That’s how you learn! Try it all. This one has me on my ear! I have thrown worm tea at her, top dressed her with worm castings and watered them in, seaweed, farmers pride grow, flower girl, and an organic bat guano tea. Not many tricks left in my bag.
She is super pissy about water too. She needs water a full day before everyone else, uses double the water of the others. If you let her get the least bit dry, she will droop and shed leaves.
I’d like to say will be my last grow of her, but I know it won’t, as I’ll swing at it again until I figure it out. Is my nature.
Some plants are just nutrient pigs. Sounds like you got one there.

That’s how you learn! Try it all. This one has me on my ear! I have thrown worm tea at her, top dressed her with worm castings and watered them in, seaweed, farmers pride grow, flower girl, and an organic bat guano tea. Not many tricks left in my bag.
She is super pissy about water too. She needs water a full day before everyone else, uses double the water of the others. If you let her get the least bit dry, she will droop and shed leaves.
I’d like to say will be my last grow of her, but I know it won’t, as I’ll swing at it again until I figure it out. Is my nature.
So that probably explains some of the other issues besides the leaves being eaten up looking for N. At this point I would just ride it out with your normal nutrients. There is so much other stuff in the media I really do not think you can fix it!

So that probably explains some of the other issues besides the leaves being eaten up looking for N. At this point I would just ride it out with your normal nutrients. There is so much other stuff in the media I really do not think you can fix it!
Just so you know, all of those things are a part of my regimen on the regular at different stages of my grows. The only thing this Lady has got that the rest did not was a top dressing with worm castings at week three when she started to burn the N and a couple of days ago some flower girl watered into the soil.
After the top dressing she corrected herself and was looking up. At week 4.5 she began to yellow again.
Im just hoping we can make it a couple of weeks to which time I would have taken her to plain water.
So it’s not like I have just assaulted her with N.
Im trying to learn how to handle her next time. Cross your fingers for me!

Just so you know, all of those things are a part of my regimen on the regular at different stages of my grows. The only thing this Lady has got that the rest did not was a top dressing with worm castings at week three when she started to burn the N and a couple of days ago some flower girl watered into the soil.
After the top dressing she corrected herself and was looking up. At week 4.5 she began to yellow again.
Im just hoping we can make it a couple of weeks to which time I would have taken her to plain water.
So it’s not like I have just assaulted her with N.
Im trying to learn how to handle her next time. Cross your fingers for me!
Do you have any calcium nitrate?

Can you mix about 10 grams in a gallon of water and at the same time use your standard nutrient feed?
I can, I will try that. I’ve never had a calcium deficiency as my water is full of calcium and I also know that calcium increases the uptake of nitrogen while in flower. At this point, I’d be open to trying it though!

I can, I will try that. I’ve never had a calcium deficiency as my water is full of calcium and I also know that calcium increases the uptake of nitrogen while in flower. At this point, I’d be open to trying it though!
Calcium Nitrate is the main Nitrogen component in most nutrient mixtures. The extra calcium will not be a problem, adding the calcium nitrate to see if it will stop the plant consuming leaves. I just looked up Molders Chart to see if there is an interaction between N and CA, did not see anything. . So I am a little lost on that part.

Calcium Nitrate is the main Nitrogen component in most nutrient mixtures. The extra calcium will not be a problem, adding the calcium nitrate to see if it will stop the plant consuming leaves. I just looked up Molders Chart to see if there is an interaction between N and CA, did not see anything. . So I am a little lost on that part.
Isn’t Calcium Nitrate the result of combining calcium and nitrogen? Maybe I misunderstood that process?
My info about cal causing a bigger nitrogen uptake came via an old grower.
Anyways what I have on hand is 50-0-0. That work?

Man oh man what a gorgeous moon tonight! Full and orange. Called the Beavers Moon. I know I’m gonna be chasing it around the yard with a camera. If you can see the moon where ever you are, it’s worth the look up.

Sounds like she wants a 30 gallon pot....this is that outdoor legend plant right? Maybe she just wants to make a redwood tree

😆🤪

I'd like to say my plant I had during my first run that I cloned and took outdoor was similar...just hungry and eating herself up....one thing that I did notice is I had 2 soils and the one I'd say had more nutrients to it held green longer.

Sounds like she wants a 30 gallon pot....this is that outdoor legend plant right? Maybe she just wants to make a redwood tree

😆🤪

I'd like to say my plant I had during my first run that I cloned and took outdoor was similar...just hungry and eating herself up....one thing that I did notice is I had 2 soils and the one I'd say had more nutrients to it held green longer.
No, this is that Virginia strain.
This is the only one I have ever had to do this. I just have to assume there is something different about her.

Isn’t Calcium Nitrate the result of combining calcium and nitrogen? Maybe I misunderstood that process?
My info about cal causing a bigger nitrogen uptake came via an old grower.
Anyways what I have on hand is 50-0-0. That work?
Yes and no. Calcium Nitrate is a solid dry salt. Is comes together and forms a molecule that combines both of these. It is like 15.5-0-0 and 18 percent calcium. Once it comes into contact with water is breaks down to calcium and nitrogen.
Use 4 grams of your 50-0-0 in 1 gallon and see if it stops the plant from taking nitrogen out of the leaves.

Mornin ya Menz!
Gonna be another pretty day in the Zarks this morning. Sunshine and a high of 60*. Crazy weather for us. More like Northern Florida. I’m not complaining! Already has saved me a pallet of expensive hardwood pellets. Also giving me a chance to burn off a bunch of softwood pellets that are not such heat producers.
Going to hit the problem child with some calcium nitrate today. Fingers crossed that this fixes her ills!
Thank you to all that has chimed in and helped to plot this course of action. Big thanks to @Anthem275 !

Back
Top Bottom