Our boy Dusk is having a hard time with asthma sometimes he gets into cough fits that seem to last for minutes and the poor guy looks exhausted afterwards. A puffer twice a day and antibiotics in a treat twice a day and he still has bad attacks so we called the vet and she prescribed another puffer for extreme attacks but that seems to make his coughing more frequent. I think he's misdiagnosed but I'm not the vet
You do any hairball control?

As most stop by the corner I think posting a friendly question here would get the best chance of knowledgeable answers. Or at least an educated guesses. 🤣

As some know I’ve pretty much just grown the one strain for over a year with clones being the bulk of that time.

Each grow is different. Sometimes only a little, other times a lot. Nothing crazy just nutrients, amounts, temps, RH, inside or outside even different lights. Soil might be used or clean but the same. Grown in different pot sizes but double the plant size. Even SCROG or free range. Stuff like that. Light schedule was always same.

My question is; can a clone smell, taste, and affect you differently harvest to harvest? Tolerance aside.

I ask because after each cure they seem different. Especially the ones I did using the lotus method. The aromas is how we choose what to vape that day, or the effect.

If I repeatedly grew them the same, under similar conditions, with similar feeding, and the same equipment I’d expect them to be similar.

Not exactly a nature vs nurture but you get the idea.

I was told that it was different more than once but they knew it was mine.

My question is; can a clone smell, taste, and affect you differently harvest to harvest? Tolerance aside.

I would say yes.
Parameters can differ and that can have a large effect.
Growing in the winter or the summer will make a rooms parameters different even when controlled as best as possible IMO also.
Humidity and temp are two things that could be very different grow to grow and have influence over many other parameters.

As most stop by the corner I think posting a friendly question here would get the best chance of knowledgeable answers. Or at least an educated guesses. 🤣

As some know I’ve pretty much just grown the one strain for over a year with clones being the bulk of that time.

Each grow is different. Sometimes only a little, other times a lot. Nothing crazy just nutrients, amounts, temps, RH, inside or outside even different lights. Soil might be used or clean but the same. Grown in different pot sizes but double the plant size. Even SCROG or free range. Stuff like that. Light schedule was always same.

I ask because after each cure they seem different. Especially the ones I did using the lotus method. The aromas is how we choose what to vape that day, or the effect.

If I repeatedly grew them the same, under similar conditions, with similar feeding, and the same equipment I’d expect them to be similar.

I think alot of it has to do with soil, inputs, and the cure....sometimes you just nail it ya know? Flush could be another factor

Jeff was talking about his modified Mac Berry I believe being in tissue culture because it was so terpy. He said it hit over 6 and just below 6 another time he had it tested. So the results weren't always the same....there could also be genetic drift but I don't see that being an issue within a year or so.

But I'm running a bunch of the same clone right now and smoke was saying his wife said identical twins with different personalities and I thought that fit so well....sometimes they even want a little more or less food.

I don't think it's uncommon to see variation in the results though...we always are learning and trying new things as growers so it should be expected

My 2 cent

Just watched a podcast and they were talking about how clones can be genitlcly altered by the nutrition of the mother at the time of cloning.moon cycles play a big role too. Slight Environmental changes from different times of year are huge factors for growth and nute uptake. It's amazing what a difference 5 or 10 degrees will make for growth speed and root development.

IMO, it really depends on environmental factors. One of the things I did this run was to push the DLI from weeks 3 through 7 to increase the trichome development. From what I've read the laymans explanation is that trichomes are formed as a defense against plant eating animals along with wind and sun. The sun part is where I was most interested. I read that trichomes form as a deterrent, like sun tan lotion, from the harmful spectrums of the sun. Increasing luminance to the point right before they light stressed I noticed the trichomes really took off in size.

I'm in the home stretch and trying to keep them under 75° lights on. I'm trying to keep the VOC's from vaporizing off the trichomes to improve taste and entourage effect. From what I know about trichomes, they develop like sheets of water so when it gets hot those sheets of water will evaporate. I've been reducing the DLI and I'm at the final stage so from here on out it's all about keeping the tent cool so that I can build those terpenes and VOC's.

I'm sure soil and other factors also play a large part but most of us go off of taste and effect.

