Ahh the numbwr of fuel pumps that left the chat on me because of this lol
I learned this the hard way when I was road coursing an '03 Mustang. I'd run it on test and tune days but only run 1/8 tank to keep weight down through the session. My fuel pump kept failing. I was buying them from Rock Auto and was getting pissed thinking they were sending me inferior 2nds pumps. I got fed up and decided to go hit up the local mom and pop parts store. The old guy manning the parts desk laughed at me when I told him what happened. He explained why they were burning up. I was so embarrassed I sent Rock Auto an email and apologized for bitching at their customer service.

The old guy helped me setup an external electric race pump and I never had fuel pump issues after that.

That was the day I realized that mom and pop shops are invaluable for their experience and knowledge. I'd probably still be buying fuel pumps if I had gone to AutoBone or O'Really.......

ooooh you're just the person to ask @CannaGranny! I'm looking into getting an optic sight for my S&W M&P Shield 2.0 9mm. I've never used either a red dot nor a green dot. The iron sights are off, though. By a lot. Always shoots super low, like completely off target and into the ground in front of the target, if i align rear and front centered on the bullseye. So, I'm in the market for something a bit more adjustable (rear iron sights have only side-to-side adjustment, not vertical).

Any recommendations? I love the pistol but I don't like relying solely on the front sight and also don't like looking like it's my first time shooting every single time I shoot it. Thinking an optic, once sighted in properly, will help significantly.

Edit: to be fair, i've looked on forums and it's not an uncommon problem. a lot of people have sent the firearm back to S&W to fix the issue. I can't be without my EDC for the weeks it'll take for that, though.

ooooh you're just the person to ask @CannaGranny! I'm looking into getting an optic sight for my S&W M&P Shield 2.0 9mm. I've never used either a red dot nor a green dot. The iron sights are off, though. By a lot. Always shoots super low, like completely off target and into the ground in front of the target, if i align rear and front centered on the bullseye. So, I'm in the market for something a bit more adjustable (rear iron sights have only side-to-side adjustment, not vertical).

Any recommendations? I love the pistol but I don't like relying solely on the front sight and also don't like looking like it's my first time shooting every single time I shoot it. Thinking an optic, once sighted in properly, will help significantly.

Edit: to be fair, i've looked on forums and it's not an uncommon problem. a lot of people have sent the firearm back to S&W to fix the issue. I can't be without my EDC for the weeks it'll take for that, though.
I got the same pistol may be a gen 1 I'd have to look, laser max on the trigger guard. I'm home all the time so I keep it put up. 12 gauge for personal home defense...until I need to get out the ARs

Mine shoots pretty decent never use the laser it's more for if I have the chance and want some extra security knowing I'll most likely hit my target

I got the same pistol may be a gen 1 I'd have to look, laser max on the trigger guard. I'm home all the time so I keep it put up. 12 gauge for personal home defense...until I need to get out the ARs
that's on my shortlist... i have 500 12 gauge rounds with nothing to put em through lol have had my eye on the mossberg tactical for the past year, just need to go pay the $200 for it already.

would any mods be able to confirm posting pictures of firearms is within the TOS? i posted titties and that was taken down.

that's on my shortlist... i have 500 12 gauge rounds with nothing to put em through lol have had my eye on the mossberg tactical for the past year, just need to go pay the $200 for it already.

would any mods be able to confirm posting pictures of firearms is within the TOS? i posted titties and that was taken down.
Im pretty sure you are good granny had her range gun posted up once...may have been on the old site but im thinkin it's ok

Two options on the red dot, laser grips or red dot optic on top.
Reasoning behind this, for personal carry the laser grips do not change the profile of the gun. The red dot optic adds two inches of height to the top of the gun.
So for personal defense, the laser grips. For target 🎯 the red dot will be the preference.
As you say it’s not an uncommon complaint. Steel sights are often off and are mass produced.

I post mine, gun, not boobies..😂🤣😂😅😂

It cold up your way MDK? It’s pretty brisk in the Zarks tonight. Dragging out clothes so I’m not just miserable tomorrow.

After seeing this, I don’t think you can use the grips.
like react because i'm not sure if you're saying that because it's so small (it's a compact) or because the bite mark from when Hercules was a puppy and decided the grip was a good chew while i was sitting on the couch with it holstered.

Here's a good laugh for y'all. I'm super accurate with this gun, when it feeds ammo. It fails to eject anything that's not cheap brass though. So, I can squeeze one round off and chuck it at the intruder. It'll kill em that way given it weighs like 11lbs lol

Attachments

• PXL_20231015_031918226.jpg
    PXL_20231015_031918226.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
Try not to do that. The gas in your tank is what cools the pump. When you run it with low gas it heats up the pump and decreases the life of the pump.
i didn't know about the heat, but that makes sense. another thing to consider is that when the tank runs low your pump will suck more of the sediment up, or so i've always heard, which can cut the life on your fuel filter, and if that gets too clogged maybe your pump will be damaged too.

Here's a good laugh for y'all. I'm super accurate with this gun, when it feeds ammo. It fails to eject anything that's not cheap brass though. So, I can squeeze one round off and chuck it at the intruder. It'll kill em that way given it weighs like 11lbs lol
let's see a video of a target practice shot!

@GoodShit97 i think you made it right?
funny story of the one time i ran out of gas. i'm in my first car, free, an 84 dodge caravan, 18, and giving a ride to my girlfriend's brother i just met but heard several rumors he beats every one of his sister's boyfriends up. so we were all chilling, smoking, and he was 21+ and wanted a ride to 711 to get some more alcohol. i know it's low but the gas station is close, it dies out right at the bottom of the hill to the gas station.

when he gets back with some gas and we are trying to start it back up, the cops come, he gets a dip i think... memory is foggy atm. but anyway, it was a terrible first impression. he never did want to fight me, said i treated his sister good, and we were good friends for years

let's see a video of a target practice shot!
if weather is good tomorrow, i'll see what i can do. that gun HATES passing anything below 70F and we're looking at high 50s tomorrow.

I do have a pic of my last run with the shield, though. when I figured out the iron sights are fuckered lol took almost two magazines to figure it out.

Red dots are right after I figured out the iron sights were fucked. Black are shooting front sight only.

the three bottom right were wrong finger placement on the trigger along with a little jerking. i was kinda pissed off at that point lol
PXL_20231015_040713153.jpg

yeah, yours also looks like a sub compact. mind is a compact, which is a bit too bulky for concealed carry. i manage but end up printing because i'm a skinny short dude lol
Yea i see that now, yea it's smaller for the cc purpose 8+1 but I need to get a new holster, something that fits the laser and allows me to wear it front hip vs side of hip to avoid that printing issue. Last holster was pretty nice but my wife got me the laser for Xmas one year and I felt obliged to keep it on there. So now it usually rides inside jacket pocket which don't work in warmer months

Back
Top Bottom