I got a sweet deal on a 2000 Stepside Ford Ranger with only 97k miles on it. Got some rattle can blemishes on the body but it runs and drives great. Pretty stoked about it.
NICE! I've been looking for either a late 50's Apache truck or a 70's C10 for the GF. Damn trucks are expensive nowadays. I used to find old chevy 3 windows in farmer fields for almost nothing.

NICE! I've been looking for either a late 50's Apache truck or a 70's C10 for the GF. Damn trucks are expensive nowadays. I used to find old chevy 3 windows in farmer fields for almost nothing.
I picked up an '85 Toyota pickup 2wd from my brother at the beginning of the pandemic for $1k. It runs like a top, body is straight, minimal rust. I've been looking at what they're going for on the used market and have seen comparable pickups going for $15k. It's absolutely insane!

I picked up an '85 Toyota pickup 2wd from my brother at the beginning of the pandemic for $1k. It runs like a top, body is straight, minimal rust. I've been looking at what they're going for on the used market and have seen comparable pickups going for $15k. It's absolutely insane!
My 2000 Toyota 4 wheel drive with 89,000 miles on it has a blue book value of 12k..nuts!

Old trucks have become the “in”thing to have at the shows -so it’s driven the proves way up the 80’s square in particular

Old trucks have become the “in”thing to have at the shows -so it’s driven the proves way up the 80’s square in particular
it's not just the shows. it's following the drift tax, and the fact that there are legitimate privacy concerns with new cars and you can't really work on new cars without spending tens of thousands on diagnostic equipment.

having something with an old carbed motor running points, or even primitive electronic distribution that is still wrenchable vs facing something you can't fit your hand deep enough to touch a spark plug or dealing with sensors for sensors, it's become an expensive commodity to have something you can fix in your garage.

and let's be real -- the ones that want those old vehicles (specifically trucks) need them for one of three reasons:

1. farm work. they don't give a shit what it looks like as long as it starts when the key is turned and will do 55mph on the farm to market roads.
2. kid's first vehicle. would i put my kid in one for a first vehicle? fuck no. others have other ideas.
3. for car shows and track days to haul their build. this is the market driving the price increases.

for instance, i really REALLY want a 96 dodge with a 12 valve cummins in it that's not rusted to nothing. I have real use for it on my land and for towing purposes. I'm not gonna pay $60k for something i can drive home from a private party that's probably spent the past ten years beating to piss, though.

it's not just the shows. it's following the drift tax, and the fact that there are legitimate privacy concerns with new cars and you can't really work on new cars without spending tens of thousands on diagnostic equipment.

having something with an old carbed motor running points, or even primitive electronic distribution that is still wrenchable vs facing something you can't fit your hand deep enough to touch a spark plug or dealing with sensors for sensors, it's become an expensive commodity to have something you can fix in your garage.

and let's be real -- the ones that want those old vehicles (specifically trucks) need them for one of three reasons:

1. farm work. they don't give a shit what it looks like as long as it starts when the key is turned and will do 55mph on the farm to market roads.
2. kid's first vehicle. would i put my kid in one for a first vehicle? fuck no. others have other ideas.
3. for car shows and track days to haul their build. this is the market driving the price increases.

for instance, i really REALLY want a 96 dodge with a 12 valve cummins in it that's not rusted to nothing. I have real use for it on my land and for towing purposes. I'm not gonna pay $60k for something i can drive home from a private party that's probably spent the past ten years beating to piss, though.
My kids first vehicle was a 78 f250 ! All steel kept her safe when old lady ran a stop sign and smashed into her - trashed the caddy but just dented the truck

My GF doesn't want it for anything other than to cruise around in an old truck like she used to when she was little with her dad. More nostalgic than anything else. We already have an F150 for whatever crap we need to haul around.

i really REALLY want a 96 dodge with a 12 valve cummins in it that's not rusted to nothing.
Good luck brother.
Those trucks are gems now a days. Especially the 12v cause 1 wire makes them run, and everyone wants the mechanical P Pump.

I had a 1998.5, the first year they put the 24 valve in. Truck was an absolute beast, but not what the 12v was.
I wrecked the shit out of it, but it had 426k miles on it, went through a gallon of oil in 3 days thanks to the timing cover seal being shot in like 6 places, had no recerse cause the solenoid insise the transmission went bad.
Sold the truck wrecked with a practically junk motor for 4000.....
The motors alone are worth more than the trucks man.

Mornin ya Menz!
It’s a cool brisk morning here in the Ozarks. Nothing a good heavy jacket and a hot cup of coffee won’t take care of.
I put a big cooker full of green beans on last night for a dinner tonight, and mannnn this house smells good this morning ! Another bon fire with fresh fried deer for dinner tonight. Back strap and tenderloin to be exact.
They added two extra seasons on the deer this year besides the normal season. Anterless only. It’s needed, we are over ran with 🦌. If they don’t do some thinning, the next thing up is chronic wasting disease.
We are currently having a lot of cougar problems around here. Several people reporting attacks on dogs with two pit bulls actually having been ate and bodies found covered with leaves and sticks.
Conservation reports that we have no breeding population, yet they confirm a 117 reports, in my county alone. I call bullshit. They even have a video on conservation ground of one taking down a full grown elk! That many males do not travel to an area without a breeding female population. Not to forget all of the game cam pics that caught cubs in the pics.
Anyways, that’s what’s up in the Zarks today!

