Well you could follow frenchie’s hot press method - but I’ve gone old school Afghan - it’s unkleaned drysift then gets heated an mixed with water and worked into a paste as the water evaporates then yes after that you can handle it - that cube will spend about 2/3 months curing before I smoke it ( hopefully) lol - I’m currently resting my grow area won’t have anything going for a month or so - when I have some good cured kief I’ll post a video - it’s work but worth it to me ! Lol course if I were in Canada cheebas sells domestic and import hash
Mosh, using your method you end up with the texture look more like what you "see" on cheebas , pressing with heat is more like the blonde Lebanese.
Pressed some in 2021 and stored in the fridge for 2 years wrapped in cellophane and foil it is aging ie light getting darker

Pictures from just now taken out and unwrapped,hard to see but it is darkening witb age20230531_112059.jpg20230531_112016.jpg

Dry sift screens. Then you separate the heads using one if several methods to get pure trichs, then you can hot bottle press it to get a more traditional hash than just pressing a puck. View attachment 5124View attachment 5125
Cool, thanks TSD. Something else to research now that I have data. Not near enough kief if that’s the goal. Good reason to grind some more. 🤣

Cool, thanks TSD. Something else to research now that I have data. Not near enough kief if that’s the goal. Good reason to grind some more. 🤣
I used last years bud. Very dry and in a cold area. Crumbling it up and rub it around, and after a couple screens you card it to push the heads through. Check out Dank Duchess on YouTube, she does good walk-throughs.
I separated the heads using the static method, where you rub a gloved hand or gloved paint roller in one direction across the final screen, it creates static electricity and the heads stick to the glove. Roller is easier because there's a clear line and the contaminate is easier to see and remove. Then you clean what's beneath the screen as well. 20230109_130459.jpg

I used last years bud. Very dry and in a cold area. Crumbling it up and rub it around, and after a couple screens you card it to push the heads through. Check out Dank Duchess on YouTube, she does good walk-throughs.
I separated the heads using the static method, where you rub a gloved hand or gloved paint roller in one direction across the final screen, it creates static electricity and the heads stick to the glove. Roller is easier because there's a clear line and the contaminate is easier to see and remove. Then you clean what's beneath the screen as well. View attachment 5135
Gloves we have lots of.

Trimbin should be okay for screen I would think? Thanks for the link. I’ll look tonight after dinner.

Yeah you can use whatever, obviously bud is going to yield more trichs for your efforts.
You said you rub buds on a screen. I just meant it’s the only screen I have to collect with.

If I dump buds into “The Trimbin” is that screen good enough? Then push, roll, crumble, etc.

I assume so as it’s for trimming but might be to big? IDK Thought I’d ask.

You said you rub buds on a screen. I just meant it’s the only screen I have to collect with.

If I dump buds into “The Trimbin” is that screen good enough? Then push, roll, crumble, etc.

I assume so as it’s for trimming but might be to big? IDK Thought I’d ask.
It has to be one that makes static for the glove technique to work. You need fine screens to collect the trichs and filterout the plant material... at least a couple sizes, I have 4.

Aluminum Screen Printing Screens, 20 x 24 Inch Pre-Stretched Silk Screen Frames, Dry Sift Screen Set of 4, Polyester mesh Screen, 60 90 110 200 Mesh, Micron Equiv 250 165 149 75 https://a.co/d/2UcTWDq

It will work but as you said it’s prolly pretty big ? I have one I can change screens in if your on a tight budget flour sifters usaually come in a a pack that will work I personally use the 120 and 90 the most

Congrats to @Aqua Man for hitting the one thousandth post mark with his post View attachment 5179

at the corner today! Whooooooop whoooooooop bring on the dancin ladies 🎉 🎈 🎊
Awe thanks @CannaGranny

Well first I’d like to thank my sausage fingers for putting in the work. My mother for taking me to the hospital all those times to get my digits reattached or sewn back together and finally this plant that brings all of us fine folks together.

