Yea i see that now, yea it's smaller for the cc purpose 8+1 but I need to get a new holster, something that fits the laser and allows me to wear it front hip vs side of hip to avoid that printing issue. Last holster was pretty nice but my wife got me the laser for Xmas one year and I felt obliged to keep it on there. So now it usually rides inside jacket pocket which don't work in warmer months
damn only 8+1? my magazines are 15+1, and I always keep my firearms chambered. during the summer i tend to do a 12 oclock carry, but winter I do the same -- jacket pocket. on the motorcycle it goes in my breast pocket, which is scary af if I have the inevitable slide from the broken rib perspective. my coworker recommended the CYA IWB holster, which looks alright, but the security seems... sketchy.

like you saw, right now I have basically a trigger guard and that's my "holster". definitely want something much more substantial that flattens the profile, or smooths it out, so at least during the summer months people around don't see an obvious pistol grip under a shirt. I refuse to open carry just because i feel like it makes one more of a target to be fucked with by LEO. shit, I have an old acquaintance that had all of his firearms confiscated simply because he was open carrying in a more "up class" gas station, despite having a fully legal and current concealed permit.

damn only 8+1? my magazines are 15+1, and I always keep my firearms chambered. during the summer i tend to do a 12 oclock carry, but winter I do the same -- jacket pocket. on the motorcycle it goes in my breast pocket, which is scary af if I have the inevitable slide from the broken rib perspective. my coworker recommended the CYA IWB holster, which looks alright, but the security seems... sketchy.

like you saw, right now I have basically a trigger guard and that's my "holster". definitely want something much more substantial that flattens the profile, or smooths it out, so at least during the summer months people around don't see an obvious pistol grip under a shirt. I refuse to open carry just because i feel like it makes one more of a target to be fucked with by LEO. shit, I have an old acquaintance that had all of his firearms confiscated simply because he was open carrying in a more "up class" gas station, despite having a fully legal and current concealed permit.
Not sure about ur location , but “Open Carry” is a misleading term in most cases , thus just means you don’t need a ccw, in most cases just a registered gun , it sill has to be concealed . Some states do allow you to carry on your hip in plain sight but most do not .

Not sure about ur location , but “Open Carry” is a misleading term in most cases , thus just means you don’t need a ccw, in most cases just a registered gun , it sill has to be concealed . Some states do allow you to carry on your hip in plain sight but most do not .
I know New Hampshire is an open carry state. You see most of the population with a pistol right out on their hip.

I know New Hampshire is an open carry state. You see most of the population with a pistol right out on their hip.
If someone sees you with a gun on your hip up here expect a swat team response and a hard take down. I can't even get a pellet or BB gun without a permit, license & completion of a safe fire arms handling course

Right...ain't you in Canada pipe? To me I pretty much associate Canada with bears, I'm sure they aren't in the densely populated areas but still. Gun to protect from bears in my mind is just all day everyday in Canada
Yep we gots some funny rules & more chance to get killed by Moose than a gun. Bears not so much, the white ones are bad but the rest we can shoo away

Here's a good laugh for y'all. I'm super accurate with this gun, when it feeds ammo. It fails to eject anything that's not cheap brass though. So, I can squeeze one round off and chuck it at the intruder. It'll kill em that way given it weighs like 11lbs lol
Only ONE REASON to buy a HIGHpoint...YOUR HIGH lmfao. FOr real though my Daddy has one and its honestly not a bad lil rig.

i didn't know about the heat, but that makes sense. another thing to consider is that when the tank runs low your pump will suck more of the sediment up, or so i've always heard, which can cut the life on your fuel filter, and if that gets too clogged maybe your pump will be damaged too.

Sediment pumped into your tank is fairly rare. Your pump should have its own sediment filter and your fuel line should also have a filter so it's fairly rare that sediment would be an issue especially nowadays with everything injected rather than running through mechanical carburetors. Heat seems to be the biggest culprit when you run them dry. I guess the same as running a pond pump dry.

I have a couple Raven concealment that are made to order. Little pricey and long lead time but they are worth every penny. They make, or used to make the holsters for the FBI. Not sure if they still do that.

I have a couple Raven concealment that are made to order. Little pricey and long lead time but they are worth every penny. They make, or used to make the holsters for the FBI. Not sure if they still do that.
appreciate the recommendation! i'll give em a look-see

Right...ain't you in Canada pipe? To me I pretty much associate Canada with bears, I'm sure they aren't in the densely populated areas but still. Gun to protect from bears in my mind is just all day everyday in Canada
I've been thinking about picking up a rifle for when I go deep woods camping for protection and hunting. I want something compact but that can stop a bear if need be. Friend of mine showed me a rifle he picked up not too long ago but it only comes in 5.56 or .300 BLK. While both rounds will stop a bear I can already see my fumbling ass trying to get one on target as its charging so maybe something with more knockdown power like a Benelli semi auto shotgun with some slugs or buckshot but, damn, my bro's new SBR is sexy as hell and folds up nice and compact!

