Granny, have you ever worked with Far red lights? This is my 3rd run with them on for 15 min after lights out. Supposedly that allows me to run my lights for an extended on time. Last run I went 12.5 on 11.5 off from the start and I think that delayed bud development and at 4 weeks in flower they look more like 3 week. I don't think my hermi had anything to do with that I think that was genetics all the way..

During the time I was using my reds I read somewhere about starting at 12/12 then adjusting to 12.5/11.5 some time later then again to 13/11.....I can't find that info to re read and I'm wondering if you know anything about this?

As is unless I can find the info I'm looking for I'll go a week at 12/12 then adjust 30 min on time. I'm not sure I want to push it to 13/11 but I read a guy yesterday said he goes 14/10 using far reds on an old outdated thread from a few years back..
Can’t help ya on this one PC. No experience at all with this method, but very interested in your outcome!

Whoooooop whooooop! I made the Sierra Cup Nationals again this year! Hold my joint while I turn a flip!!! Only twenty spots open for my class, I made it! I made it!!! Look out St Lou, here I come!IMG_1796.jpeg

Granny, have you ever worked with Far red lights? This is my 3rd run with them on for 15 min after lights out. Supposedly that allows me to run my lights for an extended on time. Last run I went 12.5 on 11.5 off from the start and I think that delayed bud development and at 4 weeks in flower they look more like 3 week. I don't think my hermi had anything to do with that I think that was genetics all the way..

During the time I was using my reds I read somewhere about starting at 12/12 then adjusting to 12.5/11.5 some time later then again to 13/11.....I can't find that info to re read and I'm wondering if you know anything about this?

As is unless I can find the info I'm looking for I'll go a week at 12/12 then adjust 30 min on time. I'm not sure I want to push it to 13/11 but I read a guy yesterday said he goes 14/10 using far reds on an old outdated thread from a few years back..

I am sure @Moe.Red has info on the far reds.

Congrats sharpshot

Never bothered to ask, but how's your skills with a bow?
I used to be darn good with one, after the accident and the back injury not so much. I just don’t have that upper body strength anymore. I’m still darn good with a set of throwing knives tho. One of the first gifts my Hubby ever gave me a set of Gil Hibben throwing knives. Was then, I knew I was gonna marry that man!

I used to be darn good with one, after the accident and the back injury not so much. I just don’t have that upper body strength anymore. I’m still darn good with a set of throwing knives tho. One of the first gifts my Hubby ever gave me a set of Gil Hibben throwing knives. Was then, I knew I was gonna marry that man!
Throwing knives is a lot of fun, ever try throwing axes? I used to throw with the Sherman's here on occasion, it was always a ton of fun.

Throwing knives is a lot of fun, ever try throwing axes? I used to throw with the Sherman's here on occasion, it was always a ton of fun.
Nope an axe gets back into that upper body strength and use and flexibility of the upper spine, which I no longer have. The knife is about the arm and wrist. I still got that. 🙂

I went to one of those axe throwing parlors the last time I was in New Orleans. Super fun but ya gotta watch out for bouncing axes!

Some burly dude in the next stall wound up and threw his axe hard only for it to bounce off the wall right back at him!!!

if the card itself isn't damaged and maybe just corrupt data, try a program called get data back from runtime software. it's a simple program and has saved my butt in the past. if you can't find the program free let me know i'll get you a copy.

Thank you. I got some sleep and I stepped back for the night. Not a time to react. I have a lot of tools and programs, all at least 5 years old now, but if I rebuild one PC I have enough stuff I might be able to recover. It’s basically saying storage was created outside the partition. Pretty sure it’s a FAT32 partition so I could swap it from phone to Windows or Linux.

I’ll look up that tool as well. Never hurts to have extras. I probably still have an image file of Nortons Commander and other utilities. 🤣

Probably need to use a partition tool like partition magic or something. First step is seeing if my good laptop that died works plugged into a monitor or tv. Screens dead but I never checked if it was loading.

I’m still shocked and letting it sink in. HDD and others I’ve had good success with but SD cards and other chip type storage devices tend to work until they don’t. I’ve gotten lucky before but it’s hit or miss in my experience.