One last plant to buck and jar today! Looking forward to concluding this grow. Four days of trimming, followed by twelve days of drying and today is five days of closer trimming and jarring up the goodies. I’ve a super nice blister in the soft spot of my hand between my thumb and forefinger and my azz is tired of me sitting on it. Awwwww the joys of the grow. 😂
All of this so I can tear down, clean up and start over again.
I know @Shaded and @Pipecarver should be doing the same thing or at least closer to doing it. We all went to flower at the same time.
Here’s wishing all a fantastic day! 🥰

It has to be one that makes static for the glove technique to work. You need fine screens to collect the trichs and filterout the plant material... at least a couple sizes, I have 4.

Aluminum Screen Printing Screens, 20 x 24 Inch Pre-Stretched Silk Screen Frames, Dry Sift Screen Set of 4, Polyester mesh Screen, 60 90 110 200 Mesh, Micron Equiv 250 165 149 75 https://a.co/d/2UcTWDq
I looked at those and its a good price until I look at shipping / exchange and taxes = $250 Canadian.....in Canada Amzon has single sheets x 2 ( same micron) at $109 Cdn+ tax......I have the Bubble Boys Bubble bags in 4 sizes but I find there's too much loss...six oz gets me grams in return 6 oz will last me a month +in smoke....grams last days....I can't justify the quality to quantity ratio...

One last plant to buck and jar today! Looking forward to concluding this grow. Four days of trimming, followed by twelve days of drying and today is five days of closer trimming and jarring up the goodies. I’ve a super nice blister in the soft spot of my hand between my thumb and forefinger and my azz is tired of me sitting on it. Awwwww the joys of the grow. 😂
I know @Shaded and @Pipecarver should be doing the same thing or at least closer to doing it. We all went to flower at the same time.
I still have 2 to cut and hang, I'll get at it tonight. The last 2 sad looking things, net still drooped over them. ran out of water lol...fk a few nice big buds left on a Gsc and a GG at 11.5 weeks. I probable cook with the these. Just oil them up, I ordered another quart of MCT oil. My wife's been making gummies to help her sleep at night. so when it gets here I'll have some dried for her.

I can't come down to my shop here in the morning without Qnight, he bitches so much if I don't bring him down he forces my wife Charlotte to bring him down....he's a very aggressive Black Siamese type cat. Very vocal and sharp sharp claws he'll shred everything in his path if he doesn't get his way. Sweet loving boy but he sure has attitude about his daily routine.....hes sleeping along side me here curled up on a black cat bed I put on a small table I've made......while I smoke and type/read

Last edited:
@CannaGranny @Pipecarver how goes the harvest? Pics or else 🧙‍♂️

CG I posted updates in my grow journal! I've already got them cut, hung, tent cleaned, and moved in the other 4 gals 🤙
I’ll do pics for ya this eve when I finish this last plant 🙂
I will for sure check out your journal. I know I am way behind at the moment. I’m cleaning today too. I have got to get that monster azz plant in her space! I hang mine to dry in my tents as I can control the temp and humidity in that room. Keeps my tents tied up longer.

I will for sure check out your journal. I know I am way behind at the moment. I’m cleaning today too. I have got to get that monster azz plant in her space! I hang mine to dry in my tents as I can control the temp and humidity in that room. Keeps my tents tied up longer.

I thought for sure you guys were ahead of me! All that anxiety and peer pressure for nothing 😂

Im a huge fan of drying in my tents, sure it ties them up for 2 weeks that i could be growing, but my stuff would dry in 5 days if i didnt use a tent. Really makes things that much easier, especially with the controlled AC Infinity fans

I know it's not proper protocol on a cannabis forum but we bought a bowl trimmer 3 years ago and we wouldn't harvest without it.20201226_132714.jpg20201226_132736.jpg

Back
Top Bottom