Mornin ya Menz!
Gonna be another pretty day in the Zarks this morning. Sunshine and a high of 60*. Crazy weather for us. More like Northern Florida. I’m not complaining! Already has saved me a pallet of expensive hardwood pellets. Also giving me a chance to burn off a bunch of softwood pellets that are not such heat producers.
Going to hit the problem child with some calcium nitrate today. Fingers crossed that this fixes her ills!
Thank you to all that has chimed in and helped to plot this course of action. Big thanks to @Anthem275 !
Morning PAL.

Glad you have a plan. Even with data not much help for you here. 😞
Glad you’re able to use the softwood pellets. Hate to waste things. I had wondered earlier if it was worth it to mix the two pellets together? Burn a little faster but a little warmer…IDK?

All the hype about seeds and auction had me go look. Bastards…I got hooked. 🤦

Woke up early and took a peek at the auction again…could have saved another $7 if I had waited. 🤣
So not going back any time soon. To tempting and it’s supposed to be the season of giving. 🎄

Have a great day all.

Morning PAL.

Glad you have a plan. Even with data not much help for you here. 😞
Glad you’re able to use the softwood pellets. Hate to waste things. I had wondered earlier if it was worth it to mix the two pellets together? Burn a little faster but a little warmer…IDK?

All the hype about seeds and auction had me go look. Bastards…I got hooked. 🤦

Woke up early and took a peek at the auction again…could have saved another $7 if I had waited. 🤣
So not going back any time soon. To tempting and it’s supposed to be the season of giving. 🎄

Have a great day all.
Mornin mah friend Zen!
On the pellets, I’ve never mixed them as the flow rate has to be set for the hardwood and it’s a bit different than the softwood. I only bought the softwoods as they were all that was available during that nasty C word. Man, what a difference they are too. Burn much dirtier and not near the btu’s of the hardwood.
I had a pallet and a half left, I’m down to about ten bags. Be glad to see the end of them!
Sooo, what did ya buy at auction?

Went in but had a 3 out 3 consensuses that what was being asked was not going to happen today~!
IMPOSSIBLE to be on roof with a dusting and even an 85 foot lift. Safety first~!(y)
1701268260798.png
My work is in the valleys of death~!:oops:
Try again tomorrow~!;)

Fed my seedlings full dose 3-2-1 this am and they look happy still in solos.
3 out 4 of my DFG are above soil so that looks good also~!
Just installed new 'filter' in humidifier and think it may be helping?

Mornin mah friend Zen!

Sooo, what did ya buy at auction?
First week of November I was looking to get a friend a gift and found this.
IMG_5572.png

Went back on the long weekend to get a second to share and found things to crazy.

Stopped by last night and picked up this.
IMG_5813.png

I was watching/looking for G$ but had an urge. 🤷‍♂️

Went in but had a 3 out 3 consensuses that what was being asked was not going to happen today~!
IMPOSSIBLE to be on roof with a dusting and even an 85 foot lift. Safety first~!(y)
View attachment 31772
Try again tomorrow~!;)

We stayed home too.2 windy to hang a tarp here and run heat. I don't mind the cold but the stone and mortar hate it.

View attachment 31772
Try again tomorrow~!;)

Holy smokes! Man, what a pitch! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
I’m prepping to bag all of my seedlings. So far, so good!
I got rid of my humidifier that had to have filter changes. The filter was running eighty dollars and needing changed about every six weeks due to lime and calcium content of my well water. This new one is a pain in the ass to clean, but much cheaper to run.
Do you add balls to your water? (No remarks from the joke section) this helps a lot!IMG_1472.jpeg

First replacement.
I let the other one get 'funky'.
I don't expect regular replacements but found mine for $24.
Not bad.
I am wondering about something in the water though.
My lights shine right down into it.....
Enough to form algae.....

First replacement.
I let the other one get 'funky'.
I don't expect regular replacements but found mine for $24.
Not bad.
I am wondering about something in the water though.
My lights shine right down into it.....
Enough to form algae.....
Mine has a sterilization UV light in it. Mine also has balls! Blue balls to be exact 😂🤣🥹
They actually seem to really help, as long as I remember to change them out once a month.

Morning fam!

I've been absent, had a nasty cold for a week I'm just now getting over. Missed Thanksgiving with family and everything 😔

Cold AF here... Lung room got down to 62 yesterday, lights off.

So this is my first go for making chocolate.... Still happy with outcome. Came out of mold clean. I have a few tricks to try to do better next time, higher fat cocoa or add a lil infused coconut oil to raise fats.

I touched the top right before picture and didn't realize till after the pic that you can see it, oh well

I made two bars, 3.5 for each.
PXL_20231129_004126984.jpg

PXL_20231129_023034094.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
Prototype wrapper design
PXL_20231129_024428046.jpg
There's a hidden picture of my "chicken" pot pie I made two days ago

Attachments

• PXL_20231128_004413644.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    PXL_20231128_004413644.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    694.3 KB · Views: 6
Morning fam!

