So sorry to hear this! We are going to hope for the best. These are our babies.
He’s a working dog, but a family member first. These guys go through a lot in the field. His sire had part of his lung removed after a fox tail got embedded in this chest and then worked its way to his lung. He survived that and went on to win the National amateur field trial. They can get impaled jumping in to water from stick ups, even ice. I had one run dead into a barb wire fence while running full throttle after a crippled goose. Its why we train them to whistle command and hand signals. They are amazing animals, like athletes. We handle them hundreds of yards away but accidents can and happen. We are not sure what punctured my dogs lung. Could be a lot of different things, but a foreign body is on the list. Hopefully the CT reveals what caused this.

He’s a working dog, but a family member first. These guys go through a lot in the field. His sire had part of his lung removed after a fox tail got embedded in this chest and then worked its way to his lung. He survived that and went on to win the National amateur field trial. They can get impaled jumping in to water from stick ups, even ice. I had one run dead into a barb wire fence while running full throttle after a crippled goose. Its why we train them to whistle command and hand signals. They are amazing animals, like athletes. We handle them hundreds of yards away but accidents can and happen. We are not sure what punctured my dogs lung. Could be a lot of different things, but a foreign body is on the list. Hopefully the CT reveals what caused this.
Hope your pup gets through this bro. Love my dogs, wish I could rescue a million except then I'd have to feed them lol.
We have lots of foxhounds come through my area from the local foxhunter's running amok with packs of foxhounds howling for miles. Some of them look scarred to hell and back, feel sorry for them.

Oven at 225 for 40-45 minutes until golden. Its easy peasy man.

Decarbing is simple, I know people who bought fancy expensive decarbing machines to try and make it easier, but it's so easy to do in the oven. Especially with extract, you can visually see when its done.

I bake it in a small Pyrex bowl at around 280F for about 45 mins. Just keep an eye on it, it'll start to release very small gas bubbles as the Co2 is released. For the last 20 mins or so I'll take it out of the oven every 5 mins or so to give it a quick swirl to help the bubbles release.
Once the oil goes completely still with no bubbles, the decarb is complete.

Did it this way for many many years on a large scale, decarbing QP's of oil at a time. Never failed me, and the test results proved a successful decarb.

This was a lab test on a concentrated MCT oil we made for adding to stuff, i mixed it up by eye shooting for 300mg/ml, and came pretty damn close.
Here you can see the percentage of activated THC vs THCA which was almost nil. Succesful decarb.
Screenshot_20231110-105430_Gallery.jpg

Decarbing is simple, I know people who bought fancy expensive decarbing machines to try and make it easier, but it's so easy to do in the oven. Especially with extract, you can visually see when its done.

I bake it in a small Pyrex bowl at around 280F for about 45 mins. Just keep an eye on it, it'll start to release very small gas bubbles as the Co2 is released. For the last 20 mins or so I'll take it out of the oven every 5 mins or so to give it a quick swirl to help the bubbles release.
Once the oil goes completely still with no bubbles, the decarb is complete.

Did it this way for many many years on a large scale, decarbing QP's of oil at a time. Never failed me, and the test results proved a successful decarb.

This was a lab test on a concentrated MCT oil we made for adding to stuff, i mixed it up by eye shooting for 300mg/ml, and came pretty damn close.
Here you can see the percentage of activated THC vs THCA which was almost nil. Succesful decarb.
View attachment 29460
Wow i bet that was good stuff, you would use that for edibles, capsules, and other things alike right?

Wow i bet that was good stuff, you would use that for edibles, capsules, and other things alike right?
It was our base concentrate, we used it for dosing chocolates, baked goods, topical creams, gummies you name it. It was also further diluted down with MCT for capsules.
Knowing the THC amount per ml made it easy to make accurately dosed edibles.

Last edited:
Every time I see Jeffs stuff grow it is out of control.
All who have used or use his gear have nothing but great stuff to say.
I know you saw this
1699648283351.png

I am biting my tongue running the same other stuff again.
I really want to build a room to grow his monsters to full potential.
Excited to see how it goes for you~!👊

I'm in to try some of the cherry pie when ready~!

Every time I see Jeffs stuff grow it is out of control.
All who have used or use his gear have nothing but great stuff to say.
I know you saw this
View attachment 29476

I am biting my tongue running the same other stuff again.
I really want to build a room to grow his monsters to full potential.
Excited to see how it goes for you~!👊

I'm in to try some of the cherry pie when ready~!
I agree 100%, ive heard nothing but good things about his gear. Oh yeah i saw that, insanely vigorous and stable genetics.

I want to turn my new shed into a grow room but my wife is already cussing me out for thinking about it😂

You know it man, I'd be happy to give ya some.

You know I'm in VA, I do hate our 4 plant limit or "guideline" but God this is a beautiful state

No comment on current topic

Good morning and good grow wishes to all!

Here is a pic from a proud parent yesterday, purple punch
View attachment 29411

And then something to make everyone laugh, yes I bought it, but it was only $1 😂

A toilet-BOWL
View attachment 29412
It's for dispensary weed.........