Last edited:
IMO, it really depends on environmental factors. One of the things I did this run was to push the DLI from weeks 3 through 7 to increase the trichome development. From what I've read the laymans explanation is that trichomes are formed as a defense against plant eating animals along with wind and sun. The sun part is where I was most interested. I read that trichomes form as a deterrent, like sun tan lotion, from the harmful spectrums of the sun. Increasing luminance to the point right before they light stressed I noticed the trichomes really took off in size.

I’ve read some of this, Moe and CG have said similar as well. My first harvest ever was like that when it went black. The leaves would get wet but only on the one older plant. To date it was my best grow. Now that I know better I still try to duplicate but intentionally when I grow that strain. My white whale. Clone B is my closest yet.

I'm in the home stretch and trying to keep them under 75° lights on. I'm trying to keep the VOC's from vaporizing off the trichomes to improve taste and entourage effect. From what I know about trichomes, they develop like sheets of water so when it gets hot those sheets of water will evaporate. I've been reducing the DLI and I'm at the final stage so from here on out it's all about keeping the tent cool so that I can build those terpenes and VOC's.

I didn’t keep notes on what I did and almost killed it a few times. But at the time I had read you should have the light up to 100% in flower. So the oldest turned black, one was normal, and one dried on the stem. Last one tasted and smelled like pine sap and straw. 🤣 So I had them stressed.

I'm sure soil and other factors also play a large part but most of us go off of taste and effect.

Cool.

It sounds like most agree with me that each clone is different if grown differently. And probably affects aroma and taste along with how it’s cured.

I’m not good enough to do a side by side to test this so thank everyone for you opinions.

You do any hairball control?
I think so, my wife gets stuff for them and puts it in their food, Dusky doesn't barf up any thing he stretches his neck out and dry coughs, We just try to calm him down, He had an attack today after Coal was chasing him around, how do you get the kids not to play and chase one another?...not going to happen.
Has your kitty come back home?"

I didn’t keep notes on what I did and almost killed it a few times. But at the time I had read you should have the light up to 100% in flower. So the oldest turned black, one was normal, and one dried on the stem. Last one tasted and smelled like pine sap and straw. 🤣 So I had them stressed.
Part of the keeping cool strategy was to try and turn down the lights as much as possible to lower heat in the tent but balance out the DLI I wanted them to stew in and still get as much light spread by keeping the lights higher. I had to find that sweet spot and, because of my being in home stretch I don't need to change the DLI so as long as my DLI was met it was a balancing act between light spread and luminance.
Cool.

It sounds like most agree with me that each clone is different if grown differently. And probably affects aroma and taste along with how it’s cured.

I’m not good enough to do a side by side to test this so thank everyone for you opinions.
I would tend to agree. I've grown the same cultivar back to back before in the same space but with different environmentals and nutrient programs and noticed a difference.

One thing I've been contemplating and maybe you or others that have knowledge would know that, aside from mold or other disease that higher RH may introduce, would a higher RH in those last couple weeks be best to keep terpenes from volatizing? I know heat will evaporate them off but if there's nowhere for them to go because of the vapor in the air what would happen to them? Also, having the humidifier going would also cool the air temp reducing evaporation further.

I think so, my wife gets stuff for them and puts it in their food, Dusky doesn't barf up any thing he stretches his neck out and dry coughs, We just try to calm him down, He had an attack today after Coal was chasing him around, how do you get the kids not to play and chase one another?...not going to happen.
Has your kitty come back home?"
Nope he hasn’t shown up. I went out driving today looking. Nothing. Each day he is gone gets a little worse. At some point I will accept it, but for now, still holding out great hope.

Morning all.

After yesterdays sun, wind, rain and snow all night we went from 16c to -5c in 24hrs. Snow didn’t add up to much. Just the grass is covered this morning, -7c but the suns trying to shine.

Tents are zipped for the day. And I have a laptop to find and fix up. Need to try and transfer old pics off a phone. After chores of course.

L8r

It's about time this dude got busted.

Never got over 25f and had some pretty nasty winds today.
But the view of the beach was nice~!
1709248300388.png
It will be more enjoyable when it is warmer.
Which I guess is tomorrow. WTF~!🤪

Back
Top Bottom