I would love to be able to do that. However, I don’t have a RO system, and the closest Walmart is 90 miles round trip. This thing burns through on average two gallons a day (it holds 4.5 gal) meaning 14 or so a week.
I’ll just break her down once a month clean her and keep adding balls. First one I have ever had that actually takes the humidity to where I want it and holds it there.
I have a cheap RO system from Amazon that attaches to hose bib outside for like $60. Makes like 5 gallons an hour.

Damn once a month is nice...mine gives me a damn weekly reminder to my phone and doesn't stop til I unplug or clean it....every damn Sunday. It's mad annoying. Wonder if I could run some pool shock in it or not....something to combat the slime and mold from forming...anyone?
Hydrogen peroxide would kill any pathogens. I was theorizing that using a humidifier with h2o2 might kill mold spores in the tent but that is just a crazy stoner idea.

Hydrogen peroxide would kill any pathogens. I was theorizing that using a humidifier with h2o2 might kill mold spores in the tent but that is just a crazy stoner idea.
Yea I'm going to have to really bare down and figure that out. I ran a little cap full in there and it still by the week mark started to show signs of pink mold. Need to figure out what it holds gallon wise and how much h2o2 to neutralize it properly. I wanted better results than I got the first time....it did help though could have got another bit from it but I changed it anyway.

Maybe it needs to be added every so often I think it dissipates or off gasses or some process of basically going away lol

Yea I'm going to have to really bare down and figure that out. I ran a little cap full in there and it still by the week mark started to show signs of pink mold. Need to figure out what it holds gallon wise and how much h2o2 to neutralize it properly. I wanted better results than I got the first time....it did help though could have got another bit from it but I changed it anyway.

Maybe it needs to be added every so often I think it dissipates
You can get food grade 29% h2o2. I'm pretty sure it burns off fairly rapidly so I'd imagine apply every 3 or so days to keep the res clean.

Maybe it needs to be added every so often I think it dissipates or off gasses or some process of basically going away lol
Is your humidifier in the light or something. I usually don't get growth in mine. Mine has a darker tinted water tank.

I have a reptile style with a long hose so you can keep it outside of the tent like the ac infinity.

Is your humidifier in the light or something. I usually don't get growth in mine. Mine has a darker tinted water tank.
Yea, it's in my tent. It's a smoked clear tank, not clear but not blacked out....hmmm I wonder tho. I'll spray paint that sumbich

Come in here tomorrow with a rhino-liner covered huey 😂

Ohhhh..have a link to it?
Here you go.

AQUATICLIFE RO Buddie 3-Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System, RO Unit 50 GPD https://a.co/d/2eQxB9x

It says 50 gallons a day but I get more like around 5 gallons in 70 minutes. If you need it faster they have 100gpd units for slightly more.

I don't worry about replacing the carbons because they are more for taste and the RO filters last a long time.

Last edited:
Yea, it's in my tent. It's a smoked clear tank, not clear but not blacked out....hmmm I wonder tho. I'll spray paint that sumbich

Come in here tomorrow with a rhino-liner covered huey 😂
If you spray it you won't be able to see the water color, looking through my tank blue water good, green water bad. then I use vinegar to clean it. . I didn't think about light through the humidifier though, maybe a cardboard sleeve to fit over the tank like a double cup for hot coffee.

Man what a cook you are! Chocolate looks lovely, love the wrapper, totally love the chicken pot pie a fantastic looking crust!
Oh thank you! Chocolate could be better, just thankful I avoided chocolate seize. I need to keep the heat a little lower next time I think and higher fat content will help out with a better melt and mold fill. Just gave away both bars today to some friends, one is saving for new years with his wife. He better, cause I gave them an ounce for a baby shower that he smoked all of before she gave birth...

I was thinking about sharing this amazing chili recipe with you guys on here that I just discovered. Coworkers said it could win a contest. The really cool thing about the chili is that it has zero chili powder, just a butt load of real chilis!!!

If you spray it you won't be able to see the water color, looking through my tank blue water good, green water bad. then I use vinegar to clean it. . I didn't think about light through the humidifier though, maybe a cardboard sleeve to fit over the tank like a double cup for hot coffee.
Im in a good habit of taking the tank off and looking in the base where most build up occurs but yea I'm really not gonna spray it lol...I do have black plastic sheeting and tape tho hmm

Here you go.

AQUATICLIFE RO Buddie 3-Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System, RO Unit 50 GPD https://a.co/d/2eQxB9x

It says 50 gallons a day but I get more like around 5 gallons in 70 minutes. If you need it faster they have 100gpd units for slightly more.

