Speaking of heaters I popped on the why files last night and have been thinking about it ever since.

The episode was tech that shouldn't have existed in the past. They found iron pipe in a pyramid and some ancient structure in China. The pipes at one site can't remember which had 'quick lime' in them. They explained when water touches quick lime it released heat. Apparently it can dry out and be used over and over. I haven't found anything as to toxic or noxious gases that are released and I'm thinking there may be none since it returns to a usable state upon drying.

Anyway I'm wondering how I can harness this to heat my spare grow tent, don't have the power available to run another space heater so I'm thinkin outside the box a bit. Anyway the little bit of research I've been able to do seems to indicate it is used as cheap heating alternatives...I think they sell it in cans to open and sit under a foil dish to warm food from what I could tell as well.

If anyone has any info regarding this stuff please drop a reply, this just fascinates me

I have come to really love buddy heaters man. I bought 2 of them and attached the 20lb tanks to them. They have a fan in them too that runs on a plug or battery. . The buddy heaters cost a third to run compared to pil filled radiant heaters.
Are they safe indoors? I don't like the idea of leaving any heater running unattended but I certainly don't like the idea of carbon monoxide knocking me out more lol

Everyone crashed at 11pm. I took a break and just went to finish washing what we cut today.

They mixed it with ISO not H2O2. Everything but the little crappy branches was washed in ISO for about 60 seconds then hung to dry a bit before resting on parchment, to be hung when no longer damp.

This garbage now?

It’s 99% ISO so it was like 8/1 ratio.

Thanks @steamroller , @Kopper1013 , @GoodShit97 and the rest. We’re making the best of it. Future washings will be mixed and supervised by myself. 🤦

Are they safe indoors? I don't like the idea of leaving any heater running unattended but I certainly don't like the idea of carbon monoxide knocking me out more lol

I have Mr. Heater Big Buddy. I’ve used it inside a few times in the basement. I have detectors all over and a plug-in with battery backup I keep with it.

I wouldn’t leave it unsupervised but in a pinch it’s great. Ceramic and can use dual or single tanks to be portable or hook up to larger tank.

Imo its exactly the same as one of those screw on top of a 20lb tank options, just way better and safer. And ive run those inside a lot of buildings, ice shantys, campers, and tents, im still alive! Lol.

Had an interesting weekend. Went with my son to a big Cub/Boy Scout camp out. Primitive tent camping, weather was great during the day but at night holy crap did it get cold. Had to have soo many covers in the tent to keep my son warm, the tent (which is pretty small) started feeling really closter phobic. I kept having to get out of the tent, spent a lot of time sitting on a lawn chair by myself, but the night sky was beautiful.

Deer are out of control here, we saw like 5 over the weekend camping, a few on the ride home & I actually saw one in the middle of town this morning. We have a huge gated community in the town next to ours, it's over 10 square miles & hunting is not allowed. It's crazy, the deer seem to know they're safe there. I have literally had to almost push them with my car to get them to move off the road & had them walk right up within like 10 feet of us while outside talking to customers when working in the area. I also saw the largest group of deer I've ever seen in one location just outside the fences. There was like 30 of them just hanging out in a field.

My poor lonely solo squirrel must've fell from a tree. Startled it this morning and notice it struggle with a limp, dragging one leg. Death sentence for a squirrel but I found a place to call so hopefully they can do something for the youngster. Poor thing.

My poor lonely solo squirrel must've fell from a tree. Startled it this morning and notice it struggle with a limp, dragging one leg. Death sentence for a squirrel but I found a place to call so hopefully they can do something for the youngster. Poor thing.
I know that splat noise around here. Makes me wanna throw up. I also notice that they go out of their way trying to get a cat to follow it to its death too. I hate when stuff like that happens.

Had an interesting weekend. Went with my son to a big Cub/Boy Scout camp out. Primitive tent camping, weather was great during the day but at night holy crap did it get cold. Had to have soo many covers in the tent to keep my son warm, the tent (which is pretty small) started feeling really closter phobic. I kept having to get out of the tent, spent a lot of time sitting on a lawn chair by myself, but the night sky was beautiful.

Deer are out of control here, we saw like 5 over the weekend camping, a few on the ride home & I actually saw one in the middle of town this morning. We have a huge gated community in the town next to ours, it's over 10 square miles & hunting is not allowed. It's crazy, the deer seem to know they're safe there. I have literally had to almost push them with my car to get them to move off the road & had them walk right up within like 10 feet of us while outside talking to customers when working in the area. I also saw the largest group of deer I've ever seen in one location just outside the fences. There was like 30 of them just hanging out in a field.
I'm not a hunter, so I have no personal interest, but the deer populations need to be controlled. I don't know what the answer is.

