Big medical scare for me today. I faded while sitting in a barber chair getting a haircut. Nearly missed an ambulance ride. Having an interaction between some meds my cardiologist had had me on for like 10 years. My family practioner prescribed a new med that doesn’t play well with the others. Been having low bp systems if I stand too quick. Today I was sitting in a chair about 10 minutes through a hair cut and beard trim and boom the lights went out. Lost vision, sweats, etc. scared the fuck out of me. Calling cardiologist and family practitioner offices Monday. No motorcycle riding tomorrow, lol. Imagine that happening riding on a bike, shit howdy game over.
Take care of yourself. That sheit gets your attention

Damn dude.. that would be no bueno on a bike. My mom went through something similar after her back surgery. The surgeon prescribed a med that didn't play nice with her heart meds, morning after we brought her home I walk out to EMTs loading her in a wagon to go back to the hospital because it looked like she had at least one heart attack. Heart meds are the one med you really can't mess up with yet doctors don't seem to look up contraindications before prescribing conflicting meds.

You might need to find a new barber now too lol probably scared the shit out of dude too
Yes it scared the barber. He was a young guy, mid twenties maybe and didn’t speak a lot of English. It was also my first haircut in about 5 years.

What year road glide? That's next on my list, but not sure I'm ready to buy into the Harley... Thing.
It’s a 2020. Last year of hydraulic clutches on the M8 motor. They are now back to a cable with 2021 and newer. Harley is overhyped for sure. Plus that road glide is a heavy bitch. I do like my Indians. But not their bat wings or their fixed fairing model challenger. The Springfield and Chief Vintage are my favorite Indian models. The Thunderstroke 111 engine is a solid performer.

Awe man what a cutie!! Sup brother how goes it? Those lantern flies are crazy, I wonder what kind of beneficial insect eat's em? Loving this weather though, I am not looking forward to winter and having to layer up again.
As far as I know nothing eats them, and they have the label of invasive species. Just came here two years ago.... Sucks. They devoured one of my friend's outdoor plants this year.

Good morning everyone!!!!!
Wad doing some 3 week defoliation and was like @CannaGranny will like my before and after scrog clean up pic... But to be honest the picture shows I need to go back in and do some more lol!!

PXL_20231029_120812154.jpg
After...? 😂 need to get back in there
PXL_20231029_114642029.jpg

Fresh chamomile and some 🍄🍄 chopped up for my morning tea! I think I cut too much shrooms up... Will find out soon for sure. What's on the board are the fun guy stuff 😁😵‍💫

PXL_20231029_121751487.jpgPXL_20231029_122056703~2.jpg

I feel like i got run over.
Yesterday my father and i ripped down my 10x20 shed that was all rotted and waterlogged.
All he has is a 6x10 dump trailer so we got half the shed in and he took off to go dump it. While he did that i took off and met up with @steamroller at the Thatcher Park overlook, will have to get together again when im not so busy lol.
Today im sore cause ive been pretty lazy all summer so ripping that shed down was exhausting work lol.
Now im sitting in the car at UrgentCare waiting for them to open at 9am so i can bring my little guy in. Spiked a fever again last night after like 2 days or so of feeling better. Hoping to be the first ones through the door so we can be in and out, i dont like these places lol.

Yes it scared the barber. He was a young guy, mid twenties maybe and didn’t speak a lot of English. It was also my first haircut in

It was hair cut shock, hair has feelings too. After 5 years your hair was calm and relaxed then it was violently attacked with sharp instruments. What did you expect to happen? You go chopping off healthy hair, Haven't you learned anything in here about defoliating? You can't just strip off your hair and expect to stay healthy, gee's man self control is a must at your age.

I haven't had a hair or beard cut in over 10 years and with whats just happened to you I'm not letting a barber anywhere close to me.

Ive been in an 8'x10' bright blue room without a window for over an hour now and just caught myself spinning circles trying to figure out how tf to get out......
Fk i hate small spaces without windows, makes me nuts

Ive been in an 8'x10' bright blue room without a window for over an hour now and just caught myself spinning circles trying to figure out how tf to get out......
Fk i hate small spaces without windows, makes me nuts
Hope the boy is OK.(y)

@freezeland Damn what a scene! Glad you are okay, sounds like the BP dropped completely out. Out of habit, if a MD adds or changes my meds, I call and confirm with my heart Doc as I have had an experience like that too. When my heart Doc seen what the MD had put me on she had a runaway. Also explained why I felt so bad too. Happy that had a good outcome!

@ninjadip What defoliation? 😂 You better take yourself back in there and try that again! Looks pretty thick. Get rid of everything that covers or shades a bud site, you should be able to look through from the top and see somewhat through your canopy. I try to leave the top third alone and tuck the leaves that shade any bud. Don’t worry in ten days you won’t know you have done it!

