I have killed some pretty big bucks in Maine that would compare. That’s where you’re from isn’t it? You got to be way up in the far north country of Maine for them though.
Im actually from New York, i lived in Maine for a short time. Ive never seen anything even close to that in size.
Last buck i saw shot was up by Lake Champlain in the ADKs.
212lb 10pt buck, but was a baby compared to that one grumps dad shot.

Any Mule deer hunters here? They get some really nice racks.

Im actually from New York, i lived in Maine for a short time. Ive never seen anything even close to that in size.
Last buck i saw shot was up by Lake Champlain in the ADKs.
212lb 10pt buck, but was a baby compared to that one grumps dad shot.
There is some real big ass trophy bucks in Northern Maine. Big boys, but you got to hunt em. They ain’t that big by being stupid.

There is some real big ass trophy bucks in Northern Maine. Big boys, but you got to hunt em. They ain’t that big by being stupid.
Yeah im sure they are here in the Adirondacks too but like you said, they dont get that big by being stupid.
Most of the big bucks here are late night/early morning movers so they stay safe.

Doggos found her. She was less than 100 yards from where i stopped looking.
Just got back to the house, all gutted and hanging til next weekend.
Just as we suspected fat plugged the wound and she bled out internally

Morning Menz!
Congrats to those of you that got your deer! Seeing some big o boys down. Seeing some older tougher meat too. How is that used? Burger? Jerky? I loveeeee the summer sausage!
So here’s my nitrogen burning problem child. She is greening back up. Just in time too. We are fixing to hit week four. I think it’s the shot she needed. She’ll have to make the best of what she got, cause she won’t get anymore.
Four by four is filled up, good light penetration. Every bud is at least a foot long. That’s why she sucked nitrogen through a straw outta my dirt!
Back on the right track. Bring on da buds Big Mama 🥰IMG_1438.jpeg

This one, Redbeards rendition of Blue Dream is the queen of defoliation. I have defoiled this lady at least twice a week since flower began. She got a major defoil at 21 days, and here we are five days later and seriously needs another!
I normally do a very minimal defoil after 21 days. This Lady is not going to abide by that! I’ll be pinching her at watering yet again today! Being in my old closet grow space has not slowed her down. Tight packed buds, average is 12”.
IMG_1439.jpeg

Current three plant (Green Crack, Oregon Grape, Cement Shoes) five by five grow with a new technique. I greatly reduced the amount of potential Bud sites to see if growing bigger bud vs. more bud weighed out. If so, it eliminates light penetration problems and reduces the likelihood of mold and poor air circulation.
Table does not look as uniform, but the flowers are indeed big! Let ya know on the weight outcome.IMG_1440.jpeg

This one, Redbeards rendition of Blue Dream is the queen of defoliation. I have defoiled this lady at least twice a week since flower began. She got a major defoil at 21 days, and here we are five days later and seriously needs another!
I normally do a very minimal defoil after 21 days. This Lady is not going to abide by that! I’ll be pinching her at watering yet again today! Being in my old closet grow space has not slowed her down. Tight packed buds, average is 12”.
View attachment 30505
Love the blue dream.they get giant outdoors too.

Congrats on the Doe Goodshit! I prefer Does, especially a few years old with a nice fat layer. Much better eating than the giant muscle bound bucks. I'm not permitted to shoot does here unfortunately, I wish.

Congrats on the Doe Goodshit! I prefer Does, especially a few years old with a nice fat layer. Much better eating than the giant muscle bound bucks. I'm not permitted to shoot does here unfortunately, I wish.
I prefer the younger does too, another reason i love my father gets a land management permit every year because he owns over 50 acres.
The old mossberg 16 gauge gets a 6th mark on the pump stock tonight 👌🏼👊🏼
Love this gun

Sold off most of my surplus rifles, have owned almost every old mossberg .22 at one point. Only one I kept is the 146-b T bolt. Was/is my favourite. Shoots S, L, LR, 20 rds in the tube, 30 if shooting shorts. Load it in the morning and shoot it all day kinda pinker.

Like it so much, about 10 years ago I fabricated a steel trigger guard for it out of flat bar, slow rust blued It. makes the gun way more durable and easier to shoot with a gloved hand. These old .22's were awesome in every way, besides the nylon trigger guards.

20231118_122204.jpg20231115_210048.jpg20231115_202220.jpg20231115_202404.jpg

Smooth bore slugster barrel, I paid 175 at an auction 12 years ago. Still have to transfer it out of my dads name lol.
I have an old Remington 870 Special Field in 20g with a modified choke I bought back in the mid 80’s that I really like. Very versatile shotgun. They were primarily marketed as an upland gun. It’s very good on quail and pheasants. But it’s a frigging deer slayer. Short barrel for quick swings and shoulders very fast. It’s great for hunting in dense vegetation and forested areas.

I do like those smaller guages. 20ga is one of my favorite for sure.
My favourite shotgun is probably my Ithica 37 Featherlite In 12ga. Great for upland birds with the fixed choke long barrel, takes a short open choke barrel off a Steven's 350 for deer. The stevens is a near perfect Chinese clone of the Ithaca.

My favourite shotgun is probably my Ithica 37 Featherlite In 12ga. Great for upland birds with the fixed choke long barrel, takes a short open choke barrel off a Steven's 350 for deer. The stevens is a near perfect Chinese clone of the Ithaca.
I had an Ithica featherlite gifted to me by my Aunt after my cousin was killed in an auto accident. I ended up selling it to buy some weed or some other shit. Felt like quite the ass for having sold it. Was a good gun and had a lot of sentimental value to my aunt. She probably never forgave me for that. One of life’s regrets from when your young, dumb, and an asshat.

I had an Ithica featherlite gifted to me by my Aunt after my cousin was killed in an auto accident. I ended up selling it to buy some weed or some other shit. Felt like quite the ass for having sold it. Was a good gun and had a lot of sentimental value to my aunt. She probably never forgave me for that. One of life’s regrets from when your young, dumb, and an asshat.
Sorry to hear that, those mistakes stick with us. I made a similar regretful sale myself once. Was gifted a nice Churchill. 303 sporterized Enfield No4 mk 1* by the guy who mentored me in mechanics, but rarely used it because I couldn't scope it. Shot like a Lazer, but ammo was expensive and reloading for it was only good with new brass because the cases always expanded too much from a very generous military chamber. Sold it to fund something else and a couple weeks later the old guy who gave it to me passed away. I've felt like an ass for selling it ever since.

The 37 Featherlite has a strange, kinda cool feature. If you hold the trigger down while you rack it, it slam fires the next round. So you can basically just hold the trigger down and pump to rapid fire it.

I have the same gun!
I just prefer my 16 gauge for deer hunting.
I shoot Lightfield Commander IDS plus rounds, they're 1oz sabot slugs.
856243.jpg

Aaaand my 16 gauge Mossberg 500b
20231118_153431.jpg

I have put probably 3000 rounds through this thing lol.

I have the same gun!
I just prefer my 16 gauge for deer hunting.
I shoot Lightfield Commander IDS plus rounds, they're 1oz sabot slugs.
View attachment 30526

Aaaand my 16 gauge Mossberg 500b
View attachment 30527

I have put probably 3000 rounds through this thing lol.
I hear ya. My old shoulder prefers anything other than the 12ga lately lol. 16ga is a great round.
I mainly use my F250 for deer lately, or the Camry. Pretty much every year I get deer given to me by folks that hit them on the road around here. They know who to call lol.
I've hit 2 with the truck and one with the car in the last 5 years. Idiot deer running into the road constantly during the rut on the island here.

Back
Top Bottom