When I worked for SCDNR, there were always problems with the deer herd in places like Hilton Head. One suggestion was for a bow hunt, since too many people live there for guns. Then wardens described what happens when deer with arrows in them go running through playgrounds and front yards. Kind of makes people anti-hunting! Not what the DNR was looking for!

Mornin ya Menz!
I see how it is, if I’m not on the corner, the floor goes unmopped..trash needs to go out and dirty coffee cups to be washed!
Nice morning here this morning. 70 and overcast. We are to have this gorgeous weather until around Halloween. I plan to soak it all up..winter is barreling its way toward us.
Wishing all a great day!

I think the mowing for this year is finally done here. Mannnn the fall colors are fantastic!
I have to make a trip into Mountain View this morning, looking forward to the drive. Looking forward to lunch at the Mexican restaurant too!
My ladies are looking loverly this morning. I had to do a second lollypopping yesterday afternoon. These ladies are determined to grow!
I have a strange pheno of Blue Dream this round. It’s always heavy on the Sativa side and tends to grow with those characteristics. This one? Ummm nope. Short, squat, and huge leaves like a full on Indica. Had to shorten the legs on the new table to accommodate this one. Interesting to see how the buzz from this one works out.
Everything is tabled and flipped to flower. We are just beginning the stretch.
Pics up this eve, show me your plants! 🥰

63 here....damn I need some 70. Not much for mopping or doing dishes, but I'll mow the corner lawn, after I go behind the shed and fire it up 😄
36f here this am clear and sunny today a high of 50f, frost all over the roofs today. I had a Dr. appointment this am, my blood pressure is too low, my heart rate is too low, my good cholesterol is too high my bad too low & my PSA has dropped Dr. says I'm too healthy for my age and weight, something must be wrong.....then I brought up my theory on me having alien DNA.....he went silent and then after an awkward pause he said really?.......do you think you are an alien?.....I almost spit out chunks.....it was a joke Doc...a joke....no sense of humour at all. You'd think a guy that just had his finger up my ass would have some humour in him.

That's really interesting about the blue dream...I've been thinking about getting my hands on some for the yield...seeing that zamal dreams everyone is growing from dragons flame has my attention.

Squat though, guess she is blueberry leaning? It's been a while since I've had some BD but I always dig it

36f here this am clear and sunny today a high of 50f, frost all over the roofs today. I had a Dr. appointment this am, my blood pressure is too low, my heart rate is too low, my good cholesterol is too high my bad too low & my PSA has dropped Dr. says I'm too healthy for my age and weight, something must be wrong.....then I brought up my theory on me having alien DNA.....he went silent and then after an awkward pause he said really?.......do you think you are an alien?.....I almost spit out chunks.....it was a joke Doc...a joke....no sense of humour at all. You'd think a guy that just had his finger up my ass would have some humour in him.
Well I hope it’s nothing serious. Imma get worried when you take up eating bugs!
Wild thing is I have a friend that has the exact same thing going on, luckily they skipped the PSA..on her! 😂

Well I hope it’s nothing serious. Imma get worried when you take up eating bugs!
Wild thing is I have a friend that has the exact same thing going on, luckily they skipped the PSA..on her! 😂
I like to lay in the sun and bathe on rocks...crushed rocks and shells mind you but rocks none the less......I've been know to flick my tongue out and taste the air too.....I draw the line at chasing after laser lights but shinny bobbles do grab my attention sometimes...I'm conflicted

That's really interesting about the blue dream...I've been thinking about getting my hands on some for the yield...seeing that zamal dreams everyone is growing from dragons flame has my attention.

Squat though, guess she is blueberry leaning? It's been a while since I've had some BD but I always dig it
More so than any blueberry I have ever grown! Literally looks like a full blown Indica.
Im still chasing that Haole Moonshine of Jeff’s. I popped three and all three were male. Defies the odds. Imma keep popping them though, I know there’s a female in there somewhere!

I like to lay in the sun and bathe on rocks...crushed rocks and shells mind you but rocks none the less......I've been know to flick my tongue out and taste the air too.....I draw the line at chasing after laser lights but shinny bobbles do grab my attention sometimes...I'm conflicted
Imma pitch ya a big fat bug and just observe! 😂😊😂😅

Back
Top Bottom