@GoodShit97 Glad you know what’s going on with the Little One. Keep him in where it’s warm, push fluids and control fever, about all you can do. Give him lots of hugs and good cartoons. 🥰

Sorry I missed all of this yesterday. Have a rather heartbreaking situation going on here. My friend of 18 years is giving up the ghost. Most dogs of his type live to be 8-11 years old, he almost doubled that. We sat in the cold and rain all day yesterday on the porch. I finally gave up and went in around 11 last night, froze to the bones. He was comfortable, warm and sleeping. He made it through the night, and is pulling last breaths this morning. I didn’t take him in as he hates being in the house. I was afraid it would upset his process. So, here we are again in the rain and the cold, waiting for his last goodbye. It’s close. He is in no pain, I believe he had a heart attack yesterday. I saw it happen and he barely made it back to the porch. Today, he gets peace and I get the heart ache. It was worth it.

Anyways, its a cold rainy day in the Zarks. Almost five inches of rain since yesterday and it’s still pouring.
Wishing you all a good day. Some of us need one for sure.

@GoodShit97 Glad you know what’s going on with the Little One. Keep him in where it’s warm, push fluids and control fever, about all you can do. Give him lots of hugs and good cartoons. 🥰

Sorry I missed all of this yesterday. Have a rather heartbreaking situation going on here. My friend of 17-18 years is giving up the ghost. Most dogs of his type live to be 8-11 years old, he almost doubled that. We sat in the cold and rain all day yesterday on the porch. I finally gave up and went in around 11 last night, froze to the bones. He was comfortable, warm and sleeping. He made it through the night, and is pulling last breaths this morning. I didn’t take him in as he hates being in the house. I was afraid it would upset his process. So, here we are again in the rain and the cold, waiting for his last goodbye. It’s close. He is in no pain, I believe he had a heart attack yesterday. I saw it happen and he barely made it back to the porch. Today, he gets peace and I get the heart ache. It was worth it.

Anyways, its a cold rainy day in the Zarks. Almost five inches of rain since yesterday and it’s still pouring.
Yep thats for sure! 36° and rain all day today so i have the pellet stove on and hes on the couch under a nice warm fleece blanket.

Damn, im sorry CG. Id be so lost right now, 18 years is a long time for a dog to live, and a long time for you to be very attached. Hoping he goes very peacefully and pain free. Wishing you the best CG, keep your head up 👊🏼

@freezeland Damn what a scene! Glad you are okay, sounds like the BP dropped completely out. Out of habit, if a MD adds or changes my meds, I call and confirm with my heart Doc as I have had an experience like that too. When my heart Doc seen what the MD had put me on she had a runaway. Also explained why I felt so bad too. Happy that had a good outcome!

@ninjadip What defoliation? 😂 You better take yourself back in there and try that again! Looks pretty thick. Get rid of everything that covers or shades a bud site, you should be able to look through from the top and see somewhat through your canopy. I try to leave the top third alone and tuck the leaves that shade any bud. Don’t worry in ten days you won’t know you have done it!

Sorry I missed all of this yesterday. Have a rather heartbreaking situation going on here. My friend of 18 years is giving up the ghost. Most dogs of his type live to be 8-11 years old, he almost doubled that. We sat in the cold and rain all day yesterday on the porch. I finally gave up and went in around 11 last night, froze to the bones. He was comfortable, warm and sleeping. He made it through the night, and is pulling last breaths this morning. I didn’t take him in as he hates being in the house. I was afraid it would upset his process. So, here we are again in the rain and the cold, waiting for his last goodbye. It’s close. He is in no pain, I believe he had a heart attack yesterday. I saw it happen and he barely made it back to the porch. Today, he gets peace and I get the heart ache. It was worth it.

Poor old boy, give him a good rub between the ears

I feel for you. Hurts just reading this. 😞

Much love Granny.
I was told God makes our favorite friends short lived because we have issues with our own mortality. Kind of a hard lesson for all.
I have come to feel no fear for my own end so I can join them again.

We took a little walk in a nice place yesterday.

Laura (my GF) and I did some hiking in Yosemite yesterday. It was cool to begin but warmed to shirtsleeves temperatures by noon.

