and ........have a piece of my birthday cake grandpa, ...........ah thanks for the death wish little one but gag me no, come on gpa, no, you and your cooties are trying to kill me no.

Have you taken a covid test yet? I almost never get sick but got the same symptoms you have last week. Not as serious but same symptoms nonetheless. Took a covid test to make sure and came up neg but even my doc asked me to take one after he heard my symptoms. Since I'm already down from almost cutting my hand off I was already sleeping a lot along with GF rationing what I ate and drank(No Beer...😣) so I was able to bounce back after about a week.

Treated myself to a new grinder yesterday, and it showed up today!
20230918_214030.jpg
I havent bought a new one in 4 years and the last one i bought was 12 bucks.
This was 10 bucks and i desperately needed a new grinder. My old one was shotttttt, 20230918_214256.jpgas you can see its missing teeth and has flat spots from being left on the roof of my car when i took off... lol

Another hot chocolate night on the front porch 😋 This crazy assed global warming is freezing my arse off! cough cough ..
Anybody do anything exciting today? I did! I managed to get around and water and feed my ladies. After a week of being down, it actually was exciting! Funny all those little things we take for granted and bitch about.
@Shaded is back! Happy to see him!
@tobh is sick and still diagnosing himself… 🤦‍♀️ (hope he called a Dr.)
@Pipecarver is prepping to harvest and pop seed
@Moe.Red is buying new seed
@GoodShit97 is recovering from food poisoning and his wife said no more seeds til he plants some.
@SiamSam is slowly recovering from lower back probs
@Franksta is around hiding out in the woods
@Rootsruler is kinna shhhhh today, look out! He’s healing up.
@steamroller is still popping in at odd hours of the day, 3 am my time. He operates on his own timeline.
@smoke is around in the shadows, quietly having my back deleting duplicate posts
News from the Corner today…

Another hot chocolate night on the front porch 😋 This crazy assed global warming is freezing my arse off! cough cough ..
Anybody do anything exciting today? I did! I managed to get around and water and feed my ladies. After a week of being down, it actually was exciting! Funny all those little things we take for granted and bitch about.
@Shaded is back! Happy to see him!
@tobh is sick and still diagnosing himself… 🤦‍♀️ (hope he called a Dr.)
@Pipecarver is prepping to harvest and pop seed
@Moe.Red is buying new seed
@GoodShit97 is recovering from food poisoning and his wife said no more seeds til he plants some.
@SiamSam is slowly recovering from lower back probs
@Franksta is around hiding out in the woods
@Rootsruler is kinna shhhhh today, look out! He’s healing up.
@steamroller is still popping in at odd hours of the day, 3 am my time. He operates on his own timeline.
@smoke is around in the shadows, quietly having my back deleting duplicate posts
News from the Corner today…
First time anyones said I'm too shhhhh..... 🤣

Back
Top Bottom