Gmorning, funny we're doing the same thing today. into Halifax , Costco lunch, Lee Valley tools, I need a new band saw, just shopping not buying as yet. I ordered 2 blocks of Olive wood from Etzy. I was....lol...just shopping and I couldn't resist. I see a few olive wood bowls in my future.View attachment 24961
My sister swears by Lee Valley but I find they are very expensive. They do seem to carry a lot of harder to find items. Haven’t been to the store in a few years.

I’m guessing you’re after some hand tools or chisels? My papa used to whittle his pipes on the cottage porch after dinner. Didn’t even seem to watch what he was doing. But the wood slowly took shape while the shavings piled up at his feet. IIRC he drilled the two holes then carved the rest with his pocket knives.

Morning all.

Cold, damp, and chill. Kind of day you stick an arm out from under the covers and decide to roll over and keep warm.

If you’re lucky you can squeeze out a fart and buy 30 more minutes before you have to get up and go pee. Just don’t pull the covers up to high…accidentally giving yourself a Dutch oven. 😝

Didn’t get much sleep…sorry.

• Deleted by Observer
Show…
Morning all.

Cold, damp, and chill. Kind of day you stick an arm out from under the covers and decide to roll over and keep warm.

If you’re lucky you can squeeze out a fart and buy 30 more minutes before you have to get up and go pee. Just don’t pull the covers up to high…accidentally giving yourself a Dutch oven. 😝

Didn’t get much sleep…sorry.
Idk why but this reminded me of George Carlin talking about evacuating a plane and how the seat is an inflatable device "like that's how I wanna die clinging to a cushion full of beer farts" lol

Bob the builder theme stuck in my head, kids. I make my own version bud builders can you build it? Bud builders yes we can!

Excited for what Moe is putting together. Nice to see the creativity and ease of function come together. Genius.

As for what I'm building today, a lung room around my veg tent finally thought out my plan gonna wing one part of it when I get to that point (filling gap between joists in basement). Not doing it for environmental control, more so for light control

Hope everyone has a good productive day 🤘

When storm water gushes out of the sewers I am wondering if Godzilla is not following closely. Little monsoon has to come in sooner or l8er.

Attachments

• 20231011_133738.jpg
    20231011_133738.jpg
    902.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20231011_133529.jpg
    20231011_133529.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 5
Morning all ya Menz!
Awful quiet over here on the corner this morning. I’ve already had coffee this morning, wrote the gas man a big check and have been schooled on Promix. Apparently it does not create channels in the bags, drains perfectly and has zero problems. Damn guess I should have been using it all along. Ummmm nope, I’ll just stick with what I know and what works for me.
When someone has a problem in here and we all come together to help, it does not help when we argue amongst ourselves. We are all open for discussion, I guess it’s just the manner in which it is done.
I’m always open to new ideas, to hear of your experiences and outcomes, I’m not open to someone just out and out trying to put the boots of an idiot on my feet. This will instantly put a good case of red ass on me. It’s all in the way one comes across.
All I’m going to say about this. This happens again, sadly everyone will be exposed to my mouth and an episode of Granny Gone Wild.
Off to the range today, have a shoot on Sunday. It’s also the Hubby’s birthday 🎂
Catch up with yiz this evening 😍
Hope everyone has a rocking day!IMG_1336.jpeg

Last edited:
Morning all ya Menz!
Awful quiet over here on the corner this morning. I’ve already had coffee this morning, wrote the gas man a big check and have been schooled on Promix. Apparently it does not create channels in the bags, drains perfectly and has zero problems. Damn guess I should have been using it all along. Ummmm nope, I’ll just stick with what I know and what works for me.
When someone has a problem in here and we all come together to help, it does not help when we argue amongst ourselves. We are all open for discussion, I guess it’s just the manner in which it is done.
I’m always open to new ideas, to hear of your experiences and outcomes, I’m not open to someone just out and out trying to put the boots of an idiot on my feet. This will instantly put a good case of red ass on me. It’s all in the way one comes across.
All I’m going to say about this. This happens again, sadly everyone will be exposed to my mouth and an episode of Granny Gone Wild.
Off to the range today, have a shoot on Sunday. It’s also the Hubby’s birthday 🎂
Catch up with yiz this evening 😍
Hope everyone has a rocking day!View attachment 25119
I've noticed that we seem to be able to agree in the most verbally raucous manner, and disagreements are even funner!