Too many doggone people there, everyone seemed to think they owned the place 🤨

Hiking with a good load of sativa was pretty fun, but I’m sure I just vegged through most of the day 😜IMG_2533.jpegIMG_2538.jpegIMG_2541.jpegIMG_2547.jpegIMG_6614.jpegIMG_6610.jpegIMG_2516.jpegIMG_2514.jpegIMG_2508.jpegIMG_2509.jpegIMG_2506.jpegIMG_2491.jpegIMG_2490.jpegIMG_2479.jpegIMG_2483.jpeg

Big medical scare for me today. I faded while sitting in a barber chair getting a haircut. Nearly missed an ambulance ride. Having an interaction between some meds my cardiologist had had me on for like 10 years. My family practioner prescribed a new med that doesn’t play well with the others. Been having low bp systems if I stand too quick. Today I was sitting in a chair about 10 minutes through a hair cut and beard trim and boom the lights went out. Lost vision, sweats, etc. scared the fuck out of me. Calling cardiologist and family practitioner offices Monday. No motorcycle riding tomorrow, lol. Imagine that happening riding on a bike, shit howdy game over.
I used to get dizzy and almost pass out while getting a haircut at my local barbershop. Turned out that the hairspray/other toxic fumes from the crap they put in people's hair almost knocked me out. So, not sure if these two things are related but just as a side note on barbershops...they are toxic af. Have you read the label of hairspray? Or even your shampoo? Do you know what "fragrance" is? In a nutshell: not good stuff. Basically: I cut my own hair now and have been doing so for decades :D.

As far as I know nothing eats them, and they have the label of invasive species. Just came here two years ago.... Sucks. They devoured one of my friend's outdoor plants this year.

Good morning everyone!!!!!
Wad doing some 3 week defoliation and was like @CannaGranny will like my before and after scrog clean up pic... But to be honest the picture shows I need to go back in and do some more lol!!

View attachment 27504
After...? 😂 need to get back in there
View attachment 27505

Fresh chamomile and some 🍄🍄 chopped up for my morning tea! I think I cut too much shrooms up... Will find out soon for sure. What's on the board are the fun guy stuff 😁😵‍💫

View attachment 27506View attachment 27507
Sup brother, looks like you got a REEEAAAALLLLY fun day ahead of you. I love me some mushy tea! And got-dayum those are some bushy gals, your gonna need to get in there and take some more off imo. Lately I have been plucking a few leaves off every couple days like "get the FK away from my cola leaf" lol. 🖖

It was hair cut shock, hair has feelings too. After 5 years your hair was calm and relaxed then it was violently attacked with sharp instruments. What did you expect to happen? You go chopping off healthy hair, Haven't you learned anything in here about defoliating? You can't just strip off your hair and expect to stay healthy, gee's man self control is a must at your age.

I haven't had a hair or beard cut in over 10 years and with whats just happened to you I'm not letting a barber anywhere close to me.
Maybe it was my head becoming so light from losing all the hair. My hair was in the middle of my back. Now it’s above my ears, lol

I used to get dizzy and almost pass out while getting a haircut at my local barbershop. Turned out that the hairspray/other toxic fumes from the crap they put in people's hair almost knocked me out. So, not sure if these two things are related but just as a side note on barbershops...they are toxic af. Have you read the label of hairspray? Or even your shampoo? Do you know what "fragrance" is? In a nutshell: not good stuff. Basically: I cut my own hair now and have been doing so for decades :D.
I won’t need to go back to a barber for a long time. My hair is back above my ears now.

I won’t need to go back to a barber for a long time. My hair is back above my ears now.
Maybe it was my head becoming so light from losing all the hair. My hair was in the middle of my back. Now it’s above my ears, lol
Damn that is a lot of hair to lose, maybe it did shock your system lol. I too also had long hair, it was fun until it wasn't. Being a 20 something with a ponytail is "cool" and "hip" but after 30 its "weird" and "shocking" lol. Once I saw myself researching conditioners I was like "Im out" and shaved it off.

Cut my own hair too, saddest part of it is my wife does hair lol

I was doing it before her though and I try to keep her from having to do her job at home when she is off

I lose weight when I get my hair cut~!:ROFLMAO: I feel light when I leave[ more than money~!].
I am not up to annually but consider them seasonal at best.
8 months last time before I went back.

Dont know where to talk about this so i guess I will throw this on here as a wildcard topic :D.

I was watching a podcast where Tiki Madman talks about his growing methods. He talks about brix and running cooler temps in flower for more terps. He also said he uses a mix of synthetic and organic soil/inputs, basically running Promix and a complete synthetic nutrient line (I think he uses Emerald Harvest).
So, Im thinking, run seedlings in coco to get the fast veg growth, then transplant to organic soil couple weeks before flower then flip. Feed the same synthetic nutes when needed.
I gave my buddy a few cuts of my Double Fish Breath plant he is flowering out now. He just put em in living soil and flipped em and they are doing great. So I know it kinda works. Have any of you heard about this "hybrid" organic + synthetic growing method?

Back
Top Bottom