Good luck brother.
Those trucks are gems now a days. Especially the 12v cause 1 wire makes them run, and everyone wants the mechanical P Pump.

I had a 1998.5, the first year they put the 24 valve in. Truck was an absolute beast, but not what the 12v was.
I wrecked the shit out of it, but it had 426k miles on it, went through a gallon of oil in 3 days thanks to the timing cover seal being shot in like 6 places, had no recerse cause the solenoid insise the transmission went bad.
Sold the truck wrecked with a practically junk motor for 4000.....
The motors alone are worth more than the trucks man.
We have one of those too. The Hubby has a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel. It also has less than a 100k on it and the body is in excellent shape, no rust, etc.
Funny as hell that all the things we have amassed to leave the kids, it’s gonna be our old trucks that are worth something!
I also have a 1982 Ford f250 with a dump bed on it. Can’t say that body has held up so well, but she has and does haul tons of gravel for my driveway. My Dad gave that to me several years ago.
We are truck poor around here. Ever one has a different job here on the farm. The Ford takes care of the road, the Dodge hauls tons of pellets and the Toyota will get us up and out of here, regardless of the weather.

I sooooo want to go deer hunting this year! Last year I missed the biggest buck I ever took a shot at. Not sure if I’ll make it this year or not, season starts today but goes for a month.

Here is the buck I got the year prior and was some good eatin.

IMG_0007.jpeg

They added two extra seasons on the deer this year besides the normal season. Anterless only. It’s needed, we are over ran with 🦌. If they don’t do some thinning, the next thing up is chronic wasting disease.
Not shit around here for deer. Havent shot one in 4 years cause i refuse to shoot a doe and we have an antler restriction of 3 on 1 side so bucks dont get shot very often either.
Deer hunting in NY sucks ass so i only bought bear tags this year so i can shoot the garbage bear lol.

Got some roast in the slow cooker here and the house smells awesome this morning...I got burned out on roast as a kid....that memory has faded I am all about it these days.

Smokin that weeheeed a feelin fiiine, good day to all!

Not shit around here for deer. Havent shot one in 4 years cause i refuse to shoot a doe and we have an antler restriction of 3 on 1 side so bucks dont get shot very often either.
Deer hunting in NY sucks ass so i only bought bear tags this year so i can shoot the garbage bear lol.
Both spare seasons here are for doe. We have a huge over abundance of them in our area. If you don’t control the numbers we see a disease called Blue Tongue just wipe them out. It’s a chronic wasting disease. Much sadder to see that, than knowing people are using them to supplement meat for their families.
Here is our local school..kind of funny as Jeff Foxworthy has picked this up and calls it, Redneck Priorities. 😂🤣😅IMG_1350.jpeg

Got some roast in the slow cooker here and the house smells awesome this morning...I got burned out on roast as a kid....that memory has faded I am all about it these days.

Smokin that weeheeed a feelin fiiine, good day to all!
Yeah, it was cheap meat and used for everything when I was a kid..now they sell it like it’s filet mignon. A medium sized roast to feed a family of four will run ya around 25.00-30.00.

We have a huge over abundance of them in our area. If you don’t control the numbers we see a disease called Blue Tongue just wipe them out. It’s a chronic wasting disease. Much sadder to see that, than knowing people are using them to supplement meat for their families.
Interesting. Not sure if there are diseases here that affect the herds but we have tons of deer here too. The biggest problem I have seen here is so many of them on the roads and such a hazard driving at night. I just about hit two at the same time last week in my truck.

Both spare seasons here are for doe. We have a huge over abundance of them in our area. If you don’t control the numbers we see a disease called Blue Tongue just wipe them out. It’s a chronic wasting disease. Much sadder to see that, than knowing people are using them to supplement meat for their families.
Here is our local school..kind of funny as Jeff Foxworthy has picked this up and calls it, Redneck Priorities. 😂🤣😅View attachment 26546
Yeah CWD is bad stuff.
There was talk about opening up a summer season to kill sick deer but it never happened because the people here would shoot whatever walked in front of them.
We dont have many sportsmen up here. Just poachers and dirtbags that like to kill stuff for the "fun" of it.

Interesting. Not sure if there are diseases here that affect the herds but we have tons of deer here too. The biggest problem I have seen here is so many of them on the roads and such a hazard driving at night. I just about hit two at the same time last week in my truck.
Yes, we have those problems too! Now, throw some Elk and six wild horse herds into that melee!

Yeah CWD is bad stuff.
There was talk about opening up a summer season to kill sick deer but it never happened because the people here would shoot whatever walked in front of them.
We dont have many sportsmen up here. Just poachers and dirtbags that like to kill stuff for the "fun" of it.
Here if they appear sick, they must be tested for it, as it’s transmitted to humans as well through consumption.
Being Native, by our laws of the land, I cannot take one as I do not need the meat. If I did take one, I would be responsible for using every part of it. So, I get to enjoy via friends that are not held to that like I am.

Back
Top Bottom