Interesting. Not sure if there are diseases here that affect the herds but we have tons of deer here too. The biggest problem I have seen here is so many of them on the roads and such a hazard driving at night. I just about hit two at the same time last week in my truck.
Yea last Friday I smoked one...a deer down each side of my vehicle now...cosmetically she's seen better days. Pitch black didn't even see it felt like i hit a concrete block or big rock

Yea last Friday I smoked one...a deer down each side of my vehicle now...cosmetically she's seen better days. Pitch black didn't even see it felt like i hit a concrete block or big rock
Ive been sooo lucky. Ive hit 3 deer and NEVER had any major damage to my vehicle.
The last one i hit head on in my subaru outback. All it did was bust 1 mounting clip for my grille, so i ziptied it and ran it another 2 years lol.

Here if they appear sick, they must be tested for it, as it’s transmitted to humans as well through consumption.
Being Native, by our laws of the land, I cannot take one as I do not need the meat. If I did take one, I would be responsible for using every part of it. So, I get to enjoy via friends that are not held to that like I am.
Yep. The CWD is really a big reason i quit hunting. Im not gonna spend the 200 dollars nys wants for tags, to either not shoot anything or shoot something i cant eat, so i pretty much gave it up.

Yep. The CWD is really a big reason i quit hunting. Im not gonna spend the 200 dollars nys wants for tags, to either not shoot anything or shoot something i cant eat, so i pretty much gave it up.
I grew up hunting in upstate NY. At the time it was shotgun only. Then I moved to MO, and found out you can use rifles. It's not even fair to the deer here. But there are still a lot of them.

I grew up hunting in upstate NY. At the time it was shotgun only. Then I moved to MO, and found out you can use rifles. It's not even fair to the deer here. But there are still a lot of them.
I’d rather use the rifles. One shot, one kill. Too many are hit and able to run off injured using shotguns. I sure don’t miss pellets in the meat either. Hunting for me was agonizing as I would let ‘em walk, if the shot was not right. I did more cannabis smoking in the woods than hunting. Hunting was a great excuse to do what I loved. Smoking, nature and cooking outside.

I grew up hunting in upstate NY. At the time it was shotgun only.
I grew up in Schoharie county NY, so i have always been able to hunt with a rifle. Albany County was always shitgun until like 10 years ago, and now its rifle as well.

Id rather use a rifle or bow. Shotguns are ok but not my preference.

I grew up in Schoharie county NY, so i have always been able to hunt with a rifle. Albany County was always shitgun until like 10 years ago, and now its rifle as well.

Id rather use a rifle or bow. Shotguns are ok but not my preference.
My dad is taking my nephews out for their first hunt around Thanksgiving. They're going out with a crossbow if they're able to shoulder it and hit on target.

My dad is taking my nephews out for their first hunt around Thanksgiving. They're going out with a crossbow if they're able to shoulder it and hit on target.
Ya know. Ive never had the opportunity to shoot a crossbow.
Ive wanted to buy one, but its just not at the top of the list lol. Plus i wouldnt know a good one from a bad one, as i know little about them and brands

Go to North Dakota. Lots of nice old pickups in fields, barns etc
I was driving from Oregon down to L.A. As I was going through Bakersfield I saw a sweet C10 sitting in a field. The field had grass about 2 - 3 feet tall. As soon as I got close I could see that the grass was hiding the completely rusted out door bottoms and rockers. The floor in the cabin was almost completely gone and the frame was like swiss cheese. Bed floor was rusted out to dust. Weird thing is if you see it from afar the paint from rust up was in good shape although after seeing the truck I can imagine what it would look like if you stripped the paint off. Probably rust was the only thing holding it together.

Ive been sooo lucky. Ive hit 3 deer and NEVER had any major damage to my vehicle.
The last one i hit head on in my subaru outback. All it did was bust 1 mounting clip for my grille, so i ziptied it and ran it another 2 years lol.
Subaru man. They used to build tanks. Fuckin things just wouldn't die lol

Subaru man. They used to build tanks. Fuckin things just wouldn't die lol
It was a 1999 legacy outback, had the 2.5l in it with a 5 speed. Had like 300k on it when i scrapped it cause the frame rotted in half.

Getting some shit done today in the basement specifically my grow space. Much needed decluttering of other obstacles that aren't grow related but all up in my space. Ufc was on early so was a nice afternoon to watch/listen to the fights smoke and clean up.