Ever feel like you're herding cats?

Hey I posted my process of todays work on my pagehttps://budbuilders.org/threads/pipecarver-with-a-spiderfarmer-g3000-over-auto-pots-in-a-3x3.166/page-11#post-42258
I got 2 doneView attachment 24860
My buddy Mike does fine furniture. You may be interested in some of his work. Lots of japanese style joinery and stuff.

My buddy Mike does fine furniture. You may be interested in some of his work. Lots of japanese style joinery and stuff.

Ya that's wood working carpentry, I don't do tape measures or cut accurately with my tools. Nothing is square, my table saw will not cut at 90* its off no matter how I set it, My chop saw the same way 88* cuts throw everything out of square. I use my eyeballs only making pipes, and now my bandsaw is fked. I'm going to try some electrical tape over the tires and see if that will help stretch my band but its a shot in the dark I don't see it doing enough to help but before I toss it in the dumpster I gotta try something.

Just a reminder yall.
Nugs
Not drugs.
View attachment 25134
let's not be so fast to paint with a broad brush, some drugs were pretty fun.
Hallucinogens were more often than not a great ride. I'd be totally paranoid to do them now, but I've seen the answers to the universe laid out at my feet, only to be forgotten completely upon coming down! but I digress.

A couple chicken nuggets don't sound bad either

Thanks, I still have some work to do, I don't like my connection between stem and pipe . Im going to try Blood wood tomorrow. Its harder wood and close to the same hardness as the Olive wood I ordered. If my tools can't cut it I'll know tomorrow. Seeing as my bandsaw isn't working right what used to be small chunks of wood coming off my block in pieces I now have to turn it to dust particles putting more stress on my belt sander

So today was fantastic. An A1 day to practice. Head winds tail winds right to left and left to right blows with a screaming wind.
I woke up in a great mood and then got pissed, but soon got over it.
I found a snake in my laundry room. Freaked me the hellllll out. Appears that it came in through a drain line in the laundry room floor. About a foot long and big around as a pencil. A water snake, but in my eyes it may as well been a cobra 🐍 ! Hubby is putting a screen in under the drain, so I hope this never happens again.
Came home to all kinds of Budbuilder swag.. germinator and t shirts! Even had some seeds in the box.
Just a darn good day for such a rough start. 🥰

So today was fantastic. An A1 day to practice. Head winds tail winds right to left and left to right blows with a screaming wind.
I woke up in a great mood and then got pissed, but soon got over it.
I found a snake in my laundry room. Freaked me the hellllll out. Appears that it came in through a drain line in the laundry room floor. About a foot long and big around as a pencil. A water snake, but in my eyes it may as well been a cobra 🐍 ! Hubby is putting a screen in under the drain, so I hope this never happens again.
Came home to all kinds of Budbuilder swag.. germinator and t shirts! Even had some seeds in the box.
Just a darn good day for such a rough start. 🥰
Just want you to know I love everything about that except the snake! But on the other hand, snake jazz is pretty cool

I made 2 small ones out of Bubinga wood todayView attachment 25174
Nice! Like the lighter one as I see more grain but you never know till you hold it and see it up close. I usually go by how it feels in my hand and mouth but I haven’t bought a wooden pipe in 20+ years. Gave most away to buddies. Haven’t smoked tobacco in 25+ years but I cheat with the pipe once in a blue moon. Or a small cigar/cigarillo.

Apparently I found some memberbarries. 🤣

Nice! Like the lighter one as I see more grain but you never know till you hold it and see it up close. I usually go by how it feels in my hand and mouth but I haven’t bought a wooden pipe in 20+ years. Gave most away to buddies. Haven’t smoked tobacco in 25+ years but I cheat with the pipe once in a blue moon. Or a small cigar/cigarillo.

Apparently I found some memberbarries. 🤣
I think the darker one has a nice grain up close. I think the scratch mark is just light reflection as I don't see it with my eyesbubinga4.JPG

Back
Top Bottom