So i just dropped some beans and i gotta give a shoutout to @dragonsflamegenetics. The mod mac moonshine bx was a 10 pack but had 14 seeds and the Interstate Dragon was an 11 pack but had 17!!
I am definitely looking forward to the extras.
You gonna run a freebud grow or are you gonna attempt to net 'em? BTW those beans are going to produce some fire. I really want a smoke report after you harvest and taste them.

You gonna run a freebud grow or are you gonna attempt to net 'em? BTW those beans are going to produce some fire. I really want a smoke report after you harvest and taste them.
Im hoping for 5 females. The plan is 2 of each in the 4x4 and a mod mac moonshine bx for a scrog in the 2x2.
🤞🏻 i get what i want lol.

My day is done! Long one too. I even dug through the trash to find five pkgs of seeds. Sad thing is after doing that…they were not in the trash anyway! I did find them. I gotta quit smoking da strong stuff and doing anything but 🧺. Worse I can do there is forget to add bleach!

My day is done! Long one too. I even dug through the trash to find five pkgs of seeds. Sad thing is after doing that…they were not in the trash anyway! I did find them. I gotta quit smoking da strong stuff and doing anything but 🧺. Worse I can do there is forget to add bleach!
I lost a baggie in my woods with a buddy once, we spent like 2 hours walking back and forth before i finally found it....
I had a hole in my pocket and it was stuck in my boot...

So sorry to hear this! We are going to hope for the best. These are our babies.
He survived the surgery. Just woke up from anesthesia a couple hours ago. They removed a portion of his right lobe. He’ll be retiring to the couch when he gets home. No more retrieves for that boy. He’s picked up several hundred ducks in his career. I think he’ll enjoy life on the couch.

He survived the surgery. Just woke up from anesthesia a couple hours ago. They removed a portion of his right lobe. He’ll be retiring to the couch when he gets home. No more retrieves for that boy. He’s picked up several hundred ducks in his career. I think he’ll enjoy life on the couch.
Glad to hear he pulled through! I too think he'll enjoy life on the couch.

Glad to hear he pulled through! I too think he'll enjoy life on the couch.
He’s nine and has had his eyeballs on it for a while. Lol. I got one other that’s retired from hunting. He’s 11. My other 3 are all female and not far from retiring too. They are all either 7 - 8 year olds. Couple more seasons for them yet, maybe three if I’m lucky. Time to think about training another pup. I ain’t picking up my own birds, lol.

where's the good morning @CannaGranny ?
Sleeping in?

I've been up early ending my collegiate procrastination streak. thank god for chatGPT...
My very last class is on Global Society (issues/impacts/reach).

I will be walking across the stage next week in Manchester, NH, despite my last class date of 12/15. So insane-O!!! I won't get my degree until January, but still, it will be very exciting

40+ year old man about to finally finish something he started 20 years ago.

Sleeping in?

I've been up early ending my collegiate procrastination streak. thank god for chatGPT...

I will be walking across the stage next week in Manchester, NH, despite my last class date of 12/15. So insane-O!!! I won't get my degree until January, but still, it will be very exciting

Congratulations Ninja! Getting a college degree is not an easy feat, especially post grad when life gets in the way.

I was having a discussion with my nephew, my cousins kid that I took in after they passed, when he was nearing HS graduation. Throughout HS we had talked about college but I left that decision up to him. One of the points in the discussion was whether college was worth the cost and time for him. His point was that he wasn't really interested in getting into anything technical and that his passion was cooking. We weighed the options and decided that a college degree was worth the cost and time even if that wasn't his preferred profession. My feeling was that the degree was almost secondary to what was more important. Will and determination. I've been through it and the biggest lesson I took away from graduating with a degree was in how you approach lifes problems and having the will and determination to make it happen despite those problems.

Another bonus to that decision was that he graduated with a degree in food science from Cornell so he was able to tie it into his career choice but be able to branch off it if working the cook line wasn't working out for him. After he graduated he worked for a restaurant for a little while and decided he really enjoyed the cook line so he went to cooking school and got a degree in culinary arts.

Sleeping in?

Mornin ya Menz!
Well three minutes afore noon 🙂
@ninjadip I was up out the door and headed to the vet this morning three towns over by 7 am. My buddy the cat, Opie Gene Taylor was attacked a couple of days ago by a feral cat that has been on this property since Feb of this year. This is the fifth vet visit since he has been here. He keeps attacking my males. I just got the last one out after caring for his foot for the past six weeks, and now, I have another to tend to. Eddie, the other one had to have a surgery on his foot and the wound had to be flushed daily. This one has a bite and the entire leg abscessed. He woke me up at five this morning with his face shoved into my neck, crying. Now I’m back to flushing a draining surgical site, medicating and cleaning up after him. Grrrrrrr!
Needless to say I’m done with it. I just got to where I could touch that cat about three weeks ago. Good thing too. We managed to get him caged and took him to a friend’s barn. It was either that or shoot him. I’ve been out over 1700.00 in vet bills since he showed up here. He was dumped and if I had any idea who did it, I’d take 1700.00 out of their ass.
Anyways enough complaining.
Congratulations on your accomplishment! You should be super proud of yourself! Just goes to show, we are never too old to learn 🥰

Back
Top Bottom