I've been absent, had a nasty cold for a week I'm just now getting over. Missed Thanksgiving with family and everything 😔

So this is my first go for making chocolate.... Still happy with outcome. Came out of mold clean. I have a few tricks to try to do better next time, higher fat cocoa or add a lil infused coconut oil to raise fats.

I touched the top right before picture and didn't realize till after the pic that you can see it, oh well

View attachment 31791

View attachment 31789
Prototype wrapper design
View attachment 31792
Man what a cook you are! Chocolate looks lovely, love the wrapper, totally love the chicken pot pie a fantastic looking crust!

Got a new cat 2 weeks ago from the shelter.
She is still finding places to hide during the day but sleeps with us every night.
I thought I was hide and go seeking champ especially living in this house for 30+ years..
NOPE~!:ROFLMAO:
They say the shelters are so overrun you can name your own price~!
1 year old female spayed ,shots and chipped $35.
Just over a year since we lost our last pet.
She seems to like me almost as much as my wife~!:rolleyes:

She is still finding places to hide during the day but sleeps with us every night.
I thought I was hide and go seeking champ especially living in this house for 30+ years..
Always happy to see the shelter animals get a home. It’s a terribly sad time for animals. People can’t afford to feed them and they are being dumped at alarming rates. Our area out here is the worst for it. We have even had ppl turning horse’s loose.
That’s how I got every cat that I have. Finally they are all spayed and neutered, at least stop that much of the chain.

Haha we adopted 2 cats couple months ago, my place is only so big and i can never find them little shitheads lol.

Morning fam!

View attachment 31791

View attachment 31789
Prototype wrapper design
View attachment 31792
Now I’m hungry…

Holy smokes! Man, what a pitch! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
I’m prepping to bag all of my seedlings. So far, so good!
I got rid of my humidifier that had to have filter changes. The filter was running eighty dollars and needing changed about every six weeks due to lime and calcium content of my well water. This new one is a pain in the ass to clean, but much cheaper to run.
Do you add balls to your water? (No remarks from the joke section) this helps a lot!View attachment 31787
Do they work? Have you used them? I'm interested if they do. I see 4+ stars but there's quite a few that are saying they don't and they still get white dust......That's amzon reviews...what's your take?

Do they work? Have you used them? I'm interested if they do. I see 4+ stars but there's quite a few that are saying they don't and they still get white dust......That's amzon reviews...what's your take?
IMO the only way to eliminate 'white dust' with ultrasonic humidifiers is to use RO water. 0 TDS.
I use an evaporative humidifier that put none of that in the air.
They are just not practical for all with tents, but even have a 1 gallon model I used for my 4x4.

IMO the only way to eliminate 'white dust' with ultrasonic humidifiers is to use RO water. 0 TDS.
I use an evaporative humidifier that put none of that in the air.
They are just not practical for all with tents, but even have a 1 gallon model I used for my 4x4.
I only use RO water in my humidifiers but I was hoping maybe these little units could save me a trip to buy water

• Deleted by Habosabin
  • Reason: Dupe
Show…
Is it just me? or does anyone else not want a red glowing element in their heaters? Anything that emits light can't be a good idea in the grow space. Are they saying the infra red light doesn't affect plants?
I don't think those ceramics glow red. It might be just for the ad to show people it hot there. I point mine away from the plants anyway. Don't like direct heat going on my plant in tiny tent.

I don't think those ceramics glow red. It might be just for the ad to show people it hot there. I point mine away from the plants anyway. Don't like direct heat going on my plant in tiny tent.
I have an osculating fan over my fined heater to keep air moving. I had / have an old osculating heater with 2 glowing elements just like the pic so I assumed...

So far, so good. It really seems to help with the lime and calcium buildup. That’s an ongoing problem for me with my well water. I’m still cleaning the unit once a month, but it sure don’t have all the build up, like the filtered one does.

You should run ro or distilled water in your humidifier to prevent any scale.

Edit. Posted before seeing steams and pipe carvers post. 😊
I would love to be able to do that. However, I don’t have a RO system, and the closest Walmart is 90 miles round trip. This thing burns through on average two gallons a day (it holds 4.5 gal) meaning 14 or so a week.
I’ll just break her down once a month clean her and keep adding balls. First one I have ever had that actually takes the humidity to where I want it and holds it there.

I would love to be able to do that. However, I don’t have a RO system, and the closest Walmart is 90 miles round trip. This thing burns through on average two gallons a day (it holds 4.5 gal) meaning 14 or so a week.
I’ll just break her down once a month clean her and keep adding balls. First one I have ever had that actually takes the humidity to where I want it and holds it there.
Damn once a month is nice...mine gives me a damn weekly reminder to my phone and doesn't stop til I unplug or clean it....every damn Sunday. It's mad annoying. Wonder if I could run some pool shock in it or not....something to combat the slime and mold from forming...anyone?

Is it just me? or does anyone else not want a red glowing element in their heaters? Anything that emits light can't be a good idea in the grow space. Are they saying the infra red light doesn't affect plants?
Idk. I wont use it in the tent, looks like a good back up heater is all lol.
I cant even find any info on it so thankfully it was free! 🤷🏻🤣

Back
Top Bottom