I got a new roof this year too. Metal, 25,000. Nuts! I expected about 12k.
I don’t know how many square feet was on Mosh’s house, looks bigger than mine. Mine is a two story and is 3000 square feet. These guys came in mass and had it all done within three days. They did an excellent job of clean up too. Would never have known they had been here.
Shits still absurd. I looked into having a counter top installed. They wanted 2 grand. For like 3 hours worth of work. So your 3 hours is worth 3 weeks of my pay? Fuck outta hear I'll do it myself. Easily could do 2 jobs in a day...pocket 4k pay your help a little 150 bucks....and GO F YOURSELF! Lol

And I ain't trying to hear that "you are paying for the years of experience and how to do it that quickly".

I did it just as quick with no experience and all I had to do was get my help stoned because that's how me and my friends roll lol

That's the thing, a decent hourly wage is perfectly fine. When you are trying to take a months worth of my pay in hours...I got a problem...better take your ass a couple weeks atleast, I can see paying ya double what I make...past that...kiss my ass

Shits still absurd. I looked into having a counter top installed. They wanted 2 grand. For like 3 hours worth of work. So your 3 hours is worth 3 weeks of my pay? Fuck outta hear I'll do it myself. Easily could do 2 jobs in a day...pocket 4k pay your help a little 150 bucks....and GO F YOURSELF! Lol

And I ain't trying to hear that "you are paying for the years of experience and how to do it that quickly".

I did it just as quick with no experience and all I had to do was get my help stoned because that's how me and my friends roll lol
Another job I paid out the nose for. I have 27‘ of quartz countertops, I just didn’t see me pulling that one off! No wayyyy was any of my stoned friends gonna be invited to cut that slab of rock!

I gutted and rehabbed my whole house in 2019/2020, not the biggest house 1200 square ft. Did it all for under 20k though, that's with cabinets and paying someone to install the flooring I didn't wanna do that shit (dollar a square foot I couldn't pass up 1200 for whole house)

I'd have hated to even talk to a contractor...my cousin up the road has 1500 Sq ft he ended up about 120k in the hole messing around with some "contractor"

Funny part is, it took the contractor just as long as it did me by myself...he wouldn't show up for weeks my cousin said. We got moved back in before they did (same month I think tho)

I did all the stuff I could do. I revamped my oak cabinets, did all the painting and my Hubby laid the flooring. Revamping the cabinets saved me a lot!
My house is full of wood. The ceilings are even wood, just had wayyyyy too much light colored wood in it, so I took the cabinets to a walnut color. I did this with a rustoleum cabinet kit. Fantastic stuff. Good rich color and holding up like a champ.
Ignore the cat in this pic, he finally stood up and I found his hiding place. He flattens out up there and you cannot see even a hair of him, but I know where he is hiding now when he sneaks in the house! Just takes a ladder to get him down!IMG_1473.jpeg

I did all the stuff I could do. I revamped my oak cabinets, did all the painting and my Hubby laid the flooring. Revamping the cabinets saved me a lot!
My house is full of wood. The ceilings are even wood, just had wayyyyy too much light colored wood in it, so I took the cabinets to a walnut color. I did this with a rustoleum cabinet kit. Fantastic stuff. Good rich color and holding up like a champ.
Ignore the cat in this pic, he finally stood up and I found his hiding place. He flattens out up there and you cannot see even a hair of him, but I know where he is hiding now when he sneaks in the house! Just takes a ladder to get him down!View attachment 32457
Nice, I really dig the ceiling too!

When I was younger and ambitious I did my house over.
No speed records. 2 years for kitchen~! New heat vent ducts, sublfloors right to custom made cabinets.
I like to do my best work on ceilings~!
DSC_0607.JPG
^^ Kitchen ceiling^^
DSC_0609 - Copy.JPG^^ Breakfast nook that used to be 3 season room and outdoor porch to right^^
DSC_0610 - Copy.JPG
^^ Nook to what used to be porch^^
DSC_0608 - Copy.JPG
^^ Brass dining room ceiling with double oak crowns and embossed casing^^

The pediment over the opening that used to be a window to outdoor porch is from a 100 year old cathedrals copper gutter.
:cool:

Mornin ya Menz!
Another beautiful sunny day in the Zarks! Mid 50s to lower 60’s. I can do that!
This is the warmest craziest winter I have ever seen. El Nino set us up for this. I like it! Also tells me that when we do have a snow, it will be big, heavy and wet.
Good news this morning, the problem child has regreened and is holding her own. If she just holds for another week and a half, we got it made. At that point she will go on plain water and if she wants to turn yellow and drop her leaves, fine by me. Less cleaning for sure.
Heres wishing a good day upon ya all!
So calcium nitrate was the answer?

