Guys, I’m still fighting this CreekWalker nitrogen issue.
Soil tests out at 6.4 and it’s showing no other deficiencies. I’m at week five of ten and despite the fact that I have top dressed at week 3.5 and added bloom nutes at week five she continues to burn off the N like crazy.
She was not a super leafy plant to start with.
My dilemma, is thinking she won’t keep enough leaves for photosynthesis. I normally never add N when they go into flower.
Im halfway through now, what would you do? Stop adding N and risk total leaf loss, or add it and risk hot nasty tasting weed?
With this particular plant in the future I won’t lollipop this one for scrog , but rather leave her an excess of leaves to burn off.
Any opinions appreciated!

Soil tests out at 6.4 and it’s showing no other deficiencies. I’m at week five of ten and despite the fact that I have top dressed at week 3.5 and added bloom nutes at week five she continues to burn off the N like crazy.
My dilemma, is thinking she won’t keep enough leaves for photosynthesis. I normally never add N when they go into flower.
Im halfway through now, what would you do? Stop adding N and risk total leaf loss, or add it and risk hot nasty tasting weed?
With this particular plant in the future I won’t lollipop this one for scrog , but rather leave her an excess of leaves to burn off.
Lite feed a little n won’t hurt , ya still got a bit

I'd add some N, but it won't re-green dying leaves. I use veg formula nutrients almost the way through flower and just add a couple pk spikes. i dont swich out to straight bloom ratio until about 3/4 of the way through. A few weeks before harvest.
N causing a bad burn and shitty pot is a bit of a myth. Much more to it than that.

You are in a hard spot. I was dead set against dropping the N but after doing it several times and now smoking the finished product I am not going back.
It is early to be destroying the leaves all that much. I would find and give them a fast short supply of N to keep them going at least 2-3 weeks longer. probably going to have to use a product in liquid form

You are in a hard spot. I was dead set against dropping the N but after doing it several times and now smoking the finished product I am not going back.
It is early to be destroying the leaves all that much. I would find and give them a fast short supply of N to keep them going at least 2-3 weeks longer. probably going to have to use a product in liquid form
I came at it the other way around. I used to drop N by week 3 in flower and keep it low, few years ago started keeping it in longer and longer, and got much healthier harvests.

One thing I need to clarify, when I say I never add N in flower that means any above and beyond what gets added with each feeding, an organic teaing and the bloom nutes, when they go to flower. A, 4 6 1 combo with every feeding and the N content from Seaweed. All which contain small amts of N.
Until this Lady, I have never lacked nor needed anything else. She has me completely stymied.

I did also when I used peat mixes, even in rockwool the last week is just water and some flawless finish. How many weeks in flower are you at now? I forget.
I keep pushing this chart and that's how I'm feeding now. With just base nutes until week 2-3 of flower then everything goes up in a curve, I've stretched it to 10 weeks for my plants and just taper off as it shows. Can anyone argue against this chart?1701201414513.png

I keep pushing this chart and that's how I'm feeding now. With just base nutes until week 2-3 of flower then everything goes up in a curve, I've stretched it to 10 weeks for my plants and just taper off as it shows. Can anyone argue against this chart?View attachment 31669
Seems odd that the chart shows no P, K or even Ca until the second week of flower. But I do agree those nutrients benefit from spikes at the times shown on the chart.

Seems odd that the chart shows no P, K or even Ca until the second week of flower. But I do agree those nutrients benefit from spikes at the times shown on the chart.
With 6 week old plants in Promix I've only fed the 3 time with light feed 3/3/3ml gal and I take this chart as showing just base nutes until week's 2-3 of flower. We don't feed that much in veg anyways . I was getting yellowing leaves starting week 3 ish too but since adding the cal/mag at week 3 I'm not seeing that yellowing start
I rarely added Cal/mag to my plants before I started following this chart, I'd add epsom salts when they went under the led's but not prior to that while under T5's.

I guess my well water has enough ca because when I've added it in the past I locked out my plants from too much cal ...according to Aqua and you guys .

I keep pushing this chart and that's how I'm feeding now. With just base nutes until week 2-3 of flower then everything goes up in a curve, I've stretched it to 10 weeks for my plants and just taper off as it shows. Can anyone argue against this chart?View attachment 31669
Chart is a week or 10 days late with the p and k and weeks late with the c and mag. Imo

I put calciums peak using this chart from Bill Farthing

Chart is a week or 10 days late with the p and k and weeks late with the c and mag. Imo

I put calciums peak using this chart from Bill Farthing

Yes I see that with your chart and looking at mine I see no K before 4,5 weeks where as they get it with more bloom in week 2-3........so my chart does have oddities, even with only 8 weeks I see that as too short a period in flower.

I have seen that chart many times before Aptus started using it. Many grows under commercial LED's has taught me week 2 is the peak of calcium uptake as @smoke posted in the chart Bill Farthing posted many years ago. I have seen it too many times to dispute it. It comes on around day 12 to 18 and it is manifests itself in the fan leaves approximately 6 to 8" from the top of the plant. The sign is rust spots on the fan leaves at the last 1/3 of the finger.
Calcium is considered by some to be immobile and some say mobile. What I have found to be correct is Calcium is semi mobile. The reason why it is actually correct to consider Calcium as being semi mobile is because the pathway the plant uses to move calcium is not that of other mobile nutrients.
The charts Bill Farthing has posted are correct for Cannabis. They can be found at the farm as well as ICMag and a few others.

Ok that's not much different than me. On a 9-10 week strain I cut it way way back by week 7. Almost no nitrogen the last couple weeks of feeding.
I started looking into because of Athena Nutrients. The end product always smelled very similar because of the nutrient profile. Athena was really taking a hit for this and it became widely known. As a result and to save their reputation they came up with a product called Fade. It is calcium chloride, chlorine and micro nutrients. Athena recommends fade from week 6 on. so no N
Athena does their customers shitty, they take calcium Nitrate and add micro nutrients to the shell in an after manufacturing process to force their customers pay about 4 times what calcium nitrate is worth.

I started looking into because of Athena Nutrients. The end product always smelled very similar because of the nutrient profile. Athena was really taking a hit for this and it became widely known. As a result and to save their reputation they came up with a product called Fade. It is calcium chloride, chlorine and micro nutrients. Athena recommends fade from week 6 on. so no N
Athena does their customers shitty, they take calcium Nitrate and add micro nutrients to the shell in an after manufacturing process to force their customers pay about 4 times what calcium nitrate is worth.
When/if the cannabis nutrient lines ever discover Stabilized Calcium Silicate it will be a game changer. So much easier to control it as a standalone nutrient.

This is the problem child..View attachment 31716
So i had a gsc outside this year and no matter how much nitrogen i threw at her she was never happy and lost all her fans by mid flower.

Never got it figured out. Had a clone from it inside and same issue.
Idk 🤷🏻
This is why i suck with this kind of stuff lol.

So i had a gsc outside this year and no matter how much nitrogen i threw at her she was never happy and lost all her fans by mid flower.

Never got it figured out. Had a clone from it inside and same issue.
Idk 🤷🏻
This is why i suck with this kind of stuff lol.
That’s how you learn! Try it all. This one has me on my ear! I have thrown worm tea at her, top dressed her with worm castings and watered them in, seaweed, farmers pride grow, flower girl, and an organic bat guano tea. Not many tricks left in my bag.
She is super pissy about water too. She needs water a full day before everyone else, uses double the water of the others. If you let her get the least bit dry, she will droop and shed leaves.
I’d like to say will be my last grow of her, but I know it won’t, as I’ll swing at it again until I figure it out. Is my nature.

Back
Top Bottom