I've been thinking about picking up a rifle for when I go deep woods camping for protection and hunting. I want something compact but that can stop a bear if need be. Friend of mine showed me a rifle he picked up not too long ago but it only comes in 5.56 or .300 BLK. While both rounds will stop a bear I can already see my fumbling ass trying to get one on target as its charging so maybe something with more knockdown power like a Benelli semi auto shotgun with some slugs or buckshot but, damn, my bro's new SBR is sexy as hell and folds up nice and compact!

bears are a major reason a .454 casull is on my short list for next purchases. not an enjoyable firearm to shoot, but for stopping power, there aren't many rounds that compare to it in its form factor and price range. IIRC it's the preferred side arm for Alaskan wilderness tour guides. having a rifle would be damn nice too, though.

first up though is a .357 snub nose revolver to replace the EDC with something that a small framed dude can pocket carry without showing off to the world. they have enough punch to stop a bear but also serve great for self defense against the human varieties. plus, revolvers are just frickin cool man.

bears are a major reason a .454 casull is on my short list for next purchases. not an enjoyable firearm to shoot, but for stopping power, there aren't many rounds that compare to it in its form factor and price range. IIRC it's the preferred side arm for Alaskan wilderness tour guides. having a rifle would be damn nice too, though.

first up though is a .357 snub nose revolver to replace the EDC with something that a small framed dude can pocket carry without showing off to the world. they have enough punch to stop a bear but also serve great for self defense against the human varieties. plus, revolvers are just frickin cool man.
He equipped his SBR with optics, folding stock and a suppressor. SO much fun to shoot. Very little recoil and I can shoot it without ear protection.

Results of today’s match. It was a stunner for me. My first shoot in the big boys open class. Shooting against National and State champs, I really did not expect to place, nor win the X pot.. First got me by 2 points, second got me by one..and yet, I shot the most X’s and won the money pot! 393 out of a possible 400 and 21X’s. Wind steady at 16, with gusts to 26 mph. Helluva shoot! 🥰
Now I’m off to find some fuzzy warm pj’s and a heavy blanket to warm these chilled bones!
IMG_1347.jpeg

Results of today’s match. It was a stunner for me. My first shoot in the big boys open class. Shooting against National and State champs, I really did not expect to place, nor win the X pot.. First got me by 2 points, second got me by one..and yet, I shot the most X’s and won the money pot! 393 out of a possible 400 and 21X’s. Wind steady at 16, with gusts to 26 mph. Helluva shoot! 🥰View attachment 26012
Wow nice work, how was the wind? you were a bit concerned about reading it. Sound like you nailed it regardless

Results of today’s match. It was a stunner for me. My first shoot in the big boys open class. Shooting against National and State champs, I really did not expect to place, nor win the X pot.. First got me by 2 points, second got me by one..and yet, I shot the most X’s and won the money pot! 393 out of a possible 400 and 21X’s. Wind steady at 16, with gusts to 26 mph. Helluva shoot! 🥰
Now I’m off to find some fuzzy warm pj’s and a heavy blanket to warm these chilled bones!
View attachment 26012
KUDOS Granny! Legit badass achievement right there, only wish I was there to witness it!

That wind was a bear! Stayed constant and steady at 16 mph with gusts to 26. Holding on the nine ring to get into the X.
That's where shooting loses me, I can get the straight line but drop, wind and the other elements you need to deal with makes the first few shots a bit iffy I'd guess. How many practice shots do you get before it counts?

That's where shooting loses me, I can get the straight line but drop, wind and the other elements you need to deal with makes the first few shots a bit iffy I'd guess. How many practice shots do you get before it counts?
First relay is a total of 25 minutes with unlimited sighters. So as many as you want as long as you get a string of twenty before time is up. Once the shooter announces they are ready to go to score, 20 shots, every hit is a part of your score.
Second relay is 22 minutes with only two shots for sighters. A total of 22 shots.
Two types of shooters out there. Mirage readers and wind readers. I’m strong on wind reading, mediocre on mirage reading, but have learned to use the two in conjunction with each other, and will continue to work on my mirage skills.

View attachment 26012
Ayyyyyy!! Bringin it home!! Hell yeah @CannaGranny thats what i like to see 👀 👌🏼 🎯

Back
Top Bottom