It's time for coffee and a joint 🫠🥴
:cheers:

@Pipecarver I know you are looking for the bottom line, I'll keep this as interesting as I can.

1709407482721.png

Far Red is off the chart to the right. The only hope of photosynthesis is Chlorophyll a and even that is insignificant. So this is not about standard plant to light responses in terms of making sugar.

It is a signal. Specifically phytochrome Pfr

1709407423720.png

1709407564823.png

For any one phytochrome, there exists a photoequilibrium of two interconvertible forms, red and FR absorbing forms (also known as Pr and Pfr, respectively). Pfr is the active form of phytochrome and it elicits physiological responses

Source

So you are flipping a switch in the plant from one state to another.

This is the "put them to sleep faster" switch you are wondering about.

With me so far?

Probably not so here is the bottom line: For your use you need a fair amount of far red to cover the whole canopy to be effective in a 30 minute burst. In my testing a puck is insufficient for this purpose.

I'm tagging in @Bandit420 in case he can say it plainer that me, or has a different experience.

@Pipecarver I know you are looking for the bottom line, I'll keep this as interesting as I can.

View attachment 47433

Far Red is off the chart to the right. The only hope of photosynthesis is Chlorophyll a and even that is insignificant. So this is not about standard plant to light responses in terms of making sugar.

It is a signal. Specifically phytochrome Pfr

View attachment 47431

View attachment 47434

For any one phytochrome, there exists a photoequilibrium of two interconvertible forms, red and FR absorbing forms (also known as Pr and Pfr, respectively). Pfr is the active form of phytochrome and it elicits physiological responses

Source

So you are flipping a switch in the plant from one state to another.

This is the "put them to sleep faster" switch you are wondering about.

With me so far?

Probably not so here is the bottom line: For your use you need a fair amount of far red to cover the whole canopy to be effective in a 30 minute burst. In my testing a puck is insufficient for this purpose.

I'm tagging in @Bandit420 in case he can say it plainer that me, or has a different experience.
Hey thanks Moe, What I'm wondering about is the introduction of the Far reds to the plants and when to extended the on time to take advantage of the reds.
Day 1 was Feb 29,,just far reds at lights out..no added time...I plan on after 7 days add extra time. I read something a while back about a gradual introduction of extra on time to the plants as they progress in flower. I read an old thread about going with 14 hrs on 10 off but that seems extreme.....I'm just playing. How did you use far reds and when did you introduce them to your plants?

Rapid led says 2 - pucks in a 4x4 I've 3 in a 5x5...1 per light I have in there

I've boasted on a few occasions that I am a professional pot smoker. I googled to see if my profession is even recognized. Nope.......all I could find was seek help......it was a pipe dream.....I suggest we start one, a Professional Pot Smokers Association anything we do that we enjoy and enjoyed by millions should have standards and maybe plaques for accomplishments like the 1lb a year club badge...hard to prove I guess a lot of braggarts out there ...lol.... but I'm thinking after 55 years of smoking pot I should be a professional by now or do I still have work to do......my mind wanders....

I've boasted on a few occasions that I am a professional pot smoker. I googled to see if my profession is even recognized. Nope.......all I could find was seek help......it was a pipe dream.....I suggest we start one, a Professional Pot Smokers Association anything we do that we enjoy and enjoyed by millions should have standards and maybe plaques for accomplishments like the 1lb a year club badge...hard to prove I guess a lot of braggarts out there ...lol.... but I'm thinking after 55 years of smoking pot I should be a professional by now or do I still have work to do......my mind wanders....

i consider myself a pro smoker... every job i've ever had as an adult i have been high at... get paid to be high, PRO!!! 😆

Maybe better to label yourself a "practicing" smoker. Like a Doctor or Lawyer. They're always "practicing" their profession.

I do like your title. Professional Pot Smokers Association. Do we get member cards and decoder rings to figure out the secret messages only members are privy too?

I wanna be a card carrying member of the P.P.S.A.!!! 😄

PPSA membership will give us many out of town perks and conveniences!
Pretty soon, if none of us forget, we'll be recognized world wide!

• Deleted by GoodShit97
  • Reason: Wrong
Show…
Back
Top Bottom