Now where to get some lumber? Miss the days of having a handful of old guys that would just have piles of lumber laying around for the takin...shit like a bench or shelf could be built for the cost of nails or screws. Shit no one wanted laying in their yard, now ya don't wanna buy it lol

• Deleted by Moshmen
  • Reason: Double
Show…
Been seein at least 10 a nite I drive thru a few thousand acres of state land on my way to work

Attachments

• IMG_0180.jpeg
    IMG_0180.jpeg
    992.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0178.jpeg
    IMG_0178.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

Attachments

• IMG_1417.mov
    31.5 MB
For some reason when I walked out this morning the steam coming off the tree I thought of the porch ! Lol almost felt like I was there . Lmao course that mayb the full melt we just ripped talkin ? 🙃
Funny you should say that. That’s exactly what I saw this morning! I have a cedar grove on the east side of the property and they were straight up smoking this morning. Welcome to the porch Mosh! 🥰

Been seein at least 10 a nite I drive thru a few thousand acres of state land on my way to work
Been dodging them also with 900 miles driven each week to get to work. Half in the dark pre dawn.
It is only getting worse here in NY with rut just starting.

Been dodging them also with 900 miles driven each week to get to work. Half in the dark pre dawn.
It is only getting worse here in NY with rut just starting.
I havent even seen a deer down here in weeks.
Hunting season starts and they hide under rocks dude. Im serious, no deer here for miles and i live in the middle of nowhere. Nothing but farmland and woods surrounding me.
I live right on the edge of a 900 acre private lot and see a bear now and then. No deer tho 😒

Too early for my sons acrobatics...late night and this cat wants to climb the entertainment center and tap his hot wheels on my tv...gonna be Sunday bluntday at this rate

I havent even seen a deer down here in weeks.
Hunting season starts and they hide under rocks dude. Im serious, no deer here for miles and i live in the middle of nowhere. Nothing but farmland and woods surrounding me.
I live right on the edge of a 900 acre private lot and see a bear now and then. No deer tho 😒
Funniest to me with 180 miles a day is last 2 I saw were within 15 miles of home. They walk through my field, so I am not surprised just expect more from the boonies.
I blink 4-5 times when driving at the most~!:oops: Smoking surely helps with that.
Road kill almost daily that I see on thruway going west to Utica.
Just got to get out of there before the inevitable happens is how we all feel.

Road kill almost daily that I see on thruway going west to Utica.
My dad used to work in Utica at the Thruway as a supervisor, the roadkill/deer out that way is insane!! He hit one 2 years ago in little falls just after he picked up his work car lol.

Hes now in Glenmont at the Thruway HQ building and sees very little deer even having to be in at 530 am.

Deer used to be everywhere down here, i used to get one every year, now im lucky to even see one.

I ate the deer..with gravy an biscuit’s. 😋
Had a fantastic time last night. The sky was clear as a bell, and great for stargazing.
Ten of us gathered had a great meal. All home cooked goodies. Flaky light biscuits, fresh green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, back strap and tenderloin. Homemade cinnamon bread, no bake chocolate cookies and fresh cherry turnover’s. Homemade Bloody Mary’s and apple beer.
Finished up with some fine cannabis and a big o bonfire. A lot of laughter.
I even learned something, if ya light two joints of Cement Shoes and start them off at different ends of the circle, in 15 minutes everybody is quiet, ripped, and a comfortable silence ensues with everyones attn locked upon the fire, or the sky..😂🤣😅😂
Life is good good in the woods hood..

Last edited:
Funny, we were talking about the eerie absence of deer on our way home from a gathering last night. Normally the bastards can't wait to make you shit your pants by popping out of the trees but I guess since the season started, they're all in hiding. Normally see four or five every morning on the property but haven't seen any in a couple weeks

I ate the deer..with gravy an biscuit’s. 😋
Had a fantastic time last night. The sky was clear as a bell, and great for stargazing.
Ten of us gathered had a great meal. All home cooked goodies. Flaky light biscuits, fresh green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, back strap and tenderloin. Homemade cinnamon bread, no bake chocolate cookies and fresh cherry turnover’s. Homemade Bloody Mary’s and apple beer.
Finished up with some fine cannabis and a big o bonfire. A lot of laughter.
I even learned something, if ya light two joints of Cement Shoes and start them off at different ends of the circle, in 15 minutes everybody is quiet, ripped, and a comfortable silence ensues with everyones attn locked upon the fire, or the sky..😂🤣😅😂
Life is good good in the woods hood..
damn sounds good. yum yum get you some

Tis the season i guess.... View attachment 26736Kind of upset i didnt get to November but the buddy heaters are not keeping up tonight.
22mph winds and 29°f...
Did the same thing this morning and shut down the HVAC to try and save on power. It's supposed to be down to 29F Wednesday morning. Never gets that cold this soon here. Ain't trying to rack up a massive power bill either.

Shit that reminds me, need to put a space heater in the garage. It's been gettin a little chilly for the ladies

Did the same thing this morning and shut down the HVAC to try and save on power. It's supposed to be down to 29F Wednesday morning. Never gets that cold this soon here. Ain't trying to rack up a massive power bill either.

Shit that reminds me, need to put a space heater in the garage. It's been gettin a little chilly for the ladies
I have come to really love buddy heaters man. I bought 2 of them and attached the 20lb tanks to them. They have a fan in them too that runs on a plug or battery. . The buddy heaters cost a third to run compared to pil filled radiant heaters.

Back
Top Bottom