I do 😊 All-of my planting indoors or out is done by moon phases. Think about what the moon does to the sea. I don’t believe a wall between makes a difference and I find it just as fruitful inside. 🥰

So if I was to put a seed in a shot glass does that count or when it goes in soil? Or both?

I was never the farmer, just the help.

As for me, I find a period when it has two good consecutive days to plant. The first day I soak, the next day I plant.

Jeff is too good to all of us.
It has too just be who he is which is even better.
@Zen_seeker I count when the germinated seed goes in soil.
But that is not officially the beginning of veg as there is a seedling stage.
View attachment 35625
As for me, I could never hold a veg stage that long. The plant would far outgrow the spaces I have. As soon as I up pot, I start counting. Generally 6-7 weeks is the max that I hold.

As for me, I could never hold a veg stage that long. The plant would far outgrow the spaces I have. As soon as I up pot, I start counting. Generally 6-7 weeks is the max that I hold.
Agreed, i think this run might go 8 week in veg, we are week 5 of veg now, i left them in solos too long but oh well lol.

So 6-7 weeks from the time it pokes up from soil?
I think that is really how a lot count.
I have been counting since popped up out of soil myself.
Otherwise it looks like day 1 of veg is 3 weeks after germination if you do not count 'seedling' time.
That would make plants too large for many like you I think.
Agreed, i think this run might go 8 week in veg, we are week 5 of veg now, i left them in solos too long but oh well lol.
I can see 8 weeks veg being reasonable.
If you count day 1 from pop.
If you gave them 3 weeks before the 8 that would be a long veg IMO.

So 6-7 weeks from the time it pokes up from soil?
I think that is really how a lot count.
I have been counting since popped up out of soil myself.
Otherwise it looks like day 1 of veg is 3 weeks after germination if you do not count 'seedling' time.
That would make plants too large for many like you I think.

I can see 8 weeks veg being reasonable.
If you count day 1 from pop.
If you gave them 3 weeks before the 8 that would be a long veg IMO.
No, 6-7 after it gets out of seedling stage. As soon as we get through the seedling stage, I up pot. From there 6-7 weeks later I am headed to flower.
That make sense?

One more plant to go! I’m almost on parole! Having a smoke break and a glass of tea, and then I’m going after that one! Gonna go to bed tonight with that job done!
I’m tired of trim jail!

One more plant to go! I’m almost on parole! Having a smoke break and a glass of tea, and then I’m going after that one! Gonna go to bed tonight with that job done!
I’m tired of trim jail!
1703724308440.png
Get it done~!
Felt the same way up potting 17 plants today..

No, 6-7 after it gets out of seedling stage. As soon as we get through the seedling stage, I up pot. From there 6-7 weeks later I am headed to flower.
That make sense?
That makes sense and is the time frame I try to use.(y)
I feel 8 weeks from pop is real close.
I up potted twice this grow.
Almost as bad as trim jail.
Messier and less instant reward~!😐

View attachment 35681
Get it done~!
Felt the same way up potting 17 plants today..
Nowwww ya give it to me! 🧐
Id rather eat dirt as up pot! One of those necessary evils. No way I could run 17. I always have six in veg and six in flower. That’s about all I can handle!

Well shitballs. I popped beans yesterday lmao 🤷🏻
Well, you are in luck!
  • 26th – 27th
    Start seedbeds and flower gardens. Good days for transplanting. Most favorable days for planting beets, onions, turnips, and other root crops where climate allows.
  • 28th – 31st
    A barren period. Favorable for killing plant pests, cultivating, or taking a short vacation.

Easiest way to do this, get a zodiac calendar. I use Cancer and Taurus.
As per Farmers Almanac:
But knowing the phase of the Moon isn’t enough. Planting by the Moon also requires knowledge of the Moon’s place in the zodiac, based on ancient lore that each sign confers certain growing conditions.

For instance, water and earth signs—Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces, Taurus, and Capricorn—are said to bring moist, fertile conditions, whereas most air and fire signs—Gemini, Aquarius, Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius—are said to be barren. There are some exceptions to that rule, though. The earth sign Virgo is barren, and the air sign Libra is said to be a relatively fertile sign.