I've had a plant do same, probably worse lol just because I never corrected it, log that into the ole databrain for future reference

When I was younger and ambitious I did my house over.
No speed records. 2 years for kitchen~! New heat vent ducts, sublfloors right to custom made cabinets.
I like to do my best work on ceilings~!
View attachment 32459
^^ Kitchen ceiling^^
View attachment 32460^^ Breakfast nook that used to be 3 season room and outdoor porch to right^^
View attachment 32461
^^ Nook to what used to be porch^^
View attachment 32462
^^ Brass dining room ceiling with double oak crowns and embossed casing^^

The pediment over the opening that used to be a window to outdoor porch is from a 100 year old cathedrals copper gutter.
:cool:
Absolutely beautiful! I love all the originality. Xlent job Steam!

That's the thing, a decent hourly wage is perfectly fine. When you are trying to take a months worth of my pay in hours...I got a problem...better take your ass a couple weeks atleast, I can see paying ya double what I make...past that...kiss my ass
Trouble is not everyone is as handy or can figure things out anymore - people just pay

I gutted and rehabbed my whole house in 2019/2020, not the biggest house 1200 square ft. Did it all for under 20k though, that's with cabinets and paying someone to install the flooring I didn't wanna do that shit (dollar a square foot I couldn't pass up 1200 for whole house)

I'd have hated to even talk to a contractor...my cousin up the road has 1500 Sq ft he ended up about 120k in the hole messing around with some "contractor"

Funny part is, it took the contractor just as long as it did me by myself...he wouldn't show up for weeks my cousin said. We got moved back in before they did (same month I think tho)
Gosh sounds like the Florida contractors are movin around too ! That’s a Florida contractor story right there.

So calcium nitrate was the answer?

I've had a plant do same, probably worse lol just because I never corrected it, log that into the ole databrain for future reference
I think it actually was a combo of things. Upping the farmers pride to the full 10 ml dose, adding flower girl and the calcium nitrate at half the recommended dose. Can always add more right?
I believe she is going to make it to the 7.5 mark! I still have all of the top third of my leaves.
I will say again, it’s something about this plant. She is pissy super pissy about water. Let her get the least bit dry, she is gonna shed any leaf that drooped. (I don’t allow that often, but in this case I was killing the last of the organic gnats off). She also consumes almost double the water of all the other plants.

Okay ya Menz I’m outta here and off on a stone cruise to the falls and the river. Gonna grab a bad azz burger in town, and stone cruise the valley on the long way back home 😍
It’s Ferris Buhlers day off!

it's a crime to use water in hot coco in this house!

We may not agree when it comes to beans in sadness soup and calling it chili or the fact that it's dressing and not stuffing, but yes, this is on point and xtra credit for using whole milk and not any of that thinned out white colored water pretending to be milk.:cool:
And IDK if it's a south of the border thing or not but you ever put a cinnamon stick in your hot chocolate? So good!

My wife is more into hot cocoa than I am but in recent years I've been having fun buying her cocoa bombs. It's a hollow ball of milk chocolate filled with dehydrated marshmallows. Drop the bomb in and it melts. Some even come with an edible chocolate spoon!

My wife is lactose intolerant but even she uses milk!!

wow now that is some serious dedication to good coco!! sucks she feels pain from it though, the chocolate is supposed to make ya forget about your pains not cause them.

using whole milk and not any of that thinned out white colored water pretending to be milk.:cool:

yeah that's another staple here at the luv shack.. it's only been a couple years now that we buy our milk from a grocery store though. the local dairy farm here closed down and that's where we always got our milk since i was a kid... store milk really sucks man!!

ever put a cinnamon stick in your hot chocolate? So good!

my girl likes the cinnamon, i have real sticks that i use for the apple pie moonshine so i slip a piece in her mug now and then... me, i like a little squirt of caramel added to mine!!

My wife is more into hot cocoa than I am but in recent years I've been having fun buying her cocoa bombs. It's a hollow ball of milk chocolate filled with dehydrated marshmallows. Drop the bomb in and it melts. Some even come with an edible chocolate spoon!

oh i just read this out loud and we're getting these!!! for sure!!! hope they make em in dark chocolate though!!! :D

yeah that's another staple here at the luv shack.. it's only been a couple years now that we buy our milk from a grocery store though. the local dairy farm here closed down and that's where we always got our milk since i was a kid... store milk really sucks man!!
Agreed! I buy milk from the local farm.

Meadowbrook dairy has some really good fkn milk. Its so thick and creamy, they even have chocolate milk!!!

Agreed! I buy milk from the local farm.

Meadowbrook dairy has some really good fkn milk. Its so thick and creamy, they even have chocolate milk!!!
1701652812429.png
^^I put one of their roofs on like 15 years ago~!^^
They are rated best milk in the area, but oh the smell on that site~!
Hope to never work on a dairy farm again.

yeah i'm jelly you guys!!! i miss our local farm so much!! the freakin ice cream!!

Steam, pig farms are way worse on the smell hope ya never have to work at one of those!!

View attachment 32524
^^I put one of their roofs on like 15 years ago~!^^
They are rated best milk in the area, but oh the smell on that site~!
Hope to never work on a dairy farm again.
Man im only minutes straight up the hill from that farm! When they spread liquid shit on their fields, we can smell it if the wind shifts 🤮🤢

Back
Top Bottom