Funny thing you mention Al Capone. My wifes grandfather is the brother of Al's father or something along those lines. Ive only seen the family tree once so i don't remember exact but they are related in some way or another.
I know right where Malone is, spent every day for 6 weeks wiring a house up there with my father.

ADKs have awesome history and its such a beautiful place to be/live. I love going up to lake champlain for a few hours and then hiking halfway up a mountain and camping for the night. Its so peaceful up there.
Yes definitely an outdoor lover's paradise... assuming you also like snow lol.

I used to race BMX and i always wanted to get into mountain biking but now i have 2 kids and life is expensive so its just gonna have to wait until im like 40. Hopefully im still in good enough condition by them. Its something ive always wanted to do so i will do it before i die, even if it kills me i shit you not.
My kids weee big in bmx in the early 2000’s both weee pretty decent this was our best national finish

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Morning all of yiz!
Beautiful day in the Ozarks. Sixty two and sunny, a hot cup o’ Java on the south porch. A nice harvest hanging to dry.. life is good good in the woods hood!
Im still worried about @Pipecarver. Way too quiet for him.
Seeing a lot of familiar names popping up over here 🥰. Amazing since the wanker has banned the words Bud and builder from pvt not so pvt convos! I’m still laughing this morning over not being able to say Bud in pvt on a weed forum 😂🤣😂😅🥲😂🤣.

One of my old roomates wife used to work for Mongoose in the 90's. It was my roomies B-Day and I remember the day she came home with a super lite bike that John Tomac used when he competed. Not the actual bike but the same frame. IIRC, it was made from chrome moly?
Never had the money to make it to the Grands.
I was regional champion though 🏆
Which was cool
Very kool ! And we didn’t either there were times the bikes on the back weee worth more than the van ! Lol but super fun

Morning all of yiz!
Beautiful day in the Ozarks. Sixty two and sunny, a hot cup o’ Java on the south porch. A nice harvest hanging to dry.. life is good good in the woods hood!
Im still worried about @Pipecarver. Way too quiet for him.
Seeing a lot of familiar names popping up over here 🥰. Amazing since the wanker has banned the words Bud and builder from pvt not so pvt convos! I’m still laughing this morning over not being able to say Bud in pvt on a weed forum 😂🤣😂😅🥲😂🤣.

See the way around that is message somebody and say go to Mud Guilders.org. Just swap the M for a B and the G for another B and you'll be there. And maybe a follow up and say sorry to make you think of eunuchs with "guilder", but one did start all this, so it is appropriate. ;)

Very kool ! And we didn’t either there were times the bikes on the back weee worth more than the van ! Lol but super fun
Yeah man, i raced 20" class and 24" cruiser class, as well as my older brother, so my parents put down at least 20k just in bikes... absolutely ridiculous man but it was sooo much fun, i wouldnt trade it for anything.

We have some old mines close to here that are cool to explore, dangerous as hell though. Legend has it Al Capone and some other gangsters buried treasure somewhere up there. He was a regular in this area due to prohibition and his lucrative smuggling empire and our close proximity to the Canadian border. Dutch Schultz, another notorious gangster, actually had his second tax evasion trial in Malone, which is the closet town to me and the county seat, after his trial in Syracuse had a hung jury. Some think he buried a Hoard somewhere in the ADK as well. Cool history up here... and I definitely looked for the lost treasure as a teen... thankfully I didn't fall down a mine shaft.
I grew up about a mile from one of his many hideout in Illinois. His out shed area is now the sportsman club that I was booted from a few years ago. Lots of fighting and general drunkenness. Plus a bunch idiots I grew up around. We used to collect cone top beer cans there as a kid. Shell casing and such

The house has a dock on the river where they had gitaway boats and more hideouts downstream I think it's a pretty major one because of it's location just outside of Chicago

Basically a shooting range/ cheap outdoor bar in the woods by the river in cherry valley Illinois.

Plus I'm persona non grata ..

I'm not welcome at the Hells Angels headquarters in Rockford either

Last edited:
I don't have much much expectations for others besides not being a thief or a liar.... While acting like your a friend

Other than that, what's coming out of people's mouth better match their actions or there's gonna be a confrontation period. Dirty for dirty

I see holding others to account as a moral imperative

I don't have much much expectations for others besides not being a thief or a liar.... While acting like your a friend

Other than that, what's coming out of people's mouth better match their actions or there's gonna be a confrontation period.

I see holding others to account as a moral imperative
Isnt everybody accountable?

@CannaGranny has Dean1964 made it over yet? I left him a message over the weekend. He just responded today ... I know he's looking forward to your help with his scrog.
Haven’t seen him yet. Thanks @MiGrampa ! We were right in the middle of it all. I’m surprised they didn’t boot him as he kept putting up threads asking what happened, where was everybody? Instead of answering, they would just delete his thread.

Haven’t seen him yet. Thanks @MiGrampa ! We were right in the middle of it all. I’m surprised they didn’t boot him as he kept putting up threads asking what happened, where was everybody? Instead of answering, they would just delete his thread.
Yes, I saw that. He got pretty frustrated. I was extremely happy to see his response.Dean1963.jpg

Last edited:
We have some old mines close to here that are cool to explore, dangerous as hell though. Legend has it Al Capone and some other gangsters buried treasure somewhere up there. He was a regular in this area due to prohibition and his lucrative smuggling empire and our close proximity to the Canadian border. Dutch Schultz, another notorious gangster, actually had his second tax evasion trial in Malone, which is the closet town to me and the county seat, after his trial in Syracuse had a hung jury. Some think he buried a Hoard somewhere in the ADK as well. Cool history up here... and I definitely looked for the lost treasure as a teen... thankfully I didn't fall down a mine shaft.
Back around when you were born, or maybe before, Geraldo Rivera was earnestly working to completely destroy any remnant of his dignity, when he hosted a special on television called The Mystery of Al Capone's Vaults.

The "vaults" were alcoves in the basement of a building he once owned that had been bricked up and sealed off. After several weeks of hype on whichever of the Big 3 networks aired the show, America sat down to watch. Surely if there was no loot, there would be human remains, right? I mean, shit, it's Al Capone we're talking about! Break out the bong and gather 'round!

Well, after about an hour about how bad Al Capone and his gang was, and the kinds of horrors or riches that were likely behind the walls, they finally started taking down the walls. To make a long story short, (the show was 2 hours long), there was nothing but construction debris behind the walls. Before I wandered off, little Bobcats were scooping the crap out. No treasure, no mummified remains, skeletons or Halloween decorations were found.

The funny thing was, I was in grad school at the time, and the next day at work, it turned out a lot of the professors also watched the show, and without benefit of a bong!

Well, after about an hour about how bad Al Capone and his gang was, and the kinds of horrors or riches that were likely behind the walls, they finally started taking down the walls.
He actually used to buy shows and toys for all the kids in the town when he was in the area.

Back
Top Bottom