Some signs are also believed to benefit specific types of plants. For example, Taurus is said to favor leafy greens, while corn does best under the influence of Libra.

Well, you are in luck!
  • 26th – 27th
    Start seedbeds and flower gardens. Good days for transplanting. Most favorable days for planting beets, onions, turnips, and other root crops where climate allows.
  • 28th – 31st
    A barren period. Favorable for killing plant pests, cultivating, or taking a short vacation.
Well dang would ya look at that! Lets hope this grow is a good one then! 😆😆

Jeff is too good to all of us.
It has too just be who he is which is even better.
@Zen_seeker I count when the germinated seed goes in soil.
But that is not officially the beginning of veg as there is a seedling stage.
View attachment 35625
Just who he is - even years ago I bought from him on the farm answered every question helped me thru a grow ! Made me a customer for life as long as he selling seeds I’m in

Easiest way to do this, get a zodiac calendar. I use Cancer and Taurus.
As per Farmers Almanac:
But knowing the phase of the Moon isn’t enough. Planting by the Moon also requires knowledge of the Moon’s place in the zodiac, based on ancient lore that each sign confers certain growing conditions.

For instance, water and earth signs—Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces, Taurus, and Capricorn—are said to bring moist, fertile conditions, whereas most air and fire signs—Gemini, Aquarius, Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius—are said to be barren. There are some exceptions to that rule, though. The earth sign Virgo is barren, and the air sign Libra is said to be a relatively fertile sign.

Some signs are also believed to benefit specific types of plants. For example, Taurus is said to favor leafy greens, while corn does best under the influence of Libra.
You lost me at Zodiac

Morning all~!
View attachment 35759
:oops:

The farmers almanac and the article I linked earlier explain a little.
View attachment 35757
That’s it! When I’m prepping to plant, I do so around this and the moon phases.
All of these are broken down into four elements. Fire, Air, Earth and Water. The most beneficial are of course water and earth. These are in conjunction with the moon phase.
I have used this for over forty years. It’s just a part of planting to me.
While many are happily and easily swayed by “bro science”, I’ll just stick with the ancient ways used and taught for many many years. Kind of one of those you do your thing and I’ll do my thing too.
People ask, I’m willing to share.
BTW, morninnnnn Steam!

Last edited:
Here’s an excellent chart showing you what every sign looks like in our night skies. Each sign has a constellation. Ever seen your birth sign in the night sky? I have.
This has zero to do with foretelling futures, but rather about how the moon works in conjunction with celestial constellations, ebb and flow, gravity.
Pretty amazing to know the Moon is what controls our oceans tides, with gravitational pull. Makes it not so hard to believe it has an effect on plants as well. If one big rock in the sky can control the heartbeats of our oceans, what else does it affect?
There are 12 signs, one for a period of time for each month of the year.
Each moon phase encompasses signs of the zodiac. The zodiac, more of a key to read the moon signs or rather the moons map/location.IMG_1631.jpegIMG_1632.jpeg
The twelve signs are in four categories of the elements. Earth, Air, Fire and Water.
Makes sense to me to plant when all the universe is set to grow. Earth and Water being the most beneficial. Fire and Air represent barren planting times.
Common sense tells me that I would not plant in a fire nor the air. However water and earth/soil would be my chosen ticket.
Second pic is how the signs are broken down into elements. This makes reading a zodiacs calendar easy. By simply glancing at the date, you know quickly if it’s the most beneficial or fruitful. The signs above each one is actually ancient writings describing each sign.
@freezeland Thanks for the challenge of making me try to explain the process versus just telling people the correct times. Now, anyone that wishes has the key. 🥰

Last edited:
This looks a lot like one I just harvested. Oregon Grape. Long open areas between nodes and small rock hard buds, even on scrog.
If it were not such a kick ass buzz, I more than likely would not grow it again. It was the lowest producing plant of my crop and one of the strongest.View attachment 35765
Thats how i feel about this one too. It would be a keeper if i had a bigger space and i was looking for a plant to sift/wash cause it sifts really well and the hash is gooey and tastes of oily grapes.

Back
Top Bottom