I don't worry about replacing the carbons because they are more for taste and the RO filters last a long time.
I bought a cheapish 4 stage unit about $175. After I got it and read the manual I sent it back at my cost $28. The waste water was like 5 -1 there were 3 filters and a chemical pack to drop the ph down to zero. All need to be replaced on a regular basis, every 3-4 months or less. It was the waste water that through me off it though,I'm on a well needing at the time10 gal every 3 days I'd be dumping 50 Gal at a time. Too much for me to waste in the summer months especially

I bought a cheapish 4 stage unit about $175. After I got it and read the manual I sent it back at my cost $28. The waste water was like 5 -1 there were 3 filters and a chemical pack to drop the ph down to zero. All need to be replaced on a regular basis, every 3-4 months or less. It was the waste water that through me off it though,I'm on a well needing at the time10 gal every 3 days I'd be dumping 50 Gal at a time. Too much for me to waste in the summer months especially
Yeah. Ro has waste water because it has to rinse the RO part. You could keep the waste and water some outside plants with it or something. I've never seen a chemical part. That would be costlier than the little 3 part one. RO water is like 99c a gallon at the store so I figure once I get 60 gallons it's all gravy.

Ohhhh..have a link to it?
Granny these are not cheap but well worth their cost. They are true 2 to 1 units. The GX200 is 200 gallons a day and the filters will last you over a year.

Ok H202 needs to be installed daily to be in force.

10mil. to 1 gallon should kill everything.
H202 dissipates completely in 24 hours.
It becomes oxygen and water.
So you may need to add it a couples days in a row if the unit is not cleaned up first.

Granny these are not cheap but well worth their cost. They are true 2 to 1 units. The GX200 is 200 gallons a day and the filters will last you over a year.
Thank you for this. I don't have RO but hope I will be and to setup in new place next year.

2:1 ratio is amazing!!! I had stayed away from them due to waste water, but I can live with 2:1

Well the problem child got the calcium nitrate today. Hopefully in the next three to four days we see an improvement. I have never had a plant that drinks like this one! She has run me to death just keeping water to her. She literally drinks double what the other ladies do and they drink plenty.
So, fingers crossed that we see an improvement in her!

Well the problem child got the calcium nitrate today. Hopefully in the next three to four days we see an improvement. I have never had a plant that drinks like this one! She has run me to death just keeping water to her. She literally drinks double what the other ladies do and they drink plenty.
So, fingers crossed that we see an improvement in her!
Mine are starting to slow down on drinking now at 6.5 weeks. I'm taking them to 9 (maybe 65 or 66 days hopefully) wasn't expecting them to slow the drinking for about another week....we'll see

Morning all~!
10 degrees warmer today but still 27f.
Supposed to be best day of week with storm coming tomorrow night which may linger past Monday~!
My crew works all winter, none of us get laid off like the roofers~!:rolleyes:
Storms are my friend..
1701338893990.png
:p

Morning all~!
Supposed to be best day of week with storm coming tomorrow night which may linger past Monday~!
Storms are my friend..
View attachment 31915
Wife buys that cheese sometimes. It is crap.

Morning all~!
Storms are my friend..
View attachment 31915
You guys do alot of big jobs it looks like. Yall get to do any flat roofs? Those are great winter work that hot tar keep a fella warm 😇. You almost make me wanna get on another roof, almost. I mean, I'll do it but nothing I look forward to haha.

You guys all kick arse. Just wanted to say. Wish I would have had the balls years ago to sign up instead of lurk around from time to time. Met some really solid people, as I get older and married up and kidded out my social life is pretty much non existent lol. I look around and I'm like damn I went from like 100 friends (pot was illegal I had more "friends" 🙄) to having like 3 or 4 really good friends in my personal life. I'll tell ya what tho, i consider everyone here a friend as well. Alot of you have taken time to help me, and I can't say enough thanks to you all. Hopefully I've been helpful along the way, but look to be more helpful as I gain a grip on my growing and finances. 2024 gonna be a better year for me, I'm feeling the vibe. I'm gonna ride that wave yall got me sailing high on...and keeper on the up-n-up!

Love y'all

Have a great day everyone.

@freezeland
I know you're a lab guy, you have any interest in this?? View attachment 31934
Its a Ducks Unlimited picture i won in a raffle like 10 years ago.
Its called "From Outta Nowhere"
I dont want it anymore and thought maybe youd like it for free.
Let me know man!
That’s a very nice gesture GS. I have several of the DU prints hanging here. Not sure where I’d hang another though.